Author Topic: Touhou Rage Thread XVI: Last-Second Clipdeaths Edition  (Read 231389 times)

Re: Touhou Rage Thread XVI: Last-Second Clipdeaths Edition
« Reply #900 on: June 30, 2015, 07:59:17 AM »
@FT: *sink

Sry pls don't kill me pls pls pl- :flamingv:
Lunatic 1cc: 6, 7, 10, and 11 with All Shots; 8 with All Teams & Both Routes; 12, 13, 14
Extra Modes Clear (All Shots): 6 (0-3), 7, 8 (0-3), 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
Other: 9.5 & 12.5 All Clear; Have tried 7.5, 9, 12.8, and a few fan games
Currently working on: Maybe I'll try IN solos or something
Score? Survival? Who cares - it's bullet-dodging catharsis, and I didn't even continue~!! *dances*

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
« Reply #901 on: June 30, 2015, 02:55:32 PM »
@FT: *sink

Sry pls don't kill me pls pls pl- :flamingv:
OH!
RUN!
RUN, I'M COMING FOR YOU!
YADADADADADADADA YADADADADADADADA DODEDAVADADADADADA KABOOM KABOOM!
I am credit to team :)

The nova of the ocean of the cleverness

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
« Reply #902 on: July 03, 2015, 10:49:45 PM »
Sort of a double post, here.
I was playing stage 4 in MOF not a minute ago.
I lost 6 lives.
6 lives
6 lives
6 LIVES
SIX LIVES
SIXLIVESI seriously can't believe I did the feat of running into 4 bullets and misjuding the hitbox of two all in the same run.

Nolegs the Cat

• >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ. >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ.
« Reply #903 on: July 04, 2015, 01:57:32 AM »
SIXLIVES

... That's a thing? Wait, what?
How did I never know that? Oh god that's so awesome...
:V
misjuding the hitbox of two all in the same run.

Like I said on normal don't bother trying to do hitbox-intensive dodges, there's no real point and it's overly risky for normal mode.

Also, Clip Deaths ahoy!  :flamingv:

« Reply #904 on: July 04, 2015, 12:35:10 PM »
You will probably laugh at me since I yet have to complete a Touhou in hard without continues

I was playing SA in normal difficulty, everything going really fine???Of course I must get random deaths messing up my life farm.

SOMEHOW after ONE continue on Orin (which is absolute hell in her spellcards) I got to Utsuho??ANOTHER stupid death because of a random bullet hitting me then I got to the last spellcard with one life, somehow lost that life with stupid deaths again, the boss health bar was afterwards continuing to go down??I had to use my last life's bombs since I was nervous that another random bullet would hit me, the boss almost done???????????????????????I died??????and Utsuho had 1 pixel left (I checked) on her health bar????If my keyboard wasn't made out of aluminium the alt and f4 buttons would have been holes by now.

Imperishable night Normal run with 7 lives (yes 7)

Hey I'm somehow getting close to an 1CC with Yuyuko and Youmu! AGAIN random deaths because who doesn't have them in their run at least once? Get to Marisa, ARGH I hate these star bullets, they fill the whole screen, lose tons of lives. Get to Reisen's stage, argh the bullet spam is big, if I remember I lost another life or two there. Defeat her, choose path, get to Kaguya after surviving really well on the last level even though I needed like 10 time points to fill the counter. Around 2 lives left, lose them all when Kaguya was like on the last bar, die for no reason, BOOM BAD ENDING (I hate how this works plus the time was like 3:00 AM but my deaths probably made this reach 5:00). Oh well at least I know that improved but as usual things like that make me ragequit.

Mountain of Faith normal run

I somehow rarely died in the first 3 levels and I seriously didn't expect that, I almost reached max lives, stage 4 random deaths from the fairies that shoot you the micro bullets. Aya no problem, stage 5 neither but I ended up with like 2 lives on the last stage. DIE IN THE STAGE (before I actually realized I could use 2 bombs, one halfway in and one at the end to max my power level for Kanako). Have to continue, get to Kanako, WIN with last life on the last spell with like 1.00 power.

These games seriously don't want to let me do an 1CC run and they only want my rage.

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
« Reply #905 on: July 04, 2015, 06:21:27 PM »
Awwm, mate, don't worry, you'll eventually get your 1CC. We won't laugh at you or anything. I think.
You know how Touhou goes, sometimes you just get unlucky.

« Reply #906 on: July 04, 2015, 11:27:34 PM »
yeah I already 1CC'd on normal (in order) PoFV (last life, surrounded by bullets and suddenly boss dies) and PCB (which was really great as the feelings are high on that game and I was risking death because of that). But the point of this thread is raging so I didn't specify my 1CCs

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #907 on: July 19, 2015, 05:44:41 AM »
Sort of a double post, here.
I was playing stage 4 in MOF not a minute ago.
I lost 6 lives.
6 lives
6 lives
6 LIVES
SIX LIVES
SIXLIVESI seriously can't believe I did the feat of running into 4 bullets and misjuding the hitbox of two all in the same run.

I was going to post here about how my run went from "holy shit I just deathbombed like ten times in a row without dying because stage 4 is hilarious" to "oh god I keep misjudging aya's nonspells! No, my lives!" but sheesh!
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
« Reply #908 on: July 19, 2015, 04:19:27 PM »
Yeah, mistakes happen.
And... what the hell happened to my avatar? It seriously startled me when I first looked at it.

Nolegs the Cat

« Reply #909 on: July 20, 2015, 01:41:02 AM »
Yeah, mistakes happen.
And... what the hell happened to my avatar? It seriously startled me when I first looked at it.

From the groups thread:

Quote from: Helvetica

The Happy Birthday tag is given to people on their birthday, and it gives them the power to change people's avatars (those that wish to have theirs changed of course). It is tradition for maidens to make threads on their birthdays letting people give their birthday wishes and requesting avatar upgrades if they so desire.

It happened to me, to. This is the most likely explanation.

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
« Reply #910 on: July 20, 2015, 02:30:01 AM »
Thanks for the explanation but I've figured out what was happening on my own.

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
« Reply #911 on: August 04, 2015, 11:17:15 AM »
So I died twice on Stage 2 IN.
My scream sounded a lot like this.

Nolegs the Cat

« Reply #912 on: August 05, 2015, 01:01:10 AM »
So I died twice on Stage 2 IN.
My scream sounded a lot like this.

Was expecting Kefit's infamous scream.

Also, that feeling in IN when you bomb and get hit literally a second or so after you bomb, making you waste two bombs...

Mr Jovial

• Commander of the Whale Legion
  • ~Having a whale of a time~
« Reply #913 on: August 05, 2015, 12:25:34 PM »
Also, that feeling in IN when you bomb and get hit literally a second or so after you bomb, making you waste two bombs...
I think I just bombed Buddhist Diamond before AND after it ended all in 1 bomb ._. I bombed and instantly autocollected the items that dropped (at the bottom of the screen, rip score) after the attack ends but somehow still lost the capture bonus...Don't really know how autocollecting with bombs works, maybe it's more than a single frame at the start of the bomb?

LunaWillow

• >Everyone: Pose as a team
  • The world is real.
« Reply #914 on: August 05, 2015, 03:25:14 PM »
That feeling when you almost capture boss' last spellcard (which gave you problem before) and get hit second before she exploads :getdown:
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS
Hard 1cc: PoFV
Extra Clear: PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF
Other Stuff: ISC all clear

Lord Scalgon

• Trying to get used to things...
« Reply #915 on: August 15, 2015, 08:05:52 AM »
Not really a clipdeath, but the moment I accidentally alt+tab during a stage 5 lunatic run, "TH15.exe has stopped working"

Not once, but twice...first being somewhere in stage 2, only because of that goddamn StickyKeys popup.

Guess no stage 6 lunatic stage practice on my part...as much as I'd request a score.dat with a 1CC LoLK lunatic clear, I'm not sure if anyone has one...

(originally planned on TAS'ing a 1CC lunatic run for spell and/or stage practice...too lazy to do a pointdevice run now)
Current ambition: NBND VoWG timeout.  Best run: NB1D

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #916 on: August 16, 2015, 03:32:08 AM »
Man today is just not my day. I don't know if it's because I'm still really rusty and just don't realize it (I mean, I don't feel rusty or anything...) or because I don't know LoLK as well as I think I do. But I keep making so many bad decisions and I'm not making much progress anywhere as a result. I can't even record NMNB runs of any of the first three stages, which have been out for months by now. >.<
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Nolegs the Cat

« Reply #917 on: August 17, 2015, 08:33:34 AM »
On the car on the way home: "Okay, today I'm going to capture Hourai Jewel lunatic."
1.5 hours and 150 attempts after I get home: "WHY THE FUCK WILL YOU NOT DIE, MOONBITCH?"

Screw you Kaguya...  :qq:

guess which boss i'm having every bit of trouble with

Seiran? :P
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 12:14:07 AM by Nolegs the Cat »

Lollipop

• stay woke
  • literally and figuratively dying
« Reply #918 on: August 17, 2015, 10:35:40 PM »
So I was having a game of Subterranean Animism on Easy ,(Haha yes I suck at Touhou don't rub it in my face) So I did Stages 1 - 3 with 2 deaths in total, on Stage 4 I lost a life (stupid lasers), Stage 5 sucked (On "Spleen Eater", I ran into the spirit things TWICE), Utusho kicked my ass, and on Hell's Artificial sun, I die after Utusho explodes, but before the red bullets disappear, and that was my last life so I had to use a continue and I was like  :getdown: NO YOU CAN'T DO THAT COME ON THAT'S BS
Touhou 1CCS:
Hard: LLS, EoSD(NB), PCB(NB), IN, MoF, TD, DDC(NB), LoLK
Lunatic: EoSD, PCB, DDC, LoLK
Extra: LLS, EoSD, PCB(Extra&Phantasm), IN, MoF, SA, DDC, LoLK
Current Focus: 1cc SA Hard, or an Extra

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #919 on: August 18, 2015, 12:06:59 AM »
guess which boss i'm having every bit of trouble with

« Reply #920 on: August 18, 2015, 01:57:32 AM »
Everything about Clownpiece. Everything. I've had to resort to literally bombing everything she does. Tried getting through a practice run using no bombs. lolnope

I just want to get to Junko who is 100x easier -.-
Normal 1CC's - EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, LoLK
Hard 1CC's - EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, DDC
Lunatic 1CC's - PCB, IN, PoFV
Extra Clears - EoSD (+Ultra), PCB (+Phantasm), IN (+Ultra), PoFV, MoF, DDC
Youtube

« Reply #921 on: August 18, 2015, 11:53:16 PM »
MoF stage 3 double lag spike= 2 pichuuns....plus one more pichuun from random sticky key that made Reimu go and hug the wall.
:colonveeplusalpha:

« Reply #922 on: August 20, 2015, 04:34:46 AM »
I died at the very end of Sagume's last card on an otherwise perfect run  of stage 4 and then I die to everything trying to get the perfect afterwards
This game can be very annoying...

Things I've done (and maybe will improve):
SA L6MNB | SA Lunatic 3b Scorerun | MoF LNB | PCB LNB |DDC LNB

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #923 on: August 21, 2015, 11:39:38 AM »
Getting to Junko with max lives on a no-bomb run and still losing.

« Reply #924 on: August 21, 2015, 08:23:55 PM »
Just fuck everything about LoLK extra.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Nolegs the Cat

« Reply #925 on: August 23, 2015, 05:48:08 AM »
LOLK stage 1 lunatic is bullshit.
Good to know.
AKA I'm horrible. Can't even 1-death LOLK stage 1 lunatic

Guess a lunatic 1cc is out of the picture, unless you can afford to bomb literally everything and still 1cc =/
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 07:21:44 AM by Nolegs the Cat »

« Reply #926 on: August 23, 2015, 07:31:38 AM »
Hello! Looks like this is just the thread for me to show my latest "accomplishment". (youtube link)
This happened to me while I was streaming Touhou as usual. I bet a cookie that this  happened to at least 5 people before me.

SA is my favourite Touhou game now.

Mesarthim

• Oh no, which direction should I move?
  • Clumsy
« Reply #927 on: August 23, 2015, 09:00:18 AM »
Just fuck everything about LoLK extra.

I just cleared it. Nonspells make me want to punch something (and Junko) but fine-tuning this is going to be... ass. Can't I just grab my hitbox and throw it behind Junko's next volley or something? Dodging her stuff in extra is seemingly impossible on Reisen.

I would rather fight Clownpiece. Yes I said it. I am much better at Clownpiece than some of the extra nonspells or Junko.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 09:09:20 AM by Mesarthim »

Hard 1cc: 4 (LLS), 6 (EoSD),7 (PCB),8 (IN),9 (PoFV),10 (MoF),11 (SA),12 (UFO),12.8 (GFW)13 (TD), 14 (DDC), 15 (LoLK)
Lunatic 1cc: 8 (IN), 9 (PoFV), 11 (SA), 12.8 (GFW), 14 (DDC)
Extra Clear: 4 (LLS) ,5 (MS) ,6 (EoSD),7 (PCB),8 (IN),9 (PoFV),10 (MoF),11 (SA),12 (UFO),12.8 (GFW),13(TD), 14 (DDC), 15 (LoLK)

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
« Reply #928 on: August 23, 2015, 01:21:10 PM »
Laugh while you can, Unzan.
Laugh while you can.
Soon those fists of yours are gonna find their way up your arse.

Nolegs the Cat

« Reply #929 on: August 23, 2015, 01:24:28 PM »
Laugh while you can, Unzan.
Laugh while you can.
Soon those fists of yours are gonna find their way up your arse.

Also grr, finished a run of EoSD practice mode stage 6 lunatic with 1 life/1 bomb =_+