Author Topic: League of Legends Thread 10 - Threads...threads are truly outrageous.  (Read 225668 times)

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
Re: League of Legends Thread 10 - Threads...threads are truly outrageous.
« Reply #660 on: April 13, 2013, 09:50:47 AM »
drunk ryuu is amazing.

also GD's shitting their pants over Udyr's new updated lore, which changed very little except "Now he's originally born in the Freljord and got in a fight with the Ice Witch before coming to Ionia and becoming who he is today"

And having stalked threads about it 90% of it is just "WEH WE DUN LIKE CHANGE" and mistaken assumptions about what happened.  Why do I even try to give GD the time of day?

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #661 on: April 13, 2013, 10:32:19 AM »
Why do I even try to give GD the time of day?
Because you might find gems like this.
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #662 on: April 13, 2013, 11:15:54 AM »
Because you might find gems like this.
okay yeah fair enough

also, The Howling Abyss shopkeepers have an assload of voiced dialogue.  Listen through this and you basically get the story of the place as well as a bunch of jokes and little things about some characters.

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #663 on: April 13, 2013, 03:52:03 PM »
Drunk Ryuu is adrunkables and YES PLEASE ENTER GUYS I'll even make more 15 min MS Paint Masterpieces to encourage! Because I had too much fun being bad at drawing haha.

I just got complimented on my Lulu play in a game we got due-queue trolled in (literally they /all "REPORT EVERYONE BUT MY BUDDY FOR FEEDING" when I had less deaths than said buddy  ::)) by the enemy Draven who's Bronze 2 that made me :3

Looks like Quinn is getting a buff?  I'm excited about that, I really fell in love with her playstyle during free week but ~the internet~ says she's bad and I can see how she'd be a problematic ADC if you're out of scrub tier, that AA range man.  I'm absolutely picking her up when she finally hits on sale regardless.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #664 on: April 13, 2013, 04:25:31 PM »
Quinn buff is minor, except it makes Sivir feel worse for her passive. A tiny bit of movespeed is bleh, especially as it's only when it hits a marked target. Vault having a microstun makes it not outright suicide to you, because you can't AA while vaulting, meanwhile you get AA'ed [And count as whatever range Quinn is at]. Using Vault in trades before was auto-lose in said trade.

Not to mention suicidal in a teamfight. Which Quinn still is.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Parallaxal

• Moon Sign "Theft of Dreams"
« Reply #665 on: April 13, 2013, 04:55:08 PM »
So it seems Rumble is still staying on top in terms of win rate despite the changes made to his ult, and he's still seeing professional play even with that patch in place. It appears that while everyone did correctly point out that the up-front damage of his ult has notably decreased, most people seemed to have missed that the changes to his ult actually make it a much stronger zoning tool now. Before, anyone who wasn't hit by the initial Equalizer landing could still walk across the ult without suffering too much. Now if anyone who wasn't in that initial burst wants to walk across that Rumble ult, they'll be taking 30% more damage compared to before, thus making it stronger at controlling enemy movement.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 05:01:11 PM by Parallaxal »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #666 on: April 13, 2013, 05:19:48 PM »
Most of the time, even in the LCS, I see them stand in the ult instead of walking out. Which obviously dosen't work. I still recall that EG game when Froggen ran down the length [not width] of the Ult, and Krepo stood still for 5 seconds...

Still, meh, dosen't seem to have been as huge of a hit as I expected.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #667 on: April 13, 2013, 05:51:59 PM »
my head hurts fml

Quinn buff is minor, except it makes Sivir feel worse for her passive. A tiny bit of movespeed is bleh, especially as it's only when it hits a marked target. Vault having a microstun makes it not outright suicide to you, because you can't AA while vaulting, meanwhile you get AA'ed [And count as whatever range Quinn is at]. Using Vault in trades before was auto-lose in said trade.

Not to mention suicidal in a teamfight. Which Quinn still is.

the mini-stun is actually pretty great. a lot of times i've died as quinn and seen other quinns die is when they vault for a passive proc and her opponent just kills her in fight. it also gives vault added utility like channel cancels

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

Parallaxal

« Reply #668 on: April 13, 2013, 06:49:55 PM »
Channel canceling on an AD carry is not to be underestimated, since it's relatively uncommon to have on an AD carry. Miss Fortune is still big right now, and the number of AD carries that can stop her ult is woefully low. And most of the few that can stop it can't do it from 750 range. Channel canceling is also relevant against rarer stuff in bot lane like Nunu ult and half of Fiddle's kit (although Fiddles support isn't as common nowadays).

In unrelated news, the Piltover shopkeeper on Howling Abyss is the best. He's got so many amazing quotes. "I should call this place Murder Bridge!" "Excelsior! For Science!" And how he tells Jayce that his is bigger, lol.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #669 on: April 13, 2013, 07:26:59 PM »
the mini-stun is actually pretty great. a lot of times i've died as quinn and seen other quinns die is when they vault for a passive proc and her opponent just kills her in fight. it also gives vault added utility like channel cancels

.. That's what I'm saying. Vault is no longer suicide. Woo. Won't be enough to make Quin n useful, although I guess she can cancel MF Ult.

Also, [watching about 1 hour behind] FROGGEN XPEKE'ED XPEKE.

triangles

« Reply #670 on: April 14, 2013, 01:21:25 AM »
Oh Tribunal more like Tribunlol
 ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ???
Protip - maybe not report someone for intentionally feeding  (also enemy team maybe double check who you're reporting too) when you personally managed to die on average MORE THAN ONCE A MINUTE.

I didn't know that was even technically possible?

Parallaxal

« Reply #671 on: April 14, 2013, 01:40:05 AM »
Surprisingly fitting. Just turn down your volume before clicking.

I especially like the splash art.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
« Reply #672 on: April 14, 2013, 11:16:13 AM »
Apparently they made it easier to get and keep honor ribbons last week. Which explains why I now have a green one.  :D

Protip - maybe not report someone for intentionally feeding  (also enemy team maybe double check who you're reporting too) when you personally managed to die on average MORE THAN ONCE A MINUTE.

I didn't know that was even technically possible?
He built for maximum feed speed. Homeguard mobility boots, then stacking zeals. That's why I call dedication.  But yeah, tribunal cases can be fairly ridiculous. Still, I only get to pardon like 1 in 20 people, because even if not all the games are bad, usually at least one is.

Actually I haven't tribunal'd in a while. Maybe I should go do that...

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

« Reply #673 on: April 14, 2013, 06:10:32 PM »
7 game losing spree lets go.

Finally win and get 7lp. The weak sauce.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 07:01:34 PM by Dlanor A. Knox »

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #674 on: April 15, 2013, 03:16:43 AM »
Finished up my entry for triangles' contest-type draw!

Kinda made it into comic-ish form for the sake of lulz. Hope that's okay.

EDIT: Apparently I have no clue how attachments work, so just a link to the same image on my Tumblr should suffice, I hope.

EDIT AGAIN: My summoner name still isn't on the front post, so it'd be pretty difficult to pair the prize to a summoner, wouldn't it? :V  Nathaniel Varner is my IGN.

Is uh, is my summoner name ever gonna be on the first post?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 03:21:38 AM by Patorikku »

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

triangles

« Reply #675 on: April 15, 2013, 06:35:24 PM »
Comic is fine, very nice!  Poor Amumu  :ohdear:

OK MORE PEOPLE START DRAWING KTHX

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #676 on: April 15, 2013, 07:14:36 PM »
I .just. carried this game where our vayne had 4k ping and ended up feeding, and our Nami decided to just leave after a while.

I Was left as Jungle Udyr with a Top laner Jax and Mid Annie.

I was in a skype call with the Annie, I told her to go tank, if only to make this obvious loss last longer.

We won.

Me and Jax won a 2v4, the three of us almost won a 3v5 against a ridiculously fed Quinn, and once we killed her about 45 minutes in the three of us destroyed their team and got all three inner turrets as well as inhibitor turrets and inhibitor for mid and bot, all in one push.

Then, me and Jax decide to keep pushing, annie stays back as the five of them push, Jax helps me get the top inhib but he recalls to help annie once they take away half of one of our nexus turrets, I stay, and push for the win.

That. Was. Fucking. Hilarious.

I mean, sure, they SUCKED, but fuck do I care? 3v5 is tough to win against, bad players or no.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #677 on: April 15, 2013, 10:29:23 PM »
Olaf Lore Update:

The coastal peninsula of Lokfar is among the most brutal places in the Freljord.

Lokfar is among the most brutal places in the Freljord.

in the Freljord.

Freljord.

Why not remove the whole reason Olaf agreed to join the leauge Riot, just to shoehorn him in. Although Sejuani v Olaf is awesomely written admittedly, it's still a complete retcon of Olaf's lore.

What next, are they gonna shove Garen into the freaking Freljord?!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 10:30:54 PM by Raikaria »

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #678 on: April 15, 2013, 10:41:34 PM »
i think since freljord is just the next big thing they're trying to collapse a lot of the outer lore unrelated to everything that sucked into it when appropriate

this isn't really surprising

we first saw this with maokai back on halloween

« Reply #679 on: April 15, 2013, 10:45:30 PM »
Where was Lokfar before? Floating in space?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #680 on: April 15, 2013, 10:46:26 PM »
No, the location of the Twisted Treeline never was that clear, they moved the Treeline so they made Maokai a defector from the Isles. Everything else is the same.

Karthus is a better example.

Except instead of one Karthus we're getting four [Trundle, Olaf, Tryndamere [He no longer united the Barbarian Tribes, his tribes were KILLED] and Udyr], plus several more minor retcons, like Aniva and Volibear.

Actually I'm tempted to call Aniva a more major retcon since her old lore [And old character voice] hinted she was actually villainous in intent, such as wanting the rest of her kind to cross over, and wanting the world to 'end in ice'.

Where was Lokfar before? Floating in space?

Overseas. Basically Olaf was from another continent, same with the person Brand Possessed, and Brand himself.

