Author Topic: Touhou Rage Thread XVI: Last-Second Clipdeaths Edition  (Read 231447 times)

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
Re: Touhou Rage Thread XVI: Last-Second Clipdeaths Edition
« Reply #780 on: January 03, 2015, 03:01:10 PM »
Evidently you have issues with some parts of UFOs system. For example the flashy UFO tokens: When they're about to change, they go really really flashy, so it's natural to sometimes catch them right after they changed color (and if you didn't know, they stay in their current color if you hover near them). Summoned UFOs following you is something you can account for in your play since you know it will happen. Fairies that carry UFO tokens always spawn in the same spot to my knowledge, so again something you can account for (I also believe their movement is static). Yeah, some patterns are random. I'll give you that point. But it's usually worth it to use a bomb to collect a token if it means you can gain an extra life (or bomb+bomb piece).

Good of you to tell me you don't like crude language. Of course, I don't intend to offend someone with the way I type, but I really don't care if you get offended by something like that. I'm not attacking you directly with that, so for as long as that is the case, you can be offended for all I care. being offended makes you neither right nor does it give you any right over my person (or rather over my way of typing). 

« Reply #781 on: January 03, 2015, 03:34:06 PM »
As I said, route = execution. Of course you can account for all of those and map out the perfect solution. Will you be able to pull it off every single time? Yeah, if you got machine-perfect timing and precision and luck with the random patterns. My rant here is (and has been ever since I started playing that abomination lol) that UFO is hard because of something else than just dodging bullets, when it's a main numbering in a mainly bullet-dodging series. (Oh, and I used to hate PoFV for its un-patterned chaos as well - Easy often has you dodging Hard density/speed of other games, and a lot of it is about charge attack strategies and such)

Well, sure I can't control your actions, but sure you must know already that you can't control others' reactions either. I'm just saying that I often find it difficult to be on good terms with someone when they use crude language towards me - even if as a joke. It's more of a request than a demand.

Lol, never thought I'd hate a Touhou gimmick more than Aya (not 10-8) in 9.5 - and with her I wanted to tie her up and slowly rip her into a thousand pieces by the time I captured 9-6. And I hate violence and gore in general.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 03:49:25 PM by Pakken11 »
Lunatic 1cc: 6, 7, 10, and 11 with All Shots; 8 with All Teams & Both Routes; 12, 13, 14
Extra Modes Clear (All Shots): 6 (0-3), 7, 8 (0-3), 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
Other: 9.5 & 12.5 All Clear; Have tried 7.5, 9, 12.8, and a few fan games
Currently working on: Maybe I'll try IN solos or something
Score? Survival? Who cares - it's bullet-dodging catharsis, and I didn't even continue~!! *dances*

« Reply #782 on: January 03, 2015, 09:01:15 PM »
woah someone hates ufo as much as I do hey friend

Uh as for me I guess I died on kanako's last card when I was about to get my first normal 1cc
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 09:02:56 PM by pokemon123 »
Touhou games 1cced(sadly on easy mode) MOF,DDC,IN,TD,POFV,UFO,EOSD,SA

« Reply #783 on: January 04, 2015, 12:25:47 AM »
PT has broken me. I got to Alice's last card with four lives. I still got a game over. I lost two on her first phase because I'm an idiot, but two lives should have been enough to survive the second half. Apparently not, though. I give up on this run. I force-unlocked Terminus, and it feels good. I'm not gonna deal with those seven stages of hell for a long time.
Normal 1cc's: LLS, MS, EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Hard 1cc's: EoSD, PCB, IN
Extra Clears: EoSD, PCB + Phantasm, IN, MoF, TD, DDC
Phantasmagoria Trues Clears: Standard Regular
Goals: Phantasmagoria Trues Unseen Standard 1cc, MoF XNM, MoF XNF

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #784 on: January 04, 2015, 01:47:33 AM »
PT has broken me. I got to Alice's last card with four lives. I still got a game over. I lost two on her first phase because I'm an idiot, but two lives should have been enough to survive the second half. Apparently not, though.
It's an extremely fickle attack even if you know what you're doing, so don't feel too awful.

« Reply #785 on: January 04, 2015, 04:14:33 AM »
woah someone hates ufo as much as I do hey friend

*hi5*  :V :V

It's like I'm playing IWBTG when I'm actually not and don't even want to - ever lolol
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 11:42:03 AM by Pakken11 »
Lunatic 1cc: 6, 7, 10, and 11 with All Shots; 8 with All Teams & Both Routes; 12, 13, 14
Score? Survival? Who cares - it's bullet-dodging catharsis, and I didn't even continue~!! *dances*

Mr Jovial

• Commander of the Whale Legion
  • ~Having a whale of a time~
« Reply #786 on: January 06, 2015, 12:49:07 PM »
Ugh, almost NMNB IN extra but I failed Imperishable Shooting on the third wave because I was too aggressive :<

« Reply #787 on: January 08, 2015, 06:07:15 AM »
meh realized this was whiny
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 07:13:54 AM by pokemon123 »
Touhou games 1cced(sadly on easy mode) MOF,DDC,IN,TD,POFV,UFO,EOSD,SA

« Reply #788 on: January 09, 2015, 01:07:35 PM »
Why can't Sanae be meaner to Kogasa. Really, I feel like BREAKING  one of her legs and making her a REAL karakasa  >:( >:( >:(
Actually, both of them, along with her neck, would be REALLY nice  :flamingv:

Ugh, I feel like I'm playing (or moar liek "attempting" >_>) the Just 1% Mission from DJ Max Portable 2 ALL OVER AGAIN - you know, again and again and again and again and again until you just BLOW UP, throw the machine against the wall, and go cry in the corner  :colonveeplusalpha:
Over 2 hours straight of playing and my elbows hurt so bad right now QQQQQ
(I play with my elbows resting on my quads and my nose deep in the screen lol)

Well, at least I got to mid-Byakuren on one of the two billion restarts, and THAT was with all kinds of stupid deaths and UFO trolling lolol - I had pretty much given up by the time I started Stage 5 with 3 lives (and Stage 6 with none QQQQQQ)

(Hint: I think the several days of not-playing helped. Rhythm Game? Danmaku? It's all about "cooldowns"  ;) )
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 01:12:04 PM by Pakken11 »

Andrew

• Retired player
« Reply #789 on: January 11, 2015, 06:05:54 AM »

That last photo would have brought my score above 460k if I hadn't missed the nice shot.

« Reply #790 on: January 11, 2015, 10:58:54 AM »
Perfect Ichirin, and I still do mid-Byakuren. *chabudai gaeshi*

LunaWillow

• >Everyone: Pose as a team
  • The world is real.
« Reply #791 on: January 13, 2015, 06:20:45 PM »
I... I was so close to clear SA normal... I died on Okuu's last Spell Card... Just because I lost too many lives on her previous one... But everything went good! Even Orin, that's often problematic for me. I can't believe this... *sob*
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS
Hard 1cc: PoFV
Extra Clear: PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF
Other Stuff: ISC all clear

Uruwi

• Nightmare of Torrential Precipitation
  • 478 million goober
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]
Avelantis (demo) Easy YuukiB 426,077,200

Rio

« Reply #793 on: January 18, 2015, 12:18:21 AM »
I was gonna beat DDC on Lunatic.
Until Sukuna's timeout spell came and I died, I was also on my last life.
i never played ddc ever since that day

« Reply #794 on: January 25, 2015, 06:34:23 PM »
Started Stage 5 with 5 lives. FIVE lives. F-I-V-E lives. I used all 5 of my bombs on Murasa to get it, too. I was so nervous (and cold) that I was shivering all throughout.
And yet I still died.

At this point, it's not even rage anymore. Where's a shoulder I can cry on *sniff* Q~Q

Uruwi

• Nightmare of Torrential Precipitation
  • 478 million goober
« Reply #795 on: January 25, 2015, 08:18:55 PM »
Started Stage 5 with 5 lives. FIVE lives. F-I-V-E lives. I used all 5 of my bombs on Murasa to get it, too. I was so nervous (and cold) that I was shivering all throughout.
And yet I still died.

At this point, it's not even rage anymore. Where's a shoulder I can cry on *sniff* Q~Q

You should enter Stage 5 with at least 6 or 7 lives; otherwise, you're not going past Byakuren.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]
Avelantis (demo) Easy YuukiB 426,077,200

« Reply #796 on: January 25, 2015, 09:02:15 PM »
You should enter Stage 5 with at least 6 or 7 lives; otherwise, you're not going past Byakuren.

I have done Byakuren before with continues, i.e. 2 lives 2 bombs, and I can collect up to 4~5 bombs in stage 6.
This was due to 2 stupid deaths, each on Shou and Nue. That, and a miscalculated UFO summon - had a piece missing on both life and bomb.
I even entered Stage 6 with 3 lives and no bombs, and then managed to collect 4 more. 3 lives and 4 bombs should've been way more than enough.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 09:06:32 PM by Pakken11 »

Cream Soda

• stage 2 boss
« Reply #797 on: January 25, 2015, 10:55:47 PM »
I was gonna beat DDC on Lunatic.
Until Sukuna's timeout spell came and I died, I was also on my last life.
i never played ddc ever since that day
I once lost a credit while she was exploding. It just means you need to get better. You can do it!!! :3
If you practice enough, you can clear the whole game without being hit, bombing, or summoning a UFO. An extra life is just generosity; you don't actually *need* it.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #798 on: January 26, 2015, 04:08:14 AM »
Quote from: Cream Soda
An extra life is just generosity; you don't actually *need* it.

Ehh, a lot of us can't operate without ample insurance
Like myself. And my newly acquired habit of dying up to three times on spells I could previously cap in my sleep.

I can't tell if I should never play again, or never stop playing again

« Reply #799 on: January 26, 2015, 06:21:52 AM »
And yet I still died.

Obligatory UFO thing to mention
Keep at it, it's just a matter of practice (and patience), five lives on stage 5 should be enough to clear with what's available in there and in stage 6

Things I've done (and maybe will improve):
SA L6MNB | SA Lunatic 3b Scorerun | MoF LNB | PCB LNB |DDC LNB

Emerald Mint

• Gemstone
« Reply #800 on: January 26, 2015, 08:39:38 AM »
can't believe i've been pulling my hair out over EoSD for the challenge over the last few days. i don't know why, but every time i'm distracted or misread a bullet, due to lack of hitbox, i just end up dying without the chance to bomb. and when this rages me enough that i already had bombs in stock prior, I either mash ALT-F4 or start over from scratch. doesn't matter which difficulty i play on, gets me every time

« Reply #801 on: January 27, 2015, 09:29:22 AM »
Ten attempts at UFO stage 4. Ten. No success. Got to Murasa's last spellcard with zero lives and zero bombs on the last go and got splatted instantly. And I kept fucking up the mid-boss thing after getting it perfect the first couple of times (maybe out of sheer stupid luck, idk).

Fucking fuck a fuck.

« Reply #802 on: January 27, 2015, 11:16:07 AM »
Ten attempts at UFO stage 4. Ten. No success. Got to Murasa's last spellcard with zero lives and zero bombs on the last go and got splatted instantly. And I kept fucking up the mid-boss thing after getting it perfect the first couple of times (maybe out of sheer stupid luck, idk).

Fucking fuck a fuck.

It's UFO. It's like taking care of a beagle - you don't get better at it, you just get used to your room/resources going all over the place all the time.
I can't even begin to describe my feelings toward it lol

« Reply #803 on: January 27, 2015, 12:34:47 PM »
I dunno man, I have seen people get better at UFO :/

« Reply #804 on: January 27, 2015, 01:26:03 PM »

They say that for beagles, too.

Cream Soda

• stage 2 boss
« Reply #805 on: January 27, 2015, 02:07:45 PM »

Fucking fuck a fuck.
Ten is... not that many. Some advice: if you can perfet the stage part, get the 1-up from the midboss, and get an extend from four red UFOs, you can bomb all of Minamitsu's attacks. If you're brave enough to get green UFOs instead, just six of them is more than enough to bomb all her patterns and not lose a life during your run, with a few extra bombs to spare as well.
See, this guy knows.

« Reply #806 on: January 27, 2015, 06:29:50 PM »
Ten is... not that many.

Dunno, I saw Byakuren about 20 times total, including stage practice and all, before FINALLY getting my Lunatic 1cc, and it felt like a pretty huge "finally" to me - huge enough to actually break me for a while.

But it might just be me - I get frustrated with stuff like this when I can't get it right within a set of like 5~10 tries lol
Probably also why I can't bother with stage practices - I get nauseated from the first few runs lolol

See, this guy knows.

Not the beagles, apparently.

« Reply #807 on: January 27, 2015, 07:23:17 PM »
I actually do A LOT of more stage practice from various stages of various games than actual runs...

I dunno, I just find it fun...

Lately I am trying to focus on getting another Lunatic 1cc- MoF is my next target. We will see how it goes...

Emerald Mint

• Gemstone
« Reply #808 on: January 27, 2015, 11:51:00 PM »
Pretty angst that my work in trying to get the EoSD lunatic clear has been undone, since I had no screenshot. No doubt I'm going to lose sleep over this.

« Reply #809 on: January 29, 2015, 10:24:39 AM »
Lately I am trying to focus on getting another Lunatic 1cc- MoF is my next target. We will see how it goes...

For a moment I read "no focus" instead of "to focus" and got scared lol

MoF is all about bombing. That, or CHO-MERISA >8DDDD *shot*