Author Topic: Medaka Box Mafia - Night 4  (Read 104129 times)

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
Re: Medaka Box Mafia - Day 2
« Reply #510 on: March 12, 2014, 03:33:09 PM »
The stars just don't align for a hidden bastard town game just to screw over one player.

Dormio is a terrible, awful person, and worst of all a Korean (I love you Dormio), but I don't think he would make this game bastard.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
« Reply #511 on: March 12, 2014, 03:38:08 PM »
The stars just don't align for a hidden bastard town game just to screw over one player.

I agree.  And that is why I say, this game is bastard, despite whatever assurances the mod has given us in public. 

With that out of the way, I'd like you to consider the case on King/Oarfish again.  Because I know I'm not scum, and I think you are town, so I want us to try to get a lynch based on scumhunting and not on apparently broken role shenanigans. 
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #512 on: March 12, 2014, 03:40:27 PM »
Ah yes, Oarfish's vote was indeed L-1, which he did casually while 'still reading D1 interactions'. 

That's not the behavior of somebody town who is looking for scum.  That's scum pushing a wagon. 

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #513 on: March 12, 2014, 03:43:20 PM »
AND HE DID IT BECAUSE BARDICHE QUESTIONED HIM to try to get out of the questioning. 

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #514 on: March 12, 2014, 03:46:26 PM »
Neko, I like you, but your case is wrong. This isn't a case of hidden bastardry in Sky P's role. I am outright telling you there is a way he is telling the truth and also a PR.

I would like to quicklynch Oarfish for literally the worst reasons to suspect me, especially after yesterday. ^_^/ you did READ Yesterday, right Oarfeesh?

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #515 on: March 12, 2014, 03:48:08 PM »
Alright. 

I want you to consider this.  I'm claiming vanilla town, right?  Everyone agrees that it's the worst claim to make in a power role game, right?  Don't you think I'd make a better claim?  Look at my fake claim in AUS mafia.  Look at my fake claim in Villains Anonymous.  Look at my TRUE claim in Utena mafia.  I said I was vanilla towny and got lynched anyway.  Why the hell would I say I was vanilla towny if I actually had a role?  At least if I was roled, and even scum roled, I could fake it and say some kind of cop or detective and buy out another phase or two. 

I said when I claimed that I was literally the best mislynch because there's no night phase and I'm vanilla so I don't have any useful abilities for town. 

If I die and flip and there's suddenly abilities there, then the mod added them retroactively (probably an explanation for why I got given this stacked deck alongside it) and I want you to strongly consider what it means for the rest of you if this game is actually bastard. 

I've got nothing left except scumhunting.  SO when I die town, please do as I asked.  Check Oarfish.  Check Hikari.  Check SB. 

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Shadoweh

« Reply #516 on: March 12, 2014, 03:50:06 PM »
STOP FUCKING SAYING THE WORD BASTARD.
You won't flip with any abilities. Come vote Oarfish instead of dying slowly.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #517 on: March 12, 2014, 03:50:27 PM »
Shadoweh, I appreciate that you might have some secret knowledge, it's just that it's secret, so I don't know what it is.  If you've got the other half of my role pm that's pretty cruel imo :/

I'm already voting Oarfish. 

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #518 on: March 12, 2014, 03:54:19 PM »
Wow. How much wine do you expect us to drink, Skypal?
I also think it's kind of impolite to case me based on Kingler's apathetic play, seeing as how he was so apathetic he requested a replacement.

Shadoweh, if you have some rolespec that could clear someone, you could either explicitly state it or ignore it
or maybe giggle and say "ohhh, I know something you don't know, so you better not vote Skypal"
and if you have better reasons for me to suspect you, you could maybe explicitly state them =)
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

Shadoweh

« Reply #519 on: March 12, 2014, 03:54:47 PM »
Pfft your role sounds like it wants to be a vig, I probably would have shot Serela someone deserving Serela last night if I had it.

I am super putting my foot down here. You guys are being stubborn as shit about refuge in audacity and guessing at how this is assuredly a scum claim because ~*~ what else could it be!!! ~*~ It's easy to shut your brains off, see quicklynching two townies because they were roleblocked because it was the onnnnnnnnly explanation. Serela, you should appreciate the obvious choice there being wrong more then anyone. Flip that lid back on, this is a Bad WAGON and it is Not Happening on my watch. OFF.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #520 on: March 12, 2014, 03:58:05 PM »
I am outright telling you there is a way he is telling the truth and also a PR.

It feels like I'm reading Umineko all over again.

I'm pretty sure Shadoweh's information is just speculative on her behalf, but yeah, even I can see ways that you make your claim while still not being completely vanilla. I also believe you because therapeutically, your last throes here aren't the death throes of a scum about to get lynched. They're of a Town desperately trying to help Town even after his death.

