Author Topic: RPG Mafia Thread IV (Current Game: NSP Mafia)  (Read 144532 times)

Re: RPG Mafia Thread IV (Current Game: Medaka Box Mafia)
« Reply #120 on: March 08, 2014, 09:07:03 AM »
one of these days bard will roll dayvig in a game i host and i'll have to handpick serela as BPV for "fun" :)

« Reply #121 on: March 09, 2014, 05:34:01 PM »
Working on reading every mafia thread on MotK ever, I will probably be done when vacation starts.
If I take my time, so I will probably join then.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #122 on: March 09, 2014, 06:09:43 PM »
Working on reading every mafia thread on MotK ever, I will probably be done when vacation starts.
If I take my time, so I will probably join then.
Why would you do something horrible like that? Seriously, man, think of the children.

« Reply #123 on: March 09, 2014, 06:13:38 PM »
I am not sure what you mean? O.o It is a really enyojable read!

« Reply #124 on: March 09, 2014, 06:21:41 PM »
You'll probably be forced to skip on most of the anon games because they use the same accounts that get revamped for every new anon game. Following the accounts after changes is a pain in the ass.

Joining a game after you've read like 5 games is fine as long as you actually look up and understand the terminology that's getting thrown around, and you can somewhat follow why people think other people are mafia around the third game you've read or so.

« Reply #125 on: March 09, 2014, 06:25:03 PM »
The problem is I won't have the time to dedicate myself to a mafia game until the vacation begins. Up to that point i might as well do something I enjoy, which is reading. Nothing wrong with choosing a topic to read up on that will help in a few weeks, is there?
Or I am completely misunderstanding everything. XD

« Reply #126 on: March 09, 2014, 06:32:12 PM »
Nah it's fine, I just got the impression that you were being overly cautious about joining a mafia game before you dominated the whole thing. If it's an issue of time then no problem :V

« Reply #127 on: March 09, 2014, 06:40:51 PM »
Alright, I am going to be leaving this thread for a few weeks now, I will be back one day!

I'LL BE BACK!

Dorian White

• The most handsome non-vampire diplomat you ever encountered ~
  • With a Gandalf like evolution.
« Reply #128 on: March 09, 2014, 06:42:36 PM »
You enjoy reading all the games in the mafia Archie? That's the jackpot!
Sadistic game meets masochist extraordinary.^^;
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Gensokyo nube. Nam quae Mars aliis, dat tibi diva Venus.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #129 on: March 09, 2014, 07:37:10 PM »
I am not sure what you mean? O.o It is a really enyojable read!
Most people have trouble reading a single game they're signed up for. You've got a great gift.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #130 on: March 10, 2014, 03:56:06 AM »
I still want to bug an admin about resetting those accounts to their C7D Mafia incarnations.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #131 on: March 10, 2014, 04:08:16 AM »
At least Halloween Alice survived. Third-best character in the game, 'sgood enough.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
« Reply #132 on: March 11, 2014, 08:23:21 AM »
Just curious, has there been a Warhammer 40,000 themed game run here previously?  If not, please update my theme from You Are a Pirate Penguin to Warhammer 40,000.
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #133 on: March 11, 2014, 10:48:20 AM »
You know that it's perfectly fine to reuse flavor if you want. Just make flavor you like and make sure the setup is good and there shouldn't be a problem.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #134 on: March 11, 2014, 09:37:13 PM »
Looking for a replacement for Kingault's playerslot in Medaka Box Mafia. Contact me via whatever if you're interested.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #135 on: March 12, 2014, 10:44:29 AM »
My game will be Mega Man Mafia. Everyone is a Robot Master, including Mega Man. Original only, none of this X and Zero bull.

Game is bastard mod. The mod is completely honest and can be trusted. The mod is still a bastard. Role madness in that everyone is guaranteed to have a Night Action. Everyone is also compulsive. There are no vanilla townies. It'll be fun.

« Reply #136 on: March 12, 2014, 06:43:21 PM »
Also you were feeling fat and sassy ;)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_TVAnd4qbs#t=2m40s

Wasn't expecting to ever hear a Don reference outside the "MY SPOON IS TOO BIG" lol-so-random territory.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #137 on: March 12, 2014, 07:56:54 PM »
Yeah Don is great. I got introduced to him in High School and I've enjoyed his stuff since.

