Author Topic: Touhou Rage Thread XVI: Last-Second Clipdeaths Edition  (Read 231448 times)

Oh

Re: Touhou Rage Thread XVI: Last-Second Clipdeaths Edition
« Reply #421 on: February 18, 2014, 03:14:05 AM »
Eh, I tried for an SA LNB and it was... good, I somehow got a 1-Miss stage 4, captured all of midboss Orin AND the popcorn section but died on the post-popcorn yinyangs (well-deserved I guess, I was gapping my way through it), and captured all of boss Orin except her penultimate spell

why is this in the rage thread? well, I had a 2-Miss Yuugi, Orin's penultimate spell was disastrous (I died I think three times), and died to one of the -static- spirits before Utsuho, and game over on Peta Flare (go figure). So yeah, if hadn't died a million times I would have cleared :V

Things I've done (and maybe will improve):
SA L6MNB | SA Lunatic 3b Scorerun | MoF LNB | PCB LNB |DDC LNB

Mr Jovial

• Commander of the Whale Legion
  • ~Having a whale of a time~
« Reply #422 on: February 18, 2014, 12:37:48 PM »
Almost perfected IN Stage 6B, but had 2 misses. One was to 2nd last spell on its final wave and the other was to...Salamander Shield :colonveeplusalpha:

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #423 on: February 20, 2014, 10:46:12 PM »
So has TD crashing before Mamizou's last spell been a thing for everyone else? Because it's happened to me twice now, and it angers me greatly.

Also, Kogasa is debatably the most annoying part of UFO's extra stage. Spinning lasers that activate a split second before they stop, and a rain of quick bullets coming from one side with no set pattern? Bloody hell.

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

Zil

« Reply #424 on: February 20, 2014, 11:00:12 PM »
So has TD crashing before Mamizou's last spell been a thing for everyone else? Because it's happened to me twice now, and it angers me greatly.
There was bug like that in an outdated version. Do have the most recent patch?

Mr Jovial

« Reply #425 on: February 21, 2014, 07:08:46 PM »
Been trying to do LNB runs of IN . Made it to stage 6B with 5 extra lives. "Oh hey, even if I end with no lives, this is still an improvement over my previous (and first) LNB". Cue what was possibly my worst Kaguya fight ever. Death to 1st non, death to Dragon Bullet, death to 2nd non, absolutely ridiculous Buddhist Diamond (don't think I ever dodged through a gap I could actually see), death to 3rd non, death to Life Spring Infinity and finally death to Hourai Jewel.  What a shame, was actually quite a good run since I had every last spell capped and perfected stage 5.

Espadas

• You're gonna have a bad time
« Reply #426 on: February 21, 2014, 08:07:24 PM »
*screaming and rolling around like a monkey on steroids*

practicing Maze of Love (bottom tactic) and Catadioptric..... in my latest attemp i died the exact seconds i would have captured BOTH spells (not getting credit for either)....  :getdown:

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #427 on: February 21, 2014, 10:22:55 PM »
There was bug like that in an outdated version. Do have the most recent patch?
I'm at 1.00a, so I'm pretty sure I don't. I'll patch that up and claim Mamizou as my second extra clear, then, thank you.

Also, let me point out how infuriating it is to me that I can 1CC just about every other main game in the series BUT Subterranean Animism. Every boss but Utsuho and Yamame manage to find a way to give me trouble, and I do not appreciate it.

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

Oh

« Reply #428 on: February 21, 2014, 10:44:37 PM »
I'm at 1.00a, so I'm pretty sure I don't. I'll patch that up and claim Mamizou as my second extra clear, then, thank you.

Also, let me point out how infuriating it is to me that I can 1CC just about every other main game in the series BUT Subterranean Animism. Every boss but Utsuho and Yamame manage to find a way to give me trouble, and I do not appreciate it.

1.00a is the version with the glitch.
Also, for SA, practice and memorization.

« Reply #429 on: February 24, 2014, 04:17:27 AM »
I died to literally the last second of BoWaP on a would-be perfect SA Lunatic stage 4.
It was hilarious more than anything but I guess it still goes here :V

Mr Jovial

« Reply #430 on: March 03, 2014, 07:48:39 PM »
Ugh, just lost a potential improved IN LNB run to multiple stupid deaths. Double death to Double Spark, death to that section on stage 5 where lots of enemies spam bullets and the bullets get cleared and double death to Salamander Shield. Ended as 11 hits taken (9 deaths, 2 failed last spells). Goddamn, my luck is so inconsistent ;-;

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #431 on: March 09, 2014, 05:48:06 PM »
Normal version of Earth Light Ray can go burn in hell.

Yatakarasu

• Always failing, sometimes winning!
  • Fail mode activate!
« Reply #432 on: March 10, 2014, 04:33:06 AM »
Clip death and subsequent game over to Kanako's Forgotten Husk "Unremembered Crop". Earlier I lost a run by dying twice to that card.

Normal Clears: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Hard Clears: PoFV, SA, TD, DDC
Extra Clears: PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Current touhou goal: Improve! ...1cc more Hard Modes

Oh

« Reply #433 on: March 10, 2014, 05:19:38 AM »
So this happened today. Uguu~

Mr Jovial

« Reply #434 on: March 11, 2014, 07:51:44 PM »
Mystia's Venomous Moth Dance has managed to kill me in every run today. Since I usually manage to cap it about 50% of the time, I decide to change my strategy to something more consistent. Try doing it unfocussed in spellcard practice and get 5 consecutive captures. Try that strategy in Story Mode, it kills me on 10-15 consecutive runs. Seriously, this card is irritating me so much.

EDIT; Great. Make it through that card with lots of luck and then get bs'ed by her last nonspell. Blues combined with the greens trapped and killed me once, then died again because I was respawning and couldn't kill the familiars.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 08:08:14 PM by Mr Jovial »

Szayelaporro Granz

• You can't use spellcards within my range
  • since I've already analyzed and sealed them all
« Reply #435 on: March 12, 2014, 06:05:50 PM »
nvm, wrong thread
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 06:17:04 PM by Yomihime »
Normal 1cc: LLS, MS, EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC / Hard 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF*, TD / Lunatic 1cc: PoFV / Extra 1cc: EoSD, PCB (+P), IN, PoFV, MoF, DDC
*Bug abuse.
Feel free to watch my crappy replays and twitch channel
My favorite touhou music

« Reply #436 on: March 13, 2014, 04:37:42 AM »
<Malkyrian> so i just tried to play UFO for a bit
<Malkyrian> and i just couldn't get into it
<Malkyrian> because it's so inferior to phantasmagoria trues
<Malkyrian> and this is the game with the best boss fights
<Malkyrian> so what does that say about the rest of them
<Malkyrian> fuck i don't think i can play the canon touhous ever again at this rate
<Malkyrian> because they just aren't fun anymore ;_;

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #437 on: March 14, 2014, 02:43:12 AM »
Rule 1 of playing Touhou: Don't die.
2. If you die, don't get mad.
3. If you get mad, don't quit for two years.
4. If you quit for two years, don't come back and start on Lunatic again and then become dissatisfied with everything else
5. If you do that, just stop playing because you'll never become a Lunatic player again with that attitude.

^My life story with Touhou 11 and 8
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

Mr Jovial

« Reply #438 on: March 15, 2014, 11:47:23 AM »
Just had a IN LNB run where I died to Illusion Seeker three times. It should really have been 4, since on the last wave of bullets there was, I decided the safest spot would be between 2 bullets that were in one of the lines.

EDIT: IN LNB attempt, perfect stages 1-3, 5 deaths to Marisa (Asteroid Belt, 2nd non, Double Spark (twice) and Shoot the Moon) :colonveeplusalpha:
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 06:54:41 PM by Mr Jovial »

Mino ☆

• PCB player.
  • Touhou Hobbyist
« Reply #439 on: March 16, 2014, 01:10:58 AM »
Another PCB LNN

Border break on the obvious spam. I'm gonna have a collection of these before I get the LNNN.

Mr Jovial

« Reply #440 on: March 16, 2014, 08:25:21 AM »
How many runs like that have you actually had now, Mino ._.

EDIT (but unrelated to the above): Ugh, 8MNB IN run. Would've been 6 if I didn't die to Hourai Jewel during the last reversal and if I didn't get hit on Rising World at 00 on the timer. Would've been 5 if, in addition to those misses, I didn't fail Marisa's last spell. In my defense, she seemed to be unusually low on the screen. Oh well. Would've been annoying if I got a 5MNB straight after uploading my 6MNB run :V
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 11:12:34 AM by Mr Jovial »

Mino ☆

• PCB player.
  • Touhou Hobbyist
« Reply #441 on: March 16, 2014, 04:22:38 PM »
I have 3 NMNB runs, 2 1-miss runs, all having the mistake on the spam section.

Five total 1-mistake runs.

