Author Topic: Pocket Monsters X/Y Thread II - (STILL NO) Pokebank Pokebank Pokebank  (Read 143935 times)

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
Re: Pocket Monsters X/Y Thread II - Breeding Forevermore
« Reply #120 on: October 25, 2013, 02:51:59 AM »
Started a Nuzlocke run on my new shiny copy of Y about an hour ago. (For those wondering who 'Himeko' might be on their friends list) Just before the first gym leader, and here's what I have so far.

Chespin / Siegfried - M
Zigzagoon/ Kain - M
Fletchling / Falco - M
Farfetch'd / Quacklin - M

Go to route 22, and first poke is *drumroll* Huge Power Azurill :colonveeplusalpha:

Suddenly I feel like this run is going to be a lot easier than I thought. Also, it was female and I named it Haruhi. :3
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
« Reply #121 on: October 25, 2013, 02:54:26 AM »
The first thing I was hoping for when I heard we could customize our characters. Then my hopes were utterly crushed.

I'd like to go around in my pajamas for the entire game.

Genso

• Worldly Illusion
  • まかせろぜ。
« Reply #122 on: October 25, 2013, 02:59:01 AM »
Found a shiny relicanth while fishing, two in one day is pretty good. So that makes 3.~

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #123 on: October 25, 2013, 03:03:03 AM »
I wouldn't give up hopes on this sort of stuff being left completely unavailable. There's something about X/Y that's making me think there'll be patches with more features in the future.

It might just be me praying to Arceus I can make my male trainer look more gorgeous than Sycamore, but don't kill my hopes just yet.

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

« Reply #124 on: October 25, 2013, 03:11:06 AM »
My IGN is Xavier :> Pokemon X, Xavier, get it I'm so clever

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #125 on: October 25, 2013, 03:34:56 AM »
Wow, breeding a perfect Chimecho is going slower than I anticipated. I have 70 of them now, and of those six have five perfect IVs. Five of those, the first five, are female. The male with five perfect IVs was the 70th one to hatch. Fortunately since I have so many females I could easily match it up with one that complements the IV it's missing and cross my fingers that a perfect male is less than 70 more eggs away.

Is it necessary or useful to use power items for this kind of thing? I have one in the mix and am wondering if maybe it isn't actually slowing down the process somehow.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #126 on: October 25, 2013, 04:34:18 AM »
Wow, breeding a perfect Chimecho is going slower than I anticipated. I have 70 of them now, and of those six have five perfect IVs. Five of those, the first five, are female. The male with five perfect IVs was the 70th one to hatch. Fortunately since I have so many females I could easily match it up with one that complements the IV it's missing and cross my fingers that a perfect male is less than 70 more eggs away.

Is it necessary or useful to use power items for this kind of thing? I have one in the mix and am wondering if maybe it isn't actually slowing down the process somehow.

If you have trouble getting 6 perfect IVs, do what I did. I got 1 male with 5 perfect except Atk and another one with 5 perfect except spA. Use the one you need depending if the Pokemon is physical or special.

Genso

• Worldly Illusion
  • まかせろぜ。
« Reply #127 on: October 25, 2013, 06:06:34 AM »
Okay, I found a shiny corsola before I even found a single gorebyss. It may take a while before I get the timid Gorebyss than I thought.

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #128 on: October 25, 2013, 06:44:36 AM »
So I lost on the 48th round of Battle Maison because I decided to Dragon Dance instead of flat out killing a Poliwrath with Focus Punch and Waterfall (that did 20%) and it Focus Punched.
And then I switched to my Scizor and their last pokemon just happened to be a Chandelure.
I swear they always seem to have a fire Pokemon last everytime I misplay even slightly.

And now I just lost because I missed both a Thunderbolt and Bullet Punch on what I can only assume to be a Brightpowder Barbaracle. And then it goes on to hit 3 Stone Edges in a row.

You know what, sometimes this game gets a bit annoying.

e: Also I can breed Larvestas and Beldums if anyone wants any.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 11:01:15 AM by Bio »

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #129 on: October 25, 2013, 11:12:47 AM »
So Zengar joins the fight!
FC is 4184-1997-2689, IGN is Nozome, version is Y and Friend Safari is Psychic (Espurr and Drowzee so far).

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #130 on: October 25, 2013, 02:05:01 PM »
How have I not realised this yet?

- Catch female Inkay.
- Make sure it has Contrary
- Name SeijaKijin

Forget Cuthulu, this is the Pokemon Seija :V

Edit: That took far longer to find that it should have. But it's Quirky nature to boot; and highly persistent :V [She did come back in Stage 6 after all!]
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 02:40:40 PM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #131 on: October 25, 2013, 02:22:43 PM »
If you have trouble getting 6 perfect IVs, do what I did. I got 1 male with 5 perfect except Atk and another one with 5 perfect except spA. Use the one you need depending if the Pokemon is physical or special.

Unfortunately I think this is going to be a mixed set. I'm making a Gourgeist and I'm going to give it Flamethrower to kill all of the various things that hate fire. I may even make two and try Specs Gourgeist, although if I do that I have a Chingling with minimum attack I can pass on.

So I lost on the 48th round of Battle Maison because I decided to Dragon Dance instead of flat out killing a Poliwrath with Focus Punch and Waterfall (that did 20%) and it Focus Punched.
And then I switched to my Scizor and their last pokemon just happened to be a Chandelure.
I swear they always seem to have a fire Pokemon last everytime I misplay even slightly.

And now I just lost because I missed both a Thunderbolt and Bullet Punch on what I can only assume to be a Brightpowder Barbaracle. And then it goes on to hit 3 Stone Edges in a row.

You know what, sometimes this game gets a bit annoying.

The only advice I can give regarding battle facilities is "use Substitute a lot" and "try to learn which Pokemon have random elemental punch and fang coverage". That doesn't help when their last Pokemon perfectly counters yours, but it does prevent them from crushing your Scizor with random Fire Punch every single time you try to set up. Fortunately I don't think AI ever uses Hidden Power.

Edit: Oh yeah, and I want a Beldum and a Larvesta. A Fire Body Volcarona is useful for breeding.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 02:29:48 PM by commandercool »

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #132 on: October 25, 2013, 03:29:07 PM »
The best Pokemon for Flame Body would be Fletchinder, because Fletchinder can use Fly

Good night

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #133 on: October 25, 2013, 03:46:03 PM »
The best Pokemon for Flame Body would be Fletchinder, because Fletchinder can use Fly

Good night

So can Volcarona which is the point, although I guess Talonflame is easier to evolve. I did not even know that Fletchinder was Fire/Flying or that anything evolved into Talonflame. Fair enough I guess.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #134 on: October 25, 2013, 05:44:27 PM »
WHAT HAS SCIENCE DONE? I bred a pumpkin and a bell (who don't even like each-other) and the third egg was a perfect female Super-Size Pumpkaboo. The male Chimecho doesn't even have perfect IVs, I just swapped it out from a different male that was missing an IV that the Pumpkaboo hatched from the first egg inherited. So yeah, if anyone wants a Chimecho with five perfect IVs or a Super-Size Pumpkaboo with 2-3 perfect IVs, let me know because I have extras.

« Reply #135 on: October 25, 2013, 07:52:53 PM »
Friend code: 5343-9023-2973
Version: Y
Friend me and become a magical girl o/

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #136 on: October 25, 2013, 07:59:27 PM »

Yes please.

I don't know what I can give in return aside from one of my (many) hatched Spritzees, but I would definitely want Beldum and Larvesta.

« Reply #137 on: October 25, 2013, 08:13:55 PM »
I'd like a larvesta, i can give you fennekins in return or any pokemon egg really cause i have a ditto, but i have a few fennekins and braxiens with perfect ivs in a couple of stats

Nicktendonick

• guess the IRC ban wasn't a big enough hint
« Reply #138 on: October 25, 2013, 08:25:52 PM »
Discovered what my friend safari is.

I'm a fighting type. With Mankey, Pancham, and Breloom. I'm happy on that.  Mankey's not much used, but Brelooms are, so yay.

Beat the game, now in postgame, and enjoying the friend safaris sofar. Haven't tried the extra battle stuff yet. I suppose I want some strong mons before I do.

I also found my first legitimate shiny in years. (last one I found was a Beautifly in ruby, and before that, a shiny Butterfree in GB gold). A shiny Swaldoon, which is now a shiny Leavanny with chlorophyll.  I also found a bulbasaur from wonder trade with a +sp.a nature and chlorophyll.  A rare, but awesome find. (with Megazard Y, I'm 3/6 of a sunny day team now)

SeasideCharizard

• Mysterious Flying Donation Box
« Reply #139 on: October 25, 2013, 08:52:40 PM »
Technically I'm not dead here yet.

Aside from Emerald, this is the first game in which I did really any breeding, and wow. It can get annoying when you have 20 eggs and all of them are among the worst possible natures and after 20 more failures suddenly some random miracle which you then get to Everstone off. Maybe I need to find the time to get Synchronizers.

Pogeyman X
3480-3530-4357
Join me, Link
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 09:14:59 PM by Kwr32 »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #140 on: October 25, 2013, 09:55:20 PM »
Kangaskhan by the 2nd Gym is stupid.

Also my Kangaskhan allowed me to do something that is rather difficult in Y version... catch a Zangoose. The 4 Serviper gang up on it and kill it so you can't catch it; but Kangaskhan's Bulldoze OHKO's the 'Vipers and left Zangoose alive.

I guess you can do the same with Razor Leaf to save a Serviper in X; as I presume Serviper is the rare one there.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #141 on: October 25, 2013, 10:03:03 PM »
How many in-person passerbys have you guys been getting? I've got five so far, not counting people who are also on my friends list. Two on the bus, one in class, one at the bus stop, and one in my apartment complex.

« Reply #142 on: October 25, 2013, 10:39:20 PM »
so i maxed out affection with my Breloom in Pokemon-amie

and now he demands head rubs after and during every single battle

its getting kinda annoying :<

« Reply #143 on: October 25, 2013, 11:54:45 PM »
Durant's hidden ability is Truant

why

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #144 on: October 26, 2013, 12:03:00 AM »
How many in-person passerbys have you guys been getting? I've got five so far, not counting people who are also on my friends list. Two on the bus, one in class, one at the bus stop, and one in my apartment complex.
I get a tonne of passerbys depending on location. At my mom's house (current location) I can rally up a pretty strong zero until I turn on the internet settings on the PSS. In my residence, there's probably one or two folks, but no one I know personally because I don't talk to people there. Then, at my college, because I'm in a Game Dev program in the Game Dev building, I can average out to six people playing at any given time, and the number jumps up nicely on Fridays due to the club activities from 3 - 6. On a vaguely related note, anyone here go to George Brown in Toronto? :V

But yeah, if we don't count internet usage, I get a plentiful harvest of passerbys, though that number is bound to go down as the school year progresses.

so i maxed out affection with my Breloom in Pokemon-amie

and now he demands head rubs after and during every single battle

its getting kinda annoying :<
I think Pokemon Amie is both a wonderful and terrible thing to my heartstrings. I maxed out my Chespin's hearts and I couldn't use him in battle very well because he was only a few levels above everyone else and evolving him is verboten to me, so I'd often find myself in a situation where my enemy nearly knocks him out, and here's the rundown:

I choose a move like Return or something
The enemy goes first, usually with a super effective move that would normally take Chespin out one-shot
Chespin endures with one health to show off his best side to me
He turns his head back
"Chespin is in a bit of a pinch. He might cry."
I whisper, tears welling up, "Fight on, Chespin"
Return knocks the enemy out

Also, Pancham is the most adorable thing in Amie oh god why did i ever evolve you i just wanna pat your head and give you high fives all day uguu

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #145 on: October 26, 2013, 12:03:56 AM »

entrainment durant is a go

« Reply #146 on: October 26, 2013, 12:14:03 AM »
entrainment durant is a go
and then everyone leaves to take a coffee break the next turn

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #147 on: October 26, 2013, 12:23:34 AM »

why

In order to absolutely devastate battle facilities. Seriously, I think Nintendo gave it that as an apology for programming their AI to cheat.

Genso

• Worldly Illusion
  • まかせろぜ。
« Reply #148 on: October 26, 2013, 12:52:34 AM »
I'm still looking for the timid gorebyss Sita, so take a shiny corsola and a cloyster for now.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #149 on: October 26, 2013, 12:56:31 AM »
im just going to assume every azumarill i see on link battle has belly drum+aqua jet so i don't make stupid switches like that again

I'm still looking for the timid gorebyss Sita, so take a shiny corsola and a cloyster for now.

thanks