Author Topic: League of Legends Thread 10 - Threads...threads are truly outrageous.  (Read 225619 times)

Re: League of Legends Thread 10 - Threads...threads are truly outrageous.
« Reply #810 on: May 01, 2013, 10:23:08 AM »
Oh god murderbridge is so fun.
Looks to be a great way to be forced to learn all the champions and really good for teaching how to teamfight better.
The massive passive gold income and tiny death timer makes it less snowbally so you actually get everyone nearly full build.

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #812 on: May 01, 2013, 10:42:56 AM »
The only reason for me to join winter's claw would be Udyr, but screw that, Udyr is Ionian, no matter how much Superboy slams against the walls of reality, and I sure as hell am not going to join Team Eye-Beard.  :V

And yes, ARAM is <3, especially now that you don't have to wait out a dozen dodges before a game comes together. Though I could do with less teams consisting of 4 ADC + another champ with no hard cc. Karma is awesome on murderbridge though, especially with the recent buffs. I might try her as a proper mid now.

One thing I heavily dislike about the new patch is the ridiculous stealth-nerf to Tiger Stance. Considering it wasn't even in the patch notes, I hope it is a bug and will get fixed. If it doesn't, well, phoenix for life.  :derp:
Edit: it's not a bug, it's intended. Well. Ok.  :colonveeplusalpha:
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 10:45:45 AM by Iryan »
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #813 on: May 01, 2013, 01:53:26 PM »
http://i.imgur.com/PUzKuLk.jpg

SA ELLA'SA TIRIV'I
Karma is the best thing on ARAMs.  Dat glorious repeat poke, the shield/haste is great, oh and she stuns anyone foolish enough to try to jump into the team (on a 2-second delay so when all your allies stun them first hers goes on as theirs wear off)

She's not quite as silly as old Karma was though (dat AoE sustain) but she's great.

seriously though never going back to summoner's rift now that howling abyss is an available game mode.

...also I'm Winter's Claw because why the hell not I really do like Sejuani best of the three freljord queens and I have NO IDEA WHY

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #814 on: May 01, 2013, 02:55:31 PM »
Uh cause she's the best and has a GIANT BOAR that's plenty reason.

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #815 on: May 01, 2013, 03:33:33 PM »
Uh cause she's the best and has a GIANT BOAR that's plenty reason.

So which one is the boar, again? :derp:

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #816 on: May 01, 2013, 04:34:04 PM »
I got reminded why I hate ARAM very, very quickly.

ARAM is 90% down to teamcomp.

What is Pantheon/Alistar/Zilean/Tristana/[I don't even remember this one that's how little they did], supposed to do against Swain/Veigar/Sona [Who is pretty much God Tier on ARAM, poke, sustain, and AoE C.C]/Malphite/Quinn?

We got out poked.
We get out sustained
We get out C.C'ed
They even had better sustained damage

Seriously what happened when they hit 6 was we died to a Swain Penta before the three AoE C.C's were done.

In another game I completely wrecked face with Ahri, because lolCharm into a mass of 5 people is probobly gonna hit one.

On another topic, Teemo Shrooms [And Teemo] are so tiny on Bridge.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 04:36:12 PM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #817 on: May 01, 2013, 04:50:40 PM »
I got reminded why I hate ARAM very, very quickly.

ARAM is 90% down to teamcomp.

What is Pantheon/Alistar/Zilean/Tristana/[I don't even remember this one that's how little they did], supposed to do against Swain/Veigar/Sona [Who is pretty much God Tier on ARAM, poke, sustain, and AoE C.C]/Malphite/Quinn?

We got out poked.
We get out sustained
We get out C.C'ed
They even had better sustained damage

Seriously what happened when they hit 6 was we died to a Swain Penta before the three AoE C.C's were done.

In another game I completely wrecked face with Ahri, because lolCharm into a mass of 5 people is probobly gonna hit one.

On another topic, Teemo Shrooms [And Teemo] are so tiny on Bridge.

