Author Topic: Rewrite Mafia (Game Over - Town and Third Party Win)  (Read 74393 times)

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
Re: Rewrite Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #90 on: May 21, 2013, 07:31:47 AM »
Rai: There's no 'n' in Schezo. Also, you'll understand if I think you're scummy for blindly mentioning everything I do as scummy, right? Also dismissing my explanations completely.

Actually rereading the thread, I mixed people up. Schezo doesn't even say anything about voteblocking being scummy, as far as I can see, so this vote makes even less sense than it did earlier.

Prims's Schezo vote is ??? because he says he agrees with BT that he's scummy, except BT never actually said that he found Schezo scummy, just that nothing stands out at all, so he might as well keep his vote where it is.
I think Affinity's trying to say that, since there is something to gain from the voteblock convo, Schezo gets a vote for wanting to move on. (I'm iffy about this but fine with Affinity himself)

huhwhat said that Schezo's posts told him Schezo was scummy, so you're reading that wrong.

BBM also has a point since Schezo was agreeing with what Affinity said. That is scummy because? (besides because Affinity thinks like scum)
Translation pls.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #91 on: May 21, 2013, 07:34:16 AM »
By the way huhwhat's silent switch to Schezo is pretty null here.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #92 on: May 21, 2013, 07:34:47 AM »
Raikaria, you do realize huh what is clearly voting for Serela in that votecount you posted?

._.

It's too early in the morning and my head is full of HR.

My point still stands about my vote reason.

By the way huhwhat's silent switch to Schezo is pretty null here.

Not when he dosen't explain what suddenly makes Serela town after pushing so hard.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #93 on: May 21, 2013, 07:37:43 AM »
Translation pls.
Schezo said it was irrelevant.
Affinity said it was irrelevant and then voted Schezo sounding like he disagrees with him.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #94 on: May 21, 2013, 07:39:19 AM »
Yeah.

##Unvote Schezo, ##Vote Raikaria

I'm a very weird person! What's your retort?

(I wanted to make sure this isn't ye olde scummy townie but I also don't like the way he called huhwhat's brief explanation on Serela 'fluff'.)

Cut: Sure it does. His post implies that he reconsidered things. If anything what's missing is the Schezo reasoning but, still, I find nothing alarming about that.

Cutters: I was thinking that as first too but I think Affinity said "don't think much of it" (IIRC) as in he doesn't think it's scummy, not that he doesn't think it's anything.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #95 on: May 21, 2013, 07:44:14 AM »
Oh wait, the fluff was wrt Schezo. Nevermind that part then.

BigBangMeteor

• 60% of the time, I win every time
« Reply #96 on: May 21, 2013, 07:52:46 AM »
Okay, say Affinity voted Schezo for not finding the voteblock thing important- again, why is that scummy? The only way I could see it being scummy is Schezo not wanting to talk about his ability/his scumbuddy's ability, but Affinity says he doesn't think the voteblock is scum-sided.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #97 on: May 21, 2013, 07:59:33 AM »
..Not wanting to use the information you get from it.

Though honestly instead of guessing we could just wait for his response.

Stuff has been going on. Got anything else to say?

BigBangMeteor

• 60% of the time, I win every time
« Reply #98 on: May 21, 2013, 08:18:39 AM »
ok

##Unvote
##Vote: Schezo
I read Schezo's posts and agree he is probably mafia.

Also changing my mind on Serela already. Some of his posts don't make sense if the voteblock is scum-minded, which seems like a pretty safe bet given that it wasn't active at the start of the day.

Cut: Token questions + prods. Not really worried about it after your response.

With whom exactly is Prims agreeing with? Even if he found something scummy himself, he doesn't share it. Prims kind of looks like he's trying too hard- he's moving his vote a lot and jumping on everything.

I also don't like your vote on Raikaria. Your main reason for voting him, from what I can see, is that he called Prims's Serela reasoning fluff. Except you realize next post that you misread and the fluff bit was relating to something completely different. So why exactly is your vote here?

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #99 on: May 21, 2013, 08:33:56 AM »
Votecount

huh what(3): Serela, Bardiche, Raikaria
Schezo(2): Affinity, huh what
Serela(1): Schezo
BigBangMeteor(1): Silent Shaman
Affinity(1): BigBangMeteor
Raikaria(1): BT
Not voting (2): NekoNekoRex, Validon98
With 11 votes in play it takes 6 to lynch.
There are ~65.5 hours remaining in the day.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 10:54:42 AM by Momiji Inubashiri »

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #100 on: May 21, 2013, 08:40:01 AM »
He is agreeing with Affinity.

I find Raikaria scummy for his pushes in that one post. His pointing things out as 'silly' and 'weird' ultimately show no scumhunting process, as he's only pointing things out. If he thought I was weird-in-a-scummy-way, instead of stating why and maybe getting an explanation out of me he opts to leave it as that, as he's only pointing things out. The Cream of the Croagunk Crop (don't sue me) is that he mentions he thinks huhwhat was spot on with his assumption that Serela is a voteblocker but proceeds to a) not do anything wrt Serela, instead saying it's "fishy" and never mentioning him again and b) not do anything wrt huhwhat, which is jarring because he votes him to follow. Wouldn't huhwhat being right and Serela "fishy" (or huhwhat correctly calling out a movable voteblock) change things? NBD, it seems.

Shadoweh, you said you were going to read that post. What happened?

Shadoweh

« Reply #101 on: May 21, 2013, 08:42:43 AM »
I did read that post. It reads like crazy rambling. I literally don't think it's useful for determining anything.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #102 on: May 21, 2013, 08:54:44 AM »
I did read that post. It reads like crazy rambling. I literally don't think it's useful for determining anything.
Despite what I just determined? I mean, sure, it could just be Bad Rambling but we're not going to find out by pointing and laughing at it. Unless you want to tell me who my vote should be on?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #103 on: May 21, 2013, 10:06:19 AM »
BT, you neglect to realize that my long post as literally a thoughtdump. I read things, found things of interest, commented on them, and then made a breif summary at the end where I basically voted simply to find out more information.

If I had not felt pressured to do something useful in a hurry [And not got errors attempting to log onto my University's website to check a couple of things I was not 100% sure on for the exam], I would not have even done that until now. That is the reason I failed to notice Huh What's vote stood.

You claim I say Huh What was right,when I said such as an error... [Which Shadoweh pointed out and I noticed]. Also I say:

The Cream of the Croagunk Crop (don't sue me) is that he mentions he thinks huhwhat was spot on with his assumption that Serela is a voteblocker

There's no Huh What. Maybe his conclusion jump wasn't so jumpy! Either someone is framing Serela with a movable voteblock or this is fishy.

Key Words: Maybe
Either
Or

I by no means say Huh What is right on the button. It is still a silly assumption this early, and it could just as easily be something with Shadoweh's role. So there goes the core of your reasoning right then and there.

I said I voted Huh What for more information. I did not like his sudden flip to Schezo, which was both unexplained on why Schezo, and unexplained in what suddenly made Serela sound like a townie... or what made him sound like scum before that point. I did not have the time or the mental clarity to analyze and come to a full conclusion of who I saw was scum at that point.

Also I did not like HW jumping to conclusions or his sudden wagon flip. It's like he was pushing hard on Serela, saw it wasn't working, so hopped on the Schezo wagon for no reason. Which is why I want him to give more info.

In addition, your behavior is not seeming any better to me. I pointed out what I disliked before, but maybe not clearly. You were doing a lot of ~posting~ but nothing useful, and sitting on a parked vote... while having a go at me for my joke vote when I was in a rush [Although admittedly I had not explained as such, but you kept going on about it even after I explained]

Now you're at least attempting to seem useful... but voting based on bad logic and misrepping what I said.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #104 on: May 21, 2013, 10:09:18 AM »
Despite increaseing urge to vote BT I will remain on HW for the time being because I feel his wagon flip really needs explanation.

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #105 on: May 21, 2013, 10:14:21 AM »
* Validon98 reads the four pages that cropped up while he was sleeping.
...I'M SO CONFUSED!!! Do we even have any idea what roles exist, or is it purely blind, because at this point everyone's talking about vote blocking and stuff and I've lost track of what's going on. ???
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Shadoweh

« Reply #106 on: May 21, 2013, 10:20:52 AM »
* Validon98 reads the four pages that cropped up while he was sleeping.
...I'M SO CONFUSED!!! Do we even have any idea what roles exist, or is it purely blind, because at this point everyone's talking about vote blocking and stuff and I've lost track of what's going on. ???
No, and it's not the idea of the game to figure out what roles exist. Try talking about what people have been doing and why that might possibly be scummy. You have a bad case of the newbie and it is usually fatal.

BT: I think it's patent pending. I'm not pointing and laughing at it, other then the actual error.

Raikaria, you're being a little too defensive. I don't think your comments on BT make you look any better. However, if you were just voting huh what for information (which you say later in that post is untrue..) and you think BT is actually attacking you, you should vote BT instead. The best information is voting scummy people for being scum.

##Dropkick from Hell: Serela <--- I WILL FORM THE WILL OF HATRED AND SOMEDAY IT WILL KILL YOU SERELA

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #107 on: May 21, 2013, 10:32:44 AM »
Except I think that Hh What's unexplained Wagon hop after his wagon pushing failed is more scummy.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #108 on: May 21, 2013, 10:37:28 AM »
I'll give you that I forgot to factor in the fact that you were in a rush and as such less likely to analyze things. There goes most of my reasoning.

Still, what I said about your voteblock interpretation stands, technically. Even if you were wrong about huhwhat being blocked, you still thought that was the case, and, despite your key words, that line very much delivered the message that you thought his "silly assumption" suddenly had a base. Was your vote solely for information? If that's the case then this admittedly makes more sense (but you can't fault me for thinking it was serious).

You're free now, right? What do you think about other inhabitants of cityville?

By the way, I did not want to "have a go at you" by telling you to use your vote. Rather, I wanted you to use your vote. #_# I'd also like you to consider things before you tell me that I was "sitting on a parked vote", as the explanations are all there and I was actually trying to make up for the brief lack of scumspects at the time (by, you know, contributing to the discussion).

I also gave up on the Sheeping Serela thing (yes, that's what I was trying to do). It was basically my attempt to see what a manually "stronger" vote would make him do, considering people had reasons to suspect him at the time that I could not reject. Of course he had to snooze up and away but it's the thought that counts.

I'm tempted to unvote but let me think this over. I think my main concern remains that you're not really thinking things over that you call scummy. I'll wait for a fresh post seeing as I still have no one else (fun times).

Shadoweh:
Unless you want to tell me who my vote should be on?
Like, we all love Serela, but reasoning where?

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #109 on: May 21, 2013, 10:43:07 AM »
Oh yeah, obligatory "it's okay! :D" comment wrt Validon. Shenanigans are afoot as a group of scummy individuals attempt to blend in. Who do you think is up to no good?

Shadoweh

« Reply #110 on: May 21, 2013, 10:50:32 AM »
Votecount

huh what(3): Serela, Bardiche, Raikaria
Schezo(3): Affinity, huh what
Serela(1): Schezo
BigBangMeteor(1): Silent Shaman
Affinity(1): BigBangMeteor
Raikaria(1): BT
Not voting (2): NekoNekoRex, Validon98
With 11 votes in play it takes 6 to lynch.
There are ~65.5 hours remaining in the day.
Dormio is Schezo's amazing 3 vote beatdown a typo?

Oh, if you're offering to proxy your beautiful, sexy vote to me, Serela hasn't said enough to determine his actual scumminess yet. Voting for him is the easiest way to make him squeal like a pig for me though. Honestly not bbeing able to vote makes me feel detached. If I were to vote someone right now, it would be one of:

huh what: Because his vote switch to Schezo was bizzare and he has to realize that.
Affinity: Even if it's not conclusive, his reasoning to vote Schezo was like slipping in unobtrusively.
Serela: FEELS GOOD MAN

I would seriously want to vote Validon out of principle though. i don't know if Neko would deserve votes since he doesn't appear to have posted.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #111 on: May 21, 2013, 10:51:08 AM »
No, and it's not the idea of the game to figure out what roles exist. Try talking about what people have been doing and why that might possibly be scummy. You have a bad case of the newbie and it is usually fatal.

Okay... I'm not a newbie to Mafia, I'm a newbie to how you guys run Mafia. It's radically different. 0_0
And, I'm trying to follow the conversation, but I lost it somewhere about page 2. Someone's voteblocking someone, people are accusing each other of being scummy, and I have given up on making sense of it all. And this is the norm, I assume? At this point, all this conversation has done is make me even more willing to just not vote and wait until the next day, because I'm still confused.

Shadoweh

« Reply #112 on: May 21, 2013, 10:53:42 AM »
Schezo hasn't done enough to determine if voting for him is a good or bad thing to be honest, but I expect that to sort itself out. That's just where I'd start questioning.

Validon: Are you from Epic Mafia? There's alot more talking in our mafias, and alot less roll play. You need to vote though, because we are down one person! If you don't want to use it yourself, then be my Divine Hand of Serela Smiting. Look at his face, it must be lynched. BELIEVE IN ME MY SON.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #113 on: May 21, 2013, 10:54:24 AM »
I did not mean for my line that I highlighted to sound like it was a certainty. I meant it to sound like a possibility. That is just a communication barrier, probobly due to my hurried nature, and if you tripped over that... well, at least you were not misrepping me on purpose.

Other inhabitants... well, I'll also include summaries of people I've spoken about. Bear in mind there's not *that* much to go on:

Huh What: His name is what I think of him right now. Or more specifically, his voteflip. Want more info, think it's suspicious as it stands because he flipped to a growing wagon with no reason.
BT: Well this is you. Your most recent post explaining things improved my opinion somewhat, but I'm still not happy with your early stuff I've already said. Still, early days, can easily change opinions.

Shadoweh - Getting a lot of null vibes. Typical Shadowmeh. Seems to pop up and say a little something then pop way again moments later. Most recent post is good as a voice of reason I guess. Also curious if the voteblock is part of Shadoweh's role and she's just pretending she thought she could vote. But that's just a few leaps of possibility too many to be making this early. And by a few I, Raikaria, mean a lot.

Also don't like how Shadowmeh has neglected to answer:
Therefore it is unlikely this is an outside source. I'd like Shadoweh to clarify what she knows about this, however.

Unless this is somehow an answer and I don't understand:
Oh Bard, I know that you and I should escape to a better time, when I was a young innocent rules policeman and you were a leather jacketed bad boy with no respect for the world.

Serelelea - Aside from 'Don't let the space cat thing live until LYLO', Serele is fine. Especially now that whole voteblock thing is sorted.

NNR - Post moar

Schezo - Null. Post moar. I don't get what makes people think he's scumz.

BigBangMeteor - Probobly town. Wait... *eyes narrow* is this the dude who was playing Pride last game?

Validon98 - Just showed up. Null.

Raikaria - Me. Obv Town. According to my ~* totally unbiased opinion.*~

Bardiche - *~Logic~* man. Needs to post more to counteract my Chaos and scatterbraining.

Affinity - Post moar. Explain why you're voting Schezo because I don't get it. Would vote for the same main reason as HW right now.

Silent Shaman - Like #81 in general. Not much else to go on.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #114 on: May 21, 2013, 10:55:16 AM »
Dormio is Schezo's amazing 3 vote beatdown a typo?
It was, and has since been rectified.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #115 on: May 21, 2013, 10:58:54 AM »
Most recent post is good as a voice of reason I guess.

By this due to cuts I mean this post:

BT: I think it's patent pending. I'm not pointing and laughing at it, other then the actual error.

Raikaria, you're being a little too defensive. I don't think your comments on BT make you look any better. However, if you were just voting huh what for information (which you say later in that post is untrue..) and you think BT is actually attacking you, you should vote BT instead. The best information is voting scummy people for being scum.

##Dropkick from Hell: Serela <--- I WILL FORM THE WILL OF HATRED AND SOMEDAY IT WILL KILL YOU SERELA

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #116 on: May 21, 2013, 11:01:13 AM »
Validon: Are you from Epic Mafia? There's alot more talking in our mafias, and alot less roll play. You need to vote though, because we are down one person! If you don't want to use it yourself, then be my Divine Hand of Serela Smiting. Look at his face, it must be lynched. BELIEVE IN ME MY SON.

To answer the question, yes (although I've only played one game and I'm currently also part of another), and to answer your request, no, I'm not blindly voting Serela without getting a grasp of the situation. Oh, and I'm going to have to go to school about now, so I'm not going to be able to follow the conversation for a couple more hours because school filters.

Shadoweh

« Reply #117 on: May 21, 2013, 11:03:13 AM »
Shadoweh - Getting a lot of null vibes. Typical Shadowmeh. Seems to pop up and say a little something then pop way again moments later. Most recent post is good as a voice of reason I guess.
I'm insulted considering I've probably already posted more then I did as my beautiful charming beautiful amazing self. Also because I'm literally having a running conversation with BT right now so I'm notably not just popping in and leaving? And I personally think my answer was MAXIMUM.

Schezo - Null. Post moar. I don't get what makes people think he's scumz.
Being Schezo
BigBangMeteor - Probobly town. Wait... *eyes narrow* is this the dude who was playing Pride last game?
I'm pretty sure you knew the answer to this!
Validon98 - Just showed up. Null.
Do you think he could be scum faking not knowing how to post?

Honestly I think Rairai sounds townie enough for keeping the discussion going. You should probably stop double spacing everything though, it makes your posts harder to read. At least put all the player opinions together?

Shadoweh

« Reply #118 on: May 21, 2013, 11:05:23 AM »
To answer the question, yes (although I've only played one game and I'm currently also part of another), and to answer your request, no, I'm not blindly voting Serela without getting a grasp of the situation. Oh, and I'm going to have to go to school about now, so I'm not going to be able to follow the conversation for a couple more hours because school filters.
:<
To be honest you should do that. Before you go though you should still vote -someone- even if it's just through a gut feeling. Even Epicmafia works on voting until things happen, doesn't it? Just vote the person you think sounds worst without thinking.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #119 on: May 21, 2013, 12:32:26 PM »
Prod (?) dodge, I will finally be able to look all this over in 5 or so hours. Had to sleep early, have college to go to (I don't expect this to affect availability too much), will be back after my single morning class.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia