Author Topic: FIFA World Cup 2014  (Read 78371 times)

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
Re: FIFA World Cup 2014
« Reply #750 on: July 09, 2014, 09:38:39 PM »
The general opinion atm appears to be "wow, whichever of these teams win will just get obliterated by Germany"

« Reply #751 on: July 09, 2014, 09:50:50 PM »
quick everyone bet on Germany

the payout probably wont be very good though :V

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #752 on: July 09, 2014, 09:58:29 PM »
The general opinion atm appears to be "wow, whichever of these teams win will just get obliterated by Germany"
My family gave up and went to sleep from the boredom.
Argentina has played 1000 men defence vs USA as well you know? They scored one and then defended for 80min. Argentina actually won none of their games with major fireworks or major difference. It is their style then instant counter like a run from Messi. Because really, Argentina is just Messi and nothing else.

NL also stubborn sticks to their 5 3 2 setup which is heavy defence and also drop to 8 defenders when Argentina is there. Luring then countering as well. Except Argentina defends with 6 fully and 4 random attackers who just play for Messi.

I wouldn't call the game boring. The game has no fireworks but is tense because none of the teams want to lose. And whoever wins this game won't be obliterated to Germany, because Germany had lots of trouble vs Algeria remember? Brazil has been surviving this entire tournament on Neymar and Silva. Both being gone (injury and card) is crumbled attack + defence.

Also fuck Robben should've made the goal at 90th minute ARGHHH.

Extra Time is going to be suffering. I hate this. I hate penalties and there is a good possibility we might lose as well. Field is like a swamp due to the rain. Running in rain is fucking effort. And that including extra time. Now imagine the penalties being taken with slippery balls and field.  :ohdear: :ohdear:

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #753 on: July 09, 2014, 09:59:26 PM »
Maybe it's less boring to you since it's your team, but this is easily at least as boring as Germany vs France. I legitimately do not want to watch this game and want my 90 minutes back.

Silent Harmony

• Everybody needs the Pharmarcy
  • Justice never dies!
« Reply #754 on: July 09, 2014, 10:07:34 PM »
Honestly as a neutral I find this game more entertaining than the last game because once Germany went up 4-0 you knew it was all over and it wasn't even halftime. The only thing it had going for it at that point was the humor factor. At least this game has dramatic moments, few as they may be.

1CC List (all shmups)
League of Legends / Battle.net: Harmony11(#1694)

redlakitu

« Reply #755 on: July 09, 2014, 10:15:08 PM »
This is like those chess games where both grandmasters know how it's going to end and agree on a draw after 20-30 moves. Except those teams can't do that and need to wait until the time runs out.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #756 on: July 09, 2014, 10:18:47 PM »
Honestly as a neutral I find this game more entertaining than the last game because once Germany went up 4-0 you knew it was all over and it wasn't even halftime. The only thing it had going for it at that point was the humor factor. At least this game has dramatic moments, few as they may be.
I [vastly, in yesterday's case] prefer a game that "ends" thirty minutes in but is an event on its own (even 4-0s are usually not that bad in this regard) compared to these sorts of aggravating tactical games. I can't put to words exactly why this is true, but it is. Sometimes a game is just darn boring/annoying no matter how competitive it is in actuality.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #757 on: July 09, 2014, 10:35:00 PM »
Maybe it's less boring to you since it's your team, but this is easily at least as boring as Germany vs France. I legitimately do not want to watch this game and want my 90 minutes back.
Yes there is logically a bias as being Dutchy, though I still wouldn't call it boring. Costa Rica was a boring game. USA vs Argentina was boring.

Now then, god damn it penalty kicks.

Help.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #758 on: July 09, 2014, 10:39:51 PM »
Of course it's down to penalty kicks.

Edit: Miss-i :V

Edit 2: welp
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 10:45:07 PM by Edible »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #759 on: July 09, 2014, 10:45:43 PM »
It ends here. Good game, well played. Nothing else to say.

Jirachi

• Wish Maker
  • yawn...
« Reply #760 on: July 09, 2014, 10:46:17 PM »
:fail:

Go Deutschland!