I would assumed that pre-6, Zil and Trist would poke the crap out of you and late, Pan and Ali would keep everyone off Tristana.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #818 on: May 01, 2013, 06:36:27 PM »
Is the 10 wins icon thing only for summoner's rift or all the maps?

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #819 on: May 01, 2013, 07:30:23 PM »
i really hate dealing with mundo on aram

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #820 on: May 02, 2013, 12:54:35 AM »
I would assumed that pre-6, Zil and Trist would poke the crap out of you and late, Pan and Ali would keep everyone off Tristana.

They can't do much in a Veigar stun, followed by a Swain Snare, while being poked by a Sona and Malphite and Quinn.

And Trist can't do much before lategame either.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #821 on: May 02, 2013, 06:10:19 AM »
Is the 10 wins icon thing only for summoner's rift or all the maps?
Any map, so long as it's a matchmade game (Normal/Ranked).  The ones that do not count are Vs. AI and Custom games.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #822 on: May 02, 2013, 12:54:48 PM »
So, uh, anyone seen the changes to Consume that hit the PBE?

If those actually go through I'll be playing Jungle Satan [Nunu] again. And yes, Jungle Nunu is that big of a jerk.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #823 on: May 02, 2013, 03:14:27 PM »
So, uh, anyone seen the changes to Consume that hit the PBE?

If those actually go through I'll be playing Jungle Satan [Nunu] again. And yes, Jungle Nunu is that big of a jerk.
Any Nunu is a jerk. Though the changes are a nerf to lane nunu by reducing his sustain, so there's that. Still, the special consume buffs seem fun and a significant buff for jungle Nunu. Ohgod why.

Personally I like the Galio buff. Not too fond of the Lux change, but eh.
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #824 on: May 02, 2013, 04:53:20 PM »
Whatwith ARAMs lesser focus on individual lane performance and more on team cohesion, I'm really enjoying myself :D!

Just came out of a game as Vi. Had MF, Malph, Nasus, and Sef as the other four.

Enemy team was Lee Sin, Morgana, Kayle, Ziggs, Mordekaiser.

At first MF was like 'D: WE WILL NEVER BEAT THAT COMP WE'RE ALL MELEE EXCEPT MEEEEEE'

Then about five minutes later she was scoring triple kills from behind that immovable wall of tanks that the rest of our team is made up of. I build Runic Bulwark and Hexdrinker, then Black Cleaver just for the additional armor shred to go with Nasus' Spirit Fire and MFs build in general. Oh god I'm having fun in pvp matches, check for a meteor to come kill us all
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 04:55:54 PM by Esifex »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #825 on: May 02, 2013, 06:00:22 PM »
Any Nunu is a jerk. Though the changes are a nerf to lane nunu by reducing his sustain, so there's that. Still, the special consume buffs seem fun and a significant buff for jungle Nunu. Ohgod why.

Personally I like the Galio buff. Not too fond of the Lux change, but eh.

The Lux / Diana changes are more than numbers. Shield re-application will stack instead of simply refreshing now. Lower starting value, higher potential.

Also being able to Lv 1 invade and eat a big wraith again because I have enough damage and get 15% MS for running around for my clear for doing so is awesome. [The MS making up for any autos needed before the Q to get to blue in time]

The new Nunu art and this potential change makes me wonder if Nunu will get a VU to show these effects.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 06:02:54 PM by Raikaria »

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #826 on: May 02, 2013, 07:02:13 PM »
Considering that Diana's job is to literally jump in the middle of five people while they're distracted with the rest of the team and anihilate their carry this shield is pretty much a buff to her teamfights.

In reality it ends up being a buff to anything besides escaping, since thanks to moonfall and lunar rush getting all three hits of pale cascade is actually pretty easy on 1v1s and skirmishes.

Buff to laning too, it's pretty easy to get all orbs to pop on minions and you want to push the lane as diana anyway.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 07:09:46 PM by Sacchi Kuroi »

triangles

« Reply #827 on: May 02, 2013, 11:00:58 PM »
Guys I think I have a problem
[attach=1]
I don't play any other mode now  :V  Games average < 20 minutes (I had two that were about 10!)  there's no wards to worry about or last hitting and I get to KILL EVERYONE.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #828 on: May 03, 2013, 12:01:29 PM »
Guys I think I have a problem
(snip)
I don't play any other mode now  :V  Games average < 20 minutes (I had two that were about 10!)  there's no wards to worry about or last hitting and I get to KILL EVERYONE.
No problem.  I've been barely playing anything other than ARAMs even before this came out.

« Reply #829 on: May 03, 2013, 12:12:04 PM »
I got Skarner on ARAM the other day. Vs a blitzcrank, soraka, TF, and ryze. Ye that didn't go well.

triangles

« Reply #830 on: May 03, 2013, 08:25:52 PM »
What's this?

Hitting level 30 AND 100 wins in the same game?
:toot: :toot: :toot:
ps think I'm going to get Quinn during the 20% off sale don't care if she's bad I'm bad so it's a match made in heaven  :3

So now what do I do?  I'm currently putting the finishing touches on my rune pages but egads are them quints they expensive :(  I suppose I should hold off on ranked since I'm probably the equivalent of Ceramic V at this point, how do I know when I'm "ready?"  Though I might be "ready" when MJP hits 30 so duo-queue 4lyfe.

Widermelonz

• Delicious
  • Yum
« Reply #831 on: May 03, 2013, 09:40:09 PM »
don't care if she's bad

I think she pretty good right now, with the recent buffs.

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #832 on: May 03, 2013, 10:19:26 PM »
technically you're always ready for ranked since the point is to find out your real ranking and strive to improve it

everyone has an effective current rank and the only way to discover it is to... play ranked

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #833 on: May 03, 2013, 10:52:51 PM »
technically you're always ready for ranked since the point is to find out your real ranking and strive to improve it

everyone has an effective current rank and the only way to discover it is to... play ranked

I should start playing ranked at some point.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #835 on: May 04, 2013, 12:48:48 AM »
Few days late on the Trundle.

Although the best Teemo.
Also:
These are no words that can describe how epic this possible leak is if real

Spoiler:
2nd black champion? Seems Ionian from color scheme, but completely BA, maybe Ionia/Piltover cross? EDIT: Looking closer; seems Ionian, and the title ' Gun TEMPLAR, seems Ionian too
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 02:11:24 AM by Raikaria »

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #837 on: May 04, 2013, 06:30:50 AM »
Godammit, I can't win a single game with premades anymore.

Solo Q Ranked = Carry 3 games in a row with the pony.

Solo Q Normals = Carry as Vayne, Feed our ADC as Leona, get ridiculously fed as udyr, etc.

Solo Q Normals (Draft) = Diana rape tiem lololololol

Five-Man-Premade Normals = Can't feed our ADC as Leona, can't carry as pony, can't do shit as udyr, was against caitlyn as vayne, RIVEN MID AS DIANA, end up stuck with Support Irelia once because the server lagged out and our Lulu and I couldn't change our runes/masteries in time.

It's amazing how I can simply shit on opponents when Solo Q'ing with something as silly as adc yi with double PDs but can't do shit with premades. :/

@Less Whine-y

Somebody give me a decent tank pony build because I think mine sucks.

« Reply #838 on: May 04, 2013, 07:31:26 AM »
Premades will match you against premades, or against solo Qers with much better Elo than you. You do get a handicap for the huge advantage you should have being a premade. If you aren't using those advantages:  the better co-ordination in picking a team with good synergy (i.e. all picking poke, all picking AOE), voice coms and co-ordination in who buys what support items; you will get murdered.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #839 on: May 04, 2013, 01:21:04 PM »
Somebody give me a decent tank pony build because I think mine sucks.

Explicity to tank? Well, you should be taking someone else, but the gold standard works here, Locket+Bulwark. Lizard Elder/Golem is either way depending on damage needs or tank needs. From there, Gauntlet.