Author Topic: Reimu Quest  (Read 68674 times)

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
Re: Reimu Quest
« Reply #360 on: August 18, 2013, 06:48:55 PM »
>"Uh...I don't think I know enough about necromancy to replace it properly. Should I look out for her master, though?"

> Mokou nods.

> _

☆ Check my profile for links to my sites! ☆
[21:12] <OneLoveOnePurvis> *Black as hell and bitter as love. That is coffee.*
[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style
[17:42] <Amra> as she does something out of character

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #361 on: August 18, 2013, 06:51:02 PM »
>"Got it. Good luck holding the fort out here."
>Add "Find Seiga" to our growing list of objectives.
>Drop in at Kourindou and collect the swimsuit before we check out the underground.

« Reply #362 on: August 18, 2013, 07:01:18 PM »
>Find the Taoists.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #363 on: August 18, 2013, 07:11:14 PM »
>Rather, let's carry on toward underground, and add Taoists to our list of things to keep an eye out for.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #364 on: August 18, 2013, 07:47:42 PM »
>"Got it. Good luck holding the fort out here."
>Add "Find Seiga" to our growing list of objectives.
>Drop in at Kourindou and collect the swimsuit before we check out the underground.

> Mokou gives you a thumbs up.

> Quest Added: Find Seiga
   > You've discovered Yoshika floating around in the water missing a hat and an operational ofuda.  Better get Seiga to go collect her.

> You leave the Palaquin behind and return to Kourindou.  Tokiko is still at the counter, idle and reading a thick book.  Your abrupt reappearance shocks Tokiko and she nearly drops her book, but she is mercifully saved from any interaction by Rinnosuke swooping out from the back of the shop with a colorfully-wrapped package in his hands.
> He gives you an exasperated sigh as well as the package.  "You're lucky you didn't ask for something that used a lot of fabric.  I wouldn't have had it finished yet otherwise."
> Obtained: x1 swimsuit

>Find the Taoists.

>Rather, let's carry on toward underground, and add Taoists to our list of things to keep an eye out for.

> You can't just find the Taoists.  After defeating Toyosatomimi no Miko in battle, she and her crew all but abandoned their home under the Myouren Temple and relocated to a yet-unknown location.  The could appear literally anywhere, or they could have retreated from Gensokyo for this incident.  Kaku Seiga, though part of the Taoist group, moves independently of them for the most part and is even harder to track.  At least the others would show up in the Human Village on a semi-regular basis, but perhaps Seiga's actions are a justified in that hermits in general have to worry about encroaching shinigami.
> With that in mind, you leave Kourindou and fly off towards the Underground.  You know of two entrances you could use: the one behind the shrine or the one behind the waterfall on Youkai Mountain.

> _

[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #365 on: August 18, 2013, 07:51:57 PM »
>Get changed into the swimsuit!

>Putting my vote in for the waterfall entrance. We'll see the kappa there, and if the flooding is bad enough that we can't continue they're likely to have a countermeasure.

EDIT: Also, if the shrine entrance worked, we probably would have seen some youkai coming out in that direction after the downpour, so.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 07:54:20 PM by Roukanken »

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #366 on: August 18, 2013, 07:57:27 PM »
>Get changed into the swimsuit!

>Putting my vote in for the waterfall entrance. We'll see the kappa there, and if the flooding is bad enough that we can't continue they're likely to have a countermeasure.

> Equipped: Swimsuit
> You consider using the waterfall entrance due to the high concentration of kappa that live around those parts.

> _

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #367 on: August 18, 2013, 08:08:12 PM »
>Waitasec. Did we pay for that?
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #368 on: August 18, 2013, 08:22:10 PM »
>Waitasec. Did we pay for that?

> ....Oops.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #369 on: August 18, 2013, 08:28:11 PM »
>Oh well, maybe later!
>Let's head toward the Waterfall.
>Keep an eye out for interesting things, or things demanding our attention along the way.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #370 on: August 18, 2013, 08:47:06 PM »
>Oh well, maybe later!
>Let's head toward the Waterfall.
>Keep an eye out for interesting things, or things demanding our attention along the way.

> Rinnosuke can put it on your tab.
> You take off towards Youkai Mountain.  As you fly, you catch sight of fish swimming in the water bubbles that float overhead.  Fish with wing-like fins leap out of the water below, above the submerged forest.  You once pass a sunken castle, most likely long-abandoned and left to the mercy of the waves.  Before you even reach the base of the mountain, you start seeing kappa mixed in with the fish, and after you pass the forest at the base, the rest of the mountain is free from water.  The river that the waterfall is part of flows down the mountain and meets with Gensokyo's new ocean halfway.  The trees here are lush and green from the rain, hiding the Genbu Ravine from your line of visibility.  However, the kappa make no attempt to hide themselves or their apparent joy at this incident, as many are seen swimming down river.  The waterfall is distant but getting closer.  Beyond that, you just barely see the wall that conceals the Tengu Village, as well as the roof of what looks like a shrine.  If there are any tengu out, they're probably mixed in with the kappa so you can't see them.
> As you get closer to the waterfall, you notice that kappa have gathered there too.

> _

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #371 on: August 18, 2013, 09:01:15 PM »
>Approach waterfall and kappa.
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #372 on: August 18, 2013, 09:06:51 PM »
>Was that castle a familiar sight, or something we'd never seen before?

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #373 on: August 18, 2013, 11:17:45 PM »
>Approach waterfall and kappa.

> You make your way towards the waterfall.  The kappa seem to be enjoying themselves too much to be seriously bothered by your presence, but a few heads do turn.

>Was that castle a familiar sight, or something we'd never seen before?

> It was familiar and nostalgic.  You think you solved an incident there long ago, but it doesn't matter anymore.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #374 on: August 18, 2013, 11:39:46 PM »
>Do we recognize anyone among them?

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #375 on: August 19, 2013, 12:03:35 AM »
>Do we recognize anyone among them?

> No, you don't see anyone here that you know.

> _

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #376 on: August 19, 2013, 12:20:18 AM »
>Examine state of waterfall entrance.

>Anyone around here look like they might be willing to talk/trade, or are they busy screwing around?

>Actually, while we're at it, mark down Kanako as a potential culprit. She does have power over rain, after all.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #377 on: August 19, 2013, 12:32:11 AM »
>Examine state of waterfall entrance.

>Anyone around here look like they might be willing to talk/trade, or are they busy screwing around?

>Actually, while we're at it, mark down Kanako as a potential culprit. She does have power over rain, after all.

> You walk behind the waterfall and squint into the darkness.  It's completely dry here, but farther into the cavern you hear the sound of flowing water.
> Kappa only do their business in and around their village.  This is more like a swimming pool for them.  On the other hand, you're sure there's at least one kappa sociable enough to strike up a conversation with you.
> Being on Youkai Mountain reminds you of Kanako, and you have to wonder if she's responsible for this.  Why, though, you can't think of a reason.

> _

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #378 on: August 19, 2013, 12:37:34 AM »
>She has a method, which is more than we can attribute to most potential suspects.

>Find a social looking kappa and ask her if she knows how the Underground is doing.

>Are any of these kappa wearing anything unusual? Something that lets them move faster/stay underwater longer?

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #379 on: August 19, 2013, 12:52:58 AM »
>She has a method, which is more than we can attribute to most potential suspects.

>Find a social looking kappa and ask her if she knows how the Underground is doing.

>Are any of these kappa wearing anything unusual? Something that lets them move faster/stay underwater longer?

> You figure Kanako's abilities are reason enough to suspect her.
> You approach a kappa who is retrieving a plastic ball from some bushes, and ask her about the state of the Underground.
> "Um...?"  She looks at you quizzically.  "Hrm...Isn't that where the Oni live?  No one goes down there, ma'am."
> "Umiko!  What are you doing?" a kappa calls from the riverbank.
> "I'll be right there!" the kappa you're talking to calls back.  She turns back to you.  "Sorry!  I gotta go."
> As she runs off, you take note of what she and the other kappa in the area are wearing.  Some are fully-clothes, and others are wearing bathing suits, or are lightly dressed like Mokou was.  They don't seem to have any special equipment for swimming.

> _

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #380 on: August 19, 2013, 12:54:27 AM »
>Guess we'd better go see for ourselves, then!

>Travel through the entrance to the underground and see how far we can get before it's too wet to continue.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #381 on: August 19, 2013, 01:02:54 AM »
>Guess we'd better go see for ourselves, then!

>Travel through the entrance to the underground and see how far we can get before it's too wet to continue.

> You figure the kappa won't be much help at the moment, so you go on ahead into the tunnel.
> So far, so good.  Even as the kappas' voices fade out and you start to have trouble seeing ahead of you, you haven't encountered any water yet.
> Still, you can hear it, echoing in the walls of the cavern.  As the tunnel twists and turns you start to suspect that you'll actually be able to make it underground.  If you can see where you're going, that is.

> _

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #382 on: August 19, 2013, 01:05:07 AM »
>We really should have bought that lantern.

>Do we have any sort of light charms? Something we can cast with an ofuda, maybe?

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #383 on: August 19, 2013, 01:22:28 AM »
>We really should have bought that lantern.

>Do we have any sort of light charms? Something we can cast with an ofuda, maybe?

> You regret not buying the lantern.
> You could use your danmaku to light up the cavern, if you wanted to.

> _

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #384 on: August 19, 2013, 01:23:20 AM »
>Fire something small and slow, then. Don't wanna hit anybody trying to get out.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #385 on: August 19, 2013, 01:26:25 AM »
>Fire something small and slow, then. Don't wanna hit anybody trying to get out.

> You fire a flurry of basic danmaku.  The bullets float ahead and light up the tunnel before fizzling out.  It's...eerily empty in here.  And you still haven't emerged into the main underground, either.  It's amazing how you can just walk into the underground like this without any resistance.

> _

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #386 on: August 19, 2013, 01:26:55 AM »
>Continue down into the underground proper.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #387 on: August 19, 2013, 01:32:53 AM »
>Continue down into the underground proper.

> You keep going, and going, and going...
> After what feels like forever, when your feet have grown tired, the tunnel starts to slope downwards, a tell-tale sign that you must be getting close.  As you walk down, the sound of rushing water grows louder than ever.  You become aware of the increasing amount of water dripping down from the ceiling, and the sudden chill you feel from stepping on damp stone.  Droplets coalesce into puddles that are frigid and unforgiving compared to the pleasantly cool water from the surface.
> You see a light at the end of the tunnel.  You're almost there.

> _

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #388 on: August 19, 2013, 01:35:49 AM »
>Head towaaaaaard the liiiiiiiiight.

« Reply #389 on: August 19, 2013, 03:14:56 AM »
Man why couldn't you guys tried to fake a Yoshifuda? Like, just a smiley face or something? :P