Author Topic: Touhou Rage Thread XVI: Last-Second Clipdeaths Edition  (Read 231398 times)

ChronaSE

• Doremy-rekt
Re: Touhou Rage Thread XVI: Last-Second Clipdeaths Edition
« Reply #930 on: August 23, 2015, 04:18:06 PM »
I hate Doremy's last spell in extra, can't get the 1up without capturing it. I hate her butterfly spell as well, it's extremely easy but the hitbox of those can be a bit deceiving if you don't graze carefully.
It's also extremely hard to deathbomb on this game and it's the only extra stage I haven't cleared out of all touhou games.

« Reply #931 on: August 23, 2015, 05:25:03 PM »
I hate Doremy's last spell in extra, can't get the 1up without capturing it.
I hate that too. I managed to capture that spell the first time I faced it, but overall, my success rate on that spell is like 20-25% or so, and it really irritates me that you must capture it to get the 1-up, because otherwise you just get a bomb instead. Why couldn't that 1-up just have been unconditionally given to the player like when beating Extra midbosses in most of the past games? (Or at the very least, allow the player to get the 1-up if they simply survive that spell card, with bomb usage being allowed.)

Also, in Legacy and Extra, you get life pieces for getting at least one million bonus points at the ends of chapters, but if you fall one tiny iota short of that million mark (like if you had 199 graze instead of 200), you get nothing. And, bomb pieces are extremely rare outside of Pointdevice, so why wasn't it made so that so you could at least get a bomb piece in Legacy/Extra by getting at least 500,000 bonus points or something (and maybe give the player both a life piece and a bomb piece if they reach 2 million)?

Lollipop

• stay woke
  • literally and figuratively dying
« Reply #932 on: August 23, 2015, 06:15:53 PM »
I was so close to a IN easy No-Death run (stage 6A) But I died on THE LAST SPELL.  :(  (Insert Kefit.wav)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 07:02:34 PM by Lollipop »
Touhou 1CCS:
Hard: LLS, EoSD(NB), PCB(NB), IN, MoF, TD, DDC(NB), LoLK
Lunatic: EoSD, PCB, DDC, LoLK
Extra: LLS, EoSD, PCB(Extra&Phantasm), IN, MoF, SA, DDC, LoLK
Current Focus: 1cc SA Hard, or an Extra

an unmatched sock

• Um...what's this?
  • Should I be concerned? I think I should be concern
« Reply #933 on: August 23, 2015, 11:27:30 PM »
Beat Junko...but immediately died afterwards.

Although, I'm not even mad, since...well...

This is on normal. The gaps between the bullet rings are way too wide, Junko's invulnerable, and Reimu's shots and move speed are super slow, too. AND the timer is moving at like half speed or so.

So apparently when you die as Junko dies in PointDevice mode, the next instance causes the card to become a Survival card with super slow movement, the bullets fire slower, and it lasts twice as long.

It also doesn't reset back to normal upon death AFTER this glitch happens.

Can anyone else confirm this? (Mods, if this is better off in another thread, please adjust accordingly. LoLK has given me issues and high blood pressure lately, so I thought it would fit in here.)

« Reply #934 on: August 24, 2015, 01:27:15 AM »
Beat Junko...but immediately died afterwards.

Although, I'm not even mad, since...well...

This is on normal. The gaps between the bullet rings are way too wide, Junko's invulnerable, and Reimu's shots and move speed are super slow, too. AND the timer is moving at like half speed or so.

So apparently when you die as Junko dies in PointDevice mode, the next instance causes the card to become a Survival card with super slow movement, the bullets fire slower, and it lasts twice as long.

It also doesn't reset back to normal upon death AFTER this glitch happens.

Can anyone else confirm this? (Mods, if this is better off in another thread, please adjust accordingly. LoLK has given me issues and high blood pressure lately, so I thought it would fit in here.)

This hasn't happened to me, but I've seen it brought up a lot on /v/. Apparently you can fix it by manually resetting the run (i.e. go back to main menu and continue your last waypoint from there)

Things I've done (and maybe will improve):
SA L6MNB | SA Lunatic 3b Scorerun | MoF LNB | PCB LNB |DDC LNB

an unmatched sock

• Um...what's this?
  • Should I be concerned? I think I should be concern
« Reply #935 on: August 24, 2015, 03:25:08 AM »
This hasn't happened to me, but I've seen it brought up a lot on /v/. Apparently you can fix it by manually resetting the run (i.e. go back to main menu and continue your last waypoint from there)

Ah. Well, I went through and timed it out anyway since I was tired of this fight to begin with, but now I'll know for the future. Thanks!

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
« Reply #936 on: August 24, 2015, 01:25:50 PM »
Dat Stage 2 death.
You can't be serious.
Especially now that I learned how those goddamn UFOs work and I was so stocked with bombs ;~;

The nova of the ocean of the cleverness

ZM

• Overly Eager
  • Sanae~
« Reply #937 on: August 24, 2015, 04:51:13 PM »
Dat Stage 2 death.
You can't be serious.
Especially now that I learned how those goddamn UFOs work and I was so stocked with bombs ;~;

Need any help?

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
« Reply #938 on: August 24, 2015, 05:27:33 PM »
Hmm, not now, no, but thank you.

The nova of the ocean of the cleverness

Lollipop

• stay woke
« Reply #939 on: August 24, 2015, 05:48:55 PM »
Luckily UFO lets you keep the bombs you had, and doesn't delete them.
Touhou 1CCS:

Lollipop

• stay woke
« Reply #940 on: August 24, 2015, 06:31:23 PM »
Touhou 1CCS:

Lollipop

• stay woke
« Reply #941 on: August 25, 2015, 04:54:32 AM »
I somehow exited out of LoLK on what probably would have been a 1cc.  :qq:
Touhou 1CCS:

Nolegs the Cat

• >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ. >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ.
« Reply #942 on: August 26, 2015, 10:23:20 AM »
I suck at the first 3 stages of TLC.

Seriously Mary why are your spellcards such fucking RNG storms... fuck you, fuck Corin, fuck my clipping in the most stupid areas
 :qq:

At least Vsync made it better... how well will I need to do at the first 3 stages to 1cc?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 10:26:45 AM by Nolegs the Cat »

Mr Jovial

• Commander of the Whale Legion
  • ~Having a whale of a time~
« Reply #943 on: August 28, 2015, 12:50:14 PM »
Ugh, had a potential new PB turn sour quite fast. Start of the run was part good part bad. Stage 1 I deathbombed to Wriggle's final, then good stage 2 (made up for the lost time points due to the lack of bombs) until I failed Mysty's last spell. Really good stage 3 because I tried some new strategies, got about 3k more time points than usual. Then after that, kept getting bad luck and started making mistakes. Deathbombed on Asteroid Belt because I got sandwiched, then panic bombed 4th non, forgot to misdirect on double spark and ended the stage 0 bombs (you're supposed to end with 4 ;-; ). Stage 5 was a wreck, used the bomb I got at the end of stage 4 on Tewi's first because of bad positioning. Then thought I could suicide because I had max lives and 1 extend to pick up. Messed up a cancel late stage and used that as the suicide, enter Reisen with 5 bombs, looking good. Bad movement RNG on her 2nd non made me die again. Then used 3 bombs on her final (supposed to be 6). Tried to graze normally but died then tried using iframes from respawning to graze but it didn't work out and I deathbombed. Stage 6 was shoddy too, bad spawns on 2 waves of the fairy lines, first one worked out but messed up the second and PoC'd with gauge at +100% :x Then bad RNG on Kaguya's 1st non, Dragon Bullet and 3rd non (2 deathbombs and a death)

Basically, a potentially good run made bad due to a mix of awkward/awful RNG and a couple of mistakes by me (but mostly RNG, I swear). Ended 4.92b :L
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 12:56:25 PM by Mr Jovial »

Nolegs the Cat

« Reply #944 on: August 29, 2015, 02:50:07 AM »
Sooooooooooooooooo.

I got to Iesua's penultimate, panic bombed at the very start (before it even began), spammed X to use my next bomb right after - IT STILL KILLED ME.

Get to Iesua's final with 1 bomb, gameover.
Fufu... =/ :fail:

The reason I bombed before it began was because I was dodging Most Luminous "Angel Halo", the attack before Iesua's survival. I actually captured it (which is nice :3) but bombed right after :V

EDIT: Do stages 1 + 2 lunatic TLC without dying.
Clip 3 times with full bombs in stage 3.
:colonveeplusalpha:
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 02:19:39 AM by Nolegs the Cat »

Lollipop

• stay woke
« Reply #945 on: September 02, 2015, 10:28:31 PM »
Played PCB. Died on THE LAST SPELL. (Insert kefit.wav)
Touhou 1CCS:

Lollipop

• stay woke
« Reply #946 on: September 04, 2015, 02:54:21 AM »
Playing IN. Tried to be cocky. Deathbombed twice on Mystia.
Touhou 1CCS:

Mr Jovial

« Reply #947 on: September 05, 2015, 02:17:41 PM »
All my runs have been awful recently. I'm struggling to get a good start because Nightbug Tornado keeps giving me awful RNG on the light blue balls which seem to block me every attempt. Whenever I do get a good start, I have an absolute nightmare somewhere on stage 2/3. Last run I did was pretty good survival wise, but stage 3 was atrocious (3 deaths and a deathbomb, all to stupid stuff). Also I can capture Half Past 4 (the one you sit on top of Kaguya and graze) easily in spell practice but I've failed it in all of my recent full runs. All this means I'm rarely breaking 5b at the moment...It means I'm losing motivation too :C

EDIT: Also keep getting hit in some way on First Pyramid, can't figure out what I'm doing wrong at all though :X
EDIT2: Wait, I'm supposed to move by predicting when the bubbles get shot on First Pyramid? :ohdear:
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 02:45:56 PM by Mr Jovial »

Uruwi

• Nightmare of Torrential Precipitation
  • 478 million goober
« Reply #948 on: September 05, 2015, 07:39:55 PM »
BPoHC run went excellently. Got the right bosses, and ended relatively few attacks too early.

But...

foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]
Avelantis (demo) Easy YuukiB 426,077,200

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #949 on: September 06, 2015, 08:39:56 AM »
EDIT2: Wait, I'm supposed to move by predicting when the bubbles get shot on First Pyramid? :ohdear:

Yes. If you move when she shoots, you'll die because your character isn't fact enough to dodge them pointblank, in my experience.

Mr Jovial

« Reply #950 on: September 06, 2015, 12:28:04 PM »
Yes. If you move when she shoots, you'll die because your character isn't fact enough to dodge them pointblank, in my experience.
Well, this is interesting. When I learnt that graze I forced myself to move when she shoots because I was so bad at doing it by predicting her shots ;-; Always moved slightly too early and messed it up.
Any suggestions for movement cues? I noticed the bubbles that go to the lower left corner tend to leave the screen completely a little bit before you should move (assuming the bubbles go directly into the corner) but that's flawed since it depends on where the bubbles get aimed and it doesn't work for the first and last movements.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 12:36:05 PM by Mr Jovial »

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #951 on: September 06, 2015, 02:25:39 PM »
Well, this is interesting. When I learnt that graze I forced myself to move when she shoots because I was so bad at doing it by predicting her shots ;-; Always moved slightly too early and messed it up.
Any suggestions for movement cues? I noticed the bubbles that go to the lower left corner tend to leave the screen completely a little bit before you should move (assuming the bubbles go directly into the corner) but that's flawed since it depends on where the bubbles get aimed and it doesn't work for the first and last movements.

Unfortunately I have no tips. I just forced myself to learn the graze by sheer repetition. There may be some visual cue with the bullets' help, though.

« Reply #952 on: September 06, 2015, 03:48:53 PM »
Hecatia's Lunatic Impact ruins a good run. That is all.
1CCs:
Normal: IN (6A and 6B), TD, DDC, UFO, MoF, SA, EoSD, PCB, PoFV, LoLK (Pointdevice, Legacy), HSiFS, WBaWC
Extra: MoF, DDC, UFO, IN, SA, TD, LoLK, HSiFS, WBaWC

SMW Central Profile | MyAnimeList

Nolegs the Cat

« Reply #953 on: September 07, 2015, 08:00:55 AM »
10/10 clip deaths
Would rather not rage again
God damn it Michel. :colonveeplusalpha:
(pun not intended)

1 clip with 1 bomb on Young Branch of Manna (Pescar's bullshit last spell), 2 clips - 1 with 1 bomb, 1 with full bombs, on Michel's second nonspell, gameover with full bombs on Zion's Ladder =_= (Michel's last spell/survival)

God damn it, I didn't even reach stage 6... and I reached Michel with FOUR lives.

From now on I'm just autobombing Michel's second nonspell. It's ruined two runs now, it isn't worth it.
And Young Branch of Manna. I already auto-bomb it but decided it would be prudent to actually try and dodge it =_+
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 09:49:39 PM by Nolegs the Cat »

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #954 on: September 09, 2015, 09:37:25 AM »
Prison Sign "Flash and Stripe"

Someone help

I've lost 50 tries to this on Easy

I know I haven't played a Touhou game since Fairy Wars, so I'm rusty

But dose side lasers can and have killed me less than a second into the card

Just to show you, I've lost a total of 58 lives to this card over a single playthrough. My next highest? Purely Bullet Hell at 21. I've had 151 retries over the course of that play, so that means over a third of my continues were solely to this card.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 10:17:12 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #955 on: September 09, 2015, 12:54:58 PM »
Prison Sign "Flash and Stripe"

Someone help
The side lasers really do come out way too fast and just sucker punch you. :T Anyway, what you should do is look at the backround and find something to serve as a landmark for where you want to be when the lasers come out. The lasers come out at the same spot every time, so you just need to find something clear in the backround to look at for figuring out where you should be.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #956 on: September 09, 2015, 03:28:56 PM »
"Oh, now that I know the system well, Phantasmagoria Trues Unlimited survival is really just a matter of learning the bosses. I bet I can get the clear in a week of grinding..." -Me, 6 weeks ago

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #957 on: September 10, 2015, 10:58:07 AM »
"Oh, now that I know the system well, Phantasmagoria Trues Unlimited survival is really just a matter of learning the bosses. I bet I can get the clear in a week of grinding..." -Me, 6 weeks ago
The bosses in P.Trues are tougher than they look.~

Think of each game as a series of obstacles to get through, each of which you pass with a certain probability.  You can clear each obstacle fairly easily, but the goal is to clear *enough* of them to get the result you want.  The overall probability of getting the run on any given attempt is equal to all of those individual probabilities multiplied by each other.  Now consider that you're playing a very dense, very long game where the obstacles pile right onto each other (as compared to, say, Imperishable Night where they're spread out) and where the probabilities are highly dependent on small variances in how you did previously...

Basically I'm saying that the game's super-difficult and while it's frustrating, it's also normal to continuously get knocked out.  Don't give up.

Talking of stages that don't let up and strings of easy tasks piling up...
"I have some great routes through the RSS Phantasm, and both of the bosses are mostly easy, so any day now it should come down to choking on the eleven-spell boss..."
>gets to Ruri 1/3 of the time (itself an achievement)
>loses a bunch of runs to Ruri's third spell
>gets to Kiyohime very rarely
>dies to Kiyohime's first two attacks almost all of those times
>takes a day or two off to let eyes refresh
>repeats

Mr Jovial

« Reply #958 on: September 11, 2015, 02:44:55 PM »
In the last week or so, in spell practice I've managed about 75/94 captures on Half Past 4, scoring it as normal. SO WHY THE FUCK HAVE I FAILED IT IN ALL OF MY LAST 10 RUNS. THIS IS GETTING AGGRAVATING SINCE EVERY RUN I'VE DONE IN THE LAST 3 WEEKS HAS BEEN UTTER SHIT. CAN'T EVEN BREAK 5B ANYMORE, I've managed it once in the last 3 weeks and it was only 5.05b. Getting angry and horribly demotivated, starting to want to give up scoring because the game hates me.

EDIT: Call me whatever you want, but in an attempt to improve my Half Past 4 experience, I played around with my audio and "relearned" the timing using the graze sound. And by audio I don't mean the SE volume (which I did raise), I actually modified my audio settings and raised the treble volume since the graze sound gets rather difficult to hear once the bubbles start firing. Also going to change my practice method from 5 captures to 10.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 03:31:47 PM by Mr Jovial »

« Reply #959 on: September 11, 2015, 07:17:48 PM »
Hey, I didn't know there was a thread for stuff like this.

Spoiler:
WHY IN THE HOLY MOTHER OF FUCK IS THE HARDEST PART OF THE FUCKING GAME IN FUCKING STAGE FOUR

Spoiler:
FUCK YOU MERLIN FUCK YOUUUUUU

Spoiler:
YOU FUCKING RUINED MY
Spoiler:
(relatively)
PERFECT HARD RUN YOU DISGUSTING PIECE OF FUCKING SHIT

Spoiler:
WHAT THE HELL ZUN