Author Topic: Games You're Playing Right Now V - "Ah ha ha...I have killed a lot of people."  (Read 176032 times)

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
"The full release of Desktop Dungeons is out on Steam"
more like
"I didn't want to get any work done anyway"

Took a break to do Wario Land GB almost completely without jet. I say Almost because of using Jet for the Mount Teacup boss battle due to hitting a box from the wrong side and not having an easy way to die.
The ultimate joke would be making Wriggle an EX Boss, but there being a game-breaking bug in her final spellcard that made it impossible to catch.

Think about it for a second...

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
OK; so I'm on mission 7; of FE: Awakening and because I've been using Team Up with Sumia/Chrome to create a really mobile unit that doubles literally everything and Sully/Stahl; crateing another really mobile unit which murders everything.

Of course; because these mobile units were used quite a fair bit; I've managed to get both married by MISSION 6. And then the following proceeded to happen:

- Stahl/Sully literally solo the right wing of Mission 6 alone.
- Sumia takes out an archer with Chrome Teaming Up. The enemy proceeds to literally ignore every other unit I have; and suicidally charge at Sumia/Chrome; who proceed to murder everything that enters the 2 spaces open around them. I think at least 3 Wyverns were killed; and a Myrmadon. And Sumia proceeded to gain 3 levels [8->11] and mow down half the enemy force in their own turn... I didn't take into account that the enemy would die so fast more could come in! [Sumia lived though so it's k] And Chrome hit Lv 12...

Damnit Sumia you're becoming a total badass...ess. Perhaps TOO much. Damn girl; leave some for the rest of the army!

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
Pair Up is kinda bonkers, innit :V

For a challenge, try a run of the game without using it.  Things get...interesting.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
Pair Up is kinda bonkers, innit :V

For a challenge, try a run of the game without using it.  Things get...interesting.
Pair up isn't necessary.  I've done FE:A on Hard Classic with a number of extra restrictions (No Pair Up, no skirmishes ever, no field merchants, shop only at the chapter you were just in, no Wireless menu access, etc) and it's actually amazingly well designed for that (if tough as hell).  Pair Up sure helps, though, let me assure you of that (if not solely helping to get your units relationships maxed out in no time flat)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Well I didn't know Pair Up would create totally insane units this quickly :V

But it was amusing to say the least seeing the enemy suicidally ram into Super-Sumia

Oh and now she heals when she retreats if she takes a beating due to Relief; and she's good at backing off.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 03:31:25 PM by Raikaria »

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
I have difficulties raising Sumia any flying unit really into usefulness due to how goddamned squishy people are in the beginning.
As a result, Sumia went from a C-lister to the forefront of my army's Murder Force ?, among Morgan, Donnel, Panne, and Henry.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Yeah that's why I started pairing her up with people. Because she would fail to get the kill; and then take massive damage/be killed next turn; while Chrome's support tipped over the KO edge.

Mainly use her for picking off isolated mages/archers with her speed; but she is quickly becoming so strong she's just murdering everything now.

Also I changed my [Male] Avatar into a Mage. I have no clue what I am doing and if this is a good idea or not; but he was something like Tactician Lv 13 and not getting as much XP anymore when I swapped. [He's getting decent xp now though]. Not to mention all he did was throw spells anyway. If someone needed smacking there's far better to do it.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 03:54:00 PM by Raikaria »

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
Yeah that's why I started pairing her up with people. Because she would fail to get the kill; and then take massive damage/be killed next turn; while Chrome's support tipped over the KO edge.

Mainly use her for picking off isolated mages/archers with her speed; but she is quickly becoming so strong she's just murdering everything now.

Also I changed my [Male] Avatar into a Mage. I have no clue what I am doing and if this is a good idea or not; but he was something like Tactician Lv 13 and not getting as much XP anymore when I swapped. [He's getting decent xp now though]. Not to mention all he did was throw spells anyway. If someone needed smacking there's far better to do it.

I usually wait until I ding 20 so I can collect skills. If I recall correctly, Tactician Lv. 20 skill isn't arse. Maybe it was Grandmaster Lv. 20, I don't recall.
But I did the same really because lol nobody slings around Bolganones and Thorons without dying horribly better than you! (Well maybe except for
Spoiler:
your daughter
)

theshirn

I usually wait until I ding 20 so I can collect skills. If I recall correctly, Tactician Lv. 20 skill isn't arse. Maybe it was Grandmaster Lv. 20, I don't recall.
Skills are picked up at level 1 and 10 for base classes and level 5 and 15 for promoted (and level 1 and 15 for special classes, such as Villager).  That said, I usually like to keep my Avatar as a Grandmaster because Rally Spectrum is way too good.

Also the Avatar is the one character who should never be having problems gaining experience because of Veteran being crazy good.

I've only had one run with a good Sumia, oddly.  She and Kellam became a murder duo, it was great.
Pair up isn't necessary.  I've done FE:A on Hard Classic with a number of extra restrictions (No Pair Up, no skirmishes ever, no field merchants, shop only at the chapter you were just in, no Wireless menu access, etc) and it's actually amazingly well designed for that (if tough as hell).  Pair Up sure helps, though, let me assure you of that (if not solely helping to get your units relationships maxed out in no time flat)
It's really interesting how remarkably well-balanced the game is if you play Hard with no grinding.  Even if you still use Pair Up, the game maintains a steady, solid difficulty curve that's never impossible but is a decent challenge.  Without Pair Up it gets dicier, but still in a good way.

I'm gonna have to start another run soon.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
Too much Age2 HD with the Forgotten Empires mod-turned-expansion lately.

Not many changes from the last mod version - only one I could recall easily was the missing Hunting Dogs tech (Dark Age, faster hunting) and missing -3 melee armour on rams (added in Userpatch for classic, which the mod version uses). The inconsistent changes make me feel there are now 4 commonly played versions to use (Conquerors w/ Userpatch, AoFE mod, standard HD, HD Forgotten) and play, adding to the confusion.

Also all the default hotkeys were changed after 14 years of consistency. >:(
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
Skills are picked up at level 1 and 10 for base classes and level 5 and 15 for promoted (and level 1 and 15 for special classes, such as Villager).  That said, I usually like to keep my Avatar as a Grandmaster because Rally Spectrum is way too good.

Also the Avatar is the one character who should never be having problems gaining experience because of Veteran being crazy good.

Durr. Can you tell that it's been months since I played this game? I kind of burnt myself out on a Hard run in about chapter 16 to 18 or so. I forget.

What promotions are there that are even remotely viable for Morgan? I had Sorceress Female Morgan hitting for the upper-60s-to-lower-70s, charging at everyone packing Defenses of over 40 or so- but at the time lol I was married to Miriel.
Now I've got Donnel's hax stat growth skill (I've probably absolutely decimated his caps in the process :ohdear: ) on Morgan and he's... having problems .-.

I would go into far more detail about how absolutely odd my pairings are but then I feel like more than one person might give me a smack (Virion x Panne or Henry x Olivia? Ehehehe)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Oh god what have I done I've turned this into the FE thread.

Also just cleared Mission 9. I've taken a couple of deaths of low-levels characters I wasn't using much that I kinda had to use to make up numbers; and died due to being underleveled BECAUSE EVERYONE RUNS AT SUMIA/CHROME WHO THEN EAT ALL THE XP. I lost Virion and Rickten. Both to Wyverns; on that matter.

That said; Libra and Thrarja just joined. Which gives me even more options.

Still have no idea who I'm gonna pair my Avatar with; because idk who/what is coming later. In fact the only pair I'm pushing towards right now is Cordilia/Lon'Qu; so they can be Pegasus Knight Battle Couple Buddies with Chrome/Sumia; but will be a paralell. [Cordilia will promote into whatever Sumia doesn't; and I imagine Great Lord is more durable and deals less damage than Assassin/Swordmaster]

Seriously why are all my couples so far involving characters with steeds?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 12:54:16 AM by Raikaria »

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
I restarted playing GTAV, since the Stimulus Package was finnaly delivered. And well, it's actually fun now. I bought a big house, a lot of ammo, and now I can finnaly do some massacres, but too bad your guy is still weaker to bullet than someone is in real life, and the Team Deathmatch servers are empty now, so there is nothing I can use my gun right now, other than random people on the street.
Also, ever since this package was delivered, I'm running much more often into AK47-wielding gangbanging griefers. Yeah, sure, you don't lose 2000$ per death now, but dying 8 to 10 times thanks to some wannabe gangsters is kind of annoying.
EDIT: It took me a minute and a half to find a game, and it was laggy as hell, the enemy team was abusing the AK's power, and my partner was so bad he might as well be braindead.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 01:36:14 AM by FamilyTeam »

The nova of the ocean of the cleverness

Speaking of Awakening, it may be a cheap strategy, but my favorite thing to do in general is getting 50+ luck for myself, armsthrift, vengeance, vantage, a maxed damage Aversa's Night (a better version of Nosferatu, the HP Draining Book), going Sorcerer and charging directly into everything solo :derp: On Lunatic mode though, you might wanna use the last two available slots for defensive skills, or else you're very likely to be worn down after a couple turns. It doesn't even really have to be solo either I guess, there's a decent number of characters who can get that combination of skills and also be a Sorcerer.

Well, at least that alone is not enough to kill the final boss on Lunatic mode. That would be cheap... I mean, cheaper? Than it already is, of course.
Spoiler:
I know you technically CAN kill him on Lunatic that way, but it involves a lot of luck and generally the fight drags on into infinity instead of ending. So it doesn't really count.
[/size]

I would go into far more detail about how absolutely odd my pairings are but then I feel like more than one person might give me a smack (Virion x Panne or Henry x Olivia? Ehehehe)

Don't worry, some of us *cough*myselfincluded*cough* have done all the pairings. If anyone's gonna get smacked, it'll probably be me for being so cheap :V
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 06:06:37 AM by SirBlueberry »

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
I got Skullgirls.  This game is a blast.  I've been running through the story modes to get a taste of the characters.  So far I'm liking Ms. Fortune and Peacock the best.  I was absolute balls with Peacock, but she's so much fun to play with I don't care.  Parasoul so far as been my worst character.  Again, Peacock is probably my second worst, but also again she's really fun and also the strongest.  Seriously her (9) skin is Cirno.  I was decent with Cerabella, I only lost once to the final boss.  Man I hate the final boss.  Yea I'd be cocky too if I had a fucking Persona I could spam.  But yeah, I've still haven't played as Painwheel, Valentine, Double, or Squigly.

Phoenon

• Let's Rock, Baby
  • Woop Woop
Been playing Blazblue Chrono Phantasma.

Using Terumi, Hazama, Kagura, Kokonoe, so many fun characters.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
OK; so; Chrome and Sumia both hit Lv 15; so I decided to promote them into Great Lord and Falcon Knight.

Cordilia and Lon'qu are now both Lv 15; but I don't have enough Master Seals to promote both; and Sully/Stahl are not far from Lv 15 either; and I could even promote Lissa if I had spare seals. I guess there's not much harm in waiting until post 15 to promoate; but I found from Chrome that the rate of leveling makes waiting beyond that not too worthwhile.

Meanwhile the Avatar hit Lv 10 Mage; and after some thinking if I wanted to become a Dark Knight; I just decided to swap back to Tactician and become a Grandmaster later. I have a very strong magic lean on my Avatar so far. Hilariously enough without even trying I've obtained B support with Nowi; because the pair tend to be near the backlines using ranged attacks together while the mounted units smash the frontlines. If they get enough support for S I'll probobly hold off it. I don't like the idea of pairing the Avatar up with someone who'll outlive him by forever.

Annoyingly Focus clashes with Solidarity. Either I get more crit or I give allies buffs. I know which I'd rather.

Tl;dr: Too many people need promotions; not enough seals; merchants aren't selling them despite me having over 25k.

Edit: Mission 10 = The feels; especially since the final blow on the boss was Lon'qu critting him; saying 'I'll make this quick...'

On the other hand; I got enougn master seals. Long'qu is now a Swordmaster; Cordelia is now a Dark Flier [Andis now carrying a Wind Tome to blast other fliers. AERIAL DOMINANCE!]; and Lissa can now defend herself as a Sage.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 06:51:44 PM by Raikaria »

Tl;dr: Too many people need promotions; not enough seals; merchants aren't selling them despite me having over 25k.

Soon enough, you can buy as many as you'd like. Use this as you will, I dunno if you wanna consider shop contents spoilers or not so I spoiler tagged them anyways. It's not a huge list, but after checking my 3 current completed files,
Second Seals are for sale in levels including, but not limited to:
Spoiler:
Chapter 16, Paralogue 16
Master Seals are for sale in levels including, but not limited to:
Spoiler:
Chapter 12, Paralogue 12
Between these 3 files, I do not have every Paralogue level currently unlocked, so this is definitely no complete list, but I remember there were at least a few more places these things were sold.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
Been playing Blazblue Chrono Phantasma.

Using Terumi, Hazama, Kagura, Kokonoe, so many fun characters.
I hope you realise how goddamn jelly I am over here >:

I've been playing a bit of LA Noire, and I'm really enjoying it! Nice mix between detective puzzles and poppin' heads

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
Volgarr the Viking

After seeing a few people rave and rave about it, I just had to try it and it is so fucking awesome.  And very, very fucking hard.  Like Ghosts n Goblins hard. 

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
XCOM: Enemy Unknown with the new Enemy Within DLC. It's a tactical squad-based strategy game with RPG elements?! See you in April. It looks so sweet, too. A little over an hour in and the core of the team seems to be shaping up nicely. I've peeked at what abilities will become available and have a good idea of what kind of team I would like.

Still technically playing Xenoblade with 70 hours pumped into it since May.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

theshirn

XCOM: Enemy Unknown with the new Enemy Within DLC. It's a tactical squad-based strategy game with RPG elements?! See you in April. It looks so sweet, too. A little over an hour in and the core of the team seems to be shaping up nicely. I've peeked at what abilities will become available and have a good idea of what kind of team I would like.

Still technically playing Xenoblade with 70 hours pumped into it since May.
get squad sight

I've been playing a lot of Cave Story lately, especially the boss rush mode. My first run was 17 minutes, followed by a 15 minute run and a 12 minute run. 10 minutes is my current goal. I think I can make it if I can figure out a better strategy for the Core boss fight. That one always takes almost two minutes.
Extra stages cleared : EoSD, PCB, PCB Phantasm, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
Oh god fucking dammit KOG why do you have to release The Evolution on Brazillian Elsword so goddamn early see you guys in January.

Started Oracle of Seasons... again... hopefully for the last time this year...

On the plus side, I finished Wario Land Jetless.
The ultimate joke would be making Wriggle an EX Boss, but there being a game-breaking bug in her final spellcard that made it impossible to catch.

Think about it for a second...

KingofBaka

• The Strongest!
  • and the Dumbest!
I started playing Pinball Arcade again trying to break some of my old high scores and complete the wizard goals on some of my tables.
I am still mad about the Theatre of Magic table in which not only did I miss a Wizard goal by not getting all of the targets in Virtual Pinball and not breaking 3 billion when I was so close(I had about 23 million to go which is nothing in ToM). I missed starting Grand Finale ( The Wizard mode and another one of the Wizard goals) by two illusions. :colonveeplusalpha:

Other then that, I have been playing Brawl Minus, Dragon Ball Z BT3, and Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 while I wait for Dragon Ball Z Battle of Z to come out which I am so excited about. :getdown:
Normal 1cc: IN,EoSD,MoF,PCB,LoLK-P(403 Retries(Hope to Improve))
Extra Clear:PCB
ISC: All Stages Clear !

Monkeypro257

I'm currently playing Paper Mario, Majora's Mask and Tekken (Nostalgia). I'm also playing Tropico for the heck of it. :P

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
My second day into XCOM and I already have a story. I received an invasion mission in which I selected to go to France because they had the highest Panic rating. Mission difficulty was listed as Very High. Up until that point, I had faced a max of 4 sectoids in a mission. This one had 5. Plus 3 floaters and 2 of the new Prometheus-esque facehugger things. Result? 2 injured,
Spoiler:
0 casualties
. Also, Overwatch is fantastic for defence.

I have a Japanese Support soldier focusing on a medic role, an Irish Assault soldier, and a Canadian Sniper that make up the current core of my team. In my mind, they are an overbearing mother who thinks medkits are cookies, an angry drunk lass, and a deer hunter who is mad that his plaid camo hasn't come in. I'm having too much fun with this right now.

get squad sight
Yeah this sounds only slightly broken, so yes.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16