Author Topic: Your minor headcanons  (Read 21253 times)

Prime32

• Munch-Munch Demon
Re: Your minor headcanons
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2014, 03:25:43 AM »
Oh, and since I was reading the "Alice voodoo dolls" article again, here's some stuff on her stealth skills compared to Aya's:

Alice: Oh, no. You saw me?
Aya: I did, and I even interviewed you.
Alice: It really won't work if I'm seen nailing the dolls to the trees. And I went to all that work picking just the right place and time.
Aya: I had been hiding for three days.

Sagus

• Spin, Hina, spin
  • Spin like there's no tomorrow
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2014, 10:29:33 AM »
Aya: I had been hiding for three days.
What the fuck Aya

Tengu are all ninja, but crow tengu are the ninjaest of them all
Peketo's Drawing Stuffs
Despite the name, it's mostly 3D models.

My fanfics.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2014, 10:32:43 AM »
Getting a good story demands sacrifice!

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2014, 01:45:07 PM »
All Touhou are asexuals. All pairings are merely shippers' wishful thinking :V

Sagus

• Spin, Hina, spin
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2014, 02:56:20 PM »
You say that as if anyone in any fandom ever cares about the characters canon sexuality when it comes to shipping :V
Peketo's Drawing Stuffs

My fanfics.

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
  • I am still here. Sometimes.
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2014, 03:08:19 PM »
Sekibanki has a neck and her head detaches from it. She wears a poncho because she thinks its cool.
Daiyousei is mute
Sakuya brought some leftovers from the catfish in the end of SWR to Meiling. She got food poisoning from it and has hated catfishes ever since.

Moogs Parfait

• SPRING
  • Plz Send Naps
    • Danmaku!! Official Site
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2014, 04:38:41 PM »
If Alice, Marisa, Patchy, and Nitori all teamed up, they really could create autonomous dolls.  It'd even create an incident as the gods get upset.  Imagine a recently "born" Shangai and Hourai as an EX Boss.

Nazrin has the body of an adult human but is only like 1 meter/3 feet tall.

Sanae harasses Kogasa because she's got a crush on her.  Sanae still shows affection like a first grader. 

Not really a headcanon, but I wonder what those magic mushrooms do to humans like Marisa besides fill them with mana.

EndlessBlue

• The Youkai Lingering in the Past
  • The moment you realize no one cares.
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2014, 09:48:38 PM »
Well let's see... Satori has very weak eyes, Rumia prefers eating child, Shinki met Byakuren awhile before MS, The oni create natural disasters when bored and Parsee sometimes goes on jealous rampages. *GASP* :o
You should always try your best. Or use my strategy and hug the bottom and pray not to die.

SIRookie

• I have no idea what I'm doing
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2014, 06:05:06 AM »
Patchouli and Eirin sometimes meet up and work on projects together
Reimu is only poor because she keeps playing host to parties and has little/no money left over
Sanae has somehow struck a deal with Yukari so she can keep in touch with her parents in the outside world (mostly just letters and packages)

« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2014, 12:38:21 PM »
You say that as if anyone in any fandom ever cares about the characters canon sexuality when it comes to shipping :V
A very good point :V

Also, a few more:

- Koishi goes commando

- Once in a while, Satori goes out to town wearing disguise to read minds for the lulz. She also wear a mask over her mouth to keep her mouth shut.

- Seiga killed Yoshika personally

« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2014, 03:02:14 AM »
Miko is actually listening to Mumford and Sons in her headset.
Alice's dolls are actually self-aware.
Nazrin is filthy rich, but prefers to hide the wealth. (I mean, she can dowse for gold, she'd have tons!)
Marisa actually has every intention of returning people's things, but she loses them.
Sakuya's knives aren't actual knives, but bullets shaped like knives.
A beautiful soulgrudge this cosmic was surely authored by the constellations.

game2011

• magneiptVE
    • Unsurpassed ??asual Dating - Real Women
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2014, 06:56:37 AM »
Sekibanki has a neck and her head detaches from it. She wears a poncho because she thinks its cool.
I'm sure she has one.

Rin Satsuki exists, but we never see her because she never got involved in any of the incidents and plots, which is why we never see her.  She lives in the Human Village.

