Author Topic: Touhou Rage Thread XVI: Last-Second Clipdeaths Edition  (Read 231415 times)

Seppo Hovi

Re: Touhou Rage Thread XVI: Last-Second Clipdeaths Edition
« Reply #240 on: October 13, 2013, 06:12:14 PM »
ReimuB has a shotgun.

Don't you like shotguns?

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #241 on: October 13, 2013, 06:38:54 PM »
Ah. This might be it. Not that I don't like shotgunning, but I'm just not good enough to do it in this game. So this is the scoring type, then? Well, bummer, I'm not into scoring (yet). I don't think I mind this type for the challenge, though.

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #242 on: October 13, 2013, 06:45:05 PM »
She is the highest scoring shot-type in the game, but that's more due to her bomb, not the fact that she can end attacks slightly faster than other shots.

Mesarthim

• Oh no, which direction should I move?
  • Clumsy
« Reply #243 on: October 13, 2013, 07:29:21 PM »
So I catch Ran's timeout... then immediately die when the points are awarded due to a leftover bullet that was originally targeting me at the middle. That was a lot of items on the screen.

Hard 1cc: 4 (LLS), 6 (EoSD),7 (PCB),8 (IN),9 (PoFV),10 (MoF),11 (SA),12 (UFO),12.8 (GFW)13 (TD), 14 (DDC), 15 (LoLK)
Lunatic 1cc: 8 (IN), 9 (PoFV), 11 (SA), 12.8 (GFW), 14 (DDC)
Extra Clear: 4 (LLS) ,5 (MS) ,6 (EoSD),7 (PCB),8 (IN),9 (PoFV),10 (MoF),11 (SA),12 (UFO),12.8 (GFW),13(TD), 14 (DDC), 15 (LoLK)

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #244 on: October 14, 2013, 04:01:21 AM »
ReimuB has the highest damage output when she shotguns, though. and even if you shoot the boss from the bottom of the screen she's still 2nd after MarisaA. marisaB is ridiculously weak compared to her. what you're saying here has no actual basis. it's all an error in your perception.

chum

« Reply #245 on: October 14, 2013, 04:38:02 AM »
Actually, I remember someone did a test against Eternal Meek and ReimuA beat it faster than ReimuB from the bottom of the screen... I could barely believe my eyes. ReimuB is still easily the best shot in my book, though.

« Reply #246 on: October 14, 2013, 05:20:46 AM »
Actually, I remember someone did a test against Eternal Meek and ReimuA beat it faster than ReimuB from the bottom of the screen... I could barely believe my eyes. ReimuB is still easily the best shot in my book, though.
Me. ReimuB still better considering how much playtime is spent not at the bottom.

Obligatory complaining about UFO here.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #247 on: October 14, 2013, 06:48:47 AM »
I think that's only true for Meek due to the nature of the card. Feel free to test other cards.

chum

« Reply #248 on: October 14, 2013, 11:56:29 AM »
I think that's only true for Meek due to the nature of the card. Feel free to test other cards.

Invulnerability was used, so it should be quite accurate.

LepLep

• BIG
  • cat
« Reply #249 on: October 17, 2013, 05:48:10 PM »
;_;

KingofBaka

• The Strongest!
  • and the Dumbest!
« Reply #250 on: October 18, 2013, 05:08:02 PM »
I was doing a run of EoSD and I was at Patchy's first spell card as Reimu B.
I was doing alright but since I failed a lot on stage 3 I only had 2 lives.
So just dodging the spell card when the game minimizes on me because of a steam event notification. :colonveeplusalpha:
I reopen the game back up and proceed to lose my last 2 lives within 5 seconds. >:(
Normal 1cc: IN,EoSD,MoF,PCB,LoLK-P(403 Retries(Hope to Improve))
Extra Clear:PCB
ISC: All Stages Clear !

RNG

• Lord of all that Bullshits
« Reply #251 on: October 20, 2013, 02:41:32 AM »
Just double KO'd max rank Killing Doll as it was exploding.

EoSD LNB in general is my white whale. I can never get a run that makes it to Remilia with any resources, and I'm hopeless at Remilia...

an unmatched sock

• Um...what's this?
  • Should I be concerned? I think I should be concern
« Reply #252 on: October 21, 2013, 03:20:13 AM »
ReimuA DDC Normal. Died on Hop O My Thumb Seven. I completely fell apart in Stage 5 and 6. 6 especially. So I continued and bombed Sukuna into submission for her insolence.

Kimmachinima

• Yes I can bend fire
  • Just not that important.
« Reply #253 on: October 21, 2013, 01:21:10 PM »
Already posted this in the Easy Mode Deaths thread, but I guess this one is valid too.