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #761 on: July 09, 2014, 10:47:00 PM »
Welp, that PK shoot was disastrous. :ohdear:

Now it's back to Deutschland ?ber Alles ~
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

redlakitu

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #763 on: July 09, 2014, 10:49:21 PM »
I doubt we're in condition to face Holland, but oh well... hopefully we won't get stomped as badly as in the last game. :P

Also, why can't football games be just penalties? They're so more exciting~   :derp:
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 10:52:59 PM by ☆ Synnae ☆ »

Sweetness and love~ ♥

Jirachi

• Wish Maker
  • yawn...
« Reply #764 on: July 09, 2014, 10:52:59 PM »
I doubt we're in conditions to face Holland, but oh well... hopefully we won't get stomped as badly as on the last game. :P

At least, we'd better be crushed by them than by Argentina. :V

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #765 on: July 09, 2014, 10:57:58 PM »
If Argentina plays just as splendid defensively as they did this game, it'll be another close game.

What a great time for Argentina to FINALLY pick up their defense. It was shit before but it's finally back to how it should be. Germany had problems against defensive teams as well (ie. Algeria), but it'll still be a very different game.

Also, I can post this (just because it's hilarious)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNjlKs5asJ0

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #766 on: July 09, 2014, 10:58:30 PM »
As much as I think this dueling of shots takes all the beauty out of the game, they are at least fun to watch.

Their performance still promises being trounced by Germany either way. Still, nice to have them along.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #767 on: July 09, 2014, 11:06:09 PM »
It ends here. Good game, well played. Nothing else to say.
GOOD NIGHT

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #768 on: July 09, 2014, 11:12:26 PM »
Also, I can post this (just because it's hilarious)

lol, thank you Gpop. You just gave me a good laugh... :')

Sweetness and love~ ♥

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #769 on: July 09, 2014, 11:18:33 PM »
Dutch team captain Van Persie was rubbish and should not even have played this game. Goddamn. The goalie should not have insisted on taking the penalty shots, he's never ever stopped one in his entire career.

Oh well, gg Argentina. They were faster and better than the Dutch until lategame, but when penalties came I quit watching because I knew the Dutch'd lose with no goalie swap.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #770 on: July 10, 2014, 12:07:00 AM »
Goddamnit Gpop, that was hilarious.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #771 on: July 10, 2014, 12:34:53 AM »
That Argentine announcer, pffffhahahaa. :getdown:
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

« Reply #772 on: July 10, 2014, 12:42:13 AM »
And here I thought Galv?o Bueno was over the top.

« Reply #773 on: July 10, 2014, 12:51:09 AM »
The goalie should not have insisted on taking the penalty shots, he's never ever stopped one in his entire career.

Oh well, gg Argentina. They were faster and better than the Dutch until lategame, but when penalties came I quit watching because I knew the Dutch'd lose with no goalie swap.

Dutch couldn't swap the keeper because they used up all of their subs.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #774 on: July 10, 2014, 01:47:01 AM »
I have watched the Argentine announcer thing four times now and it hasn't gotten less hilarious.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #775 on: July 10, 2014, 05:26:07 AM »
What would've happened if a 2nd goal fell while he was still shouting?  :V

Dutch team captain Van Persie was rubbish and should not even have played this game.
Aye, he was performing rubbish vs Costa as well. Persie was just non existent. No idea what happened after we got out of the groups.

I was also expecting more from Huntelaar, being fresh and newly swapped, I expected him to hunt. Didn't happen.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #776 on: July 10, 2014, 05:47:28 AM »
Dutch team captain Van Persie was rubbish and should not even have played this game. Goddamn. The goalie should not have insisted on taking the penalty shots, he's never ever stopped one in his entire career.

They couldn't save up a third replacement option all the way to '120 this time. It's a pretty unreasonable thing to do in the first place!

I was also expecting more from Huntelaar, being fresh and newly swapped, I expected him to hunt. Didn't happen.
Well clearly he should actually change his name so it's pronounced hunt and not hoont.  :colbert:

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #777 on: July 10, 2014, 06:41:00 AM »
I am, and entire Netherlands is, sad that we couldn't do the classic Germany vs Netherlands final again. In 2010 Germany failed by losing in 1/2 to Spain and this WC Holland failed in 1/2.

Also this was posted few days ago after win on Costa. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkHzWFmA--k

Can you see Sneijder's moves?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 07:09:33 AM by Helepolis »

« Reply #778 on: July 10, 2014, 11:12:40 AM »
Germany had problems against defensive teams as well (ie. Algeria), but it'll still be a very different game.

We didn't have Hummels in the game against Algeria. *excuse*
You saw him in France vs Germany? He is like the wall before the wall (Neuer)

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #779 on: July 10, 2014, 03:44:20 PM »
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .