Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 11F  (Read 279999 times)

Wymar

• ⑨⑨
  • Apathy is a powerful mehtivator.
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 11F
« Reply #540 on: September 11, 2013, 07:56:35 AM »
Add two for every affinity/resistance table you put in.
It's only one table, so increasing the number by one is completely enough.

jaxter0987

• Umiiro Shoujo ni Miserarete
  • Umi is love, Umi is life
« Reply #541 on: September 11, 2013, 08:59:40 AM »
Finally done adding affinities and resistances to all the bosses. I'm sure I've made some mistakes so I was glad when I saw that Wymar went and fixed some of them. Still need to eventually write up notes for the Final Boss at some point...
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 12:24:56 PM by jaxter0987 »

Wymar

• ⑨⑨
« Reply #542 on: September 11, 2013, 09:01:50 AM »

« Reply #543 on: September 11, 2013, 10:10:25 AM »
Spoiler:
This one is about Eirin's Hourai Elixir, and it's actually more than one question.

1) What does leveling up said spell card actually do? The notes say that it does not benefit from leveling, but I'm kind of curious as to what leveling up the spell actually does. Because if it actually did do nothing, then why even leave the option to increase its level?

2) The notes for the spell say that the "Efficient Treatment" skill will not affect this spell. Would the "Devoted Care" skill still work on this spell when it cures a status ailment? Because if so, then Hourai Elixir can be boosted to heal 75% of a target's HP under certain circumstances, yes? (Thinking of a combo of Eirin + Remilia's Curse of Vlad Tepes for maximum chances at effectiveness)
The game is incomplete in a lot of areas, removing pointless stuff is probably low on the priority list.  Labyrinth 1 still has Evasion and several items that do nothing but increase it.

Also, if you have a question that's easily tested it's probably faster to test it yourself and then put your results up so nobody needs to ask the next time.  That's what the wiki is for, really.

Never again.
I'm not quite sure what's going on there but it hurts to look at.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 10:51:27 AM by Fishin »

Wymar

• ⑨⑨
« Reply #544 on: September 11, 2013, 10:15:46 AM »
Basically the game thought it was on 14F whereas it awctually was on 15F. You'll notice that the map corresponds with 14F, but the parts that are actually explored and events are those of 15F.

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #545 on: September 11, 2013, 02:34:32 PM »
Spoiler:
Yeesh, I'm starting to feel like some of the boss fights, specifically the Touhou character ones you get after you hit 13F, are easier in comparison to the Non-Touhou bosses. Only exception might be Yukari, and even then I managed to find a strat for her. And I'm only using 9 characters + 3 Drop Rates/Money/EXP mules.

Sahgren

« Reply #546 on: September 11, 2013, 02:37:30 PM »
It's only one table, so increasing the number by one is completely enough.

Actually, the LoT2 Resistances object on the wiki creates two. One for affinities and a second for resistances. The wiki lets you get away with just adding one column if you're only calling it once since they're a pair, but it starts pushing extra pairs of tables off to the side if you call LoT2 multiple times and only add one for each one.

Edit: That's assuming you're putting them all on the same row. If you're creating different rows for different tables, then it doesn't matter whether you add one or two.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 02:41:05 PM by Sahgren »

« Reply #547 on: September 11, 2013, 03:11:58 PM »
Got another question, but I'll have to use spoiler tags for this.

Spoiler:
2) The notes for the spell say that the "Efficient Treatment" skill will not affect this spell. Would the "Devoted Care" skill still work on this spell when it cures a status ailment? Because if so, then Hourai Elixir can be boosted to heal 75% of a target's HP under certain circumstances, yes? (Thinking of a combo of Eirin + Remilia's Curse of Vlad Tepes for maximum chances at effectiveness)

did some quick tests with it since I was bored...
I reset both
Spoiler:
Eirin and Remilia
for the first 2 tests

so if you have
Spoiler:
Eirin
as a dedicated Healer you should always consider whether to heal someone with
Spoiler:
Hourai Elixir
or Prayer of Recovery

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #548 on: September 11, 2013, 03:14:59 PM »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Wymar

• ⑨⑨
« Reply #549 on: September 11, 2013, 03:37:14 PM »
Actually, the LoT2 Resistances object on the wiki creates two. One for affinities and a second for resistances.
Nnnope, still one table. I was lazy and instead of making two different tables I just made them into one single table with the middle column staying empty.

Also, <div> tags.

Sahgren

« Reply #550 on: September 11, 2013, 03:41:02 PM »
Huh, weird. Still, the wiki shoves extra tables in the same row off to the side if you don't add two for each table after the first one. I know it's a moot point considering how the wiki is laid out now, but that's consistently what's happening when I put 2+ tables back to back.

Wymar

• ⑨⑨
« Reply #551 on: September 11, 2013, 03:57:58 PM »
So it does. Hmm.

nyttyn

• Drill baby drill!
« Reply #552 on: September 11, 2013, 08:05:07 PM »
So I've just started playing Labryinth of Touhou, after finally tracking down a copy (my poor wallet), and I've gotten mostly used to the mechanics, but I've got two question if anyone minds answering them: 1. Should I start with a new file entirely, or a new file plus? 2. Any characters I should embrace/stay away from as a first time player?

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #553 on: September 11, 2013, 08:34:29 PM »
Spoiler:
Hourai Elixir + Devoted Care + Efficient Treatment (Note: Eff. Treatment doesn't add anything)

That's odd, when I did this, it didn't heal like that. Oh wait, I know what my problem was. The game doesn't count removing debuffs as removing an ailment.
I finally got my first Normal 1cc. ReimuA, TD.
I have a noob stream now. Mostly Touhou, fangames, Warframe and League of Legends.
Currently playing: Nothing until ESO is out.

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
« Reply #554 on: September 11, 2013, 10:03:18 PM »
Current status...finally got all events cleared for
Spoiler:
Yuuka
and took her out this morning.  Really fast plus the fact her focus meant whatever was coming next was going to likely get my entire team killed, but between Hina,
Spoiler:
Remilia
, and a little extra punch from
Spoiler:
Alice & Patchy
, she hit the floor before it could go off.

Right now, gotta finish exploring 14F & 15F and get a few treasures.

Also, one more thing to find and I can finally get
Spoiler:
Byakuren
.  Can't wait for that!
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Murakumo

« Reply #555 on: September 12, 2013, 04:32:54 AM »
Recrtuited all 12 members of my team and reached 16F.

Spoiler:
Yuuka
with her passive selfbuffs, teamheal and extra attacks was great vs
Spoiler:
Yukari
bossfight.
Spoiler:
15F Demon
fight was hard but tanking Momiji-Minoriko duo prevailed. Momiji has passive skill that render all boss buffs useless which was great.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 04:38:28 AM by Murakumo »

dawnbomb

• Adventurer
« Reply #556 on: September 12, 2013, 04:57:04 AM »
So I've just started playing Labryinth of Touhou, after finally tracking down a copy (my poor wallet), and I've gotten mostly used to the mechanics, but I've got two question if anyone minds answering them: 1. Should I start with a new file entirely, or a new file plus? 2. Any characters I should embrace/stay away from as a first time player?

for LoT1 putting points into characters you won't keep can be pretty wasteful. Characters would keep for pretty much everything from the start simply due to their usefulness would me reimu, marisa, china, patchy, and minoriko. at about 1/3rd of the game Ran also appears, who appears useless, but can actually effect the entire party (meaning including the back characters), making her a huge worthwhile cash dump.

Boosting marisa and patchys magic, TP, and SP high can let you them 1 shot most mobs for the entire game and focus on exploring, and only worry about bosses. For good measure giving them speed to help them go first before the rest of the party helps well, speed things up so you don't have to tell everyone to focus every battle untill their turn.

final tip is stats are EASILY manipulable by just pouring your money into them, and evasion is broke in LoT1 and no moves in the game can actually miss.
There's no way I could love anyone
but i wish to be loved by someone in return

jaxter0987

« Reply #557 on: September 12, 2013, 07:19:15 AM »
If you're a first time player, you definitely should start with a new file entirely. I don't care what argument people will give you about using a "good" team that you'll stick with the entire game. Part of the fun is honestly acquiring the characters the normal way (though you'll probably have to look up how to get some of them), and messing around with team composition as you go. You'll eventually notice that some characters are better than others for accomplishing specific tasks. This would be where you make the final decisions as ultimately, you could go through the game with your favorite characters regardless of whether or not they're the most "optimal" for the team composition.

