Author Topic: Touhou Rage Thread XVI: Last-Second Clipdeaths Edition  (Read 231429 times)

Re: Touhou Rage Thread XVI: Last-Second Clipdeaths Edition
« Reply #120 on: August 14, 2013, 06:37:16 AM »
Am I the only one that has no problem with Seija? Except that she stole my hair. >:T
checkFINISHED checkFINISHED checkFINISHED
checkcheckcheck FINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHED
checkcheckcheckcheckcheckcheckcheckcheck
FINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHED
<Die The death>! <Sentence to death>! <Great equalizer is The Death>!

Byronyello

• "The Western Non-Otaku That Respects and Likes Touhou"
  • I guess that'd be my title in a Touhou game...
« Reply #121 on: August 14, 2013, 09:06:05 AM »
Am I the only one that has no problem with Seija?

Yes.
Yes you are.
(Strike-through indicates a clear)
Hard Clears: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC.
Lunatic Clears: Someday, perhaps.
Extra Clears: EoSD, PCB, PCB Phantasm, IN, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC.

« Reply #122 on: August 14, 2013, 06:55:12 PM »
Am I the only one that has no problem with Seija? Except that she stole my hair. >:T

Yes and no. Yes because I find her mid-boss spell and 4th spellcard very difficult because I'm terrible at reading things coming from under me. No because, at least on Normal and Hard, I find the control reversing cards ridiculously easy.

I think I'm the only one who hates DDC's extra, though. The midboss is, of course, the only boss I don't like from the game, and Reiko? I'd probably have a hard enough time just dodging your curved lazers, alone, but you want to shoot giant glowing yellow balls at me WHILE you shoot curved lazers at me? gtfo
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 08:52:53 PM by Hainiryuun »
Normal 1CC's - EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, LoLK
Hard 1CC's - EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, DDC
Lunatic 1CC's - PCB, IN, PoFV
Extra Clears - EoSD (+Ultra), PCB (+Phantasm), IN (+Ultra), PoFV, MoF, DDC
Youtube

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #123 on: August 14, 2013, 09:33:10 PM »
Ok wiki spellcard screenshots done for extra stage. Why rage? God damn it took so long to get shots at the last phases of the last two spells - without dying in that spell (so that spell bonus will show) - and then no shooting in those phases.

Btw there still aren't any spellcard screenshots for stage 4, stage 5, and stage 6.
Some help would be really nice - even if just providing replays suitable for screenshotting.

Guidelines for images here: http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Touhou_Wiki:Guidelines#Spell_Card_article_guidelines
Basically make a replay of stage practice where you pacify each card during the interesting parts using Reimu, without dying or bombing beforehand in the same card, and then take screenshots while watching replay and then crop the images. Oh, and tag the category [[Category:Double Dealing Character Spell Cards]] in each page of the image

EDIT: WTF WTF WTF WTF can't even clear lunatic with continues. Am I reeeeeeeeeeeeeely this bad?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 05:45:59 AM by Kanon »

Mino ☆

• PCB player.
  • Touhou Hobbyist
« Reply #124 on: August 15, 2013, 08:55:39 PM »
Lost a NMNB Extra to Sixth Drum "Alternate Sticking".

Then proceeded to die four fucking times to Eighth Drum "Thunder God's Anger", even though theoretically it should be a simple spell!

I know I haven't put a lot of time into this yet, but damn.

« Reply #125 on: August 15, 2013, 09:56:30 PM »
<Zengeku> bowl loli rape doujins when
<Zengeku> it's not for sexual stimulation but punitive vengeance
<Zengeku> she should be triple penetrated by 10 inch dicks
<Zengeku> that should be the obvious punishment for spellcards like that

« Reply #126 on: August 15, 2013, 11:00:30 PM »
Drum Bitch is just crushing me now. Can't work out the third card, sixth card is just horrendous and I just stared at the 7th before dying horribly on that last attempt. That's as far as I've gotten 15 attempts in. Don't even know names because I don't want to spoil myself on the Wiki what her last monstrosities look like.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #127 on: August 15, 2013, 11:04:59 PM »
Can't work out the third card
Move all the way to the side when drums shoot to the middle =)

Formless God

« Reply #128 on: August 15, 2013, 11:06:59 PM »
raeg
is this the new kogasa

Drum Bitch is just crushing me now. Can't work out the third card, sixth card is just horrendous and I just stared at the 7th before dying horribly on that last attempt. That's as far as I've gotten 15 attempts in. Don't even know names because I don't want to spoil myself on the Wiki what her last monstrosities look like.
There's a path for the third card because the drums rotate to the same angles every time. It's hard to describe in words but you should get it by messing around in SP. I'll see if I can whip up a replay of it.
6th ... just do more Mamizou.

