Author Topic: League of Legends Thread 10 - Threads...threads are truly outrageous.  (Read 225631 times)

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
Re: League of Legends Thread 10 - Threads...threads are truly outrageous.
« Reply #720 on: April 19, 2013, 08:02:35 PM »
What about Jungle Nunu? There is no lane, and his invades ARE gameplay.

But yes, lane Nunus are obnoxious. Always have been, always will be.

a properly played jungle nunu basically disables the enemy jungler's gold income and forces them to make uncomfortable gank plays to even attempt to stay even. he basically says "you wanted to play like that, but now you HAVE to play like this because i said so". picking nunu is basically being a schoolyard bully

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #721 on: April 19, 2013, 08:07:25 PM »
a properly played jungle nunu basically disables the enemy jungler's gold income and forces them to make uncomfortable gank plays to even attempt to stay even. he basically says "you wanted to play like that, but now you HAVE to play like this because i said so". picking nunu is basically being a schoolyard bully

It was worse in Season 2 when Consume could oneshot bug mobs for a while at Lv 1 [Specifically the large Wraith]

In S3 it's not as bad as it was.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #722 on: April 19, 2013, 08:11:00 PM »
It was worse in Season 2 when Consume could oneshot bug mobs for a while at Lv 1 [Specifically the large Wraith]

In S3 it's not as bad as it was.

i'm speaking less from a power perspective and more from a gameplay perspective

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #723 on: April 19, 2013, 08:14:33 PM »
i'm speaking less from a power perspective and more from a gameplay perspective

Oh don't worry, I played a lot of Nunu jungle in Season 2, rolling out the Mobilty Boots and a Wriggles as well to be the most obnoxious thing I could be.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #724 on: April 19, 2013, 08:23:49 PM »
Oh don't worry, I played a lot of Nunu jungle in Season 2, rolling out the Mobilty Boots and a Wriggles as well to be the most obnoxious thing I could be.

you are a bad person : (

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #725 on: April 19, 2013, 08:35:45 PM »
you are a bad person : (

Oh yes, those days were hilarious.

Max Blood Boil and Ice Blast in alternares.
Run around the map at 500 MS
Clear everything quickly
Gank with snowballs
Build tanky AD and snowball and then just pound with Blood Boil

Basically, I outmanuvered any enemy jungler, was uncatchable, stole everything, and ganked every now and then. Not rarely would I be 2 or 3 levels above the enemy jungler. Even from 1:40 I would be a pain, Consumeing the enemy big wraith as it spawned, which prevented the then popular and standard Lv route hitting Lv 4. That and I reached my blue buff at 1:54

Back then Nunu was who I took when I really wanted to win.

EDIT: CLG got.. CLG'ed!

Also Tristana > Vayne lategame it seems
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 09:06:06 PM by Raikaria »

« Reply #726 on: April 19, 2013, 09:09:58 PM »
15 mins in i leave because i think its over clg too far ahead

i come back at 40 minutes and what

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #727 on: April 19, 2013, 09:16:21 PM »
15 mins in i leave because i think its over clg too far ahead

i come back at 40 minutes and what

Because the lanes were shoving into MRN's base so early, and CLG grouped so much, CLG fell woefully behind on CS and levels. MRN were Lv 18 while CLG wre 13~16. Trist was about 130 CS up. With TF passive.

Even with like a 7 tower lead, at 20 mins, CLG was only 3k ahead.

MRN also took a really gutsy baron with 2 inhibs down. Oh, and Trist got an unofficial pentakill because she had ALL THE GOLDS [She was a whole IE ahead of Doublelift]

CLG's own start did them in, and they couldn't break their own protect the X comps. Hell, Irelia had a Zekes.

EDIT:

WHAT IS THIS UPSET DAY?

Edit 2:
Phreak just owned Coby. GGU's first ban had to be timed out due to rule violations.
Phreak: So, Coby, what will GGU's first ban be?
*Coby goes on and on*
*Coby sees Phreak grinning*
OOOOOH!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 10:34:00 PM by Raikaria »

« Reply #729 on: April 19, 2013, 11:15:51 PM »
The heart and soul of league of legends.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #731 on: April 19, 2013, 11:46:26 PM »
I swear the LoL scene would not be what it is without Phreak.

On a side note, taken an interest in LeBlanc suddenly. Had a 'perfect' in terms of KDA game against a Lux with her, although I know I messed up so many times [I wouldn't QR fast enough, and end up QWR or something dumb like that] and I could have gotten a *lot* more kills if not for it.

Although I did do an epic bait of an Udyr into a towerdive, using Distortion at the last moment, then throwing Etheral Chains, which procced under the tower, then an R Etheral as he was already snared, and a Q to finish him. Yes, I 1v1'ed a full HP Udyr when on sub 100. The plays. [And I found a use for Mimic Etheral]

EDIT: Vulcan won a game, meaning it's MRN and Complexity who are going down into the relegation.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 12:36:11 AM by Raikaria »

« Reply #732 on: April 20, 2013, 01:32:34 AM »
clg what are you guys doing :/

e: TSM
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 02:35:44 AM by Suikama »

Parallaxal

• Moon Sign "Theft of Dreams"
« Reply #733 on: April 20, 2013, 03:14:04 AM »
What's with today. It's like every high tier NA team except TSM forgot how to win or something.

The thing that I've found most striking about TSM compared to other NA teams is that everyone is capable of carrying a game. They don't have just one or two star players like CLG or Crs do. That's how they can get away with stuff like Dyrus being banned/camped all game long or Regi's derpy TF play - because the rest of their team can pick up the slack and carry.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 03:18:19 AM by Parallaxal »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #734 on: April 20, 2013, 11:42:10 AM »
Of course, it works the other way as well, no-one on TSM can carry as hard as someone on the other teams either. TSM's teamcomps have simply reverted back to the Global Comp, where everyone backs everyone up. 'You fight one of us you fight all of us'.

Except they throw a Draven in there too.

Parallaxal

• Moon Sign "Theft of Dreams"
« Reply #735 on: April 20, 2013, 04:38:25 PM »
Draven's ult is close enough to being global, so that makes sense. I'm enjoying watching WildTurtle so much now, he's such an entertaining player both for his balls-to-the-wall aggressive playstyle and his silly interviews.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #736 on: April 20, 2013, 05:41:31 PM »
Hmm. So apparently when I play thresh, in ranked, my teammates lose lanes and get caught out lategame, when I play lulu, my team dominates. I don't know why, but I think I'll just continue playing with my little purple lucky charm rather than thresh, no matter how awesome he is. More often than not, they don't even click the lantern despite telling the to, anyways.

Well, whatever. 5 loss streak broken, yaay. How many games in a row do you have to lose while at 0 LP in order to drop divisions, by the way? Or do you have to fall below a certain mmr?
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #737 on: April 20, 2013, 05:56:55 PM »
As much as people complain about faceroll champions, why is it so much fun to press all the buttons and get a kill?

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #738 on: April 20, 2013, 06:14:50 PM »
As much as people complain about faceroll champions, why is it so much fun to press all the buttons and get a kill?

Sion knows.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #739 on: April 21, 2013, 01:37:22 AM »
Well, whatever. 5 loss streak broken, yaay. How many games in a row do you have to lose while at 0 LP in order to drop divisions, by the way? Or do you have to fall below a certain mmr?

Bolded is the answer, although there is also a grace period upon getting promoted.

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #740 on: April 21, 2013, 04:23:53 AM »
Hardcore losing against a team of MF, Trynda, Fiora, Jayce and Nidalee.

Too much poke, we couldn't do much.

That's when I remembered the golden rule: Engage > Poke.

THen I saw our team: Kennen (Me), Amumu, Katarina, Ezreal, Teemo.

Amumu

Kennen

When I noticed that I literally just said "fuck it", pinged them and jumped right in, easy double kill and we chased the rest for the entirety of mid lane, getting another kill in the process.

I said "Remember: Engage > Poke, so if we gotta win, we gotta be crazy."

I initiated every single teamfight because my team was too stupid to do so, but once that was done, Amumu followed in and Katarina followed up, Ezreal would ult from the other side of the rift and Teemo would just Runaan's everyone's faces.

Once we got that down, even their Hydra/Triple PD/Double BT Fiora/Tryndamere couldn't really stand much of a chance.

I also found it funny I got an unnoficial Quadra Kill simply by getting chased, ulting and using Zhonya's, then Jayce ambushed me and I killed him with Ignite after he managed to kill me.

Dat Shuriken deals way too much damage for such a low cooldown, on a manaless champion, too.

Riotplsdon'tnerfkennenI'mhavingtoomuchfunfacerollingwithhim
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 04:26:56 AM by Sacchi Kuroi »

« Reply #741 on: April 21, 2013, 04:28:20 AM »
god playing jungle is so stressful

am i farming enough am i ganking enough when do i gank am i sitting in lane for too long for this gank where should i gank aaa fuck this

support4lyfe

e:

warmong sona is best

e2:

seriously sona is just the best
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 06:01:44 AM by Suikama »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #742 on: April 22, 2013, 01:11:53 AM »
That's when I remembered the golden rule: Engage > Poke.

Remember the words of Raikaria, for they shall serve you well, young apprentice. Hard initiate and lockdown/burst beats poke, while sustained damage comps [Slugfest] that can withstand said burst beat hard initiate comps [They want you to go in!], and poke beats them.

Disclaimer: Raikaria does not take responsibility for the times when Raikaria's words are incorrect.

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #743 on: April 22, 2013, 04:58:15 AM »
As Karthus, how should I deal with bursty champs who poke me using their flash skills? I can poke them like only twice with my Q before they walk back out of range, and that plus having E on them the whole time still can't compete with the burst they dish out. As for slowing them with W, at early levels I only keep it at 1 and the decaying slow doesn't slow them that much considering I don't go early boots. Should I build Rylai's, or level my W a certain way, ignore them and keep farming, or just stay the hell away?

Also, the champ in question that made me ask this was a mid Jarvan. :S Normally I'd be able to outdamage him with most mids, but with Jarvan, he just pokes with spear and banner, then while I'm knocked up he punches my face :| On top of that, he could use his shield to negate damage from my E and Q as he walks back out. I can see the same thing happening with people like Diana, Kassadin and Teemo :S
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki, if both of us ended up as mafia
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- I would be so angry
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- that I will snap and give into my rage

« Reply #744 on: April 22, 2013, 08:03:42 AM »
As Karthus, how should I deal with bursty champs who poke me using their flash skills? I can poke them like only twice with my Q before they walk back out of range, and that plus having E on them the whole time still can't compete with the burst they dish out. As for slowing them with W, at early levels I only keep it at 1 and the decaying slow doesn't slow them that much considering I don't go early boots. Should I build Rylai's, or level my W a certain way, ignore them and keep farming, or just stay the hell away?

Also, the champ in question that made me ask this was a mid Jarvan. :S Normally I'd be able to outdamage him with most mids, but with Jarvan, he just pokes with spear and banner, then while I'm knocked up he punches my face :| On top of that, he could use his shield to negate damage from my E and Q as he walks back out. I can see the same thing happening with people like Diana, Kassadin and Teemo :S
You do not need to hit the enemy champ with Q for it to be useful. Deny the melee champ his last hits.
Remember every time they poke you they've got cooldowns, if you can dodge it you get ~10-20 seconds of being able  to harass back hard.

Also all of those champs want to roam, to stop them push the lane hard whenever they leave. Otherwise play very safe, they are falling behind by trying ganks.

You are karthus, just keep farming to get more AP, and killsteal with R (try to only do it when  the champ would get away, e.g. just after they've won a close duel).

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #745 on: April 22, 2013, 08:19:22 AM »
Throw down Wall of Pain. They just jumped in, they have to walk out. Then chain easy skittles.

Also as Komachi says, when you're not using Q for CS, use it to poke him.

[As for Diana, she's pretty much a hard counter to Karthus anyway, as are most mobile assassins, like Ahri]
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 08:21:04 AM by Raikaria »

Widermelonz

• Delicious
  • Yum
« Reply #746 on: April 24, 2013, 04:19:48 PM »
yo i don't know if triangle's ~SKIN CONTEST~ is still going on, but i drew something anyways just for fun

over 9000 hours in mspaint

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #747 on: April 24, 2013, 04:51:17 PM »
^^^^^ EDIT - YES IT IS STILL GOING ON THANK YOU DUDE FOR DRAWING SOMETHING :V :V :V

SKIN GIVEAWAY UPDATE!
(because real life has been stupid lately and I'm barely on forums/game once again whoops)

So far I'm giving away all of one skin for all of one entry!  This breaks my heart </3
Skin price changes go into effect tomorrow morning PST so I will say the deadline is MIDNIGHT TONIGHT my time (EST time zone more like BEST time zone)  so I'll do the drawing (har har) first thing in the morning.  I mean I'll probably be asleep by then so posting a little past that isn't a problem but you don't know how early I normally wake up :V

Cause hey look I spent like 10 minutes scribbling in paint! 
[attach=1]
You have 10 minutes of free time otherwise you wouldn't be reading this right?  And for that 10 minutes you could come away with a fancy new outfit!  Because I'm hopefully giving TWO away - one at the current/future 520 RP level, and another at current/future 750/975 RP level HOT DAMN THAT'S PRETTY COOL

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #748 on: April 24, 2013, 07:01:20 PM »
I would have entered but I'm EUW which may cause issues so D:

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #749 on: April 24, 2013, 08:55:05 PM »
I'd be in, if nothing else to make my boyfriend draw something cool/cute as an entry and I'd gift him the skin he drew or something.

But I'm brazillian and lack a paypal account so...