Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 11F  (Read 280026 times)

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 11F
« Reply #480 on: September 08, 2013, 11:23:46 PM »
Spoiler:
On 12F. Am I the only one who REAAAALLY thinks the Magatama is BS?

Nope. That guy gave me trouble more than 6th floor
Spoiler:
Tenshi
did.
As for
Spoiler:
the upgraded versions on the 20th floor
, the
Spoiler:
mirror
gave me more trouble since it
Spoiler:
drains everyone's MP on its first turn
. Now that's BS

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #481 on: September 08, 2013, 11:32:15 PM »
As for
Spoiler:
the upgraded versions on the 20th floor
, the
Spoiler:
mirror
gave me more trouble since it
Spoiler:
drains everyone's MP on its first turn
. Now that's BS
That's like what the post game Seal boss of LoT1 does, sounds like it's goooooooing to beeeeeeeee annoying!
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #482 on: September 09, 2013, 12:01:12 AM »
So, I just found this out. You know that move enemies do that cuts the whole parties HP in half? It kills you when you're at 1 HP.
I finally got my first Normal 1cc. ReimuA, TD.
I have a noob stream now. Mostly Touhou, fangames, Warframe and League of Legends.
Currently playing: Nothing until ESO is out.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #483 on: September 09, 2013, 12:08:25 AM »
So it's Half HP, Rounded Down rather then Half HP, Rounded Up.

Sucks to lose someone to that, but come on, you kinda have to see it coming :V

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #484 on: September 09, 2013, 12:10:25 AM »
Oh. You guys didn't know? I thought something like this was already known, especially for
Spoiler:
Kasen
users,
Spoiler:
due to that ability of hers that stays with 1 HP instead of dying if she has enough TP.

By the way, is there any item that you can get only by item drop or bonus from bosses only?

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #485 on: September 09, 2013, 12:14:27 AM »
So it's Half HP, Rounded Down rather then Half HP, Rounded Up.

Sucks to lose someone to that, but come on, you kinda have to see it coming :V
Yeah, but it was my whole party at once!
Also wasn't expecting it to use it right after the "everyone to 1 HP" thing.
Spoiler:
Stupid fucking 20F Magatama thing...

Oh. You guys didn't know? I thought something like this was already known, especially for
Spoiler:
Kasen
users,
Spoiler:
due to that ability of hers that stays with 1 HP instead of dying if she has enough TP.

By the way, is there any item that you can get only by item drop or bonus from bosses only?
Other then
Spoiler:
Byakuren Scroll 4
, some materials and the stat boost gems (not counting locked chests) I don't think so...
I have a noob stream now. Mostly Touhou, fangames, Warframe and League of Legends.

Earthsiege

• Rational Anarchist
  • The balance of power MUST be preserved.
« Reply #486 on: September 09, 2013, 12:30:37 AM »
Spoiler:
Fricking magatama was a bitch. Cutting HP in half I can deal with, but not when you have a "2K to everyone's face" move alongside it. I ended up just plopping about 300 Wind affinity on Kasen and Suika and praying it didn't spam that move against everyone else.

Overall that thing stands out in a game that's lighter on bullshit bosses than LoT1 was, so I can't complain too much. Until the inevitable Plus Disk, at least...which, now I think about it, was home to about half the first game's BoSses.

I need to sit down and finish the game now, since there's a legit hardmode to try out.
http://pastebin.com/DzbzqF0k - LoT2 reference list. If anyone catches anything, drop me a line.

Wymar

• ⑨⑨
  • Apathy is a powerful mehtivator.
« Reply #487 on: September 09, 2013, 12:44:54 AM »
Frankly, it took me longer to kill the other boss because freaking defensive stats.

Also, what element is
Spoiler:
Tenshi
's focus attack?

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
« Reply #488 on: September 09, 2013, 01:22:16 AM »
Honestly, that
Spoiler:
magatama
boss was riding on a jokefest for me...partially because it was
Spoiler:
weak to dark if memory serves me right and, well, Hina's Pain Flow is dark elemental.  I got it to do like 90-100k per cast if I set it up correctly.

Anyways...I'm looking around on 14F, having found a boss. 
Spoiler:
Hello using your first turn to buff your magic to ridiculous levels, then decide launching an Ether Flare on my party is your definition of a jolly good time
.  Took a few tries to find a setup that worked, but I managed to get past it.

Haven't played since the latest patch though.  My poor Hina's going to lose some of her killing power because of the stat cost changes, heh.
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #489 on: September 09, 2013, 02:15:16 AM »
Funny thing is I beat it on the first try after starting up. I was getting annoyed by it this morning then said "Done, going to bed, I'll deal with it later."
Spoiler:
Thank you Sakuya and Rumia making things better.

Now I gotta deal with 12F Tenshi...oh boy. Hong can pretty much survive easily but I definitely need to do something about her AGI getting debuffed. And Okuu dying. And me barely dealing any damage. Managed to get her down to about 20% though so I just need to keep the damage dealers alive.

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #490 on: September 09, 2013, 04:15:35 AM »
Spoiler:
Oh God, the final boss uses World Shaking Military Rule.
Shinki help us all.

E: I also feel like the speed part of the Team ⑨ skill was either broken or nerfed in this last patch. I had both Cirno and
Spoiler:
Flan
and the latter was only a point faster than Cirno, and Cirno was under the effect of the buff (Wriggle and Mystia were out) but
Spoiler:
Flandre
still went first at the beginning of a battle.
E2:
Spoiler:
WOW does the final boss's nuke really do instant death? REALLY GAME? It's not like it does enough damage to kill anyone not tanky or anything! I'm beating this asshole if it kills me.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 06:38:51 AM by ViciousYukkuri »

Sahgren

« Reply #491 on: September 09, 2013, 04:22:58 AM »
Also, what element is
Spoiler:
Tenshi
's focus attack?

Physical.

I haven't been able to get even close to beating
Spoiler:
the final boss
at the challenge level since patch 1.140. Kinda makes me realize how freakishly easy it was before.

Wymar

• ⑨⑨
« Reply #492 on: September 09, 2013, 05:56:30 AM »
Well I got lucky and other than some third-slot attacks and the odd
Spoiler:
Motherland
the only casualties were Hina and Kaguya who I've put out as a sacrifice for the first murderface slashing. Komachi and
Spoiler:
Meiling
were pretty much able to take these hits without any complementary healing while Rumia just launched about 85% of her HP into orbit before biting the dust.

Spoiler:
The other 15% were dropped into the sun

« Reply #493 on: September 09, 2013, 06:43:01 AM »
Ouch, Heavy's defense reduction being a bug is going to make that 9F fight even less fun the next time around.

This is "HP? What are those?"-Patchy we're talking about. Double the damage of a near-guaranteed kill is merely a guaranteed kill.
The ability to increase growth rates through equipment helps her a lot with that; giving her an Emergency Kit basically doubles her HP (and unlike a lot of other characters she doesn't need an MP item in her Main slot) so I've found she has a moderate chance of surviving weaker multi-target attacks as long as they aren't physical.

Also Patchy is so slow that without some sort of speed booster the 50% delay after Concentrate is a bit of a risk.  Then again I think the Boost effect that Great Incantation gives you remains after switching out though (or at least I remember it being that way with Herb of Awakening) so that probably works.

Also, what element is
Spoiler:
Tenshi
's focus attack?

Just fyi you can identify the element of any attack in this game by looking at the icon next to it (though I sometimes "pause" the game by grabbing the window because attack names appear and disappear really quickly), which is a nice feature.

Wymar

• ⑨⑨
« Reply #494 on: September 09, 2013, 06:56:43 AM »
Yeah, but that attack is so hectic and flashy that I barely have time to look.

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #495 on: September 09, 2013, 07:30:54 AM »
I was actually doing a Hard Mode playthrough before 1.14 (well, almost, I was capping my library levels at 1x instead of 1.2x character level), but I dropped it because I didn't feel like continuing with old balancing.  Hearing people talk about the final boss makes me want to pick it back up and finish it on 1.13, then immediately after, patch up to 1.14 and see the difference.
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

dawnbomb

• Adventurer
« Reply #496 on: September 09, 2013, 09:06:18 AM »
wow, the komachi fight on 1.141 is pretty intense

in other news, i figured out the 30FPS bug kinda, idk why but if you have other windows actively open (as in not minimized) and go back to the game, there is like a 85% chance it will drop to 30 FPS. after some testing with more windows i found it can also hit 20 FPS. (and yes, my PC can handle 60fps on everything)

so you either have to have everything else minimized, OR minimize the window, open it back up and quickly swap over to the game and start playing, should be immediately obvious if it is 30 or 60 FPS, for those with frame count on at the bottom right, if it shows 50 fps, i noticed it goes to 60 once you actually start doing things. if its still 30 FPS just keep minimizing and opening the other window you want open. (note that for example having skype open, if you go and respond, and come back, it may drop the game to 30FPS again, and you will have to fix it again)

I have no idea why it works, but it works. on a random note, i was so used to 30 FPS it felt like i was using turbo, exploring is fast, but those battle animations seemed crazy...but now after 6 hours of playing i'm used to it and 30FPS feels slow xP

I figured this out while trying to watch streams while playing and popping out the stream dropped the game to 20 FPS, odd that the games code is affected by window #'s, and take care when using duel monitors, the second monitor still counts.

I guess generally minimizing any windows your not actually using while playing would be a good idea to : V
There's no way I could love anyone
but i wish to be loved by someone in return

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #497 on: September 09, 2013, 09:07:45 AM »
Synergy run completed!
Spoiler:
Final boss is weak to Dark. Starbow Break is dark
Gotta say, this was really hard starting off, got easy around Team ⑨ getting completed, then got REALLY hard toward the end.

jaxter0987

• Umiiro Shoujo ni Miserarete
  • Umi is love, Umi is life
« Reply #498 on: September 09, 2013, 09:17:13 AM »
Spoiler:
Shinki help us all.

E: I also feel like the speed part of the Team ⑨ skill was either broken or nerfed in this last patch. I had both Cirno and
Spoiler:
Flan
and the latter was only a point faster than Cirno, and Cirno was under the effect of the buff (Wriggle and Mystia were out) but
Spoiler:
Flandre
still went first at the beginning of a battle.
E2:
Spoiler:
WOW does the final boss's nuke really do instant death? REALLY GAME? It's not like it does enough damage to kill anyone not tanky or anything! I'm beating this asshole if it kills me.
I went all whiny about the Final Boss for a reason and you've experienced it.
Spoiler:
It always used World Shaking Military Rule, it just seems to do it more often now in the latest patch in addition to the buffs he got.
Beating it at Challenge level is not happening at least for me.
Synergy run completed!
Spoiler:
Final boss is weak to Dark. Starbow Break is dark
Gotta say, this was really hard starting off, got easy around Team ⑨ getting completed, then got REALLY hard toward the end.
Spoiler:
Wow, you beat it before it entered its last form...
I need to get back to my synergy run... not looking forward to the
Spoiler:
Sakuya and Remilia fight and definitely not looking forward to 12F bosses.

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #499 on: September 09, 2013, 10:02:08 AM »
Other then
Spoiler:
Byakuren Scroll 4
, some materials and the stat boost gems (not counting locked chests) I don't think so...
Really? Did
Spoiler:
Byakuren Scroll 4
change on the new versions? Isn't that the one you needed
Spoiler:
Nazrin
BP for? And then it was an item drop from random encounters or something(I think)?

« Reply #500 on: September 09, 2013, 10:03:43 AM »
I really wanted to do a synergy run with 2 of my favorite Touhou households
Spoiler:
SDM and Hell crew
but seeing as their speed doesn't get buffed really puts me off seeing as speed is really important. I'd rather wait for a patch to fix it but I'm not looking forward to Heavy being nerfed.

jaxter0987

• Umiiro Shoujo ni Miserarete
  • Umi is love, Umi is life
« Reply #501 on: September 09, 2013, 10:07:32 AM »
Really? Did
Spoiler:
Byakuren Scroll 4
change on the new versions? Isn't that the one you needed
Spoiler:
Nazrin
BP for? And then it was an item drop from random encounters or something(I think)?
Spoiler:
You needed BP for the first 3 scrolls while the 4th one is a random drop from enemies on 14F.

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #502 on: September 09, 2013, 10:11:16 AM »
Spoiler:
You needed BP for the first 3 scrolls while the 4th one is a random drop from enemies on 14F.

Spoiler:
Not sure what the rate chances were before this patch but I got it so easily I almost missed noticing it.

Wymar

• ⑨⑨
« Reply #503 on: September 09, 2013, 10:16:44 AM »
Lucky bastards, I already got
Spoiler:
Yuyuko
and the item still hasn't dropped.

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #504 on: September 09, 2013, 11:48:20 AM »
Spoiler:
So then I was kind of right, you don't get them from a boss and it hasn't changed after all...

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #505 on: September 09, 2013, 03:01:34 PM »
Lucky bastards, I already got
Spoiler:
Yuyuko
and the item still hasn't dropped.
Well, it only drops from enemies in some tiny room you can access only by coming down stairs from a higher floor. I think.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #506 on: September 09, 2013, 05:07:50 PM »
Spoiler:
Shinki help us all.
*Shits bricks* Not THAT ANYTHING BUT THAT!!!!  :colonveeplusalpha:
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Wymar

• ⑨⑨
« Reply #507 on: September 09, 2013, 07:44:53 PM »
Now, the question is:
Spoiler:
Can Tenshi's other sword dispell it
? Because ironies and all that.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #508 on: September 09, 2013, 08:17:07 PM »
Now, the question is:
Spoiler:
Can Tenshi's other sword dispel it
? Because ironies and all that.
If it is
Spoiler:
a Buff, which is what her move dispels,
then yeah, it should.

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #509 on: September 10, 2013, 12:12:02 AM »
Hmm...the 16F FOE isn't as bad as I thought it would be. Yeah you have to be a high level to damage it enough, but it's not very strong on the offence, outside of the ever so annoying Swallow.