« Reply #129 on: August 15, 2013, 11:33:37 PM »
is this the new kogasa

No, it's just a generally not very difficult boss who has an excessively stupid spellcard. Seriously, hitboxes that are larger than the sprite is just plain stupid.

Formless God

« Reply #130 on: August 16, 2013, 12:20:08 AM »
Path for Raiko's 3rd spell. When the side drums are firing vertically, move up to half the screen length. When they are about to fire horizontally, back down to the bottom while dodging the stuff of the previous wave.

No, it's just a generally not very difficult boss who has an excessively stupid spellcard. Seriously, hitboxes that are larger than the sprite is just plain stupid.
you sayin you're using some pleb character that isn't Reimu?

« Reply #131 on: August 16, 2013, 12:24:43 AM »
I don't find the Reimu shots in this game to my liking. I like SakuyaA though. It has been like this ever since the demo. I like her style. She's fun to use. The others aren't. There's no sense in having Sakuya's, and Marisa's for that matter, hitboxes be that much larger. It's complete and utter bullshit.

The player should not be punished this way for opting to use one of the 4/6 characters that just happen to not be Reimu. How can you not see my point?

Mino ☆

• PCB player.
  • Touhou Hobbyist
« Reply #132 on: August 16, 2013, 12:26:28 AM »
This is fucking driving me insane! I'm losing countless fucking runs to this stupid fucking shitty spellcard.

Fuck the Extra midbosses' second spellcard. I don't know how the fuck you're supposed to do it.
I hear it's "Static", but I don't buy that. Unless someone else can confirm it. Maybe it's because I switched to MarisaB, and the fatbox is clipping me. But I don't buy that. Marisa should be able to do it just as well as Reimu can.

Ugh.

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #133 on: August 16, 2013, 12:32:40 AM »
asdgfhjkidl?

advfdguhgjiojifd?j?dsi kefit.wav

Formless God

« Reply #134 on: August 16, 2013, 12:40:08 AM »
How can you not see my point?
relax I was just kidding
I need a screencap that shows you getting hit outside of your hitbox, though.

The blue knife clipped me when it moved an extra pixel to the right.
[attach=1]

EDIT: The knife was moving in the direction it's pointing, I was moving to the right. I got clipped one frame after this. What kind of collision detection did it even use?
[attach=2]
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 12:50:29 AM by Formless Mass »

« Reply #135 on: August 16, 2013, 12:51:40 AM »
I calmed down. So yeah, I don't have any replays saved of me dying, but I am pretty sure i can find examples.

http://i.imgur.com/kZMrcmt.jpg
This is the best i've been able to dig up. Under normal circumstances that knife wouldn't have hit. The hitboxes on the non-Reimu characters are simply disproportionally increased making the entire spellcard much harder than with Reimu which is just unreasonably poorly balanced.

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #136 on: August 16, 2013, 02:27:50 AM »
Today I did my first DDC 1cc, so why am I posting something here?  Well before this 1CC I went until to the fourth stage on normal without losing any life, so my stock was full. Then I thought "Oh I am so awesome, let me take a pic from this."

[attach=1]
Pretty cool huh?

I pressed the HOME key but I remembered "I don't remember when this game save the replays". So I had an awesome idea "lemme open mspaint and save a screenshot". I pressed PRINTSCREEN, paused the game and pressed WIN+R to open the command dialog from windows. When I did it the game ignored the WIN button and considered only the R key. So it sent me back to the first stage (R on pause menu = retry game). PLZ ZUN plz users are dumb, you should put a dialog before "dangerous actions" like game restart :(
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

Formless God

« Reply #137 on: August 16, 2013, 11:52:16 AM »
4A final
fuck the curvy lasers fsdjfa;lsdjfl;sdf
the rest notes too
It wasn't hard to capture at all, but timing it out is just silly. The lasers have way terrible visibility. Got a blue background and blue fat rest notes? Put a blue laser behind them!
Best RNG attack so far though. It can still get suddenly dense but there are always enough space to move around.

http://i.imgur.com/kZMrcmt.jpg
Just curious, is Marisa's hitbox off center? In my 2nd picture the knife (left side) was quite a bit inside the hitbox sprite, while in yours it (right side) hits when it's barely touching the circle.

« Reply #138 on: August 16, 2013, 02:10:49 PM »
Just curious, is Marisa's hitbox off center? In my 2nd picture the knife (left side) was quite a bit inside the hitbox sprite, while in yours it (right side) hits when it's barely touching the circle.

I don't think it is, but I wouldn't really know. It's really just bad hitboxes.

Ibaraki

• 茨華仙
  • Keeping things disciplined
« Reply #139 on: August 16, 2013, 08:36:19 PM »
Hiatus played its part during my previous failed run, but the fact that I allowed Seija to flip my sanity literally with the cost of 5 life points within 3 seconds interval irks me the most.
Repentance is in motion.

« Reply #140 on: August 16, 2013, 10:02:39 PM »
I CAN'T DODGE BULLETS WHEN YOU'RE SHAKING THE FUCKING SCREEN.
STOP SHAKING THE FUCKING SCREEN.

I feel like I'm playing Extra for the first time ever, when Flandre, Ran and Mokou were freaking unstoppable titans.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Formless God

« Reply #141 on: August 16, 2013, 11:38:06 PM »
As soon as the screen shakes, you need to know
- the speed of the bullets you're trying to dodge
- the keys you need to press to get out of the way
It's all a matter of mastering your character's controls, so you can input it without having to look at the screen.

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #142 on: August 17, 2013, 02:55:27 AM »
Or you could dodge as if the ring doesn't spread out! Sit between two adjacent bullets in the ring like a boss :V

« Reply #143 on: August 17, 2013, 04:04:20 AM »
went for a SakuyaA run on hard, I bombed on Benben's final non,and had 6/8 of a bomb so if I let it time out I could have another bomb right?
well the very second it timed out I got sniped by one of the last spell's lasers   (I was in pretty good shape and that left me with 4 bombs for stage 5, so it wasn't like run over)

Things I've done (and maybe will improve):
SA L6MNB | SA Lunatic 3b Scorerun | MoF LNB | PCB LNB |DDC LNB

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #144 on: August 17, 2013, 01:36:56 PM »
WELL YOU SEE I WAS GOING TO GET THE NMNB STAGE 6 WITH REIMUB

BUT THEN I DIED TO SHINKEGI AND THE FINAL

Of all things.

and then I had a run that captured everything but died 4 times to nonspells
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 01:46:52 PM by BT »

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• CEO at Team Eternal Desire
  • ??? X
« Reply #145 on: August 17, 2013, 03:30:47 PM »
Failed a Hard 1CC. Went into Sukuna with 4 lifes no bombs. died on the second non spell, Windows 8 gave me a low battery warning on the second spell, bombed through the third, bombed through the 3rd non spell, died twice on the timeout, stupidly ran into a wall on the 5th spell.

2 failed attempts. Why do I suck?

Mino ☆

• PCB player.
  • Touhou Hobbyist
« Reply #146 on: August 17, 2013, 05:21:28 PM »
>Tries to LNB DDC.
>Makes it to stage 4 with only two casualties.
>Loses every single life on stage 4 and doesn't even make it to Benben.

I'M ON A FIERY RAGE RIGHT NOW  >:D

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #147 on: August 18, 2013, 01:53:24 PM »
IN Lunatic Stage 4A Practice. Sakuya Solo. RAN OUT OF LIVES. But that isn't the exact thing that makes me rage. It's that I've remebered just how bad Sakuya Solo is. What's the worst part about her? Her bomb is not just useless, it's detrimental. Since you for some reason can't damage anything with your shots while bombing, you're worse off after bombing in stages than if you'd never bombed. And god forbid if a boss has familiars. This type is only good if you're going for no-focus pacifist. Otherwise even Reimu or Alice are better compared to this.

« Reply #148 on: August 18, 2013, 05:29:36 PM »
BLUE LADY SHOWWWWWWWWW :colonveeplusalpha:

« Reply #149 on: August 19, 2013, 02:22:34 AM »
So I finally 1cc'd Normal using ReimuA after nine tries. The only reason I didn't get it the first eight times was because my keyboard sucks; to use a bomb, I have to let go of shift, Z, AND all the arrow keys, THEN press X. So I pretty much have to know if I'm gonna die to use a bomb. And I never died consistently in one spot so it's hard to tell.

So I was playing the Extra Stage... I got to Raiko's fourth(?) spell card without dying yet and only having used one bomb. I died because I wasn't expecting to get hit, and then I rushed back up and tried to use a bomb. But NO, my keyboard doesn't let me bomb and move at the same time, so I died a second time. The third time, I used one bomb, but got hit by... something, and died.

I probably sound calm right now. I'm not.