Would sheep Shadoweh/10, I believe it. Not supporting a Sky Paladin lynch.

Wow. How much wine do you expect us to drink, Skypal?
I also think it's kind of impolite to case me based on Kingler's apathetic play, seeing as how he was so apathetic he requested a replacement.

And THIS. THIS IS SO FUCKING BAD. "Hey guys, I replaced in for someone who was scummy but making a case on me based on his play is impolite". It's not impolite. Replacing in sucks if the player before you is scummy. Replacing in sucks even harder if your first few posts are pretty scummy too. That's what sucks about replacing; the benefit for Town is that if you're a Town player you can bring fresh insights to the table. Sadly, you haven't, I've seen nothing fresh from you.

It's even more impolite to make your statement after wildly shoving aside Sky Paladin's posts as "whine". Seriously, fuck you.

Shadoweh

« Reply #521 on: March 12, 2014, 04:00:02 PM »
Shadoweh, if you have some rolespec that could clear someone, you could either explicitly state it or ignore it
or maybe giggle and say "ohhh, I know something you don't know, so you better not vote Skypal"
and if you have better reasons for me to suspect you, you could maybe explicitly state them =)
Are you drunk? You don't have any reasons to suspect me other then me hard-defending an unflipped player you replaced in and immediately voted. So on me you've got Is Being Shadoweh, and on your side we have Discrediting Shadoweh Who Is Your Townie Master plus Trying to Lynch Easytown. You better bring more then that if you want to honestly sound credible attacking me. Ask Conq for pointers from yesterday.

Bardiche

« Reply #522 on: March 12, 2014, 04:00:40 PM »
Shadoweh I love it when you're so indignant, it makes me think of flailing anime tsunderes.

Bardiche

« Reply #523 on: March 12, 2014, 04:06:53 PM »
Also in case my post isn't obvious, I think O4rfish is scummy for chiding us as being impolite for considering the scummy player slot's actions instead of just his own. Like, you gotta bear your predecessor's cross, man, and the cross was scummy. You can't just pretend it doesn't exist. You have to prove to us it's wrong and you're doing a shoddy job of it. At least to my eyes.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #524 on: March 12, 2014, 04:08:35 PM »
I was more treating it as "I think SkyPal is scum and his claim doesn't change my mind" and I figured considering how many people wanted to lynch him before that was the general matter here >_> Him putting effort doesn't mean anything to me because "Scum Give Up" is not some thing that always happens.

I do have to admit O4rfish's play is getting pretty... uh... questionably silly, though. I think it's within the range of town O4rfish since he's pretty new but I do admit it's starting to look pretty scummy. I think it's unfair to yell at him over the Kingault thing though because Kingault having no idea how to do anything in mafia is not an unreasonable assumption as either alignment, and he replaced out for it, and I think that part is null (unlike o4rfish's currently scummy play)

Kingault being so unable to play that he replaces out for it is a pretty clear sign that it was null imo.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Shadoweh

« Reply #525 on: March 12, 2014, 04:11:16 PM »
Serela, can you unvote the L-1 wagon so we don't do the quicklynch thing plz ty in advance

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #526 on: March 12, 2014, 04:11:36 PM »
Oarfish is being plenty scummy on his own without a need for comparing him back to Kingault, but that's just the cherry on top of the strawberry yoghurt in waffles ice cream. 

If you have some doubt, Serela, please unvote with /in spirit on Sky, because our good pal Oarfish 'accidentally' put me at L-1. 

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #527 on: March 12, 2014, 04:12:32 PM »
Cool.

I just want to remind everyone again exactly what kind of shit scum will pull to get out of obvscum situations.

As someone with decent experience as scum, I will totally say anything that will get me out of a jam if I need to. Just look as far as last game, where I was scum, caught with a guilty, and I attempted to make up something that MIGHT be believable to get out of the lynch. I pushed Schezo as a scum faker to spite me, even though I wasn't actually sure of this, but I pushed as hard as I can, because I don't give up easily.

Now, in the end I failed to convince most people, but SOMEONE bought it, so I was totally inclined to push that thing as hard as it would go in hopes of convincing OTHER people.
Now, we're ignoring the fact what I said turned out to be TOTALLY FUCKING TRUE, because at the time I didn't know, and nobody else knew, and it's for shit like this that you don't make fucking stupid gambits as town in the first place.

But this is exactly the same here. Skypal is pushing something that by all rights should get him killed, but people are ACTUALLY BUYING IT and I have no doubt that he's going to push this angle as hard as he can, until he gets Oarfish lynched (if it's a double bus then bravo, you suicidal bastard) and until he wins the game.

