Author Topic: Rumia Quest 7: Chasing Shadows  (Read 134028 times)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Re: Rumia Quest 7: Chasing Shadows
« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2013, 07:29:23 PM »
>"Yeah, Yukari said they might be trying to use it to basically control every person in existence subconsciously. I for one don't plan on letting that happen, I'll chase them to wherever they are and knock 'em down! If Seiga's after that...Well, looks like it'll be a simultaneous loss then."

> "Only if your actions stop you teaching her. That would be just killing her basically." Yumeko reminds you.

> "But, there's something I don't get. This is the first time she's been here, right?" Louise says.

> "As far as we are aware." Yumeko says.

> "Then why have these changes to the Dream World been occurring for months? I guess she may have used the portal from Rumia's dimension... but still, it doesn't seem to fit." Louise says.

> "That does make sense. Either she's not the cause of these Dream Changes, or she is, and something has made her decide to use our portal to the Dream World instead." Sara adds.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2013, 07:31:33 PM »
>"That could be it. Senkai can get you pretty much anywhere, but it's notoriously fussy about who uses it, and when. It doesn't like being used as a shortcut except in emergencies."
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2013, 07:39:48 PM »
>"That could be it. Senkai can get you pretty much anywhere, but it's notoriously fussy about who uses it, and when. It doesn't like being used as a shortcut except in emergencies."

> "Ah yes, I recall you explaining. It's a place for Taoists to pray, and connects to everywhere in your dimension, but, since it's purpose is prayer, it doesn't let you just travel through it unless it's an emergency." Yumeko says. "It might be possible that it could connect to other dimensions as well, I guess."

> You figure it could also be that Senkai works differently for Seiga, since she follows a different type of Taoism to the other three.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2013, 07:51:37 PM »
>"Yeah, pretty much. It's kinda like an alternate space within a space. Yukari would've been able to explain that sorta thing a lot better than me though. It probably doesn't work the same for Seiga as it does for the others though. For all I know, Senkai might've refused to go along with her scheme, so she aimed for an alternate means."
>Sigh. "I doubt she's trying to stop the person behind it, that just isn't in her character...Unless she thinks it'll be interesting that is. For all I know, all my incident-resolution might've gotten her interested in taking a whack at it."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2013, 08:05:20 PM »
>"Yeah, pretty much. It's kinda like an alternate space within a space. Yukari would've been able to explain that sorta thing a lot better than me though. It probably doesn't work the same for Seiga as it does for the others though. For all I know, Senkai might've refused to go along with her scheme, so she aimed for an alternate means."
>Sigh. "I doubt she's trying to stop the person behind it, that just isn't in her character...Unless she thinks it'll be interesting that is. For all I know, all my incident-resolution might've gotten her interested in taking a whack at it."

> "Well, there is only one way to find out." Yumeko says.

> Everything starts turning a shade of purple, and the area becomes marred by large, dark pruple hills, and canyons. The mists are still covering everything, but it is not often Makai is much more than that, mists, with the occasional solid island.

> There are broken fragments of what looks like pillars scattered across the area, and there is a forebodeing feeling, that makes you feel unsettled.

Ruins of Vina theme

> "Past this point, we will be entering the Ruins of Vina. Only three beings live here, and each of them are among the strongest beings in Makai, stronger than even I am, with Sariel being far stronger, eclipsed only by Shinki herself. You've met them before, Rumia, they are the three Shinki brought along during her invasion, Yuugenmagan, Elis and Sariel. Be on guard."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2013, 08:19:01 PM »
>"..Uh, Wasn't Yuugenmagan that gold thing with all the eyes that I Dark Sparked back then?"
>Grin sheepishly. "I, uh, hope there isn't a grudge there. I was just doing what I felt was right back then."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2013, 08:27:55 PM »
>"..Uh, Wasn't Yuugenmagan that gold thing with all the eyes that I Dark Sparked back then?"
>Grin sheepishly. "I, uh, hope there isn't a grudge there. I was just doing what I felt was right back then."

> "Yes." Yumeko says.

> "If she had a grudge with you, what would I have? You killed me." the maid snaps.

> "Oh my oh my, visitors! This is the first time since that Miko all those years ago~" a voice says, before a figure jumps down in front of you.

> She is blonde, dressed a little like a miko, with a white shirt and arms, and a red skirt, which falls to her ankles. Her eyes are also gold.

> What is interesting, however, is the purple five spheres, with numerous seals, dangling from her waist, by chains. The seals have the kanji for 'Lightling' on them, like the seals on Mokou's pants have the kanji for 'Fire'.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2013, 08:31:57 PM »
>Huh, does she look like the person who Yuugenmagan turned out to be after we sparked her back then?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2013, 08:36:30 PM »
>Huh, does she look like the person who Yuugenmagan turned out to be after we sparked her back then?

> No, the figure was a solid gold, although, now you think about it, the overall shape was very similar. That said, you're sure she was wearing a Kimono, and had no orbs at her waist.

> The girl looks at your group.

> "I don't know these two, I know you Yumeko of course, and you... I'm sure I've seen you before... but I can't pin where..."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2013, 08:51:59 PM »
>"Well, I did have a week-long vacation here for a while, maybe you saw me then? Or maybe, since you likely live here, it was back when Shinki tried invading Gensokyo to take Alice back by force? Because I was there for that stunt."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2013, 08:59:19 PM »
>"Well, I did have a week-long vacation here for a while, maybe you saw me then? Or maybe, since you likely live here, it was back when Shinki tried invading Gensokyo to take Alice back by force? Because I was there for that stunt."

> The figure's eyes narrow.

> "Oh yes. Now I remember. You're the 'inside weapon' Shinki wanted to use. You're the creature that the Heart spat out, and killed a lot of denizens of this land, before raising your hand to Shinki-sama."

> She looks threatening, and gives off a feeling of power, as the orbs rattle.

> Then they stop.

> "Except you're NOT her. You've changed. You're a new person. I can't even feel the Heart's corruption in you now." the stranger says, her mood swinging completely.

> "So, and I don't want the others helping you, who do you think I am?" she muses.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2013, 10:53:26 PM »
>"Hmm....Given the location, your overall looks, and the fact that your seals have the kanji for lightning on them, you're Yuugenmagan, aren't you?"
>"And yeah, thanks to the help of a crazy-celestial-who-isn't-crazy-anymore, the old me got split away, and was then 'disposed of'. Rika said something about 500 gravity or something. All I know is that there wasn't enough left of the old me to fill a coffee mug."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2013, 11:13:41 PM »
>"Hmm....Given the location, your overall looks, and the fact that your seals have the kanji for lightning on them, you're Yuugenmagan, aren't you?"
>"And yeah, thanks to the help of a crazy-celestial-who-isn't-crazy-anymore, the old me got split away, and was then 'disposed of'. Rika said something about 500 gravity or something. All I know is that there wasn't enough left of the old me to fill a coffee mug."

> The being smiles. "Oh my~ you figured it out even in my sealed form."

> "Ah, but you see, while you were using her power at the time, you were still in control. It was still you who callously blasted that fairy and hit me." YuugenMagan says.

> The orbs rattle, and then, slowly, they open.

> They are eyes.

> However, seeing them like this reminds you of something.  The size of the eyes... and the overall look of them... they remind you of the eyes of the Satori race. In addittion, YuugenMagan seems capable of reading the fact the evil you does not exist, without you saying so.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2013, 11:32:01 PM »
>"Well, at the time you were an enemy trying to destroy Gensokyo, and since we couldn't hit you directly, I had to use a workaround. But hey, at least we're all still alive, and that's what really matters."
>Beat.
>"Y'know, those eyes remind me of Satori. you a mindreader too?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #74 on: February 27, 2013, 11:38:41 PM »
>"Well, at the time you were an enemy trying to destroy Gensokyo, and since we couldn't hit you directly, I had to use a workaround. But hey, at least we're all still alive, and that's what really matters."
>Beat.
>"Y'know, those eyes remind me of Satori. you a mindreader too?"

> "It really hurt, you know... it took me weeks to recover." YuugenMagan says.

> She smirks.

> "I am not a Satori, but these eyes came from them. Years ago, five Satori found their way here somehow. They died, and I took their Third Eyes, a waste otherwise. I stimulate them with small electrical currents, and, while I'm not a Satori, five eyes is more than enough for me to get some limited potential of mind-reading... especially when it comes to hostile intent. I sense hostile intent towards me, and I enter my intangible form."

> "Of course, when I enter my true form, the electricity simulates the eyes a little too much, and it causes a three-way reaction between my personal energy, the eyes, and the Makai Maisma, which transforms them into totally different eyes in appearance, and with offensive power."

> YuugenMagan stokes one of the eyes. "Now then, why are you here? You understand, that no-one except Shinki is allowed to pass by me, not even you, Yumeko."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #75 on: February 27, 2013, 11:47:57 PM »
>Sigh. "I'm afraid a troublesome student of mine slipped in, and may be heading for the Dream World Portal located here. I intend to keep her from getting in there, and then drag her back to Gensokyo."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2013, 11:53:34 PM »
>Sigh. "I'm afraid a troublesome student of mine slipped in, and may be heading for the Dream World Portal located here. I intend to keep her from getting in there, and then drag her back to Gensokyo."

> "If someone passed through here, I would know." YuugenMagan says. "Do I look like someone who was just defeated?"

> "She can pass through objects. She probobly passed by you by going through the hills." Yumeko says.

> YuugenMagan looks annoyed. "You dare to insult my ability as a guardian by implying such a petty trick?"

> Yumeko swings her hand out, and the next thing you know, you have teleported away.

> "I used my space manipulation to teleport us past her. We don't have time to..."

> "GET DOWN!" Sara cries, as five large orbs of lighting rush towards you. You see, in the far distance, YuugenMagan in her 'true' form. But... there's no way she could have found you so fas... oh wait she probobly read Yumeko's mind and knew where you would go.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #77 on: February 27, 2013, 11:59:07 PM »
>"Oh. Not good. Definitely not good. I'm stronger than I used to be, but even now she'll be an irritatingly difficult opponent if I have to knock some sense into her."
>Pull out Unified Chaos and get to cleaving those orbs with sword beams!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #78 on: February 28, 2013, 12:04:45 AM »
>"Oh. Not good. Definitely not good. I'm stronger than I used to be, but even now she'll be an irritatingly difficult opponent if I have to knock some sense into her."
>Pull out Unified Chaos and get to cleaving those orbs with sword beams!

> You only have the time to slice one of the orbs. One goes just wide, Yumeko teleports another away, Sara seems to just tank one, with minimal effects, and Louise just turns into her ghost form and lets the one heading for her just pass through.

> "Ideally I would not want to fight her either." Yumeko admits. "She is a very troublesome opponent, and this time we don't have that fairy around that you can direct your hostile intent to."

> The five eyes, connected to YuugenMagan by lighting, zoom towards you, surrounding the hill you are on, before YuugenMagan pulls herself to the center.

> Yumeko forms swords in the air, before slamming them into the ground, which changes into something like the crystal floors of Pandemonium, and bounce off, flying towards the eyes. Nothing happens.

> "Oh please, I figured out what you planned when you thought about spacing in the floor of Pandemonium to bounce your swords off."

Fight or Flight: Yuugenmagan conflict!

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #79 on: February 28, 2013, 12:11:20 AM »
>"I really don't want to fight you, but Seiga actually would pull a cheap trick like that. It's in her nature as a 'Wicked Hermit'. You should be able to read intent enough to know that I'm telling the truth."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #80 on: February 28, 2013, 12:17:07 AM »
>"I really don't want to fight you, but Seiga actually would pull a cheap trick like that. It's in her nature as a 'Wicked Hermit'. You should be able to read intent enough to know that I'm telling the truth."

> "I can't read the intent of someone I've never been in contact with, nor read their intent from someone else. What someone else thinks of someone is not what they think." YuugenMagan says. "Even then, if someone had sneaked past me, that just makes it the job of the other two. It's my job to stop you progressing!"

> "Well... there's ways to get around your form, you know." Sara says. "After all, while electricity might not have a physical form par-say, you can still disrupt the currents. You're not invulnerable to everything..."

> There is a moment of silence.

> "Guys, do any of you have anything that can disrupt an electrical current?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #81 on: February 28, 2013, 12:20:49 AM »
>What do we know of that can? Aside from our sword.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #82 on: February 28, 2013, 12:30:41 AM »
>What do we know of that can? Aside from our sword.

> You're not even sure if your sword can disrupt electricity. You know rubber, or some other insulator, such as wood. In fact, hitting electricity with your sword would just conduct it to you, and be suicidal. If there was a large enough conductor, to channel it to an earth, that would help too.

> Sara looks around.

> "Well, then we just gotta attack her spiritual form, and not her physical form!" she says, as her hands start to glow with spiritual energy. It's not Chi, but it feels similar.

====

[VERY IMPORTANT EDIT 01/03: I've noticed that the lack of GYMO posting towards the end of RC6 and now isn't him not playing or being busy or anything. He has been Perma-Banned. With this, the only player left who is regular is Hanzo.

Due to this fact, I shall be scrapping some of my plans for this quest, and instead merge the plotlines of RQ 7 and 8, so the universe can be wrapped up. I am aware this roleplay, due to it's length, is difficult for newcomers to get into, and right now it's basically only Hanzo left.

Due to this, after this quest, I will be starting a completely new questline after this finishes, so new players can enter more freely. I was contemplating doing a follow-up to Rumia Quest as the next step, probobly Maribel Quest, but with this development, my mind is made up. The Rumia Quest Universe is ending.

Due to the new plotline, I will reveal what the intended plot for this Quest was if it is desired. The plot changes will not effect anything until you catch Seiga.

In addition, Wriggle Quest, which was originally planned as a build-up to Rumia Quest 8, will be ending after the whole Kanako thing, as the plot of RQ8 will begin sooner than anticipated. I apologize, but the changed plot advancement has forced my hand on that. A roleplay just isn't as great to GM when it's just a back and forth between two people, even if before it was mainly one, with others occasionally chipping in, the chipping in was great. It turns from a roleplay with people suggesting multiple actions, and working together to find the best solutions, to a discussion between the GM and player.

Also of note is whatever I plan to do next will have a slower pace of posting. The pace might have driven some people off RQ, which I admit is my own fault, I get too into the story myself and can't wait! I have as much fun GM'ing as you guys, players and readers, do, and when I'm a player, I hate waiting a few days for the GM to post with no-one posting. I wanted to avoid that. Unfortunately, I just went to the other extreme instead.]
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 03:11:46 AM by Raikaria »

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #83 on: March 02, 2013, 04:10:13 PM »
>"Using that sort of tactic, eh? Well, I can do something like that too."
>Well, let's set into that stance we use often, so we can just knock Yuugen flat on her rear with a concussive, wide-angle blast!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #84 on: March 02, 2013, 05:11:14 PM »
>"Using that sort of tactic, eh? Well, I can do something like that too."
>Well, let's set into that stance we use often, so we can just knock Yuugen flat on her rear with a concussive, wide-angle blast!

> You start charging up your own Chi, as Louise enters her ghost form and charges a sphere of energy as well.

> "Makin me feel left out..." Yumeko complains.

> You and Louise release your attacks, and, right after they hit, Sara delivers a barrage of punches with her hands.

> YuugenMagan has moved, and is flickering a little, which you take as a sign she did take damage, or at least feel the attack. However, the eyes each release multiple lasers towards your group, making a sort of laser-rain.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #85 on: March 02, 2013, 05:18:08 PM »
>If Yorihime could do it, so can we! So let's get to laser-cleaving!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #86 on: March 02, 2013, 05:51:56 PM »
>If Yorihime could do it, so can we! So let's get to laser-cleaving!

> You defend yourself from the lasers with your blade, however, you can only defend from one side, and the assault is omni-directional.

> So you just start spinning rapidly with your sword like you see Yumeko doing [Although she is duel-wielding]. When the barrage ends, you've taken some hits, but deflected the worst of it. You are also dizzy, unlike Yumeko.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #87 on: March 02, 2013, 06:01:26 PM »
>"Buuuh. Remind me to not try that again. There's advantages to being a doll after all."
>Let's clear our head and focus our energy again.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #88 on: March 02, 2013, 06:10:10 PM »
>"Buuuh. Remind me to not try that again. There's advantages to being a doll after all."
>Let's clear our head and focus our energy again.

> "Also advantages to being a swordmaster. Let me handle the defense." Yumeko says.

> YuugenMagan unleashes another barrage before you can repond, but Yumeko forms swords in the paths of the lasers, slicing the ones she cannot reach herself, and deflecting some back.

> "As I told my allies, YuugenMagan, you and Elis are only on par with me. That means that we're evenly matched... before you factor in the other three!" Yumeko says, as several deflected lasers bounce from her positioned swords, and gather on one that wasn't deflecting.

> "Let's see if you saw this one coming... or have time to react to it!" Yumeko says, as time stops, a side-effect of her space manipulation. It is only for the breifest of moments, but it is enough for the laser-empowered sword to fly through YuugenMagan.

> YuugenMagan is distorting again, and the eyes winced in pain.

> "Not... fast... enough... I managed to avoid the worst of it." she says.

> By this point, you have collected the energy required.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #89 on: March 02, 2013, 06:11:14 PM »
>Smirk a bit. "Not quite."
>Time to let 'er have it!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!