Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 11F  (Read 280015 times)

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 11F
« Reply #390 on: September 06, 2013, 11:48:17 PM »
New patch: lol at the new Master Spark effect

There is a new effect? I keep seeing the same emptiness of previous versions.

BTW, 1.141 is also out. It seems it fixes a problem for those who defeated the final boss on 1.130 and don't unlock NG+ when they defeat it on 1.140.

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
  • I feed on your tears...
« Reply #391 on: September 07, 2013, 12:08:54 AM »
They've released Patch 1.141
It now properly asks you if you want to start a NG+ when you click New Game.

Edit: It seems like the final boss has a good bit more health than before.

Edit 2:
Spoiler:
Eirin's
heal got nerfed, it now only seems to do
Spoiler:
50% of their max health, just like in LoT1
. It seems like Reimu's got buffed by a lot though, it was healing for 4k+ up from around 2k in 1.130 when she's at lvl ~100 with nothing invested in magic.
Spoiler:
960,000 HP compared to 640,000 in 1.130

Eirin's heal wasn't nerfed, but corrected, the description said that it's supposed to heal 50% but could still do much more in the last patch. And because of that, it makes her a lot more amazing than she could ever be if her heal was dependant on her MAG. You can build her up basically as a perfect defender, boost her DEF, MND, HP and SPD, and she can stay on the battlefield spamming her overheal to keep anyone up without fearing for her life.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 12:34:16 AM by kuilfrayt »
I stared into the abyss, and the abyss didn't stare back. Even the void doesn't want to be my friend :(

Now working with Touhou-Online in French

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #392 on: September 07, 2013, 12:30:45 AM »
Part of me is flipping all sorts of tables at this patch.
The other part of me is glad the game is harder now.

Oh my God, Dat Master Spark.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 12:35:15 AM by ViciousYukkuri »
I finally got my first Normal 1cc. ReimuA, TD.
I have a noob stream now. Mostly Touhou, fangames, Warframe and League of Legends.
Currently playing: Nothing until ESO is out.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #393 on: September 07, 2013, 12:33:08 AM »
Can I flip a table now? Because, now I'm partially going to be raging now.
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #394 on: September 07, 2013, 12:34:27 AM »
For those of you wondering: NG+ Check will be BEFORE the Intro Cutscene if you have unlocked it, Hard Mode check is AFTER the Intro Cutscene if you have unlocked it.

Dunno where some people get the patch from, but I got the 1.141 from http://firestorage.jp/download/cc457d6d463b5733219405bfb19e0b97d56ac110

Edit: For the psychotic lulz, I shall do a Hard NG+ Solo run. I am unsure if I can allow Reserve characters for their passives, like Rinnosuke and his boosted Money gains, but no matter what, only 1 frontliner unless a fight demands more then that for some reason.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 12:46:53 AM by MysTeariousYukari »

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #395 on: September 07, 2013, 12:42:22 AM »
For those of you wondering: NG+ Check will be BEFORE the Intro Cutscene if you have unlocked it, Hard Mode check is AFTER the Intro Cutscene if you have unlocked it.

Dunno where some people get the patch from, but I got the 1.141 from http://firestorage.jp/download/cc457d6d463b5733219405bfb19e0b97d56ac110
I got mine from the first link.

http://www1.axfc.net/uploader/link.pl?dr=695389619047613&file=3020374.zip
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 12:44:22 AM by MewMewHeart »
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Sahgren

« Reply #396 on: September 07, 2013, 12:45:54 AM »
Spoiler:
Eirin's heal wasn't nerfed, but corrected, the description said that it's supposed to heal 50% but could still do much more in the last patch. And because of that, it makes her a lot more amazing than she could ever be if her heal was dependant on her MAG. You can build her up basically as a perfect defender, boost her DEF, MND, HP and SPD, and she can stay on the battlefield spamming her overheal to keep anyone up without fearing for her life.

Ah, good to know.
Spoiler:
She was absurdly powerful before, but I'm still a little sad that she seems to be more relegated to healing super-health tanks like Komachi now.

Did they buff
Spoiler:
Reisen
's damage on
Spoiler:
Discarder
? I remember it hitting for ~5k before I patched the game, and now it's up to ~6.5k against the same enemies.

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #397 on: September 07, 2013, 12:51:21 AM »
Ah, good to know.
Spoiler:
She was absurdly powerful before, but I'm still a little sad that she seems to be more relegated to healing super-health tanks like Komachi now.

Did they buff
Spoiler:
Reisen
's damage on
Spoiler:
Discarder
? I remember it hitting for ~5k before I patched the game, and now it's up to ~6.5k against the same enemies.
Spoiler:
True, it is a bummer that her overheal only take effect when someone has already taken damage, and can't be used as a preventive measure
I stared into the abyss, and the abyss didn't stare back. Even the void doesn't want to be my friend :(

« Reply #398 on: September 07, 2013, 01:10:01 AM »
It seems like
Spoiler:
the SDM crew
still don't have their speed increase. The red enemy on the 19 floor still goes first before
Spoiler:
Sakuya with 300+ speed

So can anyone tell me if there's a penalty now for resetting a character?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 01:14:32 AM by Raijinrage »

Sahgren

« Reply #399 on: September 07, 2013, 01:24:35 AM »
Nope, Reimu's level stayed exactly the same when I tried.

Edit: Nevermind, doesn't look like Reimu's heal was buffed. It's just that Grand Incantation effects it now if it didn't before.

Edit 2: Derp... just realized that that means that Grand Incantation actually works now.

Edit 3:
Spoiler:
Tenshi's State of Freedom From Worldly Thought doesn't seem to inflict Heavy on her anymore.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 02:20:01 AM by Sahgren »

« Reply #400 on: September 07, 2013, 01:30:09 AM »
Started a NG with Hard Mode. Stats improvements from the Magic Library are limited to 1.2 times the level of the character, but leveling down a character keeps the current stat level. So is still possible to overlevel a character, get all the level up bonuses and stats levels to whatever you want to, and then level down the character to fight the bosses.

The thing is, they nearly tripled the cost of basic stat levels in the Magic Library.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #401 on: September 07, 2013, 01:32:00 AM »
Started a NG with Hard Mode. Stats improvements from the Magic Library are limited to 1.2 times the level of the character, but leveling down a character keeps the current stat level. So is still possible to overlevel a character, get all the level up bonuses and stats levels to whatever you want to, and then level down the character to fight the bosses.

The thing is, they nearly tripled the cost of basic stat levels in the Magic Library.

Yeah, it is painful x.x And I am doing a Solo Hard NG+ run :x

Edit: If I wanted to beat a boss at Challenge Level, would filling reserves with Level 1s be allowable? The game doesn't seem to treat empty slots as Level 0 for your Average level anymore... if it even did that at any point :x

Edit again: Seems that, at least on Hard Mode, having 8 Level 1s in the reserve did NOTHING to that in-menu level counter thing, meaning I have to make use of the "Overlevel, Viole Boost, Level Down" thing to get past some bosses.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 02:29:27 AM by MysTeariousYukari »

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #402 on: September 07, 2013, 02:04:13 AM »
Spoiler:
The new Hourai Barrage animation is good. I like it.

jaxter0987

• Umiiro Shoujo ni Miserarete
  • Umi is love, Umi is life
« Reply #403 on: September 07, 2013, 02:32:51 AM »
I don't know how I feel about this patch...
I like the bug fixes and stuff but some things just bothered me.
They've released Patch 1.141
It now properly asks you if you want to start a NG+ when you click New Game.
Spoiler:
960,000 HP compared to 640,000 in 1.130

No. Just no. That's exactly what made her shit in the first game.
Spoiler:
50% HP is almost always worse than a Magic based heal. Lets say hypothetically that Marisa has 1000 HP and has taken one point of damage. With her Overheal ability, Marisa would only be at 1499 HP. With the kind of defenses Marisa has, that ~500 HP bonus means nothing. Now if Eirin's heal was a Magic based heal, the numbers would depend her Magic stat. While this does take some points away from her defensive stats, it makes her Overheal ability so much better. I'd likely never get the ability now since it serves no benefit to my attackers.

Am disappoint at the nerf to Exp boosting skills.

I have more to say but I need to refresh my memory on what I just read.

Wow wow wow WHAT THE!? I downloaded and applied the patch. I load up the game and wtf!? My
Spoiler:
Tenshi
had gone from Lv1000 from Viole in main stats, to 515! All of my characters have lost Viole boosts actually, but that is the most severe of them D:
Wow I'm so glad that the highest I ever went on my characters was just lv 200. I won't need to go ape shit when I check how many Voile levels I've lost.
I can't help but feel a little annoyed that I went through the beginning of the synergy run wishing I had a NG+ to help me through the early portions, only for a NG+ option to arrive when I'm 15 hours in.
I don't feel annoyed about what I went through. I honestly felt that was part of the challenge with a Synergy run. Ideally, you'd pick groups that allowed you to pick up characters throughout the game so it wouldn't be hard on yourself. If you decided you didn't want to do that and wanted whatever characters for whatever reasons (like I did), you paid for it by going through hardships in the beginning to get to that point.

I may have seemed whiny and all about going through the first 5 floors with just Marisa but I actually enjoyed it. It was my fault that I picked characters that all were recruited closer to mid game.

I guess its back to seeing Japanese for everything again until a partial translation patch is finished. Not sure how this patch affects my Synergy run...
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 02:47:09 AM by jaxter0987 »

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #404 on: September 07, 2013, 02:50:14 AM »
Spoiler:
50% HP is almost always worse than a Magic based heal. Lets say hypothetically that Marisa has 1000 HP and has taken one point of damage. With her Overheal ability, Marisa would only be at 1499 HP. With the kind of defenses Marisa has, that ~500 HP bonus means nothing. Now if Eirin's heal was a Magic based heal, the numbers would depend her Magic stat. While this does take some points away from her defensive stats, it makes her Overheal ability so much better. I'd likely never get the ability now since it serves no benefit to my attackers.
Spoiler:
True, it doesn't serve much purpose for low health characters. The problem I had in this game with Eirin was if she was MAG built, she would die too quickly, since her SPD isnt amazing and didn't have much time to heal up my characters. What you could do instead to benefit as much from her skill is to build her with MAG, take the Healer subclass and buff up the heal spell and use that instead of her Hourai Elixir

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #405 on: September 07, 2013, 03:15:25 AM »
Spoiler:
In 1.130, Eirin's Heal did Max HP based + Magic based.
She would do 85000/35000 to Komachi and 20000/2000 to Tenshi with a SLv5 Hourai Elixer.[/spolier]
Signature

« Reply #406 on: September 07, 2013, 03:26:26 AM »
Correct me if I am understanding it wrong, but wasn't the Attack command supposed to run on the higher of the user's attack or magic stat- but it wasn't working correctly and only using attack?  Seems like that was not one of the things fixed in this patch- which is kinda sad for
Spoiler:
Iku's
skill list.

jaxter0987

• Umiiro Shoujo ni Miserarete
  • Umi is love, Umi is life
« Reply #407 on: September 07, 2013, 03:27:46 AM »
Spoiler:
True, it doesn't serve much purpose for low health characters. The problem I had in this game with Eirin was if she was MAG built, she would die too quickly, since her SPD isnt amazing and didn't have much time to heal up my characters. What you could do instead to benefit as much from her skill is to build her with MAG, take the Healer subclass and buff up the heal spell and use that instead of her Hourai Elixir
I'll likely be doing that for my synergy run after I'm done being mad at what happened with the stats of my characters:
Komachi
Wriggle
Aya
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Reimu
Minoriko
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Kaguya
Spoiler:
Marisa

Komachi lost a third of her HP... T.T

Edit: Ouch... I just spent 280k Money just to get them back to the skill levels they had before the update.

Edit2: Wriggle's Poison Touch works now
Spoiler:
Final Boss resists Mystic now
I don't know what I just did but somehow I managed to get more MP than my max. I did have the Magicians Magic Filling buff on but...
Warning Playable Character Spoilers
Link

Also wow I just died to the last boss...
And died again... well darn, now I actually have to grind.

... Just realized that the Challenge level for the Final Boss is
Spoiler:
... and I'm at 15 levels above that. I'll give it one more try before I start grinding again. If I still can't beat it, then wow those stat changes...

Edit3: Holy Crap, I finally beat it... 20 minute long fight
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 05:27:52 AM by jaxter0987 »

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #408 on: September 07, 2013, 04:04:39 AM »
At least a lot of the skills work now. I'd have to do some further testing but so far I've found that Efficient Concentration works. First, I can check if
Spoiler:
Sanae's
Last Wish does what it supposed to, instead of what it's supposed to and what DPotM is supposed to.

Spoiler:
My solo Namusan run just got a lot harder. Unless I only play in 1.31, heh heh heh...
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 04:08:52 AM by ViciousYukkuri »
I have a noob stream now. Mostly Touhou, fangames, Warframe and League of Legends.

« Reply #409 on: September 07, 2013, 04:12:07 AM »
Spoiler:
Yuugi's Irremovable Shackles now inflict silence. Myouren Temple personnel still doesn't work. Yukari's Shikigami spell is now single-target

Edit:
Spoiler:
Kanako's Beautiful Spring Like Suiga now debuffs Mag and Suwako's Mishaguji-sama now debuffs Def
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 04:16:44 AM by Raijinrage »

Sahgren

« Reply #410 on: September 07, 2013, 04:25:52 AM »
Final boss'
Spoiler:
Defense and Mind were increased significantly and he gained a star level resistance to Mystic and Spirit (Spirit resistance up from double circle). Just tested; a hit that deal 30k before now deals 15k. He now also heals to full in between phases.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #411 on: September 07, 2013, 06:00:32 AM »
I do not know if this is because of Hard Mode or because of NG+, but that tree-ent-thing you have to fight on 3F, where Yuyuko and Yukari come help you? They didn't join me for the fight, meaning I only had my Solo character,
Spoiler:
Byakuren

It was also Level 14 and an absolute joke compared to everything else so far. Not having to hold back on my Level is so awesome <3

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #412 on: September 07, 2013, 06:35:31 AM »
Did they do something to the menus or something? I'm noticing that, since getting the patch, the framerate drops to ~30-45 in menus and when selecting a spell to use. Is this just me, or is it happening to anyone else? Turning the visual effects off does nothing; it actually makes it worse.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 07:12:02 AM by ViciousYukkuri »

Sahgren

« Reply #413 on: September 07, 2013, 07:19:59 AM »
It's happening to me too. 1.130 fixed a lot of the lag problems for me, but now the game has noticeable stops whenever there's text on the screen or even starting up the game. I was so happy about finally being able to run around the map at 60 FPS too...

« Reply #414 on: September 07, 2013, 07:53:07 AM »
Spoiler:
That's too bad, she'll be a lot less useful now.  I'll miss healing low HP characters to 5 times their maximum but she probably needed a nerf.

« Reply #415 on: September 07, 2013, 08:23:51 AM »
Seriously, does Master Spark have a new visual effect or is still broken? Because I don't see anything besides "Select Skill -> Select Enemies -> Instant Damage/Miss".

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #416 on: September 07, 2013, 08:26:18 AM »
Master Spark got a new effect in 1.140, which was then removed/broken by 1.141.  It's pretty silly.

Edit: if you can't be bothered to patch specifically to 1.140 to see it for yourself, I have uploaded it for your convenience.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjuVCluUSmA
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 08:41:17 AM by Krimmydoodle »
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

« Reply #417 on: September 07, 2013, 08:47:04 AM »
Master Spark got a new effect in 1.140, which was then removed/broken by 1.141.  It's pretty silly.

Edit: if you can't be bothered to patch specifically to 1.140 to see it for yourself, I have uploaded it for your convenience.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjuVCluUSmA

Thanks, I think I still prefer the emptiness of now.

BTW, Hard Mode doesn't care about the average level of your party. If there is someone in your party with level X, your average level party will be X even if you put 11 characters with level 1 and 1 character with level X.

Wymar

• ⑨⑨
  • Apathy is a powerful mehtivator.
« Reply #418 on: September 07, 2013, 08:59:14 AM »
Is it just me or are the 12F enemies really tough?

The Krve

• Power Word : Silence
« Reply #419 on: September 07, 2013, 09:25:50 AM »
NOW THAT IS A FINAL BOSS.  :flowerpower:
not some piece of junk that got trashed by rocks.