Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 11F  (Read 280054 times)

jaxter0987

• Umiiro Shoujo ni Miserarete
  • Umi is love, Umi is life
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 11F
« Reply #600 on: September 13, 2013, 10:23:27 PM »
So usually the banning draft ends up with two people being as sadistic as they can to each other to try to get the other guy to quit (or get stuck and have to quit) before you do. Tried this in LoT1 with a friend and managed to gimp him with no status removal... but he managed to beat me in the end =,=

So how it works is this: we have Player A and Player B
Player A has first ban/pick

Player A bans
Spoiler:
Suika
and
Spoiler:
Byakuren
Player B bans
Spoiler:
Yukari
and
Spoiler:
Komachi

Player A picks
Spoiler:
Satori
Player B picks
Spoiler:
Yuuka
Player A picks
Spoiler:
Shikieiki
Player B picks
Spoiler:
Rumia

Player B now has first ban/pick

(4 bans)
(4 picks)

Player A now has first ban/pick

(4 bans)
(6 picks)
The draft is more like:
Player A bans Reimu.
Player B bans Marisa.
Player A bans Rinnosuke.
Player B bans Keine.

Player A picks Momiji.
Player B picks Kogasa.

It's alternating bans as well as alternating picks. For something like this to be really fun, you'd have to know what the other person's play style is like and make your choices to hinder that play style. Of course banning and picking OP characters is always a strategy to have.

I might even put my synergy run on hold while I do my other normal run with characters I haven't tried before. I definitely need insight on those characters before trying something like this.

Also, videos for 12F boss fights if anyone actually cares:
Link

Link

Link

Sahgren

« Reply #601 on: September 13, 2013, 10:27:36 PM »
If you're alternating picks, then my earlier complaint goes out the window. Though I guess you could just work it out with the person you're drafting against whether you're doing ban two then alternating picking or picking one then banning one.

For extra screwing-people-over-ness, we could try Hard mode draft without NG+. Just lock the other person into being stuck with just Rinnosuke until 7F.  :V

Edit:
Also, videos for 12F boss fights if anyone actually cares:
Link

Link

Link

Huh, I remember all three of those being fairly difficult the first time I went through.
Spoiler:
Those were all pretty anti-climactic
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 10:50:55 PM by Sahgren »

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
« Reply #602 on: September 14, 2013, 12:06:18 AM »
Made it to 17F today, but I'll need to do some clean up work in mapping out everything I missed around 14 & 15F.

On the plus side, added three new characters to my roster.

First off,
Spoiler:
Yuyuko
.  Went into the fight with basically no preparations and managed to take her out on my first go.  Besides that lovely opener and maybe one or two other moves, she didn't pose much trouble for me.

Now
Spoiler:
Yukari
...how in the hell did I win this fight on my second try?  This was with preparations to boot.  The last 10-15% of her hp was basically a combination of repeated
Spoiler:
IN Quadruple Barrier
spam (As in 3 turns straight spam). her practically forgetting she had nukes that by all means should have completely destroyed what remains were left of my party with those buffs, and somehow managing to take her last batch of hp out with a team of
Spoiler:
Meiling
, Minoriko (who was basically holding the entire group together by herself with her heals), Reimu, and
Spoiler:
Kasen
, two of the four basically being the only ones able to do any notable damage (Giving Reimu the Enchanter subclass was a good idea I believe for the atk/mag buff).

Final character I got after running through most of 16F to see if I could find a way to where I wanted to go, couldn't, ended up going to 15F, finding a trapdoor to a small area on 14F, and getting the last item I needed in that small area? 
Spoiler:
Byakuren
.  About damn time, heh.  She's staying in my party forever now thank you very much.

Character levels running around the upper 50s-lower 60s.
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

jaxter0987

« Reply #603 on: September 14, 2013, 01:12:50 AM »
Edit:
Huh, I remember all three of those being fairly difficult the first time I went through.
Spoiler:
Those were all pretty anti-climactic
I don't know if its RNG being generous lately or what but
Spoiler:
the Magatama never used the move that reduced your HP to one, Tenshi rarely ever used Violent Motherland (I've redone her boss battle multiple times to get all her drops), and the Mirror was just a joke compared to what I went through the first time around.