When 1CCing Ten Desires for the first time as Sanae, on Miko's last spell, with no lives or lives left, I was shot down and the Trance countdown started - 10 seconds left. When there were 7 seconds left in the Trance, she exploded - and the Trance kept going. When "Stage Clear" appeared after her death, the Trance ended and I was taken to the Continue screen.

Also, am I the only one who thinks TD is just too easy? In the second time trying 1CC, I realized I had no difficulty on any Spell Card whatsoever, and I'm a real noob (I haven't even 1CCed Imperishable Night and Perfect Cherry Blossom yet). All of the bosses have quite predictable and easy to dodge patterns, and the last boss battle is tiringly slow. I think only Mamizou offers some of the difficulty I've experienced with Eirin or Kaguya (and Reisen - she still takes like 6 of the lives I collect).
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 01:28:44 PM by Kimmachinima »

wow such red themes

Mr Jovial

• Commander of the Whale Legion
  • ~Having a whale of a time~
« Reply #254 on: October 21, 2013, 06:08:25 PM »
*makes it to stage 6 of PoDD without dying*
Hey, maybe I'll get to stage 8 again  :V
*insert quad death and game over to Kotohime*
 :colonveeplusalpha:

Mr Jovial

« Reply #255 on: October 22, 2013, 11:55:32 AM »
*makes it to Chiyuri with 5 lives*
Hey maybe I'll make it to Yumemi today :V
*insert penta-death to Chiyuri*

Sakurei

• Banned
    • My Blog
« Reply #256 on: October 22, 2013, 12:42:48 PM »
*makes it to Chiyuri with 5 lives*
Hey maybe I'll make it to Yumemi today :V
*insert penta-death to Chiyuri*

welcome to PoDD. I take you play as Chiyuri? (seeing as the post above this one game over'd to kotohime, which seemed to be stage 7) if yes, then getting to chiyuri with chiyuri is already as good as 1cc'ing with one of the easier characters like reimu and yumemi.
Are you playing on lunatic? if yes, then may god have mercy on your soul. chiyuri lunatic is the hardest 1cc in all of touhou. Only a handful of people had the dedication (or jaimers' skill) to pull through. Keep at it, you can do it.

Mr Jovial

« Reply #257 on: October 22, 2013, 02:29:21 PM »
I'm actually playing as Marisa and that 4 deaths was to stage 6 Kotohime and yes, lunatic. Still PoDD has been so much fun and I can tell I'm getting better, even if I haven't got to Yumemi yet. Her attacks seem less overwhelming than Chiyuri's though.

Maybe I'll do a Chiyuri 1cc when I get some skill get the Marisa 1cc since I chose Marisa in the first place because I thought she was seen as a difficult character to 1cc  with (because idiotic interpretation of Jaimers' 1cc with her) so it kind of makes sense to go after Chiyuri's 1cc eventually. But seriously, how the flying cabbage does PoDD AI work. One time I make it to Chiyuri with no lives left and lost to her but she had half a heart. That penta-death to Chiyuri also followed a Reimu fight in which the AI seemed to go hideously easy on me. Despite all this, not enjoyed Touhou this much before. Shame PoFV isn't this insane :C
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 02:32:45 PM by Mr Jovial »

« Reply #258 on: October 22, 2013, 02:47:16 PM »
Shame PoFV isn't this insane :C

Just wait for TH15.
It'll be PoDD gameplay but with windows era features and graphics. And Kogs will be in it.
And it will be glorious.

Or ZUN will suddenly get kidney disease.

Sakurei

• Banned
    • My Blog
« Reply #259 on: October 22, 2013, 02:54:12 PM »
Marisa is mid-tier.

PoDD AI is dumb as fuck. always remember that. it can trap itself when there is nothing on the screen and randomly hit an enemy, but it can also dodge shit every human autobombs. it's sometimes a matter of luck whether you win or not. Yumemi's cloud of death for example is undodgable unless you clear out some bullets with enemies. the swirl of doom can be dodged, but the gaps are tiny, so in that regard, the less yumemi uses those attacks the better your chances at victory are. same goes for chiyuri and her "random shit everywhere" attack. that, coupled with a panic attack, or just a regular level 3, is pure horror. so again, the less she uses that attacks the better your chances at victory. practicing helps to an extent, but RNG will always play a major factor in whether you will win or not. almost any character can go apeshit on your and turn the game into a shitfest you have never seen before if they wish so.

it's a great game. I'm glad someone else plays it.

I'd love to have a game as crazy as PoDD, but with PoFV mechanics (slightly altered to match the game's pace, since the slow charges would help you nothing on PoDD bullets).

Zil

« Reply #260 on: October 22, 2013, 03:12:52 PM »
You're a good egg Jovial. Good luck with your poddventures.

Emerald Mint

• Gemstone
« Reply #261 on: October 22, 2013, 03:17:01 PM »
Also, am I the only one who thinks TD is just too easy?

Survival wise, yes. Being able to skip sections of the game with Trance and Bombs lowers the difficulty a fair bit. ZUN could've increased the spell card bonus marginally or reduced the income from spirits, bombing or trancing.
The real challenge lies in effectively Trancing early on and generating as many white spirits as possible off fairies and bosses. I find it's easy for me to make a mistake and forget to deathbomb if I focus on pushing my score all the way.

Mr Jovial

« Reply #262 on: October 22, 2013, 05:04:55 PM »
You're a good egg Jovial.

[attach=1] Sorry I had to do it :V

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
« Reply #263 on: October 23, 2013, 03:47:21 PM »
Been trying to beat Stage 5 hard in UFO with Marisa B for the past 3 HOURS and only actually gotten to Shou like 3/4 times out of those 3 hours! and even then I only got to her 2nd nonspell at best!
Livestream Artstreams|Youtube
3DS Friend Code: 0748-2156-8970

Kimmachinima

• Yes I can bend fire
  • Just not that important.
« Reply #264 on: October 23, 2013, 05:54:10 PM »
Survival wise, yes. Being able to skip sections of the game with Trance and Bombs lowers the difficulty a fair bit. ZUN could've increased the spell card bonus marginally or reduced the income from spirits, bombing or trancing.
The real challenge lies in effectively Trancing early on and generating as many white spirits as possible off fairies and bosses. I find it's easy for me to make a mistake and forget to deathbomb if I focus on pushing my score all the way.

Thing is, I've not Tranced. At least not voluntarily. I used bombs in Stage 5 to collect the items because there was a flood of bullets. I simply didn't need to defend myself enough not to Trance or use bombs.

wow such red themes

Mr Jovial

« Reply #265 on: October 24, 2013, 09:56:55 AM »
Anyone reading this thread already knows why I post here...

*penta-death to Reimu*

Then the next run that gets to stage 7...

*quad-death to Reimu*

Both game overs. Guess I know who I need to practice now :V

EDIT: Then another quad-death to Reimu but I managed to beat her this time and almost beat Chiyuri. Came down to 3 hearts no bombs to me and half heart no bombs to Chiyuri. Then she unleashed a ridiculously long barrage of reflected bullets and fireballs that got me hit twice and I died. Seriously though, half the time my best runs are the ones where I haven't died yet. After death, it goes to poop. This was the second time I almost beat Chiyuri (ie she was half a heart) when I had no lives left. I swear, I will drown a fish if I get a 1cc because I didn't die to anything don't worry, little fishy, it will never happened :derp:

On a side note, if you had told me the next game would be a phantasmagoria when I was playing PoFV, I would have said something like "Guess I won't be playing it then :<". Tell me that now and it's the complete opposite: "Yes. Now. Please."
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 11:06:05 AM by Mr Jovial »

« Reply #266 on: October 24, 2013, 11:42:59 AM »
Lord of Pitifulness strikes back with another ASTOUNDINGLY pitiful run.

Behold! http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=30910

Hot damn, I swear there's some sort of curse on me that's just sabotaging any run of mine that could've been worth anything. I hate this bullshit nonsense. Being a human is suffering. This useless piece of shit LNB of Mountain of Faith that anyone with a fragment of common sense could do better has it all: Dies to Nitori's final, Dies to PWG (fair enough, that shit is justifiable), Dies to Sanae's 2nd spell (congratulations you may now bend over and take it hard), Dies three times to Kanako and not even capture VoWG. Muh!!!

Dying this much in a single run is extremely embarassing. A player with a good name like mine shouldn't accept this level of faggotry. I shouldn't be allowed to keep it.
But eh, whatever. I'm mad so i'll post the ex-prime minister or something.

笑!!!次回、4Chanを戦います!名無し人は馬鹿だ!

Sakurei

• Banned
    • My Blog
« Reply #267 on: October 24, 2013, 02:32:19 PM »
zengeku you're being silly.

-------------

I hate myself. and I will forever do so. and I'm gonna break my hands so I have a legit excuse not to play anymore. I'm atrocious and should not touch shmups again. fuck everything

« Reply #268 on: October 24, 2013, 04:04:55 PM »
What's silly about pork roast and beer pints?

Oh and chin up Saku. No breaking your hands. You promised me that you'd keep sucking at shmups with me. :3
If we work together, we can release enough shitty replays to destroy the western civilization.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 04:09:44 PM by Zengeku »

Noobzor

• Grazing is fun
  • I like grazing
« Reply #269 on: October 24, 2013, 06:07:16 PM »

"Niiice, maybe this run will make it to 250M!"

*suicide for graze purpose, then press X too late and die a second time*
*fail the positioning at eternal meek*

"Well, I guess I'll just try to clear that run."

Hard 1cc's: all windows games :3