Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 and 10F  (Read 296251 times)

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 and 10F
« Reply #120 on: July 20, 2013, 01:21:34 AM »
We do not speak of ***WINNER***, ok? We do not SPEAK of that OP BASTARD!
I feel you there my brother... I feel you there... And yeah I do hope we get some of the TD, HM and DDC characters too. Some of them would be nice :D

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #121 on: July 20, 2013, 01:25:45 AM »
I feel you there my sister... I feel you there... And yeah I do hope we get some of the TD, HM and DDC characters too. Some of them would be nice :D
I'm calling it now Miko battle ends up being Eientei BATTLE!
Mamizou ends up being either an event chain or optional boss?
Hata no Kokoro being an event party memeber.
DDC characters... uh... some being battles.
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Earthsiege

• Rational Anarchist
  • The balance of power MUST be preserved.
« Reply #122 on: July 20, 2013, 01:41:45 AM »
kuilfrayt, do you have the Japanese for all the subspecs? I'm trying to think of appropriate names that roll off the tongue a bit better than "X User" and the original kanji might help jog my brain.

Not really sure how to condense "taijutsu" into something RPG-esque without losing the meaning.
Strong Fighter could probably be called Warrior.
For Effect User I'm thinking something like "Enhancer".
Calamity Magician and Toxin User I'd need to think about.
Spoiler:
I half want to throw "Synergist" and "Saboteur" in just for people's reactions. :3
[/sub]

Good lord, I just realized I'm some dingbat trying to play amateur localizer. Is this what people actually do when they make translation patches?
http://pastebin.com/DzbzqF0k - LoT2 reference list. If anyone catches anything, drop me a line.

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
  • I feed on your tears...
« Reply #123 on: July 20, 2013, 01:48:42 AM »
護衛士 - Guardian
体術士 - Taijutsu User
剛術士 - Strong Fighter
魔術士 - Sorcerer
癒術師 - Healer
付術師 - Effect User
禍術師 - Calamity Magician
蟲毒師 - Toxin User

Taijutsu user could maybe go Monk? Fits the style
I'll take warrior for strong user
Enhancer sounds great
Calamity Magician, make it the opposite of enhancer?
Toxin User could be maybe Poisoner?
I stared into the abyss, and the abyss didn't stare back. Even the void doesn't want to be my friend :(

Now working with Touhou-Online in French

Earthsiege

• Rational Anarchist
« Reply #124 on: July 20, 2013, 02:03:20 AM »
And of course I miss and obvious one with Monk. Go me.

I'll think a bit more about the last two. If anyone has any ideas feel free to toss them at me.
http://pastebin.com/DzbzqF0k - LoT2 reference list. If anyone catches anything, drop me a line.

Hawk

• Babababa~
« Reply #125 on: July 20, 2013, 02:13:15 AM »
Guys guys guys.

These classes must be named after Etrian Odyssey classes.  I mean...come on.

Guardian - Hoplite
Taijutsu User - Shogun (they do follow-up attacks and buffs)
Strong Fighter - Landsknecht
Sorcerer - Zodiac
Healer - Medic
Effect User - PRINCESS (Rinnosuke will have to deal)
Calamity Magician - Hexer
Toxin User - Nighthunter

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #126 on: July 20, 2013, 02:22:13 AM »
I like Hexer, but the rest is doesn't really fit the universe of Touhou, other than Shogun, and even then...

Warrior

Spells
Flashing Decapitation (5;3): Cost 4 MP   Row-target: PHYS Attribute   Direct Attack・Hit +12
PHYS subclass Spell that targets an enemy row.

Explosive Flame Sword (5;3) : Cost 4 MP   Single-target: FIR Attribute   Direct Attack・Hit -12
FIR Subclass Spell that targets a single-enemy. Strong power and low cost for a subclass spell. (Lots of typo on this one, the first line says Single-target Row: FIR Attribute, the second line says Heat subclass spell that targets a single-enemy. I can confirm it is single-target and FIR attribute, so I made the changes to reflect that)

Skills
Warrior?s Knowledge (0;0): While the character keeps the subclass [Warrior], the following bonus will be given: Slight increase in HP, TP, ATK and DEF.
Tension Up (2;5): If the skill holder has attacked the enemy in the last turn, His ATK will be increased by (SLv * 4) % after his turn.
Fast Attack (2;5): Gets an ATK increase of (SLv * 8 ) % at the start of a battle.
Strong Normal Attacks (1;8 )(how original): When using the [Attack] Command, It will consume 1 MP to deal more damage.
Mind and Body are as One (2;5): If the skill holder makes an attack with full HP, Damage dealt is increased by (SLv * 5) %
Row Attack Strengthening (3;4): When the skill holder uses a row spell, The damage is increased by (SLv * 10) %
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 02:51:19 AM by kuilfrayt »
I stared into the abyss, and the abyss didn't stare back. Even the void doesn't want to be my friend :(

« Reply #127 on: July 20, 2013, 02:23:19 AM »
Hoplite in EO is "ファランクス" (Phalanx). All of the class names are English names written in Kana in EO from what I've been told, so none of these are EO classes.

Please do not add references where they don't exist in the original.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #128 on: July 20, 2013, 02:34:57 AM »
Spells
Explosive Flame Sword (5;3) : Cost 4 MP   Single-target: FIR Attribute   Direct Attack・Hit -12
FIR Subclass Spell that targets a single-enemy. Strong power and low cost for a subclass spell. (Lots of typo on this one, the first line says Single-target Row: FIR Attribute, the second line says Heat subclass spell that targets a single-enemy. I can confirm it is single-target and FIR attribute, so I made the changes to reflect that)
Didn't ***Winner*** have this move or was it Mannosuke? I'm just wondering because I see that some of the sub-classes have some of the LoT1 enemy/boss battle moves.

Parallaxal

• Moon Sign "Theft of Dreams"
« Reply #129 on: July 20, 2013, 02:40:53 AM »
Explosive Flame Sword was used by Mannosuke and a few other bosses. Shield Bash, as well, was used by those knight-type enemies, if memory serves.

I like "Hexer" for the Calamity Mage, although you can also go with "Enfeebler" if you want to play off the opposites dynamic with Enhancer.

I am opposed to using EO class names otherwise, as a lot of them aren't actually intuitive for what the class actually does. Why does a Princess use enhancing spells? What's a Zodiac have to do with casting magic?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 02:53:27 AM by Parallaxal »

Earthsiege

• Rational Anarchist
« Reply #130 on: July 20, 2013, 02:46:49 AM »
I'm a bigger fan of Hexer meself. I'm also thinking something like "Scourge" or "Corruptor" for Toxin User.

The final game is gonna be wild. Soooooo many options to play around with as far as character augmentation. Granted there are some gimme choices - you'll probably end up playing to a given character's strengths, which limits most to just one or two specs - but still, options!

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #131 on: July 20, 2013, 02:47:26 AM »
Explosive Flame Sword was used by Mannosuke and a few other bosses. Shield Bash, as well, was used by those knight-type enemies, if memory serves.
I thought so.

Edit: I already have a few options in mind of what subclass to make some of the party members, just need to see a full lineup of the other characters and a translation to make my final judgement.

Spoiler:
I wonder if we'll be able to cheat engine like in LoT1 when the full version is out.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 02:50:55 AM by MewMewHeart »

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #132 on: July 20, 2013, 02:50:05 AM »
Hmm Enfeebler quite fits my taste I have to say. Didn't find a translation I liked for the spells name so keeping them as Japanese for now.

Sorcerer
Spells
ペネトレイター (5;3): Cost 4 MP    Row-target: WND Attribute        Magic Attack
WND subclass Spell that targets all enemies in a row. Low delay.

アスビリアサージ (5;3): Cost 4 MP   Single-target: MYS Attribute   Magic Attack ・Hit +15
MYS Subclass Spell that target a single enemy. Strong power and low cost for a subclass spell.

Skills
Sorcerer?s Knowledge (0;0): While the character keeps the subclass [Sorcerer], the following bonus will be given: Slight increase in MP, TP, MAG and MND.
Magic Beating (2;5): If the skill holder has attacked the enemy in the last turn, His MAG will be increased by (SLv * 4) % after his turn.
Mind Assault (2;5): Gets an MAG increase of (SLv * 8 ) % at the start of a battle.
Strong Normal Attacks (1;8 ): When using the [Attack] Command, It will consume 1 MP to deal a great deal more damage.
Knowledge Union (2;5): If the skill holder makes an attack with full HP, Damage dealt is increased by (SLv * 5) %
Powerful Row Attack (3;4): When the skill holder uses a row spell, The damage is increased by (SLv * 10) %

Same skills as the Warrior, just with MAG instead of ATK, with even more boring names!

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #133 on: July 20, 2013, 02:52:33 AM »
Spoiler:
I wonder if we'll be able to cheat engine like in LoT1 when the full version is out.

Well, we can already use it in this demo, so you'll probably be able to use it in the full release.

Parallaxal

« Reply #134 on: July 20, 2013, 02:53:36 AM »
For the Toxin User, I think you may have to get creative with the name. You can go for more generic stuff like "Shaman", "Enchanter", or "Trapper". Actually, I'd be okay with "Saboteur". If you use "Enfeebler" for the former, you can use "Hexer" for this one instead.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #135 on: July 20, 2013, 02:56:27 AM »
Well, we can already use it in this demo, so you'll probably be able to use it in the full release.
Yay! But, I only use it for emergencies like the need to map out things.  :ohdear:

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #136 on: July 20, 2013, 03:01:11 AM »
Well, hopefully we won't have to use it. Imo having to do such an intense grind to kill the last bosses in LoT1 was just bad game design. If you can clear the game without having to cheat or grinding endlessly for just a few boss, then that is a lot more appealing to me. (Also, the fact that the last achievement level is for level 100 gives me the impression that's around the level you will be close to the end, I know you could level almost endlessly, hell, when using the cheat data for all characters, some of them went to like lvl 7000ish, so the game supports it, but does it need it that high? I'm hoping not)

Hawk

• Babababa~
« Reply #137 on: July 20, 2013, 03:02:24 AM »
Hmm Enfeebler quite fits my taste I have to say. Didn't find a translation I liked for the spells name so keeping them as Japanese for now.

Isn't ペネトレイター just "Penetrator"?

Earthsiege

• Rational Anarchist
« Reply #138 on: July 20, 2013, 03:03:42 AM »
For the Toxin User, I think you may have to get creative with the name. You can go for more generic stuff like "Shaman", "Enchanter", or "Trapper". Actually, I'd be okay with "Saboteur". If you use "Enfeebler" for the former, you can use "Hexer" for this one instead.

That's kind of where I was going with "Scourge". I kind of wanted something that wasn't "[Name]er", Iteration Umpteen. 

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #139 on: July 20, 2013, 03:04:01 AM »
Is there something wrong with just using the direct specialty name translations? I think they're fine as-is.

Also, thLaby1's postgame was terribly balanced (Mostly Winner), but the maingame was perfectly great (You did not have to grind at all, with an efficient party; the only exception was right before the final boss, where each encounter practically gives you a level up, so it's not much of a grind to gain 10~30 levels for a reasonable final boss level)

Hopefully if Laby2 gets an expansion the balance will be better, but I have no worries about maingame. Especially since there can be a far bigger focus on strategy, now.

ALSO, QUESTION. Someone earlier mentioned the game being released in less then a month. Is there any actual reason to believe it's getting released at Comiket? I definitely have not heard anything about that, and I haven't seen such a notification on their site.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #140 on: July 20, 2013, 03:08:25 AM »
ALSO, QUESTION. Someone earlier mentioned the game being released in less then a month. Is there any actual reason to believe it's getting released at Comiket? I definitely have not heard anything about that, and I haven't seen such a notification on their site.

http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,15170.msg997582.html#msg997582, there's some speculation there, and if I remember correctly, on the last thread there was a post about seeing a release date for Comiket. Post link http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,13990.msg993363.html#msg993363
The website says 発売予定日:2013年8月中旬 [コミックマーケット84], which means Release Date: Mid 8/2013 (Comiket 84)

Also, correcting myself on the second Sorcerer's spell スピリアサージ, so I'll go with Aspiration Surge
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 03:14:30 AM by kuilfrayt »

« Reply #141 on: July 20, 2013, 03:14:34 AM »
That's kind of where I was going with "Scourge". I kind of wanted something that wasn't "[Name]er", Iteration Umpteen.

"Scourge" was an attack in LoT1 used by some bosses, and is a reference to Wizardry. Given how much the author loves his references, I'd say there is a very good chance of it returning in 2.

I highly recommend not trying to make any kind of localization decision before seeing the entire game.

The Krve

• Power Word : Silence
« Reply #142 on: July 20, 2013, 03:23:41 AM »
A meal before the storm, gentlemen.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/c0lgafczbu7rqm3/img1.dxa
Parallaxal, I will pay real money if you make a TLH2 LP series.

Parallaxal

« Reply #143 on: July 20, 2013, 03:35:28 AM »
Lol I wish, but I'm currently in my 3rd year clinical rotations of medical school, and barely have time for video games at all, let alone doing an actual Let's Play.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #144 on: July 20, 2013, 03:44:31 AM »
Lol I wish, but I'm currently in my 3rd year clinical rotations of medical school, and barely have time for video games at all, let alone doing an actual Let's Play.
Aw... your LP of LoT1 was funny as hell especially with the Mokou fight. Actually, your Yukari strategy (the safe one) was a godsend for me, I cheesed Yukari badly with it so, thanks for the help. I now pass on your strategy to my friends who get stuck on fighting Yukari and they all said it worked like a charm even though some of them used different builds.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 03:46:41 AM by MewMewHeart »

Parallaxal

« Reply #145 on: July 20, 2013, 03:52:58 AM »
Oh, I still intend to play this game for sure, but finding time for a Let's Play seems unlikely. The earliest time I could think of attempting such a thing would be during my residency interview months in my 4th year (so at least a year from now).

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #146 on: July 20, 2013, 03:54:55 AM »
Oh, I still intend to play this game for sure, but finding time for a Let's Play seems unlikely. The earliest time I could think of attempting such a thing would be during my residency interview months in my 4th year (so at least a year from now).
I'll be waiting until then.  :D

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
« Reply #147 on: July 20, 2013, 05:53:45 AM »
護衛士 - Guardian
体術士 - Taijutsu User
剛術士 - Strong Fighter
魔術士 - Sorcerer
癒術師 - Healer
付術師 - Effect User
禍術師 - Calamity Magician
蟲毒師 - Toxin User

Taijutsu user could maybe go Monk? Fits the style
I'll take warrior for strong user
Enhancer sounds great
Calamity Magician, make it the opposite of enhancer?
Toxin User could be maybe Poisoner?

My view of this, if I may give it...

Healer: It can stay as just that, although I would ask if it has something to cure status ailments.
Effect User: Does it just affect status buffs? Can it cure debuffs, or is that a different specialty?
Calamity Magician: Does this affect just status debuffs? Can it negate status buffs on foes?
Toxin User: Enhances status ailments, unless I'm wrong. Which status ailments does it strengthen?

Any thoughts?
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #148 on: July 20, 2013, 08:44:51 AM »
I highly recommend not trying to make any kind of localization decision before seeing the entire game.

Seconding this because some translations will have to change when we see the full game and someone is gonna be butthurt that their idea wasn't kept.

Gesh86

• Buddha may forgive you...
  • but Byakuren won't!
« Reply #149 on: July 20, 2013, 08:55:30 AM »
I also want to give a suggestion for a certain subclass:

体術士 - Taijutsu User

How about the very concentrated term Martial Artist?