Author Topic: the family isn't home  (Read 49914 times)

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Re: the family isn't home
« Reply #360 on: August 16, 2009, 06:19:36 PM »
Someone find me a recipe for making pancakes from scratch please :<
For aprox 8 pancakes.

200 gr flour
1 teaspoon of sugar
2 eggs
1/2 liter milk
~50 gr butter

1- Mix flour with the sugar and make a hole in the middle of the bowl
2- Break the eggs inside the hole. INSIDE.
3- Add half the milk and start mixing you lazy person
4- While mixing slowly add the rest of the frikken milk
5- Let it rest for a while (~15-30min)
5- Your delicious mix is ready. Time to cook this stuff.

6- Warm up a frikken pancake frypan and put butter in to prevent the pancake from being fucked up.
7- With a soupspoon or something else add mixture inside the pan and spread it equally along the pan.
8- Bake the stuff on a 'middle flame' both sides nice light brown.

9- Drop that stuff on a plate and cover it with more butter and powdersugar.

ENJOY.

EDIT: FUCK I got beaten by the Tengu!

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #361 on: August 16, 2009, 06:20:00 PM »
Put lots of blueberries and enjoy lol.
I heard something like this in a runner's magazine once, if you eat berries you can be a very happy person.
Not just your normal sugar rush, like a health rush thing.
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #362 on: August 16, 2009, 06:23:38 PM »
Imperial units you fool.  I am not some hippy Europeon

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #363 on: August 16, 2009, 06:42:19 PM »
lulz, no one uses imperial anymore.

I think.

ew.... Gas instead of PETROLEUM

[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #364 on: August 16, 2009, 06:42:37 PM »
Lol unit conversions

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #365 on: August 16, 2009, 06:45:38 PM »
LOL TSO you weight 60 STONES

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #366 on: August 16, 2009, 07:01:22 PM »
Ok I screwed something up badly, because my pancakes look more like sheets of marzipan.

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #367 on: August 16, 2009, 07:03:26 PM »
Help me before I throw this batter out in disgust and waste half of my blueberries :[

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #368 on: August 16, 2009, 07:04:15 PM »
You don't like metric units =[ Hele cannot help you =[

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #369 on: August 16, 2009, 07:05:43 PM »
No I have no clue why my batter is a load of crap and I want to try to save it.  Too much flour?  Too much milk?  WHAT DO I DO :<

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #370 on: August 16, 2009, 07:07:18 PM »
You need to start with the flour, then the egg, then the milk. Add the milk slowly as you mix and keep mixing until it's the consistency of batter. That means it pours like liquid but is still thick. Lumps are OK. Add the baking powder at the end.

Also, the pan needs to be HOT. Use a teflon pan. Test the hotness by flicking cold water on it. If it sizzles hard, it's ready.

Once you pour the batter on, leave it there until you see it starting to dry along the edges. Bubbles will form on top. That's when you carefully use the spatula to get under it and turn it.

It takes practices, but that's the basics.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 07:10:44 PM by Amaterasu-ōmikami »

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #371 on: August 16, 2009, 07:07:46 PM »
Depends on: Too much flour would make it tough and like non liquid (when you put it in the pan it won't spread). Too much milk would make it like water (it is like thin as papersheet). It has to be somewhat in between. =.=

You can fix it by adding more milk/flour depending on the situation and perhaps an extra egg (unless you added two already)

And yes, what the Tengu said: The pan has to be really well heated. Sissling of the butter when applying it lets you know.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #372 on: August 16, 2009, 07:08:58 PM »
The batter is very thick right now, it was way too runny WHEN I FOLLOWED HELEPOLIS :V so I added more flour.

It's just not rising at all.  It burns before it fluffs :|

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #373 on: August 16, 2009, 07:09:40 PM »
By loads of crap I think you accidentally made it into goo right?

Too much milk.
I am quite certain of it. I think sugar and flour a bit more would help, and slow fire it.

Tengukami

« Reply #374 on: August 16, 2009, 07:09:54 PM »
I should add that you can't really go wrong with the milk - if you add too much milk, you'll make crepes.

To make crepes, it's the same as pancakes only the batter is thinner. When you pour the batter on the hot pan, don't get under them to turn them until the top of the crepe looks dry.

They cook fast, keep that in mind.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #375 on: August 16, 2009, 07:15:46 PM »
it was way too runny WHEN I FOLLOWED HELEPOLIS :V so I added more flour.

OH YEA shove it off on me.  :V

No but on a serious note. Like Amaterasu said, the order of the the ingredients is very important as it gives you overview if the mix is good or not. Hence why you first add BIT of milk and start mixing then eventually adding more milk till it is nice. Baking pancakes is seriously not easy and takes practise for the eye to say: "Yes this seems allright"

When I first baked an pancake I failed like you. Too thin batter because of the same mistakes :V Pouring just everything in.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #376 on: August 16, 2009, 07:16:29 PM »
I fucking give up, I turned the heat up a little and the damn thing burned immediately and I couldn't scrape it off so in a panic I dumped the skillet in the sink under cold water and ended up burning my hand.

Easy Mode

« Reply #377 on: August 16, 2009, 07:18:15 PM »
EAT IT ANYWAYEZ.

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #378 on: August 16, 2009, 07:18:40 PM »
Now that is one silly move, you don't dip something hot into the water like that of course it would burn you!

Also, I said slow fire, not FIRE UP THE PHOENIX TO BURN THE BAMBOO FOREST.
Nyoron~~

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #379 on: August 16, 2009, 07:19:39 PM »
I have an electric stove.  And I shoved it in the water because the whole house was smelling like burning.

Easy Mode

« Reply #380 on: August 16, 2009, 07:21:00 PM »
OMNOMNOM

That sounds awful.

Tengukami

« Reply #381 on: August 16, 2009, 07:21:20 PM »
Ah well. I was going to ask you to post a pic of the batter so I could give you some advice there.

For future reference, sifting the flour first will make it easier to mix. I then add the egg, and then slooowly add the milk while mixing until it looks like batter. If it's too thick, add more milk. If it's too thin, you can add more flour but you should sift it in, gradually, while stirring.

The pan is also key. It needs to be hot (the water-flick test works) but mostly, you need to stand over the pancake and watch it. When the edges are dry and there's bubbles there, turn it.

I usually make crepes myself, substituting a cap of vanilla extract instead of baking soda, and making the batter very thin. They cook fast as hell, plus you can roll em up and eat em with your hands.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #382 on: August 16, 2009, 07:22:49 PM »
Make a picture of your pancake and batter.

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #383 on: August 16, 2009, 07:23:17 PM »
Oh my... this is getting strange, I am laughing right now but I felt so guilty for doing that.

I admit I failed making it too many moons ago, but...
Nevermind that, I think if you have another skilled, put some olive oil or something, or butter and layer it over slow fire... really slow.

if you still got some of that batter left you could probably still make a thick as shit crepe.
Yeah, like me, I used to do that because I can't make these cute little pancakes. My mum calls them supercraps.

FOR EXTRA FUN?
add lots of sugar to it.

Easy Mode

« Reply #384 on: August 16, 2009, 07:23:44 PM »
TSO, my hair dye hurts mai brainnn...
And I'm supposed to wash it out but my dad's in the shower. :/
WHAT DOES I DO.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #385 on: August 16, 2009, 07:24:25 PM »
I still have the batter left, the pancakes I did try to make are either in a half cooked goo in the sink or the dogs already ate them.

I am just frustrated as hell right now :<

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #386 on: August 16, 2009, 07:25:35 PM »
Whatever you do, do not microwave the batter.

also, pour it on Mode's head.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #387 on: August 16, 2009, 07:27:05 PM »
I still have the batter left, the pancakes I did try to make are either in a half cooked goo in the sink or the dogs already ate them.

I am just frustrated as hell right now :<

Is this the first time you are baking pancakes? If so, there is absolutely no reason to be frustrated or angry. I haven't met anybody baking pancakes the first time.

You know what is emberassing? Baking omlet and forgetting to add butter in the pan. I burned the omlet and in panic I put the hot frypan on the tabling burning/melting the table cover. My mother was quite pissed :V

Easy Mode

« Reply #388 on: August 16, 2009, 07:27:20 PM »
It would make the goo magenta.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #389 on: August 16, 2009, 07:28:29 PM »
Batter pic.