Honestly, the facts are clear. Skypal has claimed Vanilla Town, with no hints of a hidden role, and murky flavor he refuses to actually claim. Dormio has indirectly stated that this game has NO VANILLA TOWNS. This could either mean he is a scum goon (as his factional abilities probably count), or he's lying about his role and he's a scum power role, in which case lynch him harder.
Dormio has not stated this is a bastard game, and I also trust he is not a fucking awful mod like I am and sitting on a position to prevent having to admit he fucked up about setup information.

There is nothing supporting Skypal's claim except that he is scum. Lynch him.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #528 on: March 12, 2014, 04:14:01 PM »
Shdaoweh:but but but

I'd kind of like that :C

As I said the SkyPal thing isn't even about his claim, I don't care about his claim.

Cut by SkyPal I already said his play is looking kind of scummy now. This doesn't mean I think you're town or anything :C I'd still like you flipped instead of living

Okay I'm not even reading this next cut yet it's too large.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #529 on: March 12, 2014, 04:20:07 PM »
and murky flavor he refuses to actually claim.

I claimed ages ago.  I can't copy paste, so let's paraphrase:

I am Myouri Unzen, some kind of monster child thing, (Vanilla Townie).  Yes I spell it towny but in the role pm its ie. Maybe it matters. 

I have a picture of a creepy looking kid that looks a bit scuffled. 

My flavor says something about justice being nothing if you don't go too far, and that I've got to deliver my special kind of justice to the world for right or wrong.  And that hey, I can vote and post.  Also, I ranked 19th in a popularity contest.  The end. 

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Shadoweh

« Reply #530 on: March 12, 2014, 04:21:42 PM »
Actually Dormio pretty explicitly said there are no VT's, there was no vagueness about it. Maybe a simpler townie would argue this means all VT claims are scum. I argue it means VT claims have the same caveat as a Mason pair in a Worst Roles Mafia game. I'm kind of annoyed that I'm having to argue this repeatedly today because I will nott stand to have def town lynched because people are unimaginative. Maybe I would if I didn't know for a fact it was wrong but etc.

Serela, if there is a God, Sky Paladin will turn into a vig and justice will be sweet.

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #531 on: March 12, 2014, 04:23:17 PM »
Serela is god. Aren't you paying attention?

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #532 on: March 12, 2014, 04:23:56 PM »
Maybe relevant:  The prod I got from Dormio questioned if I existed or not :V

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #533 on: March 12, 2014, 04:25:17 PM »
. I argue it means VT claims have the same caveat as a Mason pair in a Worst Roles Mafia game
But that's just the thing, Dormio stated that what Skypal is claiming (no powers, voice and a vote) doesn't count as a Power Role.

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #534 on: March 12, 2014, 04:25:34 PM »
So, huh. After spending about 3/4 of the time required to work up a good case on Shadoweh being scum buddies with Skypal and CF7, she seems to not be. Sorry Shadoweh, I guess you are probably not scum.

Probably not scum:
BT
Conq
Serela
Shadoweh

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #535 on: March 12, 2014, 04:28:19 PM »
Oarfish:  Do you maybe want to think about cancelling your vote and /in spirit on Sky, instead of leaving it at a tantalising L-1, since you're apparently still reading the thread and just discovering things?

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #536 on: March 12, 2014, 04:30:19 PM »
I think that would be pretty unnecessary at this point, don't you agree?

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #537 on: March 12, 2014, 04:33:55 PM »
I don't agree. 

You casually put me at L-1 and just now refused to cancel your vote. 

Isn't it because you're scum and you're afraid of being lynched now?  Are you biding time until a scumbuddy can come hammer?  Or are you waiting for the next town to blithely push me over the edge?

Since when is cutting off conversation town?

That aside; do you want to explain why you are throwing out town-clears or are these just arbitrary words to pad an otherwise non-content post?

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #538 on: March 12, 2014, 04:35:33 PM »
I don't agree. 

You casually put me at L-1 and just now refused to cancel your vote. 

Isn't it because you're scum and you're afraid of being lynched now?  Are you biding time until a scumbuddy can come hammer?  Or are you waiting for the next town to blithely push me over the edge?

Since when is cutting off conversation town?

That aside; do you want to explain why you are throwing out town-clears or are these just arbitrary words to pad an otherwise non-content post?
He isn't the only one who refuses to move of of a scum wagon.

Bardiche

« Reply #539 on: March 12, 2014, 04:36:38 PM »
I'm not voting because I want this day to last longer. We need to look at more scum candidates, and I'm recovering from a cold so the longer it goes on the better my posts should get.

And now you're building cases based on "scumbuddy with Sky Paladin and CF7". I mean, I can get scumbuddies with CF7. But you're already assuming Sky Paladin flips red and are making cases based on that.

Suppose Sky Paladin is gone. He is not an option. Who is scum and why?