Dorian White

• The most handsome non-vampire diplomat you ever encountered ~
  • With a Gandalf like evolution.
« Reply #138 on: March 12, 2014, 10:36:41 PM »
Just curious, has there been a Warhammer 40,000 themed game run here previously?  If not, please update my theme from You Are a Pirate Penguin to Warhammer 40,000.
Would that be a anon game?
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Gensokyo nube. Nam quae Mars aliis, dat tibi diva Venus.

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #139 on: March 12, 2014, 11:06:41 PM »
I haven't decided between anon/regular.  I will probably do regular because it is less hassle, however I ran several successful anon games on Megatokyo (including a Battle Royale everybody is a serial killer with three night lives) games so that's on the cards. 

I'm considering a few other flavor setups at the moment.  I want to do a Gensokyo Lunar assault game (1000 years ago), a microbiology white blood cell find-the-infection type game, and a you-are-a-computer-program-catch-the-virus type game.  I also have The Forbidden Setup but I'm planning on saving it for game 50 on Megatokyo and inviting participants from both forums.  That one will be anon by necessity. 

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #140 on: March 13, 2014, 12:22:12 AM »
I am now free enough to sub in [One of two major pieces of Coursework worth 100% of my grade in that topic done], if the Kingault slot is still able to be subbed into.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #141 on: March 13, 2014, 12:34:04 AM »
Already taken by O4rfish.

I would probably vote you immediately for disagreeing so much with ryuu though. :V

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #142 on: March 13, 2014, 12:39:38 AM »
Well I'm here if you guys need a sub.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #143 on: March 13, 2014, 01:46:06 AM »
Dormio: Requesting Raikarihydra.
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #144 on: March 13, 2014, 02:15:59 AM »
I usually don't allow for hydras unless there is a very good reason for them.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #145 on: March 13, 2014, 02:32:47 AM »
  I also have The Forbidden Setup but I'm planning on saving it for game 50 on Megatokyo and inviting participants from both forums.  That one will be anon by necessity.
I was going to ask how many games you've done so far, but I guess that was answered.

...you do day phases in individual topics? that seems a bit obtuse.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #146 on: March 13, 2014, 03:49:19 AM »
...you do day phases in individual topics? that seems a bit obtuse.
Uh

but haven't you been doing that yourself with the villains anonymafia series
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #147 on: March 13, 2014, 03:55:31 AM »
It's up to the mod.  Some prefer to have a clean slate with each day.  We've only recently been using public communication only, before our reboot players were allowed to privately communicate however they wished (necessary for the faction games).  I took the no edits/no secret comms rules from Shrinemaiden over to Megatokyo to good effect.  Previously we had some day phases that spanned only a page or two. 

You can see in the most recent game there are a lot of players still struggling with the idea they actually have to cooperate and act rather than passively wait for detective checks. 

Most of the games on Megatokyo are some form of role madness, we used to have vanilla games with around 30 players and only five or six power roles, but the moderator would leave clues based on the attacker's name/sig/avatar etc as to who it was.  Some of them were brilliant (like hiding a link in the post somewhere that lead to a fake file not found page but if you viewed the source of the page would have a comment saying a single mispelled word, and then you'd trawl through the conversations to see who said that word or possible reasons why it was mispelled argh so hard) and others were not so.  Also it was traditional to leave fake clues pointing to me. 

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
« Reply #148 on: March 13, 2014, 04:54:12 AM »
Eh...

But then those aren't mafia games?
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #149 on: March 13, 2014, 05:14:53 AM »
Uh

but haven't you been doing that yourself with the villains anonymafia series
Yeah, but I had forums exclusively dedicated to one game for playing and archiving purposes, not 40 mafia games as well as various roleplays.

You can see in the most recent game there are a lot of players still struggling with the idea they actually have to cooperate and act rather than passively wait for detective checks.
Sounds like I might need to go over there and see for myself. It'll be funny seeing how they react to a real scumhuntin' semi-pro. I also find it amusing you call us "People who play HARD BALL". I mean, I wouldn't call many of our scumtells 'hidden rules', just ways to pick out town from scum more easily.

Most of the games on Megatokyo are some form of role madness, we used to have vanilla games with around 30 players and only five or six power roles, but the moderator would leave clues based on the attacker's name/sig/avatar etc as to who it was
I hope they stopped doing this, because I still find that rather silly.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 05:19:18 AM by Prims-like »