Author Topic: Touhou Rage Thread XVI: Last-Second Clipdeaths Edition  (Read 231416 times)

Re: Touhou Rage Thread XVI: Last-Second Clipdeaths Edition
« Reply #210 on: September 14, 2013, 02:50:17 AM »
Guess effing what.
sauce on the bloodcurdling screaming at the end?

It's the worst feeling during a spellcard when you feel your control of the situation slowly slip. At the start, your visual point of focus is up high and you're predicting bullet paths; slowly, you start to track the bullets at a lower and lower point on the screen until that point is where you 2hu is and you die.
gah.

« Reply #212 on: September 14, 2013, 12:17:02 PM »
I'm waiting for Genyoko.org to update their DDC reply uploadability so that I can share my most rage-inducing moment in my Touhou career. Once it is, look at Stage 6.
You can upload it as a TD replay if you change the 14 in the file to a 13 (and then note that it's originally a DDC reply so people can change it back after they download it).
Lunatic 1ccs: MoF (ReimuB)

« Reply #213 on: September 14, 2013, 02:24:19 PM »
Or you can attach the replay to your posts or dropbox them or do other very convenient options. :)

« Reply #214 on: September 17, 2013, 09:26:57 PM »
So I decided to give PoDD another chance.
No-missed the first 8 stages (normal mode).
Lost all my lives to the last boss.

What the hell is this thing ?  :o

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #215 on: September 17, 2013, 09:53:36 PM »
So I decided to give PoDD another chance.
No-missed the first 8 stages (normal mode).
Lost all my lives to the last boss.

What the hell is this thing ?  :o
play lunatic and find out die trying

KingofBaka

• The Strongest!
  • and the Dumbest!
« Reply #216 on: September 18, 2013, 04:29:37 PM »
Trying to 1cc PoFV as Reimu.
Lose all lives to Aya.
Decides to go play as Marisa to relieve stress.
My face when I find out I have to face Aya as Marisa  :qq:
Lose all lives to Aya again
Ragequit  >:(

Why is Aya such a pain?
Normal 1cc: IN,EoSD,MoF,PCB,LoLK-P(403 Retries(Hope to Improve))
Extra Clear:PCB
ISC: All Stages Clear !

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #217 on: September 18, 2013, 04:52:41 PM »
Because three last bosses (stages 7, 8 and 9) are always a pain thanks to AI no longer pulling punches.

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
« Reply #218 on: September 19, 2013, 09:55:17 PM »
You can upload it as a TD replay if you change the 14 in the file to a 13 (and then note that it's originally a DDC reply so people can change it back after they download it).

Oh, I see. I'll upload then.

EDIT: Here it is in all of its rage. Just look at stage 6. Just look at it.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 10:01:16 PM by bigyihsuan »
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

Zil

« Reply #219 on: September 21, 2013, 12:29:43 AM »
This shit right here.

Finally get a great run going, 80mil and three lives for Yumemi. Then she folds like a house of cards. Holy fuck. Holy fucking fuck this game is unbelievable.

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #220 on: September 22, 2013, 10:57:22 AM »
You know, about the most infuriating thing about IN Spell Practice is that way too many spellcards are made in such way that the first 5-10 seconds are essentially wasted. You aren't endangered in any way, you can't damage the boss, it just feels like the spellcard simply takes its time to start. Sure, it usualy sets things up during that time, but it's still annoying when you take multiple tries, and I don't remember such a problem in 10D or photo games.

Mr Jovial

• Commander of the Whale Legion
  • ~Having a whale of a time~
« Reply #221 on: September 22, 2013, 12:42:34 PM »
Trying to perfect TD stage 6 and got past Chaotic Dance, putting that run into the best 5-10% of my runs. How do I die? Run into Miko while trying to PoC after Chaotic Dance  :colonveeplusalpha:

EDIT: More rage @Miko, 2nd time losing a perfect stage 6 run to Newborn Divine Spirit AND dying again after that first miss. So annoying how Miko is so much higher in spellcard practice  :ohdear:
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 01:25:22 PM by Mr Jovial »