« Reply #442 on: March 17, 2014, 09:26:37 PM »
I just threw away a rather decent SA LNB, 1-miss into stage 5, and I then died to the yinyangs at the beginning of the stage.
I got angry for no real reason honestly, I should know how to deal with those with or without power, and it's not like I don't usually have tons of misses on stage 5 anyway, so it was just stupid on my part to quit
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 09:28:58 PM by GMeroK »

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #443 on: March 21, 2014, 03:27:56 PM »
I swear, I literally can't 1cc Lunatic of any game I play, no matter how hard I try. IN? Stage 3 LAUGHS at me, and by the time I CAN get to Kaguya, lol derp, I have like two lives left with like no bombs or something. PCB? The entire first half of the game tries killing me in the stupidest ways possible and SUCCEEDS. LLS? I just have no sense of any sort of attention paying, and the same with EoSD. How many freaking times do I have to freaking attempt these runs before I get a successful 1cc? I KNOW I can do it, but I keep dying in stupid ways, getting hit by things out of nowhere, and overall getting just screwed over at every attempt. I have come close, but I've never won, and at this rate I'm never 1ccing Lunatic on any game.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Mr Jovial

« Reply #444 on: March 21, 2014, 07:25:54 PM »
Today on an IN LNB attempt, I made it to stage 4 with no hits so far. I then get a finger twitch and bomb there weren't even any enemies on screen :< :colonveeplusalpha:
I was actually tempted to post this in the achievement thread for teh lulz :P

Mino ☆

• PCB player.
  • Touhou Hobbyist
« Reply #445 on: March 23, 2014, 12:18:07 AM »
I'm incompetent and pathetic. I can't even get past PCB stage 4 after two hours of grinding SURVIVAL.

Yes, I know it was only two hours. But I would have expected to at least get a run to stage 5.

I feel like PCB LNNN is actually impossible. I feel like I will never get it, no matter how much I grind.

Oh

« Reply #446 on: March 23, 2014, 05:20:03 AM »
57.1k g into satori and game overed
luterally lul
also i cant lnb anymore

FlareDragon

• Gensokyo's Infernal Hellstorm
  • When will you come to Gensokyo, Satsuki Rin?
« Reply #447 on: March 23, 2014, 02:08:35 PM »
PoFV Shikieiki. You. Can. Go. Die. In. The. Sanzu. River. Now
PoFV in general is rage-worthy to me. Can't complain too much since I've still got a Komachi Extra under my wing, but still

Also, it was a while back but I was trying to clear SA Normal for the second time. Had so few resources upon reaching Utsuho's final spell and I thought I MIGHT get there. As she exploded and the bullets slowed, I rammed into one. Clear screen, then [Game Over]. >:(
Normal 1CC's: SoEW, LLS, MS, EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, GFW, TD, HM, DDC, ULiL, LoLK(PD), CtC |IaMP|
Hard 1CC's: EoSD, PCB, MoF, IN(B), TD, LoLK(PD), |???|
Lunatic 1CC's: None
Extra 1CC's: SoEW, MS, EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF(NB), SA, UFO, GFW, TD, DDC, CtC, LoLK, |???|

Mr Jovial

« Reply #448 on: March 24, 2014, 06:58:40 PM »
Kay, just entered IN stage 5 with only 1 miss. Triple death to Tewi. Wtf is wrong with me.

EDIT: Another 2 deaths to make 5 before I reached Reisen. I think I'd just given up by then, non max power screwed all my timings :<

EDIT2: Enter Stage 6B with 2 misses so far "Oh hey, if I get 3 misses or fewer, it's an improvement =D". Managed a 6 miss stage 6, and they were mostly crap misses. Died to Eirin's non (stupidity), Kaguya's first (clipdeath), Dragon Bullet (blame the death on first non), Buddhist Diamond (dense cloud of stars), 3rd non (stupidity) and Hourai Jewel (stupidity). The only death I really should have had of those 6 was Buddhist Diamond. Seriously, I'm glad I've got Mystia and Keine consistent but I don't know how to feel about Kaguya. Her attacks are fun until you chain death to them :c. Glad I capped Rising World though.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 07:10:46 PM by Mr Jovial »

Blue

• aaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • aaaaaaaaaaaa
« Reply #449 on: March 26, 2014, 01:57:45 AM »
I made it to Deep-Rooted Butterfly on PCB Hard today. Why am I mad?

In Stage 4, I was completely WRECKED by the Prismrivers. I went from 7 to 3 lives, which I have literally never done before. If I had had those lives, I definitely would have cleared. I played so well(for my standards) the entire rest of the game that there was no doubt that I would have done it.

At least I wasn't destroyed by Youmu this time too.