It's annoying that Lissandra is warping the entire lore around her finger. Especially since she's existed since JoJ 3. What makes her so special that every other character has to bend over backwards, be dragged from their old locations, and have their stories ruined, just for her?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 10:49:33 PM by Raikaria »

« Reply #681 on: April 15, 2013, 11:18:28 PM »
I'm fine with riot adjusting the lore to move a character into a new location, but seriously moving a previously dislocated land to Valoran's backyard is a bit hard to swallow.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #682 on: April 15, 2013, 11:36:07 PM »
I'm fine with riot adjusting the lore to move a character into a new location, but seriously moving a previously dislocated land to Valoran's backyard is a bit hard to swallow.

Especially when before the only rwason Olaf went into the Leauge was on the condition the Summoners don't pry about the location of his homeland, not wanting the summoners and places like Noxus to meddle in their affairs.

Parallaxal

« Reply #683 on: April 15, 2013, 11:41:58 PM »
While Olaf's new lore certainly makes more sense in a grand unified lore sort of way, they did just completely rewrite everything about his backstory. I don't really like it.

Olaf is now the Tryndamere to Sejuani's Ashe.

gammaraptor

• i won't depend on anyone anymore
« Reply #684 on: April 16, 2013, 02:27:44 AM »
I mean, sure, they SUCKED, but fuck do I care? 3v5 is tough to win against, bad players or no.

This reminds me of the one time I completely dominated and was destroying the enemy team in what was a 3v5 after bot lane went afk. It was me on Akali, with an Ashe and an olaf that fed top a bit. My team wanted to surrender at around the 15 minute mark, but I told them to hold on. By 20 minutes, I was completely wrecking their team in 1v2's, I think I also got a 1v3 triple kill. Our Ashe got an above par amount of damage, and I told Olaf to just build hp and tank. In our first actual teamfight, I used ashe as bait, shrouded, and then unleashed havok on their team. I pretty much got a quadra kill in that fight, and soon afterwards we pushed mid, I got an unofficial penta and they actually surrender.

Honestly, I should not have won that game, not even looking at numbers. They had two silences, and a stun from garen, talon, and annie. How people manage to fail so hard I have no idea

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #685 on: April 16, 2013, 04:28:47 AM »
i understand people not liking olaf's lore being changed, because there are some cool traits about olaf unique to his land being so mysterious and far away

however, lokfar as a place was pretty much irrelevant to the plot of league and valoran BECAUSE it was so mysterious and far away. i find it difficult to imagine anything cool happening with old lokfar like. ever. i'd rather olaf and lokfar have different lore and be able to actually be properly involved in things(you could say old olaf could be involved in things, and he could, but he'd have no reason to care about any of it so it'd be boring) than have old lokfar and olaf be just kind of there

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #686 on: April 16, 2013, 11:52:07 AM »
*Our firstpick instalocks Karma*

*They get Shen and Thresh due to it*

Needless to say, despite me saying 'This won't end well', I didn't dodge, because that would be my 2nd dodge in a row.

Que Shen getting fed, and Karma feeding hard mid as well.

I actually repored Karma for assisting the enemy team. Firstpicking Karma makes it like a 4v5, she left Shen and Thresh open [She banned YORICK... when she wanted MID ._.], AND she fed. I *think* that counts as helping the other team out.

That and the flame she was giving our top and me.  Yes, I'm not ganking mid. Because you're already 0/2, you're Karma, when I last ganked you almost died 2v1 and we still failed to kill the Arhi, and you can't save your root for after I use mine! YOUR LANE IS A LOST CAUSE. I'd rather try and salavge bot [Top permapushed and ignored their own wards]

Also yay Thresh nerfs... oh wait they'll just max Flay instead now.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 11:55:59 AM by Raikaria »

Smashy

• :V tank
  • ᕦ(? Д?)ᕤ
« Reply #687 on: April 16, 2013, 12:25:56 PM »
Yeah I'm not sure if the Thresh change counts as a nerf past like level 3.  I guess it means you sacrifice the lvl 1 passive bitchslaps unless you want to give away not having Q but I suspect Thresh is one of those "Get all three skills at level 3" champs anyways.

(Note: I played Thresh for all of one freeweek game don't ask me about detailed Thresh stuff outside of "screw passive bitchslaps from an enemy Thresh")
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 02:59:21 PM by Smashy »

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
« Reply #688 on: April 16, 2013, 01:11:47 PM »
*Get to 100 LP in Silver 5*
*two losses*
*Win one game, new promotion series*
*Win the next two, suddenly Silver 3*

???

No, the location of the Twisted Treeline never was that clear, they moved the Treeline so they made Maokai a defector from the Isles. Everything else is the same.
Actually, I am pretty sure the treeline used to be somewhere close to Zaun. Which means not close to the shadow isles.  :derp:

Also yay Thresh nerfs... oh wait they'll just max Flay instead now.
*looks it up*

Hmm. Yeah that's really not that major. I expect more in the future.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #689 on: April 16, 2013, 01:16:57 PM »
*Get to 100 LP in Silver 5*
*two losses*
*Win one game, new promotion series*
*Win the next two, suddenly Silver 3*

???
If your MMR is significantly higher than your current rank you can skip a bit.  Can't skip division promotions, though :V

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson