Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 11F  (Read 280011 times)

Sahgren

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 11F
« Reply #780 on: October 20, 2013, 04:37:22 AM »
The bonus bosses aren't implemented yet. The game is still lacking 21-22F and the special bosses that a door on 12F is supposed to lead to. If you want something to do, you can go through Hard Mode, assuming you haven't already, or do runs with character restrictions.

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
« Reply #781 on: October 20, 2013, 01:14:19 PM »
I think i broke it: http://imageshack.us/a/img6/9688/ebfe.jpg

Guess that has to do with that bug someone mentioned earlier about the equipment that increases recovery stats.

CP3

« Reply #782 on: October 20, 2013, 10:05:20 PM »
Does anything change in Hard Mode other than level restrictions? Because if not, my first run was essentially a Hard Mode game, and I'd have to look into implementing char restrictions instead, for a bigger challenge.

Both ways, I would ban who I consider the big 4... Aya, Byakuren, Suika and Nitori. Aya's going to be the most painful to ban; good as she is against bosses, what I like about her the most is how she trivializes randoms...

jaxter0987

• Umiiro Shoujo ni Miserarete
  • Umi is love, Umi is life
« Reply #783 on: October 21, 2013, 02:34:44 AM »
Does anything change in Hard Mode other than level restrictions? Because if not, my first run was essentially a Hard Mode game, and I'd have to look into implementing char restrictions instead, for a bigger challenge.
There's also Voile level restrictions as well.
Both ways, I would ban who I consider the big 4... Aya, Byakuren, Suika and Nitori. Aya's going to be the most painful to ban; good as she is against bosses, what I like about her the most is how she trivializes randoms...
What? Nitori and not Komachi? Komachi makes so many bosses trivial that its not even funny.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 02:36:26 AM by jaxter0987 »

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
« Reply #784 on: October 21, 2013, 02:50:11 AM »

I'm surprised that Kasen isn't on that list, given what she can do. Still, I supposed that she isn't so broken or vital like the others, so....

What? Nitori and not Komachi? Komachi makes so many bosses trivial that its not even funny.

How does she do that, if I can ask? She's a HP tank.
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #785 on: October 21, 2013, 05:31:28 AM »
I feel as if 4 is too low a ban count, especially when you consider what a lot of characters can do since some can just trivialize the game, and even make the challenge part pointless. Then again, that's about over half the cast I would personally ban out.

Sahgren

« Reply #786 on: October 21, 2013, 07:09:54 AM »
How does she do that, if I can ask? She's a HP tank.

Most bosses don't have any hope of killing Komachi through her insane health and percentage health regeneration when she's kitted out with the proper resistances. Unlike most tanks, she requires little to no management to stay healthy, so you're very rarely in danger of wiping as long as you still have people in reserve. Add on to that her ability to apply Terror, Paralysis, and debuff all five stats in one attack, and she is very solidly the best tank available.

Basically, she doesn't win the fights by herself, but she does make it a good bit harder to lose.

CP3

« Reply #787 on: October 21, 2013, 11:50:02 PM »

Well, I didn't use Komachi in my first run anyway because I like Meiling. Felt like I owed it to her after how much she got done for me in LoT1. I'd probably try out tanking with someone like Tenshi or even Remi. It feels like more tanks are viable now really.

I put Nitori on my list because her damage potential is absolutely insane with proper buffing and Maintenance. At least her nuke's not non-elemental anymore, but still...

Kasen? I can see how she's very strong but I don't see her breaking the game unless I'm missing something. In my experience, in terms of sheer damage output, Flan's way stronger than her. Yeah she needs support, but you're going to use support both ways.

I feel as if 4 is too low a ban count, especially when you consider what a lot of characters can do since some can just trivialize the game, and even make the challenge part pointless. Then again, that's about over half the cast I would personally ban out.

Probably true, but I haven't tried some of the other broken ones such as Hina. I feel like the four I mentioned are some of if not the worst offenders, but you guys probably know better than me.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 11:51:46 PM by CP3 »

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
  • I feed on your tears...
« Reply #788 on: October 22, 2013, 12:35:16 AM »
Kasen? I can see how she's very strong but I don't see her breaking the game unless I'm missing something. In my experience, in terms of sheer damage output, Flan's way stronger than her. Yeah she needs support, but you're going to use support both ways.
One of the big reason Kasen can be game breaking is because you can get her so early in the game and it makes most of the initial fights trivial. She might not have the strongest damage output, but she is pretty strong either way, plus the fact that she can inflict just a ton of ailments via spells and skills. Compared to someone like Flan, who embodies the meaning of glass cannon, she can easily act as your offtank while providing the same amount of damage.
I stared into the abyss, and the abyss didn't stare back. Even the void doesn't want to be my friend :(

Now working with Touhou-Online in French

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #789 on: October 22, 2013, 12:46:22 AM »
Yeah, the thing about Kasen is she has a whole lot of various upsides crammed into one package with no real downsides.

She's durable, has a good selection of strong attacks from varying elements and a powerful low-delay selfbuff, and her two ideal boss attacks apply debuffs and good status effects. Cursed Arm especially is crazy good because ATK/SPD down and TRR (if you're using anyone with final blow or parsee/kogasa) on a powerful attack is what, and the TRR is fairly accurate- but the WND one paralyzes so it's not half bad either. And she can put SIL on her attacks to enable Final Blow users too, because -tons- of bosses are vulnerable to it.

And then she has guts to keep her from dying sometimes if she -does- fall.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

CP3

« Reply #790 on: October 22, 2013, 02:56:21 AM »
Oh and I forgot to mention Yukari too. She's horribly gamebreaking. If you boost her MP and Yukari's Spiriting Away enough she can pull off 3 consecutive YSA's which should be enough to kill almost (if not any) boss in the game.

And you're making me want to try out Kasen. Could always drop her later if she's trivializing everything.

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
« Reply #791 on: October 22, 2013, 11:38:54 AM »
Yeah, the thing about Kasen is she has a whole lot of various upsides crammed into one package with no real downsides.

She actually does have one downside, according to the wiki. Kasen tends to burn through her MP far quicker than one would like, although I would presume that certain equips, skills from other characters, or even the Magician subclass could help in dealing with that.
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #792 on: October 22, 2013, 03:08:14 PM »
That's a downside for almost any character that you don't switch out of the front row quickly through >_> (Exception goes to people with potential for really high mp recovery, albiet you don't want to use many turns Focusing if you can possibly avoid it, exceptions being your tank or Nitori overheating)

Her low-delay selfbuff does make it easy to burn through mp, but her skills aren't high-cost nor is her natural mp bad, so it's not really a special thing. Since Fighting Spirit does encourage you not to switch her out though, it's a good idea to try to bolster her mp, yeah.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
« Reply #793 on: November 02, 2013, 12:09:52 PM »

Not to be blunt, but has any updates happened for Touhou Labyrinth 2 lately, or have those stopped?

Gesh86

• Buddha may forgive you...
  • but Byakuren won't!
« Reply #794 on: November 02, 2013, 12:41:48 PM »

Not to be blunt, but has any updates happened for Touhou Labyrinth 2 lately, or have those stopped?

Last one is still 1.151, from September 19th. Yeah, at this rate, post-game content might simply be released together with an expansion. (I'd be baffled if there won't be one). I do love Labyrinth of Touhou 2 to death, but I'm surprised that it still feels so unfinished in spots almost 3 months after release.
At least evasion worked from the very start  :derp:.

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
  • I feed on your tears...
« Reply #795 on: November 02, 2013, 06:40:31 PM »
Last one is still 1.151, from September 19th. Yeah, at this rate, post-game content might simply be released together with an expansion. (I'd be baffled if there won't be one). I do love Labyrinth of Touhou 2 to death, but I'm surprised that it still feels so unfinished in spots almost 3 months after release.

I would be very surprised that they put the end content in an expansion, considering all the unused assets currently in the game (Maribel and Renko, floor names, unobtainable achievements, main gear creation shown but blocked, item amelioration in the game files, etc). LoT1 had a proper ending with post-game content before the expansion, and seeing as LoT2 doesn't even "finish" with the last boss fight, it wouldn't make sense to create an expansion just to add the end-game with more stuff. Sucks that they don't seem to have a twitter to see if they have any progress or news on it. (oh nvm then, didn't see it on their website)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 07:47:41 PM by kuilfrayt »
I stared into the abyss, and the abyss didn't stare back. Even the void doesn't want to be my friend :(

Now working with Touhou-Online in French

« Reply #796 on: November 02, 2013, 07:25:51 PM »

Sahgren

« Reply #797 on: November 02, 2013, 08:44:07 PM »
There isn't much, but I did find these posts. From what Google Translate can tell, they're having more trouble with the final portions of the game than expected and there seem to be problems with them e-mailing each other.

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
« Reply #798 on: November 03, 2013, 10:53:41 AM »
There isn't much, but I did find these posts. From what Google Translate can tell, they're having more trouble with the final portions of the game than expected and there seem to be problems with them e-mailing each other.

Communication issues? Oh great. Just...

Le sigh.

I would be very surprised that they put the end content in an expansion, considering all the unused assets currently in the game (Maribel and Renko, floor names, unobtainable achievements, main gear creation shown but blocked, item amelioration in the game files, etc). LoT1 had a proper ending with post-game content before the expansion, and seeing as LoT2 doesn't even "finish" with the last boss fight, it wouldn't make sense to create an expansion just to add the end-game with more stuff.

As far as I'm concerned, I just don't get why they sent it out in the condition that it was in back when it was released, instead of simply setting up another demo for the game, and then send it out when they could get all of the bugs out. And it's the same deal with HM(sorry for going off topic for a little), as you couldn't even get everyone unlocked, and well... The less I talk about it, the better, right?

What I want to know is quite simply... why? Would it be so hard for them to take the time to do that sort of stuff?

I'm sorry if my post sounds like a complaining rant(which, to be fair, it is, but that's besides the point) and is annoying you guys.

Gesh86

• but Byakuren won't!
« Reply #799 on: November 03, 2013, 01:44:56 PM »
As far as I'm concerned, I just don't get why they sent it out in the condition that it was in back when it was released, instead of simply setting up another demo for the game, and then send it out when they could get all of the bugs out. And it's the same deal with HM(sorry for going off topic for a little), as you couldn't even get everyone unlocked, and well... The less I talk about it, the better, right?

You know what gives you a really thick skin when it comes to rushed releases? Getting games that Bethesda publishes.

I might be speculating, but there's probably a million reasons why the game wasn't held back. First of all, fans don't think so far in such a way: "I'm glad I can't get to play this now so it'll be a bit better when I do". Instead they'll just be disappointed when they don't get what they want as early as they hoped. As for the factors of marketing this kind of product, getting a booth at Comiket probably has to be done a good while in advance. There's also contacting shops. Once you have those preorders, you're somewhat obligated to deliver.

Despite hearing about problems with production, it's nice that this discussion revealed "signs of life", that something is at least happening.

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
« Reply #800 on: November 08, 2013, 02:09:16 AM »
You know what gives you a really thick skin when it comes to rushed releases? Getting games that Bethesda publishes.

I might be speculating, but there's probably a million reasons why the game wasn't held back. First of all, fans don't think so far in such a way: "I'm glad I can't get to play this now so it'll be a bit better when I do". Instead they'll just be disappointed when they don't get what they want as early as they hoped. As for the factors of marketing this kind of product, getting a booth at Comiket probably has to be done a good while in advance. There's also contacting shops. Once you have those preorders, you're somewhat obligated to deliver.

Despite hearing about problems with production, it's nice that this discussion revealed "signs of life", that something is at least happening.

True enough. It would be sad if what we got now was it.

Monkeypro257

« Reply #801 on: November 12, 2013, 01:02:32 AM »
Yeah, I'm in the 9'th floor and I'm having trouble with Ran. Can anybody give me tips on how to beat her? Also I did pull all the triggers to make the simple shikigamis weaker. The most useful characters I have will have to be Satori and Parsee. Their stats are way up! (not that everyone else is, but they both have very high stats compared to others. Too bad Satori has bad affinity resistance while Parsee has somewhat low HP)

Sahgren

« Reply #802 on: November 12, 2013, 03:40:23 AM »
Unless the fight was changed drastically, she'll spend every turn resummoning the shikigamis when they're all wiped out. It should be possible to kill all of the shikigami before she gets her next turn, so it's best to use characters with strong AoEs to kill them as quickly as possible whilst whittling her down. Both she and her shikigamis are weak to Ice, but the shikigamis are also weak to Fire and  every status ailment except Terror and Death if you aren't using anyone with an Ice AoE.

Monkeypro257

« Reply #803 on: November 12, 2013, 05:40:31 AM »
Well I guess I can always use Patchy's Royal Flare and Cirno's perfect freeze then have Satori use any of those moves again. Thanks for the tip. I realized her speed is pretty good, should I bring in Aya just for the occasion?

Sahgren

« Reply #804 on: November 12, 2013, 06:10:44 AM »
Might as well. If you're killing all of the shikigami before each of Ran's turns then she'll never actually attack you. It may also be useful to have Orin with Accelerated Rank Switch to quickly swap someone to the backline and back into the front to reset their time to 7500 if Aya runs out of MP.

Edit: It's worth noting that the bosses from there on out are going to be getting faster. It'll make things much easier if you invest some of each character's level up bonuses into Speed.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 06:13:07 AM by Sahgren »

Monkeypro257

« Reply #805 on: November 13, 2013, 12:59:34 AM »
I managed to beat Ran, but I don't think I should go up against Tenshi just yet. Though I'm surprised Rumia was the only one who managed to take away 1000 or so HP from Tenshi. O_o Well I have my strategy. Level up Rumia's Magic and have Wriggle for PSN effect which took away a pretty good amount of damage, despite having to use Comet on Earth A LOT! -_-  (. . . never mind, crossing out PSN then)

Gesh86

• but Byakuren won't!
« Reply #806 on: November 13, 2013, 12:19:33 PM »
I managed to beat Ran, but I don't think I should go up against Tenshi just yet. Though I'm surprised Rumia was the only one who managed to take away 1000 or so HP from Tenshi. O_o Well I have my strategy. Level up Rumia's Magic and have Wriggle for PSN effect which took away a pretty good amount of damage, despite having to use Comet on Earth A LOT! -_-  (. . . never mind, crossing out PSN then)

2nd Tenshi has to be in the top 3 of most annoying fights in the game. I hate it with a passion and am currently trying to cover it in a strategy-video. My definition of the best strategy in that encounter is pretty much anything that will barely make you win!
I'm guessing you're trying to do a mostly unspoiled playthrough. In case you want a relatively light, harmless hint:
Spoiler:
Options are few, but Wriggle and Rumia aren't the only ones. Think about who and what else may be useful and experiment.

Monkeypro257

« Reply #807 on: November 13, 2013, 11:04:14 PM »
2nd Tenshi has to be in the top 3 of most annoying fights in the game. I hate it with a passion and am currently trying to cover it in a strategy-video. My definition of the best strategy in that encounter is pretty much anything that will barely make you win!
I'm guessing you're trying to do a mostly unspoiled playthrough. In case you want a relatively light, harmless hint:
Spoiler:
Options are few, but Wriggle and Rumia aren't the only ones. Think about who and what else may be useful and experiment.

I tried almost everyone and they just can't seem to do anything much. Rumia takes away damage due to her ability of "Piercing Attack", is there anybody else who has an ability like that? (besides Iku for me foolishly having to waste all her skill points on everything besides "Heaven's Hagoromo" -_-)

Sahgren

« Reply #808 on: November 13, 2013, 11:29:19 PM »
Utsuho can completely ignore defenses with Giga Flare (ignores Mind) + Arm Twisting (ignores affinities). There are still more, so you might want to look over whom you have and what they're capable of.  If you're OK with recruitable character spoilers, do remember that we have a wiki that lists whom you can get, what they're capable of, and how to get them.

I would suggest trying to figure out the boss' affinities. Attempting to pound away at their strong points kills your damage output, and finding an ailment that they're weak against is a giant leap towards victory in this game.

Monkeypro257

« Reply #809 on: November 14, 2013, 02:47:16 AM »
I'll just see what I can do, but for now I will try battling with Utsuho. I have all the characters all the way up to floor 9. (So I have everyone that I can get for now)

EDIT: That Utsuho thing really worked! O_O She took away a lot of damage to Tenshi compared to Rumia! (Still best to bring in her just for the occasion.)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 05:05:08 AM by Hard-To-Destroy-Reptile »