Maybe I'll see the difficulty later on 16F, 18F and the 20F bosses but in general, the game seems easier compared to what the patch notes had stated:
"Changed some boss abilities. Some became stronger, some weaker. Overall stronger."
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 01:19:24 AM by jaxter0987 »

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #604 on: September 14, 2013, 01:53:10 AM »
Kinda wish I didn't save over my file so I could show how broken Diva Aya is. Instead I'll just describe it.

Spoiler:
So, 18F Boss, 3 orbs. Annoyed me at first cause trying to time switches was difficult. I decided I'll try Diva Aya for ATB Manipulation. At first it was a bit unsuccessful since I still had her base MP Recovery, so I was getting 4 back, meaning I'd eventually run out unless I only spammed Dance of the Cochlea and Concentrate each time. Obviously needed to change that, so I gave Aya a Yogurt Doll for +1 MP Recovery, along with more Maximum MP. Now I was getting 6 back, which was perfect. To be safe, I gave her more MP with 2 Lilies Pant, so now I have a total of 26. I go into battle, and I see it start to work...but I want Aya to be faster as I feel it will be more effective....plus I forgot to put the level up bonuses into AGI...whoops.

Luckily, because I've been fighting bosses at below average level(Been carrying 3 level 1s, now 2, since I decided to boost up Rinnosuke), and opening all the chests available, I had 23 Swiftness Gems. I fed Aya 10, put the bonus points into AGI, and...an error popped up...Aya's AGI hit 404.  Sorry I like to include that joke

Battle starts, I focus on buffing Agility for everyone and trying to prevent the 3 Orbs from attacking. It works until I used Concentrate, thinking Aya would get a turn before they could attack, and Reverse Time hits everyone. Since my frontline was Komachi, Rinnosuke, Aya, and Eiki, I was a bit worried for 2 of them, specifically Aya and Eiki. Well Eiki died, Aya managed to survive, and Rinnosuke..died. Komachi just looked around fanning herself as the breeze passed by.

So I manage to get in 2 of my other characters, Kasen and Suika. The Canopy was my first target. I decided to be a bit more cautious this time. My main concern was the Reverse Time. If I saw him get around 7500 ATB, Aya would be the Diva she is and reduce the ATBs.  Thankfully with all that MP Recovery from Concentrate, I could spare a turn or 2 to fill someone's ATB instantly. Well worth it too since I could get some damage off and not worry about Aya running too low on MP. If Komachi got a turn, Narrow Confines of Avici were used for Forward Time. Eventually, I killed off the Canopy. The Orbs never got another turn in.

Normally I should go for Forward Time right? I went for Reverse. Why? Well Forward had nearly -50% AGI. He wouldn't be a threat. So my focus went to Reverse, then Forward, especially since with Forward, I could get more attacks in before needing to Diva it up.

And that's my story.

jaxter0987

« Reply #605 on: September 14, 2013, 01:56:54 AM »
Time to test out Diva seriously now...

Edit: Ok, I'm never using this setup ever. This is beyond broken... Aya had Orb of Earithin and Astral Dominae equiped, giving her a total of 5 MP recovery.
I also dumped all Level up Bonuses onto Aya and gave her two Meteor Drives for her other two sub equips, giving her a grand total of 716 Speed. Final Boss never got to do anything.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 02:41:52 AM by jaxter0987 »

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #606 on: September 14, 2013, 02:39:11 AM »
Time to test out Diva seriously now...

Edit: Ok, I'm never using this setup ever. This is beyond broken...

You ain't just whistling dixies. Warning: 16F Spoilers

Tempted to make a video of this, but I don't know if I have the space for it.

jaxter0987

« Reply #607 on: September 14, 2013, 02:52:50 AM »
You ain't just whistling dixies. Warning: 16F Spoilers

Tempted to make a video of this, but I don't know if I have the space for it.
I wouldn't make a video of it. Its not that hard to figure out how you can abuse it once you actually bother resetting Aya's stats (I'm guilty of this...) and even if it was, I wouldn't go around spreading this anyway. Endgame Hardmode is a joke with this.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 03:29:21 AM by jaxter0987 »

« Reply #608 on: September 14, 2013, 04:15:39 AM »
Where are the Abilities/Diva/Gambler subclasses found, anyway?

Sahgren

« Reply #609 on: September 14, 2013, 04:43:00 AM »
There are Proof items you can find that unlock the subclasses once you get them. I can't remember where I picked them up though; I should probably note where I got each of them if/when I do another play through and add their locations to the wiki.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #610 on: September 14, 2013, 04:48:57 AM »
There are Proof items you can find that unlock the subclasses once you get them. I can't remember where I picked them up though; I should probably note where I got each of them if/when I do another play through and add their locations to the wiki.
they're on the wiki already though, in the subclasses descriptions on their page
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #611 on: September 14, 2013, 04:56:45 AM »
they're on the wiki already though, in the subclasses descriptions on their page

Oh! Sorry, I didn't think to check back there. I'll go look now.

Sahgren

« Reply #612 on: September 14, 2013, 05:22:53 AM »
I wasn't expecting it, but abusing the Diva class actually made me feel bad. I don't think I'll be doing that again. Ever.

Really? Nevermind then...

Murakumo

« Reply #613 on: September 14, 2013, 08:54:42 AM »
Idea to do Hard Mode OHKO run just hit my head. I hope it would be interesting and wonder, who'll be first boss which I can't mastersparkbeat in one hit.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 09:01:51 AM by Murakumo »

Wymar

• ⑨⑨
  • Apathy is a powerful mehtivator.
« Reply #614 on: September 14, 2013, 09:50:53 AM »
Well the first boss with major Mystic affinity that comes to mind is... 6F, I think?

Murakumo

« Reply #615 on: September 14, 2013, 01:15:16 PM »
That will be Komachi. I was able to wipe everything on 1-3 floors (even Kaguya and Wasp, who has Mystic resist, were one-shotted by Parsee).

Komachi has too much HP for any nuke I has. Master Spark does only 13K to her and Parsee should be able to do almost the same amount of damage.

Gesh86

• Buddha may forgive you...
  • but Byakuren won't!
« Reply #616 on: September 14, 2013, 02:01:49 PM »
I had an absurdly lucky victory against 15F
Spoiler:
You-carry
today. 
Spoiler:
Suika
was my only survivor at the end, 1 HP, no MP and she had to take out the last sliver of her health with a regular attack. Too bad I don't have a video or screenshot of it  :(.

It may sound like I was having trouble, but the try where I won was actually supposed to be my "getting-to-know-her"-run. I don't spoil myself before these encounters and just try to analyze what I can myself first. So as close as the fight had been, that just proves that it is as easy as I heard it was, as the group I used was still optimized for the
Spoiler:
Azure Blue Giant. Guess Ms. Gap is  getting old and rusty...

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #617 on: September 14, 2013, 05:36:05 PM »
Any idea what to do about the
Spoiler:
Magatama of Amber Fangs
that bastard is being  a prick.  :derp:
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 05:38:52 PM by MewMewHeart »
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Sahgren

« Reply #618 on: September 14, 2013, 05:49:42 PM »
What part are you having trouble at? Its
Spoiler:
AoE HP cutting attacks or its 33% You-Have-1-HP?
All I can really say in general is that the fight forces you to know how to safely switch your damage dealers in and out while keeping your heavier characters alive through the AoE.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #619 on: September 14, 2013, 05:58:51 PM »
What part are you having trouble at? Its
Spoiler:
AoE HP cutting attacks or its 33% You-Have-1-HP?
All I can really say in general is that the fight forces you to know how to safely switch your damage dealers in and out while keeping your heavier characters alive through the AoE.
Both parts.
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Sahgren

« Reply #620 on: September 14, 2013, 07:14:25 PM »
I guess to be a bit more specific,
Spoiler:
try having a front line mainly composed of characters that are bulky enough to reliably survive an AoE or two and switch in one or two attackers at a time when it's safe. It's especially helpful to have them be supporty buffers/healers to buff your attackers up while they're out. Jax's video should provide a good example of that. Though I suggest saving Marisa' Master Spark for skipping the final portion of the fight where it reduces everone's health to 1 rather than popping it early.

Its only AoE that doesn't deal percentage health damage is Wind, so Wind resist gear on the people you intend to keep out will help.

« Reply #621 on: September 14, 2013, 09:13:58 PM »
Hello!
Im new here, and i need some help with this game. I've downloaded the LoT2 from the offical website, and it works well, however i dont know whether its the demo or the actual version im playing with. Where can i download the latest patch?  :( Also i dont understand the japanese language, is there an english patch that can be downloaded? I dont want to bother you guys, but i loved LoT1, and i dont want to read the whole thread, because i dont want to be spoiled.

Thanks!  :)

Sahgren

« Reply #622 on: September 14, 2013, 10:53:25 PM »
Hello!
Im new here, and i need some help with this game. I've downloaded the LoT2 from the offical website, and it works well, however i dont know whether its the demo or the actual version im playing with. Where can i download the latest patch?  :( Also i dont understand the japanese language, is there an english patch that can be downloaded? I dont want to bother you guys, but i loved LoT1, and i dont want to read the whole thread, because i dont want to be spoiled.

Thanks!  :)

The LoT2 download from the official website is just a demo. It'll only let you get up to floor 6, so you'll need to purchase a copy for ~$20 if you want to continue onward. You'll have to go to a website such as MelonbooksDL or DLSite, or ask N-Forza to ship you a physical copy if you want to purchase a copy.

The latest patch is on the main site. You can always find a link on the first post of the thread.

The latest translation patch can be found here. It's still a work in progress, so expect mistranslations, overflowing text, untranslated text, and the like.

dawnbomb

• Adventurer
« Reply #623 on: September 15, 2013, 01:49:43 AM »
for the draft/ban considering how banning is meant to stop the opponents run from doing something, would it not be logical to also draft/ban subclasses?

opponent takes no mage characters and you ban warrior subclass, lol.

Also, i assume these would be hard mode runs, yes?
There's no way I could love anyone
but i wish to be loved by someone in return

jaxter0987

« Reply #624 on: September 15, 2013, 01:54:46 AM »
I guess to be a bit more specific,
Spoiler:
try having a front line mainly composed of characters that are bulky enough to reliably survive an AoE or two and switch in one or two attackers at a time when it's safe. It's especially helpful to have them be supporty buffers/healers to buff your attackers up while they're out. Jax's video should provide a good example of that. Though I suggest saving Marisa' Master Spark for skipping the final portion of the fight where it reduces everone's health to 1 rather than popping it early.

Its only AoE that doesn't deal percentage health damage is Wind, so Wind resist gear on the people you intend to keep out will help.
Meh, I really should have saved Master Spark rather than using it like that but I was feeling confident in surviving since I debuffed its Magic and Attack a good deal.
for the draft/ban considering how banning is meant to stop the opponents run from doing something, would it not be logical to also draft/ban subclasses?

opponent takes no mage characters and you ban warrior subclass, lol.

Also, i assume these would be hard mode runs, yes?
Banning Aya would stop the opponent from getting a free turn at the beginning of every encounter. Banning Reimu would stop the opponent having access to a strong muti-target heal and defensive buff. Banning Keine would get rid of a decent multi-target attack buff and her defense buff as well as her skills. It's already enough to limit the player from having access to certain skills a given character has.

Banning subclasses is just stupid. "I'm going to ban nearly all the beginning sub classes so you don't get to use any til 8F, derp." Though I guess Diva is auto banned since it literally trivializes every boss after you get the subclass. Even without Aya, there's enough characters with Instant Attack and Form Change affecting skills that its still broken.

Yes these are Hardmode runs.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 02:06:56 AM by jaxter0987 »

Murakumo

« Reply #625 on: September 15, 2013, 09:18:02 AM »
By using gems, manuals and high-level items I was able to do 19K Master Spark vs Komachi without overleveling and abusing Voile. Just 3K to OHKO

« Reply #626 on: September 15, 2013, 09:27:26 AM »
The LoT2 download from the official website is just a demo. It'll only let you get up to floor 6, so you'll need to purchase a copy for ~$20 if you want to continue onward. You'll have to go to a website such as MelonbooksDL or DLSite, or ask N-Forza to ship you a physical copy if you want to purchase a copy.

The latest patch is on the main site. You can always find a link on the first post of the thread.

The latest translation patch can be found here. It's still a work in progress, so expect mistranslations, overflowing text, untranslated text, and the like.

Thanks! :) Looks like i finally have to spend my money, but it will worth it.

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #627 on: September 15, 2013, 01:29:11 PM »
Does anyone know what this 10F event does?  http://i.imgur.com/6lZem21.jpg
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

« Reply #628 on: September 15, 2013, 01:50:12 PM »
Does anyone know what this 10F event does?  http://i.imgur.com/6lZem21.jpg

pretty sure that is the start of a series of events which ultimately leads to
Spoiler:
Flandre
on 12F

not 100% sure though so if anyone knows better pls correct me

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #629 on: September 15, 2013, 06:19:52 PM »