Author Topic: Touhou Rage Thread XVI: Last-Second Clipdeaths Edition  (Read 231388 times)

Burning Love

• Flan is not a pudding! (I think)
    • Burning Love' Blog
Re: Touhou Rage Thread XVI: Last-Second Clipdeaths Edition
« Reply #360 on: November 27, 2013, 10:46:29 AM »
Maybe that's a sign that Normal just isn't hard enough any more

Well, It wasn't named Normal if it isn't.

On topic: Apparently I have tendency to fail Icicle Fall everytime I used Marisa. Either she is too fast or Cirno just want some revenge.
Still waiting for a good sig. image

« Reply #361 on: December 07, 2013, 08:58:46 PM »
Good. Bad.

This is fucking terrible.  No fucking excuse for me being this shitty.  1 miss is a huge fuckup and should never happen.  Ever.  3 miss is me being a fucking waste of space as a human being.  The fucking worst.  I should just kill myself or some shit for being so fucking terrible.

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
« Reply #362 on: December 08, 2013, 11:36:39 AM »
UGH! DDC Hard drove me into temporarily uninstalling the game, because I kept wasting time and procrastinating other things for the last week out of sheer insult it gave me and how it goaded me into trying again, and again, and again...

Every single run, I will  fuck something up, you name it. Sekibanki's last spell walls me, I misread Kagerou's nonspells and get squished or get too cocky on her spells, I cannot keep up with midboss-Yatsuhashi's 2nd nonspell, I get walled by Benben's nonspell bulshit, I derp Jetavana, I die on Great Vengeful Spirit of Taira and then die again because it lasts so fucking long and I hate to bomb after I die, I misread lazors on Musical Score, which also lasts forever, I fail to bomb the living shit out of Seija because my arrogance tells me to try even when it's not worth it, I die like a dog on S6, I derp midboss Seija, I derp Thorny Path and Shining Needle Sword because I think I can last a few seconds more before bombing, I die to nonspell dots, I mess up survival because I have no idea where to start to make it the easiest and Seven Issun-Boushi murders me because of the goddamn orbs and their hitboxes pushing me straight into kunais.

Most of these either don't happen or I'm smart enough to pre-emptively bomb thanks to ridiculous amount of resources I get from milking stages with Reimu A and her bomb, which is the reason I can 1cc Hard in the first place. But something of the above will  happen, because it would be just too good to get a decent run, and I either run out of resources mid-Shinmyoumaru due to poor farming or make a stupid mistake that cancels +20min of effort. And the one time I fought Shinmyoumaru with decent resources (4 lives halfway through the fight), I paused the game and inadvertently quit the run  :colonveeplusalpha:. Were it not for the back luck, I would get that clear multiple times already, but no, the dangling carrot is just out of the fucking reach and I will never catch it. I now feel anger merely by hearing the S1 theme, which accidentally I considered horrible even before hearing it 100+ times a day.

But the most demotivating thing is, I can't see myself coming nearly that close to UFO Hard 1cc. Ever. I can't farm resources in UFO for the life of me unless I feel comfortable in the difficulty level already, and the amount of lazors and reflex crap in that game is the very bane of me.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 11:44:56 AM by Critz »

Burning Love

• Flan is not a pudding! (I think)
    • Burning Love' Blog
« Reply #363 on: December 08, 2013, 03:13:06 PM »
The rage of failing a simple video recording.
The rage of failing a simple challenge.

The rage of dying to Alice again and again will keep the nuclear furnace working for another 1000 years.

Seriously, is Alice's 1st and last spellcard on StB too hard or just another unlucky day for me?
Still waiting for a good sig. image

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #364 on: December 08, 2013, 03:26:29 PM »
Seriously, is Alice's 1st and last spellcard on StB too hard or just another unlucky day for me?

Yes, they are. Alice's first is notoriously difficult for its level, in particular. You're well advised to skip it until you reach a few levels higher.

« Reply #365 on: December 08, 2013, 07:58:09 PM »
LLS continues to hate me.  Had more or less a perfect run aside from a poor Elly cancel and then I derped up and forgot what I was doing on Reimu's opener and died like a moron.  Then I get a better run up to Elly, up about 1m from my typical good runs despite losing 400k on the midboss cancel and then I crash into a yellow bullet on her opener costing myself about 4-5 mil or something (yeah, fuck that, esc r).  Now I have Orange flying back and forth between each side of the screen as far as she can possibly go as if to say "Haha, no graze for you!"  That or she'll refuse to use her two-way white bullet shot, which is the where most of the good graze comes from on that phase.  Orange, you're such a bitch... Makes me wonder how people like Cactu can stand playing EoSD, since Rumia has the same sort of shit going on, picking and choosing whether or not you're allowed to get points.

EDIT: Now I died with 2 bombs in stock on the rings.  Kill me.
EDIT: Now I died on Yuuka because I messed up the safespot.  It hurts.
EDIT: I've now been playing LLS for 8 hours today and only made it to stage 5 twice.  This is true pain.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 01:16:29 AM by ♥♥♥東方Hugger♥♥♥ »

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #366 on: December 09, 2013, 02:37:08 AM »

That is correct.
I died at 14 / 15 life pieces by crashing into the set of fairies in Stage 5 that drops the shitload of resources.
With a bomb in stock, even.

« Reply #367 on: December 11, 2013, 07:08:51 AM »
UFO lunatic is giving me a lot of trouble. Murasa especially is frustrating. I can't do her third nonspell at all, which is really annoying because I'm aware that the attack is static. At least on other attacks like King Kraken Strike I can try my best if I have no bombs and not feel too bad if I get a miss. But having to basically suicide/bomb on an attack knowing that it's static bugs the heck out of me. I just can't read a path through that density. Murasa's third spell gives me issues too. It seems like it should not be that hard of an attack to capture, but I fail at it so, so much. And the survival, I fail at that too. I try to copy the method I see in replays where the player lures Murasa into the corners of the screen, but I'm usually unsuccessful. I think I could do better at the survival with more practice, maybe, but I'm not sure.

Another bothersome attack for me is Kogasa's second spell. Even though I've perfected Kogasa in practice several times and in general practiced the Kogasa fight a ton, I still can't capture it even somewhat consistently. I feel like I'm not approaching the attack correctly, or I'm reading the bullets wrong, or something. It's really annoying. And Nazrin's first spell still makes me nervous, even though it is static and I have played against it 100+ times.

Gahh this game

« Reply #369 on: December 13, 2013, 03:02:13 AM »
Got to stage 6 today.  Everything was perfect minus a few minor issues that were disappointing/stupid but I can live with (dropped 3 big power items on stage 1, which lost me 5 items on Kurumi and set me behind a mil, died on Elly once and lost a mil on her cancel, dropped a few items here and there).  Went a little more aggressive on stage 5 Yuka and managed to not die in some stupid way from my hands which were shaking like motherfuckers.  I fucking had the run... Then I died to the kedemas before Yuka.  Finished second phase early by accident and missed out on 600 graze.  Died twice on the later phases.  103.9m.  Fuck me.  Fuck my nerves.  This is the first run that made it past stage 4 since Sunday and the first run that made it past stage 2 since Monday so I'm pretty upset right now.  Lost about 7m just off the 4 bombs I couldn't use on the second last phase, 1.27m or so off the 506 graze I was short on, and another 2.1m on the clear bonus for low graze.  I lost more on the kedemas because late and low screen bomb from the death.  This was probably a 115-116m.  I'm starting to believe C scores are a possibility now though, since I did lose a couple mil early in, my stage 5 Yuka grazing was a bit mistimed (464 graze, 700ish is possible without doing anything super hard if the timing is good, 999 is possible with the hard stuff, so that's 3m more from her if you go full yolo).  Maybe a C1-C2 or so.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 03:22:14 AM by ♥♥♥東方Hugger♥♥♥ »

« Reply #370 on: December 13, 2013, 03:20:22 AM »
I've been playing EoSD and PCB recently, and the 5th stage bosses are the worst.  Sakuya isn't as bad now, but she still managed to kill me as she was exploding.  Youmu, however, is possibly the hardest boss in the series for me.  I died at least 4 times to her in an otherwise excellent run, and had to fight Yuyuko with 2 left, both of which I lost within 3 seconds of each other on that damn chaser butterfly thing.
Normal 1cc: EoSD (ReimuA, MarisaA), IN (Border Team)
My first 1cc!

kitslol

« Reply #371 on: December 14, 2013, 08:57:36 AM »

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #372 on: December 15, 2013, 08:17:08 PM »
Failed Hourai Elixir at 00 seconds on the timer. Easy version. TWICE. Then captured Normal on the first try. Considering I've been grinding other Eirin's spellcards for the last few hours, I think that "SCREW YOU!" is a very much justified reaction in this case.

Oh

« Reply #373 on: December 16, 2013, 01:53:31 AM »
274k after stage 1 but died in stage 2. I think that's the optimal faith with the 3-bomb route. I just hope I get 270k+ more often >:

« Reply #374 on: December 16, 2013, 06:54:15 AM »

Goodbye 600M run.  :V

edit/ I also just gameovered on Gensokyo on a 600M run! :<
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 02:56:24 PM by cactu »

« Reply #375 on: December 16, 2013, 01:19:48 PM »
Cactu ;_;

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #376 on: December 18, 2013, 01:12:53 AM »

I am so angry.

« Reply #377 on: December 21, 2013, 02:58:43 AM »
>Playing PCB as Sakuya
>Full Power
>Went to collect powerups
>Gets killed by one of those insta-spawning Stage 2 enemies.
>ASMHFGKDSFMHFGKASMNFGBASKDMFGHD

« Reply #378 on: December 22, 2013, 05:24:01 AM »
This is before Seiga

This is after Seiga...

I can't believe I still cleared :V

Things I've done (and maybe will improve):
SA L6MNB | SA Lunatic 3b Scorerun | MoF LNB | PCB LNB |DDC LNB

Blue

• aaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • aaaaaaaaaaaa
« Reply #379 on: December 22, 2013, 08:10:11 AM »
I made it to the nonspell after Buddhist Diamond in IN Hard after not having attempted a run(well, Touhou in general) for almost 5 months. The problem? I died twice on Keine, and several times with full bombs that I could have cleared with :o
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 08:18:28 AM by Blue »

« Reply #380 on: December 23, 2013, 01:27:33 AM »

Oops.

Mino ☆

• PCB player.
  • Touhou Hobbyist
« Reply #381 on: December 28, 2013, 05:16:13 AM »
Seriously? What the hell is going on?

For some reason I lost the ability to do Koakuma. Everytime I've gotten to her for the past few days I've died to her. This is seriously getting to me. :/

Mr Jovial

• Commander of the Whale Legion
  • ~Having a whale of a time~
« Reply #382 on: December 28, 2013, 12:46:26 PM »
1MNB MoF Stage 6. Notable because I died to Source of Rains :colonveeplusalpha:

EDIT: Aaaand then the next run I did I die to the opening of the stage (the ones that fire circles and come from the top)

EDIT2: Another 1MNB stage 6 with the death to Yamato Torus ;-;

EDIT3: 1MNB stage 6 again, death to VoWG at about 1/5 health :<

EDIT4: 1MNB stage 6 again, death to VoWG at >10% health :'<

EDIT5: 1MNB stage 6 again, death to first nonspell
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 11:19:46 AM by Mr Jovial »

Noobzor

• Grazing is fun
  • I like grazing
« Reply #383 on: December 31, 2013, 05:23:51 PM »
Killing doll is a bitch. It was literally a last-second clipdeath :V
Hard 1cc's: all windows games :3
Lunatic 1cc's: EoSD, PoFV, PCB
My replays

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #384 on: December 31, 2013, 06:29:29 PM »
Fucking dying at the beginning of the final stage, PCB Lunatic. Fucking dying due to stupid mistakes in IN Lunatic. Fucking having to restart a shitton of tries of Lunatic in basically any game.
...I'm starting to think I just can't 1cc Lunatic.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
« Reply #385 on: January 01, 2014, 12:24:32 AM »
I am ludicrously frustrated right now.

It took me thirty minutes to clear Katana's Rope.

Out of my thirty minutes of Double Spoiler today.

The photography games are too hard.
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

Blue

• aaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • aaaaaaaaaaaa
« Reply #386 on: January 01, 2014, 01:32:30 AM »
I can't make it past the first half of EoSD Extra without dying. A month ago, a random run that I did(and was the only one that I did that day) made it through the entire stage without dying, and I only bombed on Patchouli. What. Just what.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #387 on: January 01, 2014, 06:33:57 AM »
Fucking dying at the beginning of the final stage, PCB Lunatic.
The Stage 6 spam is one of the hardest things to dodge in the entirety of the series.  Don't get too discouraged, keep at it and you'll get a lunatic 1cc before long :)
It took me thirty minutes to clear Katana's Rope.
The photography games are too hard.
Kandata's Rope is a puzzle scene, you either figure it out or spend a while figuring it out, or just skip it and go back later.  As it is though, that's not too bad.  Again, they get easier the more you get used to the mechanics, so don't get too frustrated on this one.

Mino ☆

• PCB player.
  • Touhou Hobbyist

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
« Reply #389 on: January 02, 2014, 08:20:36 AM »
So... I decided to try 1CC DDC with Sakuya A on normal. Stage 6, everything is fine i have 3 lives and some bombs. And then there's You Grow Bigger spellcard, which imo is total bullshit as non-Reimu. Died twice because of weird hitbox shenanigans. And then on my last life died to final spell when Sukuna was already exploding. Argh.
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors