Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 11F  (Read 280006 times)

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 11F
« Reply #510 on: September 10, 2013, 01:58:33 AM »
http://www.mediafire.com/?99t12rwon6fs2na

Updated English exe for 1.141

Yes, I know there are tons of formatting issues. I'll worry about those later.

Also, if you see any enemy attacks that are in Japanese, please write down the name or just take a screenshot if you can't type Japanese and post it in here. Those are the single most annoying thing to test, so I want a complete list of what's missing as soon as possible. Thank you.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #511 on: September 10, 2013, 02:09:41 AM »
Thanks, Qaz we'll check it out.
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #512 on: September 10, 2013, 03:21:17 AM »
http://www.mediafire.com/?99t12rwon6fs2na

Updated English exe for 1.141

Yes, I know there are tons of formatting issues. I'll worry about those later.

Also, if you see any enemy attacks that are in Japanese, please write down the name or just take a screenshot if you can't type Japanese and post it in here. Those are the single most annoying thing to test, so I want a complete list of what's missing as soon as possible. Thank you.
Thanks for the early patch. I have less free time now, but since I've started a synergy run I'll see what I can do.

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #513 on: September 10, 2013, 06:23:56 AM »
Started a NG+ Hard Mode (I play this game too much) to see how that goes. My party right now is Reimu, Rinnosuke, Youmu, Parsee, Chen, Kasen,
Spoiler:
Hina, Sanae, Eiki, Remilia, Mokou and Tenshi.
I'm only going to use Komachi for grinding (dat money skill) and I'm not using
Spoiler:
Byakuren or Suika
at all.

Dark damage renders the first few bosses a joke. Youmu was murdered by Kasen and Parsee, and Kaguya didn't fare any better. The 2F FOE gave me a bit of trouble but
Spoiler:
Eiki and Hina
ended up being his undoing. Only on 3F right now, not looking forward to the Komachi fight, but I have a feeling
Spoiler:
Mokou with her 120 DTH resist
will be a god sent. Feeling the squeeze of the Viole limit, though; I have a tendency to pick a stat on a character and overlevel it to unreal levels.

Main goal is to use Parsee the whole game. For no other reason than I really like her art and the VFX on her moves. With Ability to Manipulate Jealousy, she works well with Kasen (terror and debuffs) and
Spoiler:
Hina
(lots and lots of debuffs). Will it be well enough, I wonder.

E:
Spoiler:
Holy shit, Eiki's Rod of Remorse procs when she misses. Excellent!
E2: And here comes Komachi with Dark resist. Still beat her, but it was uncomfortably close.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 08:48:15 AM by ViciousYukkuri »
I finally got my first Normal 1cc. ReimuA, TD.
I have a noob stream now. Mostly Touhou, fangames, Warframe and League of Legends.
Currently playing: Nothing until ESO is out.

« Reply #514 on: September 10, 2013, 11:08:49 AM »
Started a NG+ Hard Mode (I play this game too much) to see how that goes. My party right now is Reimu, Rinnosuke, Youmu, Parsee, Chen, Kasen,
Spoiler:

You should consider adding
Spoiler:
Reisen
to your party since she has that skill which lowers an enemy's ailment resistance since you'll be needing it for bosses with high resistances to ailments.

jaxter0987

• Umiiro Shoujo ni Miserarete
  • Umi is love, Umi is life
« Reply #515 on: September 10, 2013, 12:15:56 PM »
Spoiler:
I'm only going to use Komachi for grinding (dat money skill) and I'm not using
Spoiler:
Byakuren or Suika
at all.

Dark damage renders the first few bosses a joke. Youmu was murdered by Kasen and Parsee, and Kaguya didn't fare any better. The 2F FOE gave me a bit of trouble but
Spoiler:
Eiki and Hina
ended up being his undoing. Only on 3F right now, not looking forward to the Komachi fight, but I have a feeling
Spoiler:
Mokou with her 120 DTH resist
will be a god sent. Feeling the squeeze of the Viole limit, though; I have a tendency to pick a stat on a character and overlevel it to unreal levels.

Main goal is to use Parsee the whole game. For no other reason than I really like her art and the VFX on her moves. With Ability to Manipulate Jealousy, she works well with Kasen (terror and debuffs) and
Spoiler:
Hina
(lots and lots of debuffs). Will it be well enough, I wonder.

E:
Spoiler:
Holy shit, Eiki's Rod of Remorse procs when she misses. Excellent!
E2: And here comes Komachi with Dark resist. Still beat her, but it was uncomfortably close.
Wow I didn't recognize you with the new avatar. I'll likely be starting a new normal game just playing characters that I haven't played with whenever I finish my synergy run.
I haven't played with Hina, Parsee, Nitori, Kasen, Mokou,
Spoiler:
Yuyuko, Yukari, Tenshi, Iku, Ran, Yuuka, and Yuugi

Edit: Finally got back to my synergy run.
Spoiler:
Sakuya and Remilia were a lot easier than I remembered. I also did not realize that Blood Drain takes 50% of Sakuya's current HP though its kind of obvious now that I think about it. I might have to consider revising the bit on the wiki about killing Sakuya first.
Link
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 03:46:35 PM by jaxter0987 »

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #516 on: September 10, 2013, 05:56:26 PM »
Hmm, you did very well on that fight, good job. But since you saw that when recording you had like, 30-40FPS at times, why didn't you disable visual effects from the options? Maybe you'll need some getting used to it but for the most part you'll have 60FPS.

« Reply #517 on: September 10, 2013, 06:09:29 PM »
Anyone else find
Spoiler:
Suwako
to be fairly weak in this game?  I'm using her against a certain 15F boss that's weak to Nature, which should be her ideal scenario, but even with her big nuke and her special abilities coming into play she's only doing around 25% more than either of the oni with their cheaper Nature spells (and much better durability).

Also everyone probably knows this already, but damn if Rinnosuke isn't crazy tanky with HP High Boost, he's not far below Komachi. 

DA

• Some dude on the internet
« Reply #518 on: September 10, 2013, 06:34:26 PM »
Anyone else find
Spoiler:
Suwako
to be fairly weak in this game?  I'm using her against a certain 15F boss that's weak to Nature, which should be her ideal scenario, but even with her big nuke and her special abilities coming into play she's only doing around 25% more than either of the oni with their cheaper Nature spells (and much better durability).

Also everyone probably knows this already, but damn if Rinnosuke isn't crazy tanky with HP High Boost, he's not far below Komachi.
It is probably best to use one attacking stats with
Spoiler:
Suwako
for maximal damage going but then again i dont know how you build her. I know I built her with just attack and speed for bosses and as a fast magic attacker for exploring the labyrinth.

Sahgren

« Reply #519 on: September 10, 2013, 07:30:26 PM »
Is it just me or is Motivated Heart not worth the 10 points anymore? I could justify it somewhat when it gave a 20% bonus due to my dislike of grinding for extended periods of time, but not so much when it's at 12%.

« Reply #520 on: September 10, 2013, 08:13:19 PM »
It is probably best to use one attacking stats with
Spoiler:
Suwako
for maximal damage going but then again i dont know how you build her. I know I built her with just attack and speed for bosses and as a fast magic attacker for exploring the labyrinth.
All level up bonuses and equipment/skill points focused on Attack, with Speed as a secondary priority.  On the subject of builds, I'm also curious as to how most people spend their level up bonuses for
Spoiler:
Tenshi
, I did a mix of def/mnd in the first game and tried that here but she was getting hit way too hard even with the 100% boosts.  Given that all attacks are now elemental and can be weakened by a percentage via affinities, HP seems like the stat to focus on in this game.

Incidentally said 15F boss battle must have gotten a big difficulty boost in the latest version since the boss's HP was nearly 1.5 times what the wiki was showing.

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #521 on: September 10, 2013, 08:50:34 PM »
Incidentally said 15F boss battle must have gotten a big difficulty boost in the latest version since the boss's HP was nearly 1.5 times what the wiki was showing.

I'm actually going through and updating all of the bosses' HP as we speak/read/whatever went through and updated all the bosses. Except
Spoiler:
Ran
because I haven't fought her and
Spoiler:
Yuuka
for the same reason. If some who has could go in and edit it OR post a screen shot of their page in the Bestiary, that would be greeeeeat.
Spoiler:
Freaking Alice has almost twice as many HP as she did before; as did the 2 20F bosses.
Also, whoever is doing the affinity charts on the wiki, holy crap, dude, you are awesome.

You should consider adding
Spoiler:
Reisen
to your party since she has that skill which lowers an enemy's ailment resistance since you'll be needing it for bosses with high resistances to ailments.
That's actually a great idea, seeing as how I'll be largely ailment dependent with Parsee and
Spoiler:
Hina

Is it just me or is Motivated Heart not worth the 10 points anymore? I could justify it somewhat when it gave a 20% bonus due to my dislike of grinding for extended periods of time, but not so much when it's at 12%.
I can't justify it either. At least Hands-On Experience is still worth it.

Wow I didn't recognize you with the new avatar. I'll likely be starting a new normal game just playing characters that I haven't played with whenever I finish my synergy run.
I haven't played with Hina, Parsee, Nitori, Kasen, Mokou,
Spoiler:
Yuyuko, Yukari, Tenshi, Iku, Ran, Yuuka, and Yuugi

I highly recommend both
Spoiler:
Hina and Yuugi
on future playthroughs. The former is a debuffing goddess (and as Anima Zero has shown us, has a crazy high damage potential) and the latter's counter and passives are really strong.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 09:14:58 PM by ViciousYukkuri »
I have a noob stream now. Mostly Touhou, fangames, Warframe and League of Legends.

« Reply #522 on: September 10, 2013, 08:59:12 PM »
did some tests with Chen's Kimontonkou  because I'm planning on using her soon

Japanese wiki said something like

ATK + (70 + SLv * 10)%
DEF & MND - (88-SLv * 11)%

and here are my results

Kimontonkou  (ver1.141)
SLv    1           2           3           4           5

ATK   +80%   +90%   +100%  +100%  +100%
DEF   -50%    -50%    -50%     -45%    -35%
MND -50%    -50%    -50%     -45%    -35%

strangely enough when you give her DBF Resistance equipment the DEF & MND debuff will ALWAYS be 50% on every SLv... but yeah 15% less DEF & MND reduction is hardly useful at all especially for someone like Chen so just levelling it up 2 times is the most efficient thing you can do

Sahgren

« Reply #523 on: September 10, 2013, 09:23:32 PM »
All level up bonuses and equipment/skill points focused on Attack, with Speed as a secondary priority.  On the subject of builds, I'm also curious as to how most people spend their level up bonuses for
Spoiler:
Tenshi
, I did a mix of def/mnd in the first game and tried that here but she was getting hit way too hard even with the 100% boosts.  Given that all attacks are now elemental and can be weakened by a percentage via affinities, HP seems like the stat to focus on in this game.

I had the best success splitting it roughly evenly between health, defense, and mind. She needed 20ish levels in Viole boosts to the resistances to really get rolling, and even then I found that there were some fights where she just didn't work. I really think that she's more of a utility tank to throw out as a dedicated switcher/
Spoiler:
buff remover
in AoE-centric fights that don't really require a tank this time around.

Wymar

• ⑨⑨
  • Apathy is a powerful mehtivator.
« Reply #524 on: September 10, 2013, 09:28:13 PM »
Spoiler:
Ran
still has the same amount of HP.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #525 on: September 10, 2013, 09:31:30 PM »
Spoiler:
Tenshi 9F
has be destroyed after 3 attempts, thanks Wriggle,
Spoiler:
Alice, and Yuugi
Also, I'm enjoying Floor 10, it's so fun even
Spoiler:
Patchouli
is enjoying her new "test dummies".
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Murakumo

« Reply #526 on: September 11, 2013, 12:57:35 AM »
Just beated
Spoiler:
9F Tenshi
with 35lvl Momiji, Minoriko, Mistia, Hina and
Spoiler:
Yuugi
. This fight was more annoying than hard cuz "2K dmg Master Spark wtf". So I gave Divine Barrier which I took from
Spoiler:
6F Tenshi
and several def/resistance items to Momiji and she tank Tenshi like a boss and switch in and out Mistia (with accelerate) who had toxicologist subclass (toxicologist's poison does almost no damage but accelerate skill just too good),
Spoiler:
Yuugi
with monk subclass (4-5K from 4MP nuke was a main damage source), Hina (for debuff purpose and sometimes for nukes) and Minoriko for healing.

Right now I on 10F where I'll get
Spoiler:
Sakuya
, 10th member for my team.

jaxter0987

« Reply #527 on: September 11, 2013, 04:01:39 AM »
Hmm, you did very well on that fight, good job. But since you saw that when recording you had like, 30-40FPS at times, why didn't you disable visual effects from the options? Maybe you'll need some getting used to it but for the most part you'll have 60FPS.
Tried that and still got around 30-40 FPS while recording.
It never was worth 10 points imo, but since I'm redistributing skill points constantly between boss fights anyway, I don't mind it.
I'm actually going through and updating all of the bosses' HP as we speak/read/whatever went through and updated all the bosses. Except
Spoiler:
Ran
because I haven't fought her and
Spoiler:
Yuuka
for the same reason. If some who has could go in and edit it OR post a screen shot of their page in the Bestiary, that would be greeeeeat.
Spoiler:
Freaking Alice has almost twice as many HP as she did before; as did the 2 20F bosses.

I highly recommend both
Spoiler:
Hina and Yuugi
on future playthroughs. The former is a debuffing goddess (and as Anima Zero has shown us, has a crazy high damage potential) and the latter's counter and passives are really strong.
I went through a few of the bosses yesterday after noticing that
Spoiler:
Sakuya and Remilia had their HP lowered
and changed their HP amounts accordingly.

As for my third run through of the game, I don't know which of those 12 I want to leave out. I definitely want Reimu and either Minoriko /
Spoiler:
Sanae
for some healers and seeing as I've used
Spoiler:
Yukari and Yuugi
in the first game, they're the most likely to be left out. They both have skills that are very enticing though so I don't know...

How good is Mokou at tanking? If she's pretty decent, I might just leave out
Spoiler:
Tenshi
as well so I can bring in a Mystic attacker since I'd be lacking in that department. I just noticed that I haven't included Mystia in that list. Looking at her description though, I probably won't be using her. Actually, the more I think about it, I could just slap Healer onto Mokou so I could have an extra slot.

Edit: After giving it some more thought, I think this is going to be my final roster unless Mokou is not as good at tanking as I think she is:
Minoriko, Kasen, Parsee, Mokou, Hina,
Spoiler:
Yuugi, Reisen (For the Mystic damage. I might change my mind about her after finishing my synergy run), Iku, Ran, Yuuka, Yuyuko, and Yukari

Now to decide whether I want to do a NG+ or just dick around in the early floors with just Minoriko, Kasen and Parsee.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 04:22:55 AM by jaxter0987 »

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
« Reply #528 on: September 11, 2013, 04:38:23 AM »
Guys, quick question. What is the item listed as a reward for the "open 60 treasure chests" achievement, the "Reincarnation Key", used for? Is it a reusable version of the "Tome of Reincarnation"? I apologized if this had been asked before, but said "Reincarnation Key" is not listed among the special items, so I figured that I should point that out.
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

jaxter0987

« Reply #529 on: September 11, 2013, 04:56:45 AM »
Guys, quick question. What is the item listed as a reward for the "open 60 treasure chests" achievement, the "Reincarnation Key", used for? Is it a reusable version of the "Tome of Reincarnation"? I apologized if this had been asked before, but said "Reincarnation Key" is not listed among the special items, so I figured that I should point that out.
Maybe it was a error in the translation process but the reward for that achievement is a Treasure Chest Key not a Reincarnation Key. Are you using the latest partial translation patch?

Also, I just realized that the new affinities and resistances section trivializes a lot of my writing for the bosses... Going to have to go back and revise them sometime...
And whoever made the template should consider having a darker shade of red for the 2 symbol and a lighter shade of purple for Dark. The 2 symbol blends in too well with Fire and the 3 symbol blends in too well with Dark.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 05:06:10 AM by jaxter0987 »

Sahgren

« Reply #530 on: September 11, 2013, 05:06:50 AM »
So apparently
Spoiler:
Yuyuko as a boss got considerably faster in 1.141. She got off her first-turn-nuke-everything attack before anyone on my team got to go. On the plus side, she isn't on my recruitment list, so I think I can safely ignore her until I'm strong enough to steamroll her

-snip-

Try minimizing all other windows whilst you're playing. That somehow bumped my framerate up from the 25-35 range into the 55-60 range.

As for Mokou, she's almost exactly just a weaker Komachi with a bit of luck reliance thrown in for good measure. She doesn't have as much health (but better regen), a weaker debuff, and no insta-death for trash clearing, but she ultimately gets the job done without relying on other characters to keep her going.

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #531 on: September 11, 2013, 05:10:11 AM »
How good is Mokou at tanking? If she's pretty decent, I might just leave out
Spoiler:
Tenshi
as well so I can bring in a Mystic attacker since I'd be lacking in that department. I just noticed that I haven't included Mystia in that list. Looking at her description though, I probably won't be using her. Actually, the more I think about it, I could just slap Healer onto Mokou so I could have an extra slot.

She's quite good at it, but does so in a very unconventional way. Her best method of tanking is what I call Res-Tanking, because it involves her not dying. Building her for HP, DEF, and MND help a lot, and her regen makes her even better at it.

Maybe it was a error in the translation process but the reward for that achievement is a Treasure Chest Key not a Reincarnation Key. Are you using the latest partial translation patch?

Also, I just realized that the new affinities and resistances section trivializes a lot of my writing for the bosses... Going to have to go back and revise them sometime...
And whoever made the template should consider having a darker shade of red for the 2 symbol and a lighter shade of purple for Dark. The 2 symbol blends in too well with Fire and the 3 symbol blends in too well with Dark.

It says Reincarnation Key on the wiki. Fixing that now...
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 05:12:47 AM by ViciousYukkuri »

jaxter0987

« Reply #532 on: September 11, 2013, 05:20:30 AM »
So apparently
Spoiler:
Yuyuko as a boss got considerably faster in 1.141. She got off her first-turn-nuke-everything attack before anyone on my team got to go. On the plus side, she isn't on my recruitment list, so I think I can safely ignore her until I'm strong enough to steamroll her

Try minimizing all other windows whilst you're playing. That somehow bumped my framerate up from the 25-35 range into the 55-60 range.

As for Mokou, she's almost exactly just a weaker Komachi with a bit of luck reliance thrown in for good measure. She doesn't have as much health (but better regen), a weaker debuff, and no insta-death for trash clearing, but she ultimately gets the job done without relying on other characters to keep her going.
You're going to have to defeat her anyway to get
Spoiler:
Yukari
as well as progress so ignoring her isn't exactly possible. I know what you mean though, I just felt like pointing this out.

I should reiterate that I only get that kind of terrible framerate while I'm recording. Still, I should make note of minimizing all other windows while play. I tend to like to have a folder window in the background though since my desktop is far too vibrant, making me lose immersion when I look at it.

Great,
Spoiler:
Tenshi
can stay forever unused then. I think I'm not going to do a NG+ for my third run. Seems I like the idea that I have to earn the character to be able to use them.

Edit: I don't have enough editing prowess to figure out how to make the affinities table work for
Spoiler:
Sakuya and Remilia as well as the 3 Golden Orbs
Someone please help me solve this problem. Here's
Spoiler:
Sakuya and Remilia's resistances:

| rowspan="2" align="center" |{{LoT2 Resistances |CLD=4|WND=1|NTR=2|MYS=4|DRK=5|PSN=1|PAR=1|HVY=1|SHK=1|TRR=6|SIL=1|DTH=5|DBF=5}}
| rowspan="2" align="center" |{{LoT2 Resistances |FIR=1|MYS=5|SPI=1|DRK=5|PSN=5|PAR=5|HVY=5|SHK=5|TRR=6|SIL=5|DBF=1}}

And here's
Spoiler:
The 3 Golden Orbs' resistances in the order they appear in the wiki:

| rowspan="2" align="center" |{{LoT2 Resistances |CLD=1|DRK=1|PHY=6|PSN=1|PAR=4|HVY=4|SHK=4|TRR=1|SIL=1|DTH=5|DBF=6}}
| rowspan="2" align="center" |{{LoT2 Resistances |FIR=1|MYS=6|PHY=1|PSN=6|PAR=6|HVY=6|SHK=6|TRR=6|SIL=6|DBF=1}}
| rowspan="2" align="center" |{{LoT2 Resistances |WND=6|NTR=1|MYS=5|SPI=1|PSN=1|PAR=6|HVY=1|SHK=6|TRR=1|SIL=1|DBF=6}}
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 05:49:32 AM by jaxter0987 »

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
« Reply #533 on: September 11, 2013, 06:02:11 AM »
Got another question, but I'll have to use spoiler tags for this.

Spoiler:
This one is about Eirin's Hourai Elixir, and it's actually more than one question.

1) What does leveling up said spell card actually do? The notes say that it does not benefit from leveling, but I'm kind of curious as to what leveling up the spell actually does. Because if it actually did do nothing, then why even leave the option to increase its level?

2) The notes for the spell say that the "Efficient Treatment" skill will not affect this spell. Would the "Devoted Care" skill still work on this spell when it cures a status ailment? Because if so, then Hourai Elixir can be boosted to heal 75% of a target's HP under certain circumstances, yes? (Thinking of a combo of Eirin + Remilia's Curse of Vlad Tepes for maximum chances at effectiveness)

Those are my questions, and I hope that I'm not being a bother by asking this stuff.
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

Sahgren

« Reply #534 on: September 11, 2013, 06:22:24 AM »
Edit: I don't have enough editing prowess to figure out how to make the affinities table work for
Spoiler:
Sakuya and Remilia as well as the 3 Golden Orbs
Someone please help me solve this problem. Here's
Spoiler:
Sakuya and Remilia's resistances:

| rowspan="2" align="center" |{{LoT2 Resistances |CLD=4|WND=1|NTR=2|MYS=4|DRK=5|PSN=1|PAR=1|HVY=1|SHK=1|TRR=6|SIL=1|DTH=5|DBF=5}}
| rowspan="2" align="center" |{{LoT2 Resistances |FIR=1|MYS=5|SPI=1|DRK=5|PSN=5|PAR=5|HVY=5|SHK=5|TRR=6|SIL=5|DBF=1}}

And here's
Spoiler:
The 3 Golden Orbs' resistances in the order they appear in the wiki:

| rowspan="2" align="center" |{{LoT2 Resistances |CLD=1|DRK=1|PHY=6|PSN=1|PAR=4|HVY=4|SHK=4|TRR=1|SIL=1|DTH=5|DBF=6}}
| rowspan="2" align="center" |{{LoT2 Resistances |FIR=1|MYS=6|PHY=1|PSN=6|PAR=6|HVY=6|SHK=6|TRR=6|SIL=6|DBF=1}}
| rowspan="2" align="center" |{{LoT2 Resistances |WND=6|NTR=1|MYS=5|SPI=1|PSN=1|PAR=6|HVY=1|SHK=6|TRR=1|SIL=1|DBF=6}}

If the problem that you're referring to is that the tables get shoved off to the side in its own separate column, then you have to change the "colspan" variable right before the fight summary. Add two for every affinity/resistance table you put in.
Spoiler:
Though we should probably do something to differentiate which table belongs to whom.

Edit: Just shoved the tables up onto the wiki.
Spoiler:
Still can't tell which belongs to whom, but the changes are there for you to work with
. Kinda looks like someone made a brand new object for the tables themselves under "LoT2 Resistances", so you'll have to track that down if you want to edit the tables yourself.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 06:27:44 AM by Sahgren »

jaxter0987

« Reply #535 on: September 11, 2013, 06:38:01 AM »

Spoiler:
This one is about Eirin's Hourai Elixir, and it's actually more than one question.

1) What does leveling up said spell card actually do? The notes say that it does not benefit from leveling, but I'm kind of curious as to what leveling up the spell actually does. Because if it actually did do nothing, then why even leave the option to increase its level?

2) The notes for the spell say that the "Efficient Treatment" skill will not affect this spell. Would the "Devoted Care" skill still work on this spell when it cures a status ailment? Because if so, then Hourai Elixir can be boosted to heal 75% of a target's HP under certain circumstances, yes? (Thinking of a combo of Eirin + Remilia's Curse of Vlad Tepes for maximum chances at effectiveness)

Those are my questions, and I hope that I'm not being a bother by asking this stuff.
The only benefit I could think of in leveling Hourai Elixir would be a lower delay. This obviously can be easily tested and since no one has noticed anything, it doesn't benefit from leveling. Aya's Guidepost spell is the same way. Outside of leveling it once to guarantee the receiver goes before anyone else, there's no real point to leveling it up.
If the problem that you're referring to is that the tables get shoved off to the side in its own separate column, then you have to change the "colspan" variable right before the fight summary. Add two for every affinity/resistance table you put in.
Spoiler:
Though we should probably do something to differentiate which table belongs to whom.

Edit: Just shoved the tables up onto the wiki.
Spoiler:
Still can't tell which belongs to whom, but the changes are there for you to work with
. Kinda looks like someone made a brand new object for the tables themselves under "LoT2 Resistances", so you'll have to track that down if you want to edit the tables yourself.
The issue was that it just looked bad. The way it is now was the best way I could manage to get the tables in and even then, it's pretty bad. I think the most eye pleasing way to go about this would be to put the additional tables underneath each other but I can't figure out how to do that. I managed to get the second table its own row, but I don't know how I could move it to the last column.

I'll go look for these tables to hopefully edit the colors.

@Wymar: There isn't a real difference between 0 and 1. The game just randomly has a darker shade of red when an X is involved with status resistances rather than elemental resistances. I'm not going to change anything about that since I might accidentally break something but I just wanted to point that out.

It actually does matter o.o
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 08:10:30 AM by jaxter0987 »

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #536 on: September 11, 2013, 06:42:28 AM »

Spoiler:

You are not being a bother at all. It's part of the reason this thread exists, and I for one like testing this stuff out FOR SCIENCE!
Anyway, no, it doesn't work with Devoted Care. And leveling it does absolutely nothing. Its probably levelable simply for the fact that it's a spell.

Sahgren

« Reply #537 on: September 11, 2013, 07:20:12 AM »
The only benefit I could think of in leveling Hourai Elixir would be a lower delay. This obviously can be easily tested and since no one has noticed anything, it doesn't benefit from leveling. Aya's Guidepost spell is the same way. Outside of leveling it once to guarantee the receiver goes before anyone else, there's no real point to leveling it up.The issue was that it just looked bad. The way it is now was the best way I could manage to get the tables in and even then, it's pretty bad. I think the most eye pleasing way to go about this would be to put the additional tables underneath each other but I can't figure out how to do that. I managed to get the second table its own row, but I don't know how I could move it to the last column.

I'll go look for these tables to hopefully edit the colors.

Warning: Boss Spoilers
Like this? Copy paste all of "!" and "|" and delete the text, leaving the "!" and "|" as filler. Now it's ugly under the hood, but may be a bit closer to what you want in terms of final output.

Murakumo

« Reply #538 on: September 11, 2013, 07:26:11 AM »
Cleared 12F. Fight with
Spoiler:
Tenshi
on my 49lvl was ridiculous. I prepared to really tough battle but Hina was like "nope" and OHKO
Spoiler:
Tenshi
after 4-5 debuffs. Also this battle start with
Spoiler:
5 extra lunar clocks by Sakuya
and Minoriko was a quite succesful tank with her defense buff and healing.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 07:27:56 AM by Murakumo »

jaxter0987

« Reply #539 on: September 11, 2013, 07:29:14 AM »
Warning: Boss Spoilers
Like this? Copy paste all of "!" and "|" and delete the text, leaving the "!" and "|" as filler. Now it's ugly under the hood, but may be a bit closer to what you want in terms of final output.
Argh, that's indeed how I wanted to do the table but that also looks bad, although less so than the other way. This is bothering me way too much...
We'll go with that for now but seriously, why am I so bothered by this...

Edit: Okay, I think I figured out how I want the tables to look now but its still bothering me. And there's still the issue of differentiating between the tables. I'm also half tempted to divide the Exp and Money by two and give both of them equal values just so the second row looks less barren.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 07:40:09 AM by jaxter0987 »