Alice knows ventriloquism (or is this canon?).
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 05:15:01 AM by game2011 »

« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2014, 05:53:29 AM »
Rin Satsuki exists, but we never see her because she never gets involved in any of the incidents and plots, which is why we never see her.  She lives in the Human Village.

Rin's power is to remove things. She used her power to remove illnesses from her patients and to remove trouble from Gensokyo. She eventually got fed up with incident solving and removed herself from EoSD.

Lily White suffers from Seasonal Affective Disorder.

The Scarlets don't actually have to drink blood, they just like the taste.

Rumia's ribbon is sealing her hair. When unsealed her hair becomes long and uncomfartable.

- Koishi goes commando

Koishi is a honey badger.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2014, 02:54:31 AM »
Sakuya's powers are not dependent on the Luna Dial (her timepiece). Instead, the Dial is merely an amplifier for her already-existing powers. If another person were to obtain the Luna Dial, they would have a few time-related abilities, but would be severely limited in comparison to what Sakuya can do with it. She intended to destroy the Scarlet Devil using the legendary timepiece many years ago, but her inexperience with the ability led to her loss and her binding into service as the Scarlet Devil Mansion's Head Maid.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2014, 06:36:26 AM »
-- Koakuma is Remilia and Flandre's mother.  However, she's a Scarlet by marriage, not by blood.
-- Reisen is actually quite vain and is working on a cosmetics line of her own.

8lue Wizard

• Cobalt Magician
  • (Apparently)
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2014, 04:14:53 AM »
- All extra bosses have a "hidden" spellcard that they use to block bomb damage. In fact, most touhous could manage the same if push came to shove, but it's considered poor sport in normal duels.
- Meiling's version involves punching bullets out of the air. Yes, it even works on Master Spark.

SIRookie

« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2014, 04:39:11 AM »
Danmaku battles are more like the fighting games than the regular games
Stage 6 bosses (or their masters for cases like Utsuho and Satori) and significant characters meet on a regular basis to discuss events and settle any small problems
Mokou and Eirin have a good relationship, to the point of where Mokou is willing to help out when asked, despite her feud with Kaguya
Cirno isn't an idiot, she's just ignorant and stubborn
Tokiko works at Kourindo

game2011

• magneiptVE
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2014, 08:23:44 AM »
This is already canon. See "Genius Comes When You Least Expect It".
That's not canon...

Tengukami

« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2014, 11:43:42 AM »
That's not canon...
Yes it is. :colbert:

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Sagus

• Spin, Hina, spin
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2014, 12:42:50 PM »
Cirno isn't an idiot, she's just ignorant and stubborn
...isn't that what an idiot is though
Peketo's Drawing Stuffs

My fanfics.

Tengukami

« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2014, 12:51:13 PM »
Not to be pedantic, but ignorance refers to lacking knowledge, while an idiot lacks the capacity to process knowledge, i.e., lacks intelligence.

SIRookie

« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2014, 02:56:23 PM »
I meant idiotic as "hopelessly stupid", and ignorant as "just doesn't know better"
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 02:58:41 PM by SIRookie »

Tengukami

« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2014, 03:11:18 PM »
I meant idiotic as "hopelessly stupid", and ignorant as "just doesn't know better"
Exactly. Someone who is ignorant does not necessarily lack the capacity to understand something; they just don't know about it. An idiot lacks the capacity to understand something.

« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2014, 03:34:24 AM »
Sakuya wears pads, but doesn't go knife-ing anyone who knows about it.

game2011

• magneiptVE
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2014, 05:43:45 AM »
Yes it is. :colbert:
Topic title: "Your minor headcanons"

Okay, for you...

UnendingEmpire

• Jack of all trades
  • Cultured Tastes Since 1994
« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2014, 03:02:59 AM »
Here's one for each Windows "whole number" game and one for PC-98.
- Orange has the "ability to the extent of attraction" meaning she can pull metaphysical things like luck or attention toward her.
- Flandre and Remilia often play war, much at the expense of the fairy maids "recruited" to fight for Fort Flan or Fort Remi.
- The Prismriver Sisters kept Layla's bones.
- Kaguya often requests that magical items from her games of choice be made.  Reisen is often the test subject for these items.
- Komachi is Eiki's shinigami because nobody else wants to deal with her.
- Sanae is a good girl has split personality issues, her counterpart being much more twisted and casually dangerous.
- Satori has a wide array of creative hobbies to keep herself occupied, ranging from literature to music to art.
- Unzan in fact cannot speak; he uses telepathy.
- Yoshika cannot eat vegetables, despite having the ability to eat anything.
- Sekibanki is a dullahan, and her house is filled with "souveniers" from the good ol' days, including a potato from the famine of St. Patrick fame.
- and for a bonus that doesn't blatantly say "screw canon" Kagerou keeps a flock of sheep near her cozy little cabin so she always has a ready food supply.

« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2014, 01:37:13 AM »
?Louis want to travel all around Gensokyo but gets scared easily so she keeps on returning to Makai a few moments later. She can exit Makai because Sara know she'll come back scared anyways.
?Koakuma loves to prank on Sakuya, she's never successful at it so she keeps trying not by evil intentions but because she wants to hear at least a giggle out of Sakuya.
?Remilia keeps on insisting that Reimu would look good in a maid suit.
?Satori and Parsee have long staring competitions (they end up disastrously).
?Kurumi likes bitter flavors.

Imosa

• Any sufficiently advanced technology
  • is indistinguishable from magic
« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2014, 08:37:22 PM »
I don't exactly know how PCB ended, and how Yuyuko felt after everything was said and done but I'd like to think that she's rather unaffected by it all. After wanting to see the Saigyou Ayakashi bloom for so long 3 humans would hardly stop her desire. However, they are strong and so she decides that it would actually be less trouble to just wait for Reimu, Marisa, and Sakuya to die and then try her plan again.

« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2014, 09:19:20 PM »
-Sakuya has millions of knives stored somewhere. She doesn't "clone" them for her danmaku, if she runs out she just freezes time to go get some more.
-There is no weakness if the ability to manipulate boundaries. However, nothing can beat Reimu's Fantasy Heaven/Nature. The spellcard rules were made in case Reimu or Yukari ever had to deal with each other (which was highly likely, with both being representatives of Gensokyo and being of opposing races).
-Yukari turned Yuyuko into a ghost because she didn't want to lose her best friend. This is why she's so different from other ghosts.
-Yuuka only stayed in Mugenkan while she was sleeping and moved to the Garden of the Sun once she woke up. She doesn't actually care about the mansion, Elly, or Kurumi.
-If Aya (canonically the fastest in Gensokyo) and Youmu (capable of moving at around mach 28000) got in a race, Sakuya would win ;)
-Suwako is actually much stronger than Kanako, but Kanako wins with her cleverness.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2014, 04:40:40 AM »
-There is no weakness if the ability to manipulate boundaries. However, nothing can beat Reimu's Fantasy Heaven/Nature.

I personally favour the opposite: there are weaknesses in the ability (at least in a practical sense), mostly stemming from Yukari having neither infinite energy (explaining why she couldn't use a regular gap to the moon, and had to use a more esoteric method) nor infinite calculating ability (although admittedly the latter is ridiculously high, according to Ran). Meanwhile, boundary manipulation is a natural counter to Reimu's fantasy heaven, simply by shifting the border of existence and its negation such that Reimu is back on the "existing" side.

I also like the idea that humans don't normally have much magic potential, even in Gensokyo: Reimu does, being a shrine maiden and having high spiritual power, and Sanae does for similar reasons. Marisa uses her magic through catalysts such as the Hakkero, her mushrooms, and explosive potions. There's enough magic in the air that anyone with the capacity to manipulate it can fly by moving the energy around themselves to create thrust or lift.

It doesn't mean much in pure-Touhou stories, but I also favour the idea of the hourai elixir removing the concept of death from the drinker, and thus being meaningless against any weapon, magic or what-have-you that functions by introducing a concept of death or mortality rather than acting on it (so the Nasuverse's black barrel could kill Mokou or Kaguya, but the mystic eyes of death perception wouldn't see anything to cut).