Author Topic: FIFA World Cup 2014  (Read 78379 times)

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
Re: FIFA World Cup 2014
« Reply #540 on: July 02, 2014, 09:32:17 PM »
While a yellow card does have a certain weight, it's nothing compared with the possibility of a PENALTY KICK. Between the 2, the risk/reward is heavily in favour of the diver. An example for all: Robben against Mexico. And Robben as far as i know isn't a "professional diver".

As for the camera, i was thinking about reviewing and punishing it AFTER the match.
Example: Balotelli dive and is awarded a penalty against Costa Rica (doesn't matter if he score or not, or if the defender receive a card or not). After the match, they review the action and discover that Balotelli dived so it wasn't a foul. Because of this discovery Balotelli is disqualified for the next match, although the final score of the match with Costa Rica obviously can't be changed.

While it wouldn't solve the problem of wrong calls during the match, it would greatly discourage diving. Because they do stuff like this quite often.
Now a penalty kick is way too big of a consequence in a game like soccer, where goals are much more valuable and less frequent that a lot of other sports, and especially with how easy it usually is to score a penalty compared to something like, say, hockey.

Also, for the review thing, you mean like how they punished Suarez for it? :V

« Reply #541 on: July 02, 2014, 09:53:06 PM »
You follow football because there aren't basketball teams as anime girls :V

Germany = Asuka, of course.

Friday will be fun.
Plans sofar:
17:45, meet up at public viewing near the Dojo
18:00, watch the game with some beer
If Germany wins:
19:45, car parade to the dojo
20:00, celebrate by doing Kendo

If Germany loses:
19:45, march of shame to the dojo
20:00, let off steam with Kendo
:bzzz:

redlakitu

« Reply #542 on: July 04, 2014, 07:35:29 AM »
So during the Germany - Algeria match, a Polish commentator called Algerians "the Desert Foxes" (that's pretty much their official nickname). Continuing with the metaphor, he said something to the effect of "those clever desert animals were able to seriously mess Germany up today".

...aaand he's been officially accused of racism.

As for today's matches, both sound great on paper. Colombia will verify Brazil's true mettle and France - Germany is just a guaranteed hit, especially with both teams playing so well on this tournament. Prepare yourselves for some good football today.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #543 on: July 04, 2014, 08:27:35 AM »
I'm going to hope again Brazil gets defeated, just so I can post the Colombia answer image.

Germany needs to be careful with their Neuer. I've seen videos also of Neuer being outsmarted by many other players in the German League. 1/4 teams are not clueless, they do their homework by observing.

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #544 on: July 04, 2014, 05:56:00 PM »
goodbye France

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #545 on: July 04, 2014, 05:57:58 PM »
Well... in all honesty, I was kinda expecting more of this game.

France almost scored on the last minute to even the game.

EDIT

Brasil's match will begin now. I've been waiting for this game the whole week.

Spoiler:
I won't deny I'm not so confident given the adversary we will be facing, but anyway:

VAI VAI BRASIL VAI
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 07:59:22 PM by ☆ Synnae ☆ »

Sweetness and love~ ♥

« Reply #546 on: July 04, 2014, 08:13:07 PM »

I won't deny I'm not so confident given the adversary we will be facing, but anyway

My sixth sense tells me Brazil is gonna win the match so keep celebrating  :V

EDIT, i need to be proven wrong though, f?tbol fans here can't take a loss and it's scary
SCAAARYYYYYY
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 08:29:54 PM by Heena »

춤추는 작은 까탈레나~

« Reply #547 on: July 04, 2014, 08:47:48 PM »
France almost scored on the last minute to even the game.

but Neuer lifted his hand was was like *nope* :bzzz:
I was glad that Hummels was back, without him, we would have lost the game hard.
He made the goal in minute 13 and he was between every dangerous ball that wanted to find its way into the German goal.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #548 on: July 04, 2014, 08:50:46 PM »
but Neuer lifted his hand was was like *nope* :bzzz:
He had a similar save in the first half. Neuer's hand is Neuer tier.

As for the current game, it's kinda one-sided. Not very happy at all.

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #549 on: July 04, 2014, 09:56:02 PM »
We win. Seems like your sixth sense was right, Heena. :V

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

We had a lot of trouble near the end, but still managed to win at least.

Sweetness and love~ ♥

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #550 on: July 04, 2014, 09:56:37 PM »
Brazil won thanks to Ref. Thanks Obama Referee.

Free kick was Hulk diving. Thanks Ref.

Cesar's penalty should've been red card. Clear red. No questions. Thanks Ref.

Faul on Naymar should've been also red. Even if it was yellow, it wouldn't been red by 2nd yellow. Thanks Ref.

TL DR: Thanks Ref.

« Reply #551 on: July 04, 2014, 09:58:13 PM »
this is like every br game this cup :V

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #552 on: July 04, 2014, 10:00:52 PM »
Brazil won thanks to Ref. Thanks Obama Referee.

Free kick was Hulk diving. Thanks Ref.

Cesar's penalty should've been red card. Clear red. No questions. Thanks Ref.

Faul on Naymar should've been also red. Even if it was yellow, it wouldn't been red by 2nd yellow. Thanks Ref.

TL DR: Thanks Ref.

Yeah. Sounds rich coming from someone who won by a miracle against Mexico. :V

Stop being butthurt.

Sweetness and love~ ♥

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #553 on: July 04, 2014, 10:02:57 PM »
Yeah. Sounds rich coming from someone who won by a Miracle against Mexico. :V

Stop being butthurt.
Roben's penalty was the penalty costs for the previous two. NL should've gotten two. But we got one. Sound like a fair deal no?

Except people are too much mislead by the media instead of simply rewinding and watching the game.

I am pretty sure you've seen Julios Cesar was the last man standing, did a two legged sliding on the 100% goal maker + raising leg. Ignoring "Thanks Ref" thing, it remains a red card according to the rules. Period.

Edit: Mind you, the red card would've totally changed the game. Julios Cesar had to leave the field. Brazil has to change a player to insert their 2nd goaly, putting them down to 10. We've seen how easy Colombia was conquering the mid field as well.

If you think NL won by Miracle, so did Brazil.

Stop being butthurt.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 10:05:01 PM by Helepolis »

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #554 on: July 04, 2014, 10:04:34 PM »
Yeah, the ref wasn't that bad. I guess I agree on the red to Cesar but in general this game was icky even with the lite reffing. 50+ fouls, fuck. Both games turned out largely unexciting. Not a good day for me.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #555 on: July 04, 2014, 10:06:18 PM »
Yeah, the ref wasn't that bad. I guess I agree on the red to Cesar but in general this game was icky even with the lite reffing. 50+ fouls, fuck. Both games turned out largely unexciting. Not a good day for me.
Ref ignored half of the real fauls (Naymar got smashed in his back, that was dirty) and I cannot believe the sideline ref didn't spot that but does see Hulk diving intentionally?

« Reply #556 on: July 04, 2014, 10:07:44 PM »
I don't care about football but I can't help feeling a bit sad, lol. My sixth sense is sharp as always, unfortunately. Anyway congratz!
*goes to the nuclear emergency room*

춤추는 작은 까탈레나~

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #557 on: July 04, 2014, 10:08:58 PM »
Stop being butthurt.

lol. Hahahaha. Me being butthurt? You're the one that's making tl;dr texts whining on every sentence over Brasil's victory.

Seriously, stop being a sore loser. The victory was still a victory. Learn to accept it and move on.

Sweetness and love~ ♥

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #558 on: July 04, 2014, 10:10:05 PM »
Brazil always lose performance after the second half, anyway :toot:

[attach=1]
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #559 on: July 04, 2014, 10:14:28 PM »
lol. Hahahaha. Me being butthurt? You're the one that's making tl;dr texts whining on every sentence over Brasil's victory.

Seriously, stop being a sore loser. The victory was still a victory. Learn to accept it and move on.
I don't see how I am a sore loser, since NL is still in the WC :V but fine, what ever you say chap. You may call me a sore loser tomorrow when NL happens to lose. Which is a possibility since Costa Rica is not to be underestimated.

No matter if NL wins or loses, I rather see Brazil go down against Germans. Though seeing how much the referees love to favour Brazil in all matches so far, I doubt that. (Japan ref first round anyone?)

Tomorrow's matches I'm ready for! Red Devils vs Messi and then ProDiveNL vs Costa Rica.

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #560 on: July 04, 2014, 10:49:54 PM »
chap

It's incredible how some people have the eyes to tl;dr argue with me but not to spot my gender under my name, despite how it's pretty much in plain sight.

Anyway, despite how much you want to see Brasil down on this cup, I'm not cheering for Costa Rica to beat Netherlands. I don't hate you guys, so it'll be fine with me regardless of who wins tomorrow.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 10:54:15 PM by ☆ Synnae ☆ »

Sweetness and love~ ♥

Espadas

• You're gonna have a bad time
« Reply #561 on: July 04, 2014, 11:12:54 PM »
Synnae, we both know i'm not the biggest fan of the Brazilian team (i've said from the beginning i hope ANY other team wins as long as it isn't Brazil) but i hope you will agree some of the calls today were questionable, especially the foul that caused the penalty. That one was a Red card by any standard and would have changed completely the rest of the match.

Would have Colombia won? Impossible to know, but the fact remain that it would have had a mayor impact.

To be fair that flying tackle against Neymar was AT LEAST a Yellow card so it would have evened out the teams.....

I think the biggest problem is that a lot of people around the world were expecting that the referees would favour the home team in this World Cup (like in almost any World Cup, yay for neutrality  :V) and what happened in some of Brazil's matches DIDN'T HELP AT ALL (and yes, i admit i'm one of them)

EDIT: There is only one sentence i absolutely don't agree with "The victory was still a victory. Learn to accept it and move on."
People will accept it as long as they feel no one "cheated". Telling them "deal with it" never work, especially in soccer.

And considering the teams we are arguing about, one example for all times: ANDRES ESCOBAR. The fans didn't "learnt to accept it" so hard they actually turned against their own team..... Idiocy will always prosper in soccer's fans.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 11:22:55 PM by Espadas »

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #562 on: July 04, 2014, 11:25:38 PM »
Well... I'm not a football expert. I just watch the games from the World Cup, because I think it's exciting seeing a whole country against another. But I don't care about the Brazilian championships or stuff like that. So I can't really say if the calls today were questionable or not. I don't know everything about the rules, but I do know some basic stuff.

What I'm trying to say is that we already won. Even if the victory may not be completely legit, I do know that complaining about it won't change the fact we still won. We should let it go already.

But that's still not the end of the cup. Brasil still has two games ahead, and maybe we can get eliminated. If that happens, hope it will make you guys happy.

EDIT

Brazilian news just revealed that it will take 4~6 weeks or so for Neymar to recover from the flying tackle. In other words, he won't be able to play on this cup anymore.

Great. We just lost our best player. Are you all happy now?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 11:36:29 PM by ☆ Synnae ☆ »

Sweetness and love~ ♥

Espadas

« Reply #563 on: July 04, 2014, 11:46:04 PM »
What I'm trying to say is that we already won. Even if the victory may not be completely legit, I do know that complaining about it won't change the fact we still won. We should let it go already.

This sounds more reasonable  ;) It SHOULD be how it works, but as i said football have probably the worst possible following among sports, so don't expect too much

But that's still not the end of the cup. Brasil still has two games ahead, and maybe we can get eliminated. If that happens, hope it will make you guys happy.

Don't take it too personally Synnae. While i admit i indeed would be happy if Brazil get eliminated, my reason is a personal dislike for the attitude of way too many brazilians football fans and players. I think the others are simply going with "Brazil is favoured, so it shouldn't win."
They are not angry with the brazilian team, they are angry with those in power that want to help Brazil. Unfortunately the only way to "stick it to them" is for Brazil to actually lose.....  :V

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #564 on: July 05, 2014, 01:07:49 AM »
Roben's penalty was the penalty costs for the previous two. NL should've gotten two. But we got one. Sound like a fair deal no?
The thing is, in the end a dive is a dive. He chose not to go down for when he got hack n slashed, and was really lucky to get the call for the dive. In the end, the dive itself shouldn't have been called, and now people are all making fun of him for it.

Now people see why people dive or fall every time they get a tiny foul. Not saying that Roben is bad, I like NL and all, but people really need to understand why players fall in the first place. Unless they're Messi that can reliably keep possession even after getting hit all the time :V

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #565 on: July 05, 2014, 02:09:29 AM »
It's incredible how some people have the eyes to tl;dr argue with me but not to spot my gender under my name, despite how it's pretty much in plain sight.
I stand corrected and guilty for this case. I've got no excuses for the mess up: I simply didn't see it.

The thing is, in the end a dive is a dive. He chose not to go down for when he got hack n slashed, and was really lucky to get the call for the dive. In the end, the dive itself shouldn't have been called, and now people are all making fun of him for it.

Now people see why people dive or fall every time they get a tiny foul. Not saying that Roben is bad, I like NL and all, but people really need to understand why players fall in the first place. Unless they're Messi that can reliably keep possession even after getting hit all the time :V
Robben is known to be a diver and he usually does it along the 16m line, just like most smart players do. The thing with people like Robben is they will seek out an opportunity to get a nice free kick at a nice distance if they cannot get passed. Notice how Robben during those exceptional dives always sudden turns and starts moving horizontally. He could easily pass the ball during that pinch but he hopes that a inexperienced and hothead defender kicks/pushes/tackles and then *whistle blow* > Robben wins. Pretty much how most football players act. Now Messi isn't such a player by default in my eyes. He will try to outmanoeuvre his way most of the time resulting in those beautiful escapes or duels.

The penalty was questionable which made the 2-1 for us. I've said this before and the goal by Sneijder was more luck based as well. Though before that, those were somewhat more plausible penalties or fauls. It almost feels as if the referee was under pressure for not giving the first two and eventually decided to give one. And that happens to be the diving one which people, logically and acceptable, call bad sportmanship because Robben has been shining in the WC so far.

I hope NL will play a fair match (if logically Costa does the same) and Refs keeps their eyes open. Though something tells me tomorrow's match will be extremely troublesome. orz

Edit:
Just reading on Dutch news, middle of the early morning 4:12am that Neymar's WC play is over. One of his spinal discs is cracked. It was that knee-assault from the Colombian player.

What the fuck. It doesn't matter whether you hate/dislike a team/player, nobody deserves this.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 02:14:29 AM by Helepolis »

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #566 on: July 05, 2014, 02:16:59 AM »
Robben is known to be a diver and he usually does it along the 16m line, just like most smart players do.
Exactly. But I don't get why so many people criticize the South Americans (and Italians too I guess) for being such divers without seeing how everyone else does it but calls every moment SA players do it as dirty and foul and unsmart, etc.

I mean yeah it's dirty and all but I hate seeing everyone's two-face arguments on diving, and I see most of this on the European side and it's been bothering me a lot recently. It's exactly like the Real Madrid/C.Ronaldo fans (always badmouthing everything Messi does but when C.Ronaldo does it they praise him like the God of football).

« Reply #567 on: July 05, 2014, 03:39:16 AM »
We interrupt your regularly scheduled discussion for anime soccer teams.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #568 on: July 05, 2014, 06:17:08 AM »
We interrupt your regularly scheduled discussion for anime soccer teams.
Lolland is robots.  :X

Espadas

« Reply #569 on: July 05, 2014, 07:41:48 AM »
Just reading on Dutch news, middle of the early morning 4:12am that Neymar's WC play is over. One of his spinal discs is cracked. It was that knee-assault from the Colombian player.

What the fuck. It doesn't matter whether you hate/dislike a team/player, nobody deserves this.

Seconded.
A freaking cracked spinal disc?! I really feel sorry for Neymar. Not only it hurts like hell, but he lost the opportunity to partecipate in the WC in his home land (and he was the star of the team, best brazilian player until now without question).

Let hope at least it will not endanger his career.... it would be a real shame for such a talented player.