Noobzor

• Grazing is fun
  • I like grazing
« Reply #222 on: September 22, 2013, 06:22:58 PM »
So, I was on my way to my first lunatic 1cc ever, when I died to Scarlet Meister with 3 bombs left :derp:
Hard 1cc's: all windows games :3
Lunatic 1cc's: EoSD, PoFV, PCB
My replays

« Reply #223 on: September 23, 2013, 05:38:31 AM »
Game over with 2.1 billion points on UFO Normal to FF... all because I skipped Kogasa's dialogue too quickly and didn't get the extra life piece necessary for the extend 4 stages ago. Anticlimactic and disappointing end to a ~35 minute ordeal. PB + cleared soon after, but still hurts to remember.

Mr Jovial

« Reply #224 on: September 23, 2013, 07:39:50 PM »
And just died literally a second from a perfect TD stage 6  >:(
Please Miko. Pls.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #225 on: September 23, 2013, 07:57:05 PM »
Decide to 1cc DDC normal with ReimuB again (because I did it on a friends computer first), and double it up with a no bomb run.
Perfect first 3 stages, and Yatsuhashi (2 deaths to Stage 4, though).  Seija knocks me to 3 lives, and I enter Sukuna with 4.  I should be able to do this, right?
Death to 1st spell.
Death to 2nd nonspell (seriously, what.  I capped both of those on my lunatic 1cc IIRC)
Death to 3rd nonspell.
Death to 3rd spell.
Death to 4th nonspell and game over.
Granted, ReimuB kinda sucks, but it's not like it was even a fair ending.  At least it wasn't a total waste and I can check Yatsuhashi off the list...a list which currently only contains Benben and Sukuna.

Oh yeah Sukuna is an awful awful boss fight and Seija is just a pain.  It's like ZUN decided to make DDC get better and better with every stage and then make it worse past Kagerou.

« Reply #226 on: September 23, 2013, 09:20:29 PM »
Oh yeah Sukuna is an awful awful boss fight

This is my mantra! Find your own!  :3

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #227 on: September 23, 2013, 10:44:18 PM »
That feel when you get to Phantasm Romance Extra 2 with max lives and can't even unlock Extra 3. So much for my resource management skills.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Mr Jovial

« Reply #228 on: September 24, 2013, 06:07:15 PM »
Finally perfect TD lunatic stage 6 and my "stuck Z key" glitch means I return to the main menu without saving a replay. This is the only time I've ever actually wanted the replay because I was going to give a talk about it at school because I couldn't think of any better topics  :V Time to go and perfect it again :<

Also, the strange thing was I'm sure I pressed down to go and save the replay and the game seemed to interpret it as either 'Z'  or 'Enter' >,<

EDIT: And of course every pattern now hates me. Getting walled a ton by Ranks of Twelve Levels and derping on that second nonspell when I don't get walled. I seriously think everything hates me to the point I now try to predict when things will go wrong. For example, with this run I predicted I would forget to save the replay because that's just my bad fortune. I still lose the replay but I'm so sure it wasn't my fault in the slightest semicolon underscore semicolon.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 07:30:31 PM by Mr Jovial »

Blue

• aaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • aaaaaaaaaaaa
« Reply #229 on: October 02, 2013, 06:10:21 AM »
So I decided to try and get a perfect run of TD Easy with Youmu because I haven't had much time for not-school and I wouldn't need to attempt it more than once.

Then, during the part where the little wisp things spiral out in Stage 5 after Soga, one floated right into me. Looks I'm going to make this TWO attempts... :derp:

« Reply #230 on: October 02, 2013, 07:27:37 PM »
Muhh... todays practice session went bad. Did another freezed timers, unlimited lives session but couldn't get into a proper rhythm with my dodging so i kept getting hit every 30-40 seconds for 2 hours, that was pretty annoying. To make matters worse, my friend in the other end of the room started making all sorts of noise that caused really annoying distractions.

Oh well, can't have a good flow every time.

EDIT:

And the sick amount of the times the keyboard sent me flying directions was off the fucking charts, seriously. Stop doing that kuso laptop  :V No, I can't afford better equipment.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 07:29:17 PM by Zengeku »

Mr Jovial

« Reply #231 on: October 03, 2013, 06:33:07 PM »
Since I saw lots of love for PCB in a couple of posts recently, decided to go and play it a bit since I never 1cc'd it....
You know the opening of stage 3?
You know how those enemies shoot hardly any bullets?
You know how people post failures in this thread?

For people who are dumb yes I died to those enemies

EDIT: Omfg, Vpatched PCB is godly. Just went from always dying at least once to Chen to perfecting her. All the wasted years months.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 06:48:37 PM by Mr Jovial »

Alcoraiden

• Do not go gentle into that good night
« Reply #232 on: October 03, 2013, 06:47:08 PM »
5 seconds left in Concealed the Conclusion. 5. I swear. One more bomb to push against the timer...ONE MORE. ONE. But nooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Now I can't get back to that point, because that Hakurei gauge thing is a bitch. "Yeah, we give you lots of lives and bombs, and the danmaku is somewhat easier until later, but BY THE WAY YOU NEVER GET TO DIE OR BOMB EVER." Haugugugh.

I ragequit after that. (Also CtC is so sad I can't play it for too long at a time.) But DAMMIT GUYS.

Also, consistently failing Mountain of Faith halfway through, well, Mountain of Faith. The spell. Yeah. Dammit Kanako.

« Reply #233 on: October 04, 2013, 09:36:10 AM »
For fuck sake! I hate it when i try to play Th14 with pins and needles in my legs, there's that moment when the blood comes back in my leg and it feels funny and any movement what so ever, fucks me up.

« Reply #234 on: October 04, 2013, 02:02:09 PM »
Tragic conclusion to LNB attempt.

<zengeku> nooooo god fuck dammit :/(
<zengeku> reaches Remilia with 5 extra lives
<zengeku> game overs on Gensokyo
<zengeku> whyyyyyy

Mino ☆

• PCB player.
  • Touhou Hobbyist
« Reply #235 on: October 05, 2013, 09:23:12 PM »
I need to stop playing DDC with ReimuB. All it'll do is cause me grief.

Blue

• aaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • aaaaaaaaaaaa
« Reply #236 on: October 06, 2013, 08:56:07 PM »
Me: Let's try that TD Easy perfect run again.
*Kunai spawns on me during Yoshika's second nonspell*
Me: .........

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #237 on: October 13, 2013, 02:46:05 PM »
Dang. Had to waste a few tries before I could get an EoSD ReimuB Normal 1cc again. Other types don't have this much trouble and I get a 1cc consistently with them. With this one, that happened only after a strict resource economy during the whole run and a constant stream of expletives during Red Magic on my last life. Seriously, this shottype is screwed. The damage output is too low for a straight shot, and most of Patchy's spellcards for it are pure pain. Well, at least the bomb is a good screen cleaner.

Oh, and also, only three lives in spell practice. Not enough to play around with, especially if it's a spellcard at the end of the boss battle that you want to practice. This is as bad as MoF-SA-UFO continue system, so this game's now a bit lower on my ranking. Just a little bit.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 03:25:39 PM by C.Angel »

« Reply #238 on: October 13, 2013, 03:55:06 PM »
SpoilerAL is a helpful tool that lets you do all sorts of cheating things with games. It has some tables for 2hu games as well such as allowing you to freeze the in-game timers (allowing you to keep doing the same attack for 5 minutes or more if you wish) and it also has the ability to make you unable to lose lives. It's a good tool for practice. Go check it out.

Also, ReimuB weak? Lol, get off the pills dude.

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #239 on: October 13, 2013, 05:49:23 PM »
Thanks for the advice, but I'm personally not too keen on using tools for practice. Besides, this is nothing really serious, just mildly annoying.

For ReimuB, it just feels like she should be a bit stronger. Dunno, maybe I just got spoiled by needle shots in other games. But for me, she has a bit more trouble than other types overall. ReimuA is homing, MarisaB is piercing, which is very useful in a few places, MarisaA is very strong and has splash damage. ReimuB has no special features, and a bit more punch would balance it out. Then again, it's not that I mind it being the slightly harder type, just something to keep in mind.