Author Topic: League of Legends Thread 10 - Threads...threads are truly outrageous.  (Read 225630 times)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Re: League of Legends Thread 10 - Threads...threads are truly outrageous.
« Reply #630 on: April 11, 2013, 11:25:51 PM »
People are of course freaking out because WEH PRICES RAISED WTF RIOT but at the same time I'm pretty much okay with this and it's nice that they're basically deciding that they'll be releasing a percent of skins at a lower price point as well.

Also nobody's freaking out over the "2-4% Ultimate tier skins" and that confuses me because that's basically a hard confirmation there's another Pulsefire Ezreal on the way to freak out over

It's funny people are freaking out over some skins that honestly deserved the 1350 bracket [Cough*Tyrant Swain*Cough], with 2 weeks notice before the prices even change to buy at a lower price, when over 70 skins are being reduced in price, some of them pretty cool skins, even if they lack bells and whistles.

Also yeah, no-one freaking out over one, maybe two, PFE tier skins in 2013 is amusing too. Wonder who they are for...

Also, finally they have a name 'Ultimate Skins'. So, I guess that 'Themes' Tag needs renaming?

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #631 on: April 11, 2013, 11:43:32 PM »
Seems like my top is now worse than my adc. I guess if you don't play the role for several weeks/months because it is always instacalled, you kinda lose your grip on it...

Also yeah, no-one freaking out over one, maybe two, PFE tier skins in 2013 is amusing too. Wonder who they are for...
Pulsefire Teemo, Pulsefire Annie and Pulsefire Amumu, naturally.
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #632 on: April 12, 2013, 12:22:32 AM »
I'm surprised Infernal Alistar didn't get a boost.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #633 on: April 12, 2013, 03:51:14 AM »
aram queue for three hours

da

best

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #634 on: April 12, 2013, 04:49:19 AM »
Seems like my top is now worse than my adc. I guess if you don't play the role for several weeks/months because it is always instacalled, you kinda lose your grip on it...
Pulsefire Teemo, Pulsefire Annie and Pulsefire Amumu, naturally.
Pulsefire Annie and Pulsefire Amumu
Pulsefire Amumu
Should I be ashamed for wanting this? Because I want this.

Also, this contest looks like it could be fun. Gives me a good chance to continue breaking in my tablet and I might get a skin out of it too! I'm in!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 05:06:35 AM by Patorikku »

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #635 on: April 12, 2013, 10:20:33 AM »
Woo 6 win streak in ranked. *Even if only 47 LP for it - 3 for a dodge*

This will go a way to fixing my MMR. I'm now back up to being matched with Silver 2 / Silver 1.

Also being 3 levels above an enemy Ziggs and about 50 CS feels good.

Especially hen you're Swain who is notorious for his farming issues compared to most mids. [On the other hand his Sustain from Ziggs poke and his Ziggs killing power...]

At one point I got 2v1 towerdived by Nasus and Ziggs. I died, but they both did too. Which is never a good sign for the enemy team.

So, yeah, 100% winrate on Swain is cool. Even if it's only 2 ranked games because I never play mid in ranked usually.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 10:23:07 AM by Raikaria »

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #636 on: April 12, 2013, 01:07:34 PM »
Hahaha the day I post the skin contest they go and change all the prices  :derp:
I'll go update to account for all those shenanigans so you can all get optimal skin distributions OK DONE GO BACK A PAGE AND CHECK IT.

So what's this about ARAM queue mode coming?  I like playing, but I actually find myself getting booted from rooms (probably close to as often I see dodgers who are mad they didn't get Lux ruining) because I'm not level 30 GEE MAYBE DON'T ADVERTISE YOUR GAME FOR ALL LEVELS ALL WELCOME THEN  :fail:  Because some days I just want to punch people on the murderbridge.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #637 on: April 12, 2013, 01:29:56 PM »
You're also getting a new bridge to murder on.

And it's for IP purposes as well as dodge penalties.

Also there will be this:

http://www.reignofgaming.net/news/23889-pbe-updated-new-aram-feature-rerolls

So when you roll Udyr you can hope you get something that isn't an instant-loss/useless.

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #638 on: April 12, 2013, 02:19:30 PM »
First comment: "Anyone notice Jax and MF had a heart of gold?"
o_o
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki, if both of us ended up as mafia
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- I would be so angry
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- that I will snap and give into my rage

theshirn

« Reply #639 on: April 12, 2013, 03:16:53 PM »
It's a test realm with all sorts of wacky stuff the Riot team uses.  HoG is not coming back.  Good bloody riddance.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #640 on: April 12, 2013, 04:53:50 PM »
So when you roll Udyr you can hope you get something that isn't an instant-loss/useless.
Oh man that's happened twice to me before and I thought I was just horrible at the game (well I probably am, that just made me DOUBLE horrible)

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
« Reply #641 on: April 12, 2013, 05:04:38 PM »
Oh man that's happened twice to me before and I thought I was just horrible at the game (well I probably am, that just made me DOUBLE horrible)
Udyr is one of the worst champs for an ARAM. He excells at early game dueling, especially before level 6, and his major weakness is kiting. A mode where you start out already closer to 6, and duels don't occur normally, is not very kind to him.  :V

Also, feels good to stomp a ranked game once in a while. 12/3/15 as Cho'Gath. 10 of those kills were delicious.  :3
Balances out my terrible nidalee game yesterday.

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #642 on: April 12, 2013, 07:51:57 PM »
It's a test realm with all sorts of wacky stuff the Riot team uses.  HoG is not coming back.  Good bloody riddance.

they might reuse the icon for something else

or they might bring it back for aram only since it wasn't a huge problem there afaik

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #643 on: April 12, 2013, 08:10:46 PM »
Udyr is one of the worst champs for an ARAM. He excells at early game dueling, especially before level 6, and his major weakness is kiting. A mode where you start out already closer to 6, and duels don't occur normally, is not very kind to him.  :V

Nah, ARAM is all about two things:

1: Poke capabilty
2: large amounts of AoE damage/C.C

The more of both you you have the more likly you are to win. ARAM is almost entirely decided in champion select, which is why dodgeing was so prevelant, on Murderbridge, you don't need to be good with skillshots to hit 5 tightly packed people...

Look at the highest winrates on PG:
http://www.lolking.net/charts?region=all&league=aram&type=champion-winrate&range=daily

Heavy poke, ranged, or aurabots. Yorick is probobly there because all teamfight all the time means Yorick Ult. Note supports are OP in ARAM due to their tendancy for ranged harass, heavy C.C, or just aurabotting 4 other people.

Meanwhile, lowest:
http://www.lolking.net/charts?region=all&league=aram&type=champion-loserate&range=daily

Carries and Assassins, most of them melee. Stealth Characters kinda suck when ambushing is impossible too.

Fun Fact: ARAM stats show estimations of which characters are most and least owned. [Most popular, least popular]. Ezreal is the most owned champion going by ARAM stats, with Caitlyn just behind, and Sejuani is the least owned, by almost 100 games from Viktor. Wonder if that'll change soon :V
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 08:13:09 PM by Raikaria »

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #644 on: April 12, 2013, 08:14:34 PM »
ARAM Udyr is underrated IMO. He's only bad if you have no initiator. If you have one, he can be Udyr and stun the whole team. He's not a bad peeler either.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Smashy

• :V tank
  • ᕦ(? Д?)ᕤ
« Reply #645 on: April 12, 2013, 09:13:55 PM »
Here let's start the day with an hour long game.

Before the LCS even starts.

(See also: How to throw the game without dying, featuring Anivia clearing a stacked up bot wave with Baron up.  At ~58 minutes)

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
« Reply #647 on: April 12, 2013, 10:08:53 PM »
[attach=1]

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #648 on: April 12, 2013, 10:09:08 PM »
brick of aram text

except that data is shit because ARAM has no skill divide. you can have a team of diamonds vs a team of bronzes happen all the time. the skill disparity is incredibly large in every single game

theshirn

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #650 on: April 12, 2013, 11:40:41 PM »
except that data is shit because ARAM has no skill divide. you can have a team of diamonds vs a team of bronzes happen all the time. the skill disparity is incredibly large in every single game
Basically this.

In practice, pretty much every champ has a place in ARAM, though sometimes it's a matter of finding it - obviously AD Carries still make amazing AD Carries on ARAM but you get several who have to play a little different or are a little more reliant on having certain other things in the team in order to succeed.

Note supports are OP in ARAM due to their tendancy for ranged harass, heavy C.C, or just aurabotting 4 other people.
Or healing.  Having a healer in ARAM is an amazing thing, since there's no just going back to base to recover.

Either way I know Xypherous has mentioned wanting to do a passover on ARAM itemization at some point and there's already been an announcement they're going to separate balancing for Treeline and Dominion, so maybe they'll do it for Murderbridge too (and we'll see Nidalee and Jayce getting the crap kicked out of them)

« Reply #651 on: April 13, 2013, 12:36:21 AM »
seeing sona do so well again has me split on being happy and worried

riot if you nerf sona again

oh man TSM coming back in this
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 02:