One thing I should mention is that you shouldn't dump all your Skill Points into your current team. You'll likely be making changes to your team composition as you go along so you should always have some "savings" if you will, to prepare for the eventual changes. That said, your initial cast of characters plus Meiling are great characters to keep for a majority of the game. You might end up dropping some of them down the road, but Reimu and Marisa are ALWAYS useful to keep investing in. Marisa's Master Spark is used in pretty much all end game boss fights and Reimu's group healing and group buffing abilities are a god send.

In short, start a new file and play through the game normally. There are no characters you should stay away from as ultimately, you pick the characters based on your play style. If it wasn't obvious enough from my last paragraph, Reimu and Marisa would be characters to embrace. Contrary to what Dawn seems to think, there are no useless characters. It all depends on how you want to play and who you want to play with.

And yeah Evasion is a broken stat, don't invest in it.

Also what version are you playing? (I'm assuming Special Disk 3.01 but just asking to be sure.)

Edit: Also, you should probably find a CharaGraph folder to replace the game's art as its hilariously bad.
Here's mine. I took some art from Touhou Pocket Wars EVO and edited them so that they'd work in game, though obviously you could make your own CharaGraph folder as I've done with mine.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 07:32:46 AM by jaxter0987 »

« Reply #558 on: September 12, 2013, 09:26:04 AM »
Personally I think Marisa is pretty garbage past the first 10 floors or so, except for a few specific instances, but some people love her, so you can pretty much do whatever.

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
« Reply #559 on: September 12, 2013, 11:42:47 AM »
did some quick tests with it since I was bored...
I reset both
Spoiler:
Eirin and Remilia
for the first 2 tests

so if you have
Spoiler:
Eirin
as a dedicated Healer you should always consider whether to heal someone with
Spoiler:
Hourai Elixir
or Prayer of Recovery

And if you add the "High Level Treatment" + "Devoted Care" combo into the mix(which would give a 50/50 chance of adding 25% of the target's Max HP on top of what Prayer of Recovery already does), well...

It may not be the old version of
Spoiler:
Hourai Elixir
in terms of healing power, but damn it if it isn't powerful in its own right. In fact, it make you wonder why
Spoiler:
Eirin
even has
Spoiler:
Hourai Elixir
in the first place. At least when it was bugged before to give additional stat based healing on top of it's own effect, it gave you a reason to not neglect
Spoiler:
Eirin's
Magic stat...

There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #560 on: September 12, 2013, 12:33:45 PM »
Personally I think Marisa is pretty garbage past the first 10 floors or so, except for a few specific instances, but some people love her, so you can pretty much do whatever.
in LoT1, I agree

She only has MYS, and like half of the enemies (-and- bosses) in the game resist MYS, and after the game really gets going the only move she has for boss fights is Master Spark, which you can't exactly use much. Yes, her burst DPS is higher then anyone else, which gives her a niche use, but the majority of the time her slot sits around being useless in a boss fight... and randoms just have too many MYS-resisting enemies. (She's definitely not a bad character though, so if you want to use her go right on ahead!)
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #561 on: September 12, 2013, 01:10:15 PM »
For Labyrinth of Touhou 1, I just loved how you could use Skill Points for SP/MP. Generally, I made my team so that I could use strong characters for a little more than 1 turn without switching them out. And because Marisa, you pretty much always use her for 1-2 turns(lol concentration) after floor 10+, I didn't have her in my team. lol It's too bad LoT2 isn't the same... But then again, I can only imagine how broken the game would be if there was an option like that, so maybe it's better this way xD

It all just depends on seeing the characters, finding what good and bad things they have and then choosing a strategy to make your team. All characters are good if used correctly.

« Reply #562 on: September 12, 2013, 02:02:41 PM »
And if you add the "High Level Treatment" + "Devoted Care" combo into the mix(which would give a 50/50 chance of adding 25% of the target's Max HP on top of what Prayer of Recovery already does), well...

It may not be the old version of
Spoiler:
Hourai Elixir
in terms of healing power, but damn it if it isn't powerful in its own right. In fact, it make you wonder why
Spoiler:
Eirin
even has
Spoiler:
Hourai Elixir
in the first place. At least when it was bugged before to give additional stat based healing on top of it's own effect, it gave you a reason to not neglect
Spoiler:
Eirin's
Magic stat...

I actually tried that but it seems like High-Level Treatment doesn't trigger when using Prayer of Recovery, it only works when you use Prayer of Good Health (second spell you learn from Healer subclass which only cures ailments)

Spoiler:
Hourai Elixir
will still be useful in some situations I guess...

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #563 on: September 12, 2013, 04:53:25 PM »
Since I can't my hands on a LoT2 copy no matter what I do, here's a question for the people playing:

Spoiler:
Is Sakuya's Private Square as good as Renko's Galaxy Stop in the first game?

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
  • I feed on your tears...
« Reply #564 on: September 12, 2013, 05:38:33 PM »
Since I can't my hands on a LoT2 copy no matter what I do, here's a question for the people playing:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
I dont really know how Renko's spell Par effect proc in the first game, but for Sakuya's Private Square, it cannot miss and will inflict to basically anything (as far as I could test, it was affecting the last boss so Im guessing it can affect anything). It doesnt have a spd debuff to it and the par is very weak, and it doesnt deal damage. So, while it can be nice to delay the enemy a bit, its not that effective imo. You're better off using Yuyuko who can reduce the ATB bar with her first and third spell if you really want to delay someone.
I stared into the abyss, and the abyss didn't stare back. Even the void doesn't want to be my friend :(

Now working with Touhou-Online in French

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #565 on: September 12, 2013, 06:35:23 PM »

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
100% PAR rate, but only of 2000 or so... compared to a PAR that was hindered by ailment resist, but if it did land it usually lasted long enough for Renko to get 2+ turns. The SPD debuff was also very useful. Galaxy Stop is superior, IMO.

« Reply #566 on: September 12, 2013, 07:46:08 PM »
wow, it took me the whole day to beat the 2 "Mid-Bosses" and
Spoiler:
Tenshi
on 12F...Hard.Mode btw
These Fights were just ridiculous and without
Spoiler:
Nitori and Eiki
it would have been impossible seeing as all my other dmg dealers did no dmg at all

also been playing around with the final boss and found a super cheesy strat, should work on Hard too, will make a video as soon as I am on 20F with my Hard save file

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #567 on: September 12, 2013, 08:10:09 PM »
Hmm... I'm stuck on who to pick on 10F
Spoiler:
Kanako or Suwako
?

Spoiler:
I've used Suwako alot on LoT1 due to her PAR and Nature Nuke, Kanako I've used her here and there on LoT1, she was helpful against Utsuho on LoT1, but now since LoT2 changed it up for me, I'm wondering who to use? Kanako or Suwako, like what are the pros and cons for them now. I know Suwako is squishy, but Kanako um... any ideas?
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

jaxter0987

« Reply #568 on: September 12, 2013, 10:24:32 PM »

Spoiler:
They fulfill different roles. To answer your question though, no I don't think so. Granted, I haven't actually used it in practice but from a pure numbers standpoint, I think its inferior.
Hmm... I'm stuck on who to pick on 10F
Spoiler:
Kanako or Suwako
?

Spoiler:
I've used Suwako alot on LoT1 due to her PAR and Nature Nuke, Kanako I've used her here and there on LoT1, she was helpful against Utsuho on LoT1, but now since LoT2 changed it up for me, I'm wondering who to use? Kanako or Suwako, like what are the pros and cons for them now. I know Suwako is squishy, but Kanako um... any ideas?
I ended up picking
Spoiler:
Kanako
first because I needed
Spoiler:
someone a bit more bulky earlier on considering I had so many squishy mages.
You end up getting both of them anyway, its just the matter of who you want to have first for 10F, 11F and the first part of 12F.
also been playing around with the final boss and found a super cheesy strat, should work on Hard too, will make a video as soon as I am on 20F with my Hard save file
I'm still trying to figure out why peope call the Diva subclass broken. I'm having trouble finding a way to abuse it. It's not like I'd end up using the strategy anyway even if/ when I figure it out unless 21F and 22F demand it for some reason.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #569 on: September 12, 2013, 10:31:25 PM »
Spoiler:
Kanako
first because I needed
Spoiler:
someone a bit more bulky earlier on considering I had so many squishy mages.
You end up getting both of them anyway, its just the matter of who you want to have first for 10F, 11F and the first part of 12F.I'm still trying to figure out why peope call the Diva subclass broken. I'm having trouble finding a way to abuse it. It's not like I'd end up using the strategy anyway even if/ when I figure it out unless 21F and 22F demand it for some reason.

Hmm...
Spoiler:
Kanako
it is then. Thanks Jax.  :ohdear:
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?