Author Topic: Puzzle & Dragons VIII - DO NOT PURSUE LU BU Edition  (Read 114788 times)

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
Re: Puzzle & Dragons VIII - DO NOT PURSUE LU BU Edition
« Reply #90 on: March 24, 2014, 01:54:23 PM »
Ulted Lucy and not Ulted Lucy.
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #91 on: March 24, 2014, 02:25:56 PM »
Ardbeg for a week starting tomorrow, I'd assume the rest of the whiskies for a week each after but obviously no confirmation on that part :V
:toot:
I hope we get some double drop days, I ran master just now because that's where I got thrashed last time it was here but even for master 3 eggs only that's depressing

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #92 on: March 24, 2014, 03:38:59 PM »
I ran legendary three times. It dropped seven or eight each time. Stall team with good stats means easy but tedious.
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #93 on: March 24, 2014, 04:04:20 PM »
Good ol' Ardbeg.

I remember when this dungeon would beat the crap out of me... but now I'm headbutting legendary in the face with bastet because tricolor dungeons are easy mode :V

« Reply #94 on: March 24, 2014, 04:15:28 PM »
Ardberg himself used to have 10 million hp though.

Now they've nerfed him to just 5 million, which is kind of a shame since I wanted to see if I could deal 10 million damage in one turn to him now :derp:

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #95 on: March 24, 2014, 04:30:45 PM »
Finally picking up PAD after giving it a rest for a while.  I can only play Expert in Ardbegs dungeon, but I'm finding it to be quite lucrative indeed.  I can work on leveling my Echidna(also on skilling her up!  I actually got a Naga from stage 9.), AND try to finish skilling up my Hellfire Pyro Demon(if I'm not mistaken, I still have 3 skillups on it to do since its CD is sitting at 18.)

Also thanks again Edible for your amazingly helpful Bastet, without whom none of this would be possible.  Her active even saved me during a scary part in one of the waves and made the miniboss wave a triviality.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #96 on: March 24, 2014, 06:36:42 PM »
If I wasn't so focused on the EVA collaboration I would get my Bastet to a usable level. I mostly forgot that I even had her...

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #97 on: March 24, 2014, 07:22:58 PM »
Guess who had a gift certificate for a rarely used store. Guess which store sells Google play cards.

Guess who finally gave in and bought a bunch of capacity 8)

Jq1790

« Reply #98 on: March 24, 2014, 09:30:52 PM »
Guess who had a gift certificate for a rarely used store. Guess which store sells Google play cards.

Guess who finally gave in and bought a bunch of capacity 8)
Well to be fair, it's more like you were gifted it indirectly, yes?

I need to spend more stones on capacity myself...

Also, ran Ardbeg's Expert version again, scored a Tyran!  Now I just need to level and evo it and I finally have a possible fire leader!  This run was aided by a certain angle-girl's big burly Ares of death, and it was amazing.  No Moltdras or Naga this run though which made me sad, but I ranked up for 2 more teamsize so it's not a total bust.

So many things I want to do, and so little stamina to do them all...  I want to move on in Normals to inch closer to Ocean of Heaven for Mystic Masks, but also there's the Ardbeg dungeon(wonder if I could take Master...?  Pretty sure not, but still.) and I need to try to focus on only a couple of monsters to level or NOBODY will make much progress...Agh, so much I wanna get done!  Getting to Mystic Mask country should probably be my main goal though since much of my progress will be halted til I can get them since so many of my evos need them.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #99 on: March 24, 2014, 09:38:27 PM »
Kind of? It came from my workplace, so. :P

Also Ardbeg Expert is so much fun with my current (and rather weak still) Siegfried/Gigas team. Paired up with another Sieg or Kushinada makes the whole thing a breeze. I really just want the nagas though....

Jq1790

« Reply #100 on: March 24, 2014, 09:55:27 PM »
...wonderful.  I actually have NO friends available to take with me in dungeons right now.  Guess that's all for me making forward progress then.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #101 on: March 24, 2014, 10:05:52 PM »
The new mythical dungeon is confirmed for allowing the same thing if one is pre-ult evo and the other is post ult-evo.

...wonderful.  I actually have NO friends available to take with me in dungeons right now.  Guess that's all for me making forward progress then.

I can put up my Tyrannos if you want. I'm not sure what else I have that you can use though.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Jq1790

« Reply #102 on: March 24, 2014, 10:19:39 PM »
The new mythical dungeon is confirmed for allowing the same thing if one is pre-ult evo and the other is post ult-evo.

I can put up my Tyrannos if you want. I'm not sure what else I have that you can use though.
Oh, it's not that my friends don't have anything I can use-actually quote a few do, including yourself.  I meant my list to pick friends when I'm entering  a dungeon is devoid of friends at all.  This is probably due to mosy of you all bring like Rank 150-200 and up, but still.  They'll show up eventually so I won't worry.  Maybe I'll do some Challenge dungeons or something until they refresh.

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #103 on: March 24, 2014, 11:12:44 PM »
Check out the padherder or puzzledragonx friend finders - MJP has the same problem, so I added a bunch of rank 40-80ish buds for him that would stick around longer.  Having D Meta probably would make your requests quite attractive  :V

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #104 on: March 24, 2014, 11:25:34 PM »
I can vouch for this. Leaving DMeta as my main for a while netted me a handful of awesome and fairly consistent friends to use.

Now I need more Siegfried friends :(

I reeeeeeally want a Takeminakata since that's coming up soon, but I think I'm far from ready for him :<

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #105 on: March 25, 2014, 12:07:14 AM »
I ran into the same problem early in eva :V

Everyone is moving away from luci now that luci ulti came out qq ;w;

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #106 on: March 25, 2014, 12:30:48 AM »
I ran into the same problem early in eva :V

Everyone is moving away from luci now that luci ulti came out qq ;w;

It's funny because I find myself using Luci more than ever now to clear these Pirate dungeons.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Jq1790

« Reply #107 on: March 25, 2014, 12:40:32 AM »
Turns out my problem was actually fixed by force quitting the app and reopening it, so all's well.  One of the explorers popping up for me has the D/L Anubis...Geez that thing got a nice set of awakenings...  Double bind resist, orb movement, AND auto-heal?  Definitely gonna have to try to friend that one, if only for tricolor dungeons like the resident whiskey dragon.  With that thing I could probably tackle Master without much issue simply through running it over with outrageous daamge multipliers. If I get my DMeta team going(I have the tricolor demons plus the light one and the leaders for if Ardbeg decides to zap the water orbs)...32-40x damage sounds awfully delicious, especially if I get a line of red orbs since my Pyro has the row enhance awakening.

Edit: Their list was full.  Guess I shouldn't be surprised.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 12:54:05 AM by Jq1790 »

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #108 on: March 25, 2014, 12:53:47 AM »
I don't really have any good leads for legendary ardberg except maybe my new lakshmi who is still fairly under level. I forgot de-ulting is easy now so I'll just give her the non-twinlit alt as soon as I get the materials (just need a blue keeper iirc). Not sure if I should friend up with a kooshy or another mono water sub.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #109 on: March 25, 2014, 01:09:19 AM »
Well, if anyone wants a mono-blue lead, my I&I is level 90. I won't have her up unless requested since I'll be farming EVA/clearing pirate dragon.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #110 on: March 25, 2014, 01:36:27 AM »
So apparently the random patch that happened today was for the Ragnarok Odyssey Ace collab. omg yes finallyyyy :*

also the collab has Valk skill ups so I can finally get on that

*COUGH IT ALSO HAS BASTET SKILL UPS COUGH*
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 01:38:40 AM by Suikama »

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #111 on: March 25, 2014, 01:44:54 AM »
Also apparently the new ulti artworks were added, so expect them coming in less than 2 months.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #112 on: March 25, 2014, 01:46:27 AM »
So apparently the random patch that happened today was for the Ragnarok Odyssey Ace collab. omg yes finallyyyy :*

What team are you looking at? I'm not sure whether to go with Green chaser or My Melody.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #113 on: March 25, 2014, 02:01:55 AM »
Flame Chaser is my go to low coster. I have a max skilled king bubblie so it works out well. Hrungnir himself will be a pain though since he start out water type so I'll need to beat him down to half HP before I can burst him. He deals 10k every 3 turns (every other attack) which wouldn't be too bad if it weren't for the fact that Flame Chaser and it's subs have like 0 RCV. Japanese teams seem to use Flame golem to resist the 10k hits so you only need to heal 5k but I kinda feed away all of mine >_> I might stone it just for the clear.

Green chaser might work as long has you have enough HP to tank hits since you have plenty of time to recover. Might be hard to hit 12k HP with a low cost balanced team for melody.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 02:06:01 AM by Suikama »

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #114 on: March 25, 2014, 02:16:08 AM »
Flame Chaser is my go to low coster. I have a max skilled king bubblie so it works out well. Hrungnir himself will be a pain though since he start out water type so I'll need to beat him down to half HP before I can burst him. He deals 10k every 3 turns (every other attack) which wouldn't be too bad if it weren't for the fact that Flame Chaser and it's subs have like 0 RCV. Japanese teams seem to use Flame golem to resist the 10k hits so you only need to heal 5k but I kinda feed away all of mine >_> I might stone it just for the clear.

Green chaser might work as long has you have enough HP to tank hits since you have plenty of time to recover. Might be hard to hit 12k HP with a low cost balanced team for melody.

I'm thinking I might go

Green Chaser
Awoken Green Ogre
800 RCV Leek
King Bubbles
Mystery Sub(Either Kitty Blob or Earth Golem)

Biggest worry is the giant red guy.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #115 on: March 25, 2014, 02:25:18 AM »

fuck yeah gonna skill up Sieg and highlander

« Reply #116 on: March 25, 2014, 02:37:35 AM »
I'm thinking I might go

Green Chaser
Awoken Green Ogre
800 RCV Leek
King Bubbles
Mystery Sub(Either Kitty Blob or Earth Golem)

Biggest worry is the giant red guy.
You get 6 turns to take out 300k HP which shouldn't be too hard

Oh wait you're running mono green uhhh

uhhhhh <___>

well if you run master you can survive it's attacks with leek active :V and you dont really need them for Hrungnir himself since he'll only be doing 5k every 3 turns.

also now that we finally get Hrungnir all I need is BOdin for a full mono blue Physical Isis team

...rem pls ;w;

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #117 on: March 25, 2014, 04:21:39 AM »
You get 6 turns to take out 300k HP which shouldn't be too hard

Oh wait you're running mono green uhhh

uhhhhh <___>

well if you run master you can survive it's attacks with leek active :V and you dont really need them for Hrungnir himself since he'll only be doing 5k every 3 turns.

also now that we finally get Hrungnir all I need is BOdin for a full mono blue Physical Isis team

...rem pls ;w;

Maybe I should make the mystery sub either light dark or blue. On one hand, blue has that x2 bonus, but on the other hand, light/dark stuff works with the Chaser active.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #118 on: March 25, 2014, 04:30:29 AM »
another problem that occurred to me is you might have trouble finding a Green Chaser friend leader. I guess you could run Green Chaser + Red Chaser though for a 2/4/2 team.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #119 on: March 25, 2014, 04:47:34 AM »
another problem that occurred to me is you might have trouble finding a Green Chaser friend leader. I guess you could run Green Chaser + Red Chaser though for a 2/4/2 team.

Yeah, I was thinking that too. I think I would prefer a blue chaser friend if I could find one though.

EDIT: I just realized I have a blue chaser. I might go with him instead. The main issue that arises with the blue chaser is that if I don't oneshot Hrungnir, he turns green.

Let's see what I have to play with:

Blue Chaser
King Bubbles
Blue/Red Ogre
mostly likely keeping those, and the last two can be:

Berserk
Solomon Grundy
Kitty WoodBubblie
Angry Bird
Super Leek

I also wonder if dual Bubblies is an option.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 04:57:04 AM by hyorinryu »

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff