Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 11F  (Read 280075 times)

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 11F
« Reply #810 on: November 14, 2013, 03:56:50 PM »
For some reason, Flan's boss battle icon isn't behind the rock that needs 60 achievements to bypass, and I'm pretty sure I've gotten her event. I also fought more than 100 battles with Meiling, Remilia, Sakuya, and Patchouli on the same floor. Am I missing something? I really want her, because the final boss seems to be weak to Dark.

« Reply #811 on: November 14, 2013, 06:15:17 PM »
Have you recruited Mokou and Kaguya ? Have you also defeated 30 FOEs or more ?

Because you also need to do these two things to unlock Flan's boss battle.

« Reply #812 on: November 14, 2013, 06:17:50 PM »
Have you recruited Mokou and Kaguya ? Have you also defeated 30 FOEs or more ?

Because you also need to do these two things to unlock Flan's boss battle.

Have done both; I've gotten the achievement for the 30 FOEs, and OFC I'd have both of them by the end of the game.

« Reply #813 on: November 14, 2013, 06:45:33 PM »
Have you also find the event when Flandre and the heroines are talking to each other ? It's somewhere in 12F as a red exclamation point.

« Reply #814 on: November 14, 2013, 06:47:57 PM »
Have you also find the event when Flandre and the heroines are talking to each other ? It's somewhere in 12F as a red exclamation point.

Can't find it, so yeah, probably. I think it's something to do with my saves, but I have no idea, so.

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #815 on: November 14, 2013, 06:52:06 PM »
If you want, upload your save for me to look at and I'll see if I can find it/fix it.

I kinda do it for my friend when she's having issues with a boss, or needs some help to prepare.

Edit: Found out the problem. The first trigger is on Floor 11, which activates the event on Floor 12. I was going to add this to the Wiki but I'm not sure if you need to have gotten both Kaguya and Mokou, so I'm holding back on that.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 08:02:09 AM by Axel Ryman »

« Reply #816 on: November 15, 2013, 09:28:50 AM »
Thanks. :D

Also, isn't the Massive Demonic Weapon of Twilight on 20F bugged? It keeps spamming Focus...

« Reply #817 on: November 15, 2013, 09:56:20 AM »
Also, isn't the Massive Demonic Weapon of Twilight on 20F bugged? It keeps spamming Focus...

It is.

« Reply #818 on: November 15, 2013, 05:00:13 PM »
How do I get to the FOE on 16F? Dem warps...

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
  • I feed on your tears...
« Reply #819 on: November 15, 2013, 05:15:13 PM »
How do I get to the FOE on 16F? Dem warps...
You have to go up a staircase from 15F. There's going to be a relay there and a warp to bring you directly to it after.
I stared into the abyss, and the abyss didn't stare back. Even the void doesn't want to be my friend :(

Now working with Touhou-Online in French

« Reply #820 on: November 15, 2013, 05:21:06 PM »
OIC, thanks.

EDIT: Just realized that I've no idea how to get to the stairs. There's a blank spot north in 15F, so I suppose that's where the staircase is...
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 05:44:28 PM by CrazyManiacz »

« Reply #821 on: November 15, 2013, 09:16:29 PM »
In 15F, go down the hole in the northwest (http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/46/1384548020-hole1.png).

You will be in a small section in 14F. Go up to the stairs.

Back to 15F, go down the northwest hole at the end of the passage (http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/46/1384549008-hole2.png).

After that, you just need to follow the path. But be careful, you'll have to defeat the FOE in 15F that blocks the path.

I hope you understand. :x

Monkeypro257

« Reply #822 on: November 16, 2013, 04:58:31 AM »
Damn, so close to beating Tenshi! >_<  I managed to officially make Utsuho the most powerful thing ever. (She takes away 3000HP away from Tenshi now O_O) Though I keep losing due to her losing MP quick and Sanae having to get KOed while activating an ability that buffs up everyone. -_- I also tend to spam Discarder on her, since it works way more better than Komachi's debuffing spell. I'm still under-leveled, so does anyone know a quick way to gain EXP?

Sahgren

« Reply #823 on: November 16, 2013, 06:31:52 AM »
Not much aside from spamming "m" to get a fight every step and having your strongest AoErs massacre everything that comes up. Going back to earlier floors and beating the FOE on each floor could be a good idea since you need to beat 30 of them to recruit a character later on.

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #824 on: November 16, 2013, 07:18:00 AM »
Pretty much just grind on Floor 12. Most of the enemies there are weak to either Wind or Nature, mostly Nature, so Kasen and Nitori can nuke them with their Nature moves usually. If you have Elixir of Mages, put that as their Main Equip so when they're low on MP, you can put them in reserve and they can recover their MP fast.

Monkeypro257

« Reply #825 on: November 17, 2013, 07:09:50 AM »
Thank God, I was finally able to beat Tenshi. Is facing her the third time more annoying or less annoying compared to the second?

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #826 on: November 17, 2013, 07:20:14 AM »
It's a mixed bag since it's a bit different from the previous fight. I'll put it in spoilers since I'm being a bit revealing with it.

Spoiler:
Her elemental affinities have changed now so she no longer heavily resists Mystic and she's now weak to Dark. Not only that, but now debuffing her DEF/MND causes her to use a Nature nuke on the entire frontline. This can be good or bad depending on how you're setup, since you can easily tank through it while performing switching, but if you're having trouble surviving it, you can always rely on another method of damaging her through her defenses. Also I think she resists Poison even moreso than her 2nd fight? Don't quote me on that.

« Reply #827 on: November 17, 2013, 03:30:00 PM »
The third fight is annoying but not just because it's hard but rather because it may force you to try a different strategy than what you were used to before,

Monkeypro257

« Reply #828 on: November 18, 2013, 01:40:30 AM »
If she is weak against Dark I think I already have a strategy for her. (Bring in Parsee!)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #829 on: November 18, 2013, 03:08:28 AM »
The third fight can be killed before she manages to attack, without having to god-pump a character or anything, if you try to set up to do so. It's kind of silly.

But yeah, unless you go the route of debuffing her and preparing for that, it's almost impossible to damage her through conventional means. Her def/mnd is just too high.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Monkeypro257

« Reply #830 on: November 18, 2013, 04:10:16 AM »
Well I'll just have to wait until I get to her to actually think of something. Other than that, asking any other questions will be dull since I haven't even faced her, and I have Remi and Sakuya to take care of first. (Tried my first run, got rid of Sakuya, but almost on Remi)

« Reply #831 on: November 20, 2013, 12:38:58 AM »
Is TL 1 doable without a debuffer? i used renko in my first playtrought so.....It helped quite alot agaisnt PAR flame tyrant, debuffing bloody papa and even par-locking WINNER, Mostly worried about debuffing bloody papa

-Party
Reimu
Marisa
Remilia
Sayuka
Meiling
Aya
Yuugi
Orin
Utsuho
Rinnosuke
Ran
Flandre

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #832 on: November 20, 2013, 07:39:00 PM »
Reimu can PAR-lock the Tyrant, especially with the SPD buff help brought by Sakuya and Aya. Bloody Papa is worth some worry though, as no means of debuffing means you will instead have to nuke him down fast and hard.

Doable? Yes.
Sanely? Questionable, but I'll go with Yes.
Without much extra grinding? Not without using NG+ to bring over equipment and/or Skill Levels.

Debuffs can make a huge difference in some fights, and you'll have to make up those stats somewhere, which means you might need extra levels to get by fights you could have used debuffs to smash through

jaxter0987

• Umiiro Shoujo ni Miserarete
  • Umi is love, Umi is life
« Reply #833 on: November 23, 2013, 08:25:15 AM »
Man its been too long since I played LoT2. It's been two months since I last posted a boss fight video. I randomly decided to inch a little further in my synergy run so here it is:
Spoiler:
Those form changes during my onslaught on the goddess was me trying to make full use of the characters synergy skills. Also, I expected Kaguya to do much more damage since in an earlier run, she did like 120k. Then I realized that I didn't buff her all the way like I should have.
Link

Not looking forward to Floor 18 again...

It's a mixed bag since it's a bit different from the previous fight. I'll put it in spoilers since I'm being a bit revealing with it.

Spoiler:
Also I think she resists Poison even moreso than her 2nd fight? Don't quote me on that.
He speaks the truth.

Edit: Random, but I realize that I probably should get off my lazy butt and actually create a basic boss fight advice table for the final boss. I'm surprised no one else wrote anything for it yet.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 08:39:35 AM by jaxter0987 »

Gesh86

• Buddha may forgive you...
  • but Byakuren won't!
« Reply #834 on: November 23, 2013, 02:01:59 PM »

Edit: Random, but I realize that I probably should get off my lazy butt and actually create a basic boss fight advice table for the final boss. I'm surprised no one else wrote anything for it yet.

Really wanted to, but didn't get around to it as well. I have a video lying around  where I don't even actually win in the end, but it should still help me remember a few tricks (like
Spoiler:
relying completely on Wriggle's poison for the first phase so that no one important gets randomly killed by his incredibly low-delay attacks
)and other things worth knowing.

If you do write it first, I'll see what I can add.

jaxter0987

« Reply #835 on: November 23, 2013, 10:26:31 PM »
Really wanted to, but didn't get around to it as well. I have a video lying around  where I don't even actually win in the end, but it should still help me remember a few tricks (like
Spoiler:
relying completely on Wriggle's poison for the first phase so that no one important gets randomly killed by his incredibly low-delay attacks
)and other things worth knowing.

If you do write it first, I'll see what I can add.
I might just set the tables up but leave the description part of it blank. After giving this some thought, I think I might as well wait til I get to the final boss in my synergy run before writing anything down, even though I recall some helpful tricks as you've already mentioned.

Spoiler:
I also relied on Wriggle's poison for the first phase but I used the first phase to buff up my tanks and supports as well. If all of them are buffed up before his second phase, I carefully time switch ins for my glass cannons to get the buffs as well.
Plus not having access to Komachi, Wriggle and Byakuren this time around should make for some interesting decisions on my end.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #836 on: November 26, 2013, 02:26:40 PM »
It is really crazy to see a character finally fill out for the role they have in Laby2. :3

The 12F Boss,
Spoiler:
Tenshi
went down like a bag of rocks against my team of 1. Solo, Hardmode,
Spoiler:
Byakuren
run. 12F boss was defeated before getting a second turn. I am not even kidding, it fell apart THAT quickly, even *with* its DEF/MND buff!

I then smashed my way to 16F and am being held back by not knowing which warp leads where ._.

Edit: Since I don't want to double post, I'm editing this post. I beat the Final Boss with my
Spoiler:
Byakuren
only Hardmode file. :D It went back and forth for a while, due to a mix of FB healing, Great Calamity and Magic Drain forcing me to Focus a lot, but I did it :D
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 08:46:24 PM by MysTeariousYukari »

« Reply #837 on: November 28, 2013, 11:29:29 AM »
Just tried something I thought would be ridiculous after seeing some posts with Hina :

https://db.tt/fhslXKkn
+ 10 wisdom gem, lv5 MAG boost, lv5 Pain Flow, Sorcerer subclass.
She had -40% ATK DEF MND SPD -26% MAG
Eight-Eyed Serpent was silenced with -50% MND

Result :
https://db.tt/PeLkwv13

Am I doing something wrong or did I expected too much ?

jaxter0987

« Reply #838 on: November 28, 2013, 12:55:27 PM »
Just tried something I thought would be ridiculous after seeing some posts with Hina :

https://db.tt/fhslXKkn
+ 10 wisdom gem, lv5 MAG boost, lv5 Pain Flow, Sorcerer subclass.
She had -40% ATK DEF MND SPD -26% MAG
Eight-Eyed Serpent was silenced with -50% MND

Result :
https://db.tt/PeLkwv13

Am I doing something wrong or did I expected too much ?
What about A Curse goes Both Ways and Misfortune Reversal? Not sure if debuffs count for A Curse goes Both Ways but you're losing a ton of damage if you don't have Misfortune Reversal.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #839 on: November 28, 2013, 02:20:02 PM »
Misfortune Reversal pumps up all her debuffs every turn so you can have them maxed easily instead of this being difficult with them constantly decaying. I'd also recommend using... oh wait, you don't have pharmacologist yet (I think?), nevermind. But yeah Parsee can passively boost DRK damage. Parsee also helps by being nigh-immune to debuffing. (This strategy gets easier as you manage to keep your party from being horribly crippled on use)

I don't think A Curse Goes Both Ways applies here, though.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore