Author Topic: Touhou Rage Thread XVI: Last-Second Clipdeaths Edition  (Read 231427 times)

Re: Touhou Rage Thread XVI: Last-Second Clipdeaths Edition
« Reply #750 on: December 10, 2014, 01:52:48 AM »
you're getting there, keep trying.

if you're not using ReimuA, you can sit on top of Koishi during bombs to cancel some bullets with your hitbox (you can actually do this with ReimuA, but it's more risky because the invincibility wears off very quickly)

Things I've done (and maybe will improve):
SA L6MNB | SA Lunatic 3b Scorerun | MoF LNB | PCB LNB |DDC LNB

« Reply #751 on: December 10, 2014, 06:00:07 AM »
goodbye easy 710 million :V :V :V better die to easy stray bullets before patchy
pic.twitter.com/kbD4XFr30e

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #752 on: December 10, 2014, 12:22:58 PM »
IaMP is really getting me mad, mostly when fighting Marisa. Stardust Reverie seems to be the only spell card that destroys me and I can't figure out how to jump over it while doing the damage I need. Either I do damage but take damage or I dodge it easy but lost any chance to attack.

Youmu I love you and all but I hate you all the same, you give me so much trouble on PCB. I end up losing most of my live on stage 5 and barely make it to Yuyuko.
Touhou Fugyouseki ~ Nightmare of Sleeping Girl English Patch
I run a crappy YouTube channel, check it out if you wish~

Cream Soda

• stage 2 boss
« Reply #753 on: December 11, 2014, 11:29:03 AM »

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #754 on: December 14, 2014, 01:50:41 AM »
Hi spell card 8-4 go die in a fire. 502 attempts in a row already, including dying when boss has 0 health, dying while boss explodes, 10 times each.

« Reply #755 on: December 14, 2014, 06:57:47 AM »
wrong thread derp
Touhou games 1cced(sadly on easy mode) MOF,DDC,IN,TD,POFV,UFO,EOSD,SA

« Reply #756 on: December 16, 2014, 08:58:24 PM »
Marisa Kirisame what is WRONG with your nonspells. Literally the only thing stopping me from clearing Extra.

« Reply #757 on: December 18, 2014, 11:25:33 AM »

« Reply #758 on: December 18, 2014, 08:11:41 PM »
tfw Philosophy of a Hated Person is something you will never not lose a life to
(Seriously how do you do this card? I can do the first phase easily but the other two are just insane.)

Cream Soda

• stage 2 boss
« Reply #759 on: December 18, 2014, 09:14:18 PM »
In the first part, the top-right part of the screen is safe. In the second part, you kind of have to memorize it, but the idea is to start in the bottom right, go to the top left, and then move to the right. In the third part, the bullets are moving only horizontally or vertically, despite the illusion, so you basically want to move right, move down, and stay inside a square while it moves to the top left when the explosions pass. It's a tricky spell.

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #760 on: December 19, 2014, 09:47:57 AM »
WHY WHY WHY am I so bad at dodging bullets from below WHY.
WHY AM I SO BAD even after playing for so long.

ISC 4-3 (0/386), 5-5 (0/217), 9-2 (1/331), 10-2 (0/471)
PLEASE GO DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE I never want to see you again.

« Reply #761 on: December 20, 2014, 12:13:14 AM »
What Sub Item are you using to help you with the scenes?

The answer is the Sub- Cursed doll, mate. Praise Cursed Doll?s sub shots! Seriously they are OP, and while it isn't NEEDED (I think I can safely say you pretty much DO need it if you intent to do 10-4 No Item, though), there is NO reason NOT to use it...

Save maybe on very few scenes where its better to use the Camera instead. But I can count those with the fingers of my hand.

But seriously, I do really hope you are doing it with the Doll Shot- I cant even begin to IMAGINE the hell this game would be, attempting to No Item stuff without it in certain scenes... that's just unnecessary difficulty :/

Most of the scenes you listened there are just pure dodging/RNG fest AFAIK. Except 9-2, but apparently you captured it already (?), so that's cool.

If it makes you feel better, I doubt you are so bad at dodging, 4-3 in particular is almost pure RNG praying. It has almost as much RNG as 5-2- which is really saying something.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 12:16:05 AM by IlikeBulletZ »

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #762 on: December 20, 2014, 01:58:06 AM »
Yeah I'm using the doll sub and maximizing damage by trying to sit on the boss.
Eventually I got 10-2 (1/626) by having good luck on all 6 waves,
and 5-5 (1/310) by having some very lucky dodges as well.

Yeah I captured 9-2 a while ago, but it was also pure luck as well - don't read half of the bullets and have all of them pass by magically, and then having good enough luck to consistently sit on top of the boss without death and end it quickly. It's not as satisfying when you know you still can't read it  :V

Seriously, I just feel like I lack an ability to read things coming from bottom and always see gaps/walls way too late and can't react.

EDIT: actually, I found another one of those cards with bullets from below........ damn it 10-3. Now it's going to take 124534890 tries again because I just can't swim backwards through that shit at the speed of light :(
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 03:37:12 AM by MTSranger »

« Reply #763 on: December 22, 2014, 12:10:20 PM »
>pretty good run of DDC Hard
>dies three times to Benben's second like an idiot
 :colonveeplusalpha:

Kurtis

• A guy who changes his profile picture constantly.
  • A Normal Mode Player
« Reply #764 on: December 24, 2014, 04:28:22 AM »
There I was, about to capture Murasa's third spell-card (Harbor Sign "Phantom Ship Harbor"). Finally, that little drumming noise played when you're about to capture a card. I thought to myself, "Wow, only one more of Murasa's spell-cards to go and I haven't died at all yet!" But all of a sudden, Murasa was pulling her anchors back in and it slammed right into me! I apparently positioned myself (barley) under the very, very tip of the anchor's arrow-like sides.

That darn anchor slammed into me...

Right when I was going to capture the card...

I also had multiple bombs that had gone to waste...

:colonveeplusalpha:
Main games that I've cleared on Normal (1cc): EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, TD, and DDC.

Goal: Getting a normal 1cc on UFO.

« Reply #765 on: December 27, 2014, 05:03:55 AM »
So a few days ago, I practice SA Lunatic Stage 4, 5, and 6, then go for a full run.
After a couple restarts, I get to Satori WITHOUT DYING(!!!), but then she takes 5 (F-I-V-E) LIVES.
How.. What.. Why.. I didn't even... WHAT??!?!?!!!!
Lunatic 1cc: 6, 7, 10, and 11 with All Shots; 8 with All Teams & Both Routes; 12, 13, 14
Extra Modes Clear (All Shots): 6 (0-3), 7, 8 (0-3), 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
Other: 9.5 & 12.5 All Clear; Have tried 7.5, 9, 12.8, and a few fan games
Currently working on: Maybe I'll try IN solos or something
Score? Survival? Who cares - it's bullet-dodging catharsis, and I didn't even continue~!! *dances*

Mr Jovial

• Commander of the Whale Legion
  • ~Having a whale of a time~
« Reply #766 on: December 27, 2014, 01:35:12 PM »
1MNB run on IN extra, died to Mokou's 2nd spellcard (the one with the aimed phoenixes) because I wanted time points for grazing and got almost trapped. Nearly escaped but went too far and hit the red spiky stuff from a previous phoenix. Shame. Was also the first run I capped her last nonspell so yay?

« Reply #767 on: December 27, 2014, 07:46:18 PM »
Rant Alert!

So after trying SA extra stage for GOD KNOWS HOW MANY ATTEMPTS, I just have to say this:

You know what, Koishi?

SCREW YOU, YOU WIN.

I QUIT.

1) Your stage is annoying to do, easy, but annoying nonetheless. Because every single time I want to get to you I have to do the same  shit again and again and again and again and again and again and again and AGAIN..........

2) Your battle is just plain ridiculous. I don't know why, but its like I cant even play properly anymore. Its like at the very moment you and your fucking BGM show up, I lose all my Danmaku experience and behave like a complete idiot, losing lifes without bombing in the EASY AS HELL NONSPELLS!!!

3) Even when I DO play almost perfectly ("Perfectly"= Trying play my best and Deathbombing almost every time), I just. CANT. Take down your crappy Final Spell, if I even get there, oh wait I did so 4 times, but I died when you had less than 20% of your health bar because of your stupid, idiotic, BS hitbox Roses, and finally, honestly I am just sick of this, I cant even do the fairies at the start now, WHAT THE HELL...

NO, just no, screw this.

I will return later when I get a couple of 1cc Lunatics in other games, because apparently, one needs to have the skill level to 1cc multiple Lunatics to beat you, despite the fact that, you know, I have beaten nearly ALL the other Extra Bosses back when I didn't had a SINGLE Lunatic 1cc under my belt, and I have beaten them all within the span of around 1 or 2 days of playing, at the very most, while I have been attempting to defeat you for...

I really don't want to think about it. It has been 3 weeks now? No clue Ok to be completely fair, I obviously haven't spent the entire 3 weeks attempting to do this shit EX stage, I have been doing other runs too, but still

Anyway, I guess you truly aren't just some ordinary Ex Boss, so that does not apply to you, I REFUSE to believe you are even remotely close in difficulty than the other EX bosses, THATS HOW STUPID HARD YOU ARE, GO DIE IN A FIRE, KTHXBYE.

EDIT: Forgot the heart hitboxes. Those are sort of screwed, as well.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 08:15:28 PM by IlikeBulletZ »

Kurtis

• A guy who changes his profile picture constantly.
  • A Normal Mode Player
« Reply #768 on: December 28, 2014, 05:19:46 AM »
Have you ever had those moments where you find yourself trying to capture an extremely hard spell card, but you go, "no thanks, this is way too hard. I'll just bomb this card". So you sit back, lower your guard down, let go of the arrow keys and push the X button...

Only to find out you have no bombs...

*pchuun*
Main games that I've cleared on Normal (1cc): EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, TD, and DDC.

Goal: Getting a normal 1cc on UFO.

« Reply #769 on: December 28, 2014, 07:57:44 PM »
Have you ever had those moments where you find yourself trying to capture an extremely hard spell card, but you go, "no thanks, this is way too hard. I'll just bomb this card". So you sit back, lower your guard down, let go of the arrow keys and push the X button...

Only to find out you have no bombs...

*pchuun*

LOL, I've definitely had that happen before! I've also had times when I decided to bomb, only for nothing to happen because I had no bombs, but then I go on to capture the spell card that I would've failed if I did have a bomb to use there. For that reason, sometimes I feel like I'm more likely to capture tricky spell cards if I have no bombs.

« Reply #770 on: December 29, 2014, 02:04:29 AM »
Was doing a Youmu nofocus timeout of Fantasy Seal -Fader- on Lunatic, and I would have had it at 29 tries instead of 117 if I didn't smack my face into one of the little yin-yang orbs Reimu throws out at 3 seconds left... the black part just blended into the background so well.

My first DDC Hard 1cc ever, and I went from something like 7 spare lives to 3 because I died, in order, with at least a bomb in stock each time, twice to Seija's easy first and second nonspell (full bombs), once to point-blanking on her final, once to crashing into the spirits on Stage 6, and once again to Seija on her annoying crossing-walls nonspell.  On top of that, I missed the easy 2.0 life piece at the beginning of Stage 6. I was raging so hard by the time I got to Shinmyoumaru that I just instabombed her first spell without even trying to dodge it. :P

I've completely stopped trying to time out Saigyouji Flawless Nirvana, since it fills me with the most incoherent rage I've ever felt. 1400 tries and the closest I've gotten is something like 35 seconds. I always die to stupid things too, like really slow butterflies that I inch into.

« Reply #771 on: December 31, 2014, 08:34:06 PM »
I don't know if I should be mad about this or not but this was my second run that reaches stage 6 with a score that is easy to WR with as long as I don't die and I once again, die on something that could be called easy.
This time on stage 6 opening bullets because of some really weirdly difficult RNG that I have never seen before, and last time on young demon lord... I hope this isn't going to be a trend
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=35764

« Reply #772 on: January 01, 2015, 05:35:31 AM »
So I capture Concerto Grosso but die on Stygian Riverside? What is WRONG with me lolol

Took three (four?) tries for that 1cc (Luna). Alice and Chen weren't very nice to me today Q~Q
Lunatic 1cc: 6, 7, 10, and 11 with All Shots; 8 with All Teams & Both Routes; 12, 13, 14
Score? Survival? Who cares - it's bullet-dodging catharsis, and I didn't even continue~!! *dances*

« Reply #773 on: January 03, 2015, 08:15:28 AM »
Sorry for double post, but I just must.

UNREASONABLE. FAKE-DIFFICULTY. OBNOXIOUSNESS. these were the ingredients chosen to create the preparing little girls

Why do I even bother. *pulls hair and cries in corner*

ANDWHATISTHATRIDICULOUSNESSAFTERNAZRINQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

Mr Jovial

« Reply #774 on: January 03, 2015, 09:28:25 AM »
Welcome to UFO lunatic. (volume warning on that second video)

« Reply #775 on: January 03, 2015, 11:09:06 AM »
Welcome to UFO lunatic. (volume warning on that second video)

I AM playing on Lunatic. Have been for a while. Then quit for a while. Then trying again. And I'm on the verge of quitting again. Cause danmaku slot-machine game.

Mr Jovial

« Reply #776 on: January 03, 2015, 12:49:06 PM »
Well, it is noticeably harder than most other lunatic 1ccs (PoDD is even more difficult) and in the later stages you do end up bomb spamming everything so the UFOs do get obnoxious :V
I think in the last Touhou popularity poll doodah, only 4.8% of people could do a UFO lunatic 1cc so it's by no means easy. It's mostly resource management though, on my hard and lunatic 1ccs I think I entered Byakuren with about 6 lives and a couple of bombs. But in all seriousness, midboss Nazrin is when the game gets very lunatic. Keep going though, because imo, UFO lunatic is one of the last things you should do before scoring/high tier survival (no bomb/NMNBs) and that's where it gets really fun and difficult.

« Reply #777 on: January 03, 2015, 01:47:37 PM »
Well, it is noticeably harder than most other lunatic 1ccs (PoDD is even more difficult) and in the later stages you do end up bomb spamming everything so the UFOs do get obnoxious :V
I think in the last Touhou popularity poll doodah, only 4.8% of people could do a UFO lunatic 1cc so it's by no means easy. It's mostly resource management though, on my hard and lunatic 1ccs I think I entered Byakuren with about 6 lives and a couple of bombs. But in all seriousness, midboss Nazrin is when the game gets very lunatic. Keep going though, because imo, UFO lunatic is one of the last things you should do before scoring/high tier survival (no bomb/NMNBs) and that's where it gets really fun and difficult.
I also posted in the blogging thread, but I did calculate that if I can SOMEHOW get to Shou with 4~5 lives, I could finish off Byakuren quite safely. Also, you cannot, in absolutely NO way, lump Hard and Lunatic together like that - I can FOOL AROUND and STILL 1cc Hard with ANY char in ONE try, but Lunatic is ridiculous even with broken S(adistic)-anae. And the reason it's so ridiculous is because even with the perfect UFO route, those things can STILL troll you if you make the even the SLIGHTEST of timing mistakes. Other Lunatics have you dodging bullets with machine-precision; this one has you doing that AND machine-perfect UFO routing with a HARPSTRING of an error-margin. Other Touhou games' resource-rewarding system isn't so counter-survival as UFO's - even the uber-hard, graze-crazy SA rewards you ONLY when you survive a boss attack lolol

Oh, and I DON'T play scoring nor high tier survival, and I'm definitely not interested in them - please, I gotta live a life lololol - so I guess UFO Lunatic IS the last thing I'll do? Maybe I shouldn't try so hard then - gotta keep playing them Touhous :P
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 01:50:29 PM by Pakken11 »

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #778 on: January 03, 2015, 01:58:50 PM »
This is really funny to read, imo. Also:

And the reason it's so ridiculous is because even with the perfect UFO route, those things can STILL troll you if you make the even the SLIGHTEST of timing mistakes.

That's not trolling. Last time I checked, that is called making a mistake. The UFOs are static, so if you fuck them up, they didn't troll you. You fucked them up.

Oh, and I DON'T play scoring nor high tier survival, and I'm definitely not interested in them - please, I gotta live a life lololol - so I guess UFO Lunatic IS the last thing I'll do? Maybe I shouldn't try so hard then - gotta keep playing them Touhous :P

Nothing stops you from progressing further at a natural pace. You don't have to play 10 hours a day to go for the things mentioned. A steady effort, regardless of how slow it is, will still bring you further than just quitting because you've ostensibly reached the pinnacle of Touhou.

Machine-precision was funny though. I'll give you that. Good luck. I hope you can clear soon

« Reply #779 on: January 03, 2015, 02:18:42 PM »
That's not trolling. Last time I checked, that is called making a mistake. The UFOs are static, so if you fuck them up, they didn't troll you. You fucked them up.

I believe you missed the "timing" part of my statement - milliseconds to be exact. Know the flashy ones? Know how summoned UFOs follow you around? Know how foes with UFOs don't always stay still? Know how certain patterns are random and don't allow you to make the same movement every time? Exactly.
Oh, and route doesn't mean execution. Route is just route.
Survival stuff is quite in line with 1cc-ing, so that would probably just happen eventually. Scoring, on the other hand, is a big NOPE, cause I can't be bothered to figure out all the milking ridiculousness and such. NOPE.jpg
By the way, glad you found it funny - rants are supposed to be.
(Also, I abhor foul language and WILL take unintended offense. If you did intend it, oh well then - someone has a character problem.)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 02:27:07 PM by Pakken11 »