Author Topic: RPG Mafia Thread IV (Current Game: NSP Mafia)  (Read 144426 times)

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
Re: RPG Mafia Thread IV (Current Game: Trustee Mafia)
« Reply #840 on: July 01, 2014, 12:22:16 AM »
I apologize to those of you who have already signed up for my game. It will start soon, with only six players. Please reply to my confirmation PM in order to receive your role PM.
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
« Reply #841 on: July 01, 2014, 09:57:16 AM »
I will be in hospital and high as a kite on pain meds for a non serious but self inflicted injury and therefore am happy for some other happy chum to take my spot.

However if it is okay for me to morphine post then sign me up. Gotta catch em All or something
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

BigBangMeteor

• 60% of the time, I win every time
« Reply #842 on: July 01, 2014, 05:29:19 PM »
Since oarfish's game is starting, mine will be after that

« Reply #843 on: July 01, 2014, 05:30:55 PM »
We should add a rule that anyone who wants to host a game should have played Mafia within the latest x weeks/months/games, because I look at the host list and I see so many non-players we could probably fill 12 player slots easily even if it's a highly experimental game from someone who is an MotK first-time host with almost no MotK play experience.
if people think the queue is too large they can kill off my game cuz im pretty indifferent to the aspect of hosting it at this point

BigBangMeteor

« Reply #844 on: July 01, 2014, 05:42:26 PM »
Also I'm unsure at this point of getting enough players from the MotK side so I might just change it to no hydras with 7 players from each site. People who've already /inned or /outed based on the hydra thing should message me again to tell me whether they'd be okay with that.

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #845 on: July 01, 2014, 06:20:42 PM »
I have received six PMs confirming readiness, and will distribute role PMs presently.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #846 on: July 01, 2014, 11:40:36 PM »
if people think the queue is too large they can kill off my game cuz im pretty indifferent to the aspect of hosting it at this point

I think the amount of hosts outnumbers the amount of players. That doesn't mean eliminating hosts, it means some of those hosts should consider playing Mafia.

« Reply #847 on: July 02, 2014, 02:44:03 AM »
I think the amount of hosts outnumbers the amount of players. That doesn't mean eliminating hosts, it means some of those hosts should consider playing Mafia.

Yeah, when I read the rule, I saw it as "We should just force more people to play games if they want to feign interest in mafia."

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #848 on: July 02, 2014, 05:10:29 PM »
The only thing stopping me from playing recently is myself. Whenever I try to feign interest I always end up subbing.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
« Reply #849 on: July 02, 2014, 05:38:56 PM »
I still don't understand the setup even when the game started.

Do the benefactors (playerbase) vote to elect (lynch) a trustee(dead people), who in turn decide the winner and his/her faction in the Boardroom (graveyard)?

It sounds kind of inane....so what's the point of doing the entire voting procedure anyway? Might as well do the same thing in this very thread where we decide a cool player for the week or something.
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

Bardiche

« Reply #850 on: July 03, 2014, 02:37:31 AM »
The benefactors vote to elect a trustee. A town-aligned trustee is allowed to vote on the game winner. A scum-aligned trustee is eliminated. The trustees pick one winner from the Graveyard/Boardroom, the winner's faction also wins.

It's basically a game of lynch the Towniest, because at best you lynch Scum trying to seem Town, at worst you lynch someone that could make derps like Serela worry whether the Towniest isn't a scumploy, and who's probably competent enough to spot the rest of the Townies from beyond the grave.

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #851 on: July 03, 2014, 02:52:04 AM »
I'd appreciate it if you didn't discuss strategy for the game you refused to sign up for while that game is playing out.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #852 on: July 03, 2014, 09:13:31 AM »
If anyone is interested I probably need more subs for an offsite game I'm hosting. It's late in the game though.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #853 on: July 03, 2014, 10:04:34 AM »
Also I'm unsure at this point of getting enough players from the MotK side so I might just change it to no hydras with 7 players from each site. People who've already /inned or /outed based on the hydra thing should message me again to tell me whether they'd be okay with that.
Anyone from here who didn't sign up for this will have llamas eat their houses. This is going to be a really awesome disaster with NEW FACES.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #854 on: July 03, 2014, 10:26:55 AM »
Anyone from here who didn't sign up for this will have llamas eat their houses. This is going to be a really awesome disaster with NEW FACES.
This message was brought to you by Same Shit, Different Goons.

(sign up though)

BigBangMeteor

« Reply #855 on: July 05, 2014, 12:26:23 AM »
Vigilante Mafia is probably getting delayed by a week or two; stuff happened irl and I'm not really feeling like hosting rn. I'll run it after Mitsuki's game

Bardiche

« Reply #856 on: July 05, 2014, 01:26:33 AM »

Thanks to supreme safety precautions, the disaster won't happen! Hooray for safety!

EDIT: This has to be the lengthiest Day 1 we've seen in ages.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 01:31:33 AM by Just »

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
« Reply #857 on: July 06, 2014, 03:53:17 AM »
I don't think the current game even has a time limit set to the days.

>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #858 on: July 06, 2014, 08:29:47 AM »
Oarfish, just set a time limit. Nobody will think you are a bastard mod or an idiot for doing it, but they might think that if you don't.

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #859 on: July 07, 2014, 12:04:11 PM »
I am hosting a game on Megatokyo.  The theme is a hypothetical incident at Edo castle (now Tokyo) in 1604. 

You are cordially invited to attend. 

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #860 on: July 07, 2014, 01:59:11 PM »
I'd play, but these permissions I don't have stop me.

Don't lynch me.

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #861 on: July 07, 2014, 02:14:35 PM »
It's been awhile, but I think once you register, a moderator will manually activate your account.

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #862 on: July 07, 2014, 03:51:01 PM »
Neither of you are NNR and it confuses me so.

At first I thought he was quadra-posting.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #863 on: July 07, 2014, 05:11:09 PM »
My avatar is the one that is about to blast you down with laser eye beams.

« Reply #864 on: July 08, 2014, 03:51:35 PM »
or maybe even the lurker that never posts. <3
looking back at this post i can't tell if shadoweh was making a crack at how many mafia players this could theoretically apply to or if she specifically meant Reinfleche (because who else would it be)

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #865 on: July 09, 2014, 12:07:39 AM »
This mafia game is incredibly lame as well from a spectator standpoint. I mean, I can't even read the last half of the game now.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #866 on: July 09, 2014, 12:28:00 AM »
At this point it's probably fine for o4rfish to publically link what I assume is a QT for the boardroom; none of the "living" players have any more participation to do so it's not like they'll be given an advantage.

The only possible issue is that anyone can post in the QT under any name, if any of the trustees aren't on a registered account. But that would be so lame if they did.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #867 on: July 09, 2014, 12:52:51 AM »
I'll post it when they've reached a decision.

« Reply #868 on: July 09, 2014, 02:18:20 AM »
That's kind of like complaining that you can't follow normal mafia games because the Scum QT isn't open to the public.
Just be patient, Results will come soon.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #869 on: July 09, 2014, 02:56:55 AM »
That's kind of like complaining that you can't follow normal mafia games because the Scum QT isn't open to the public.
Just be patient, Results will come soon.
New setup. Scum QT is open to the public. There is no other method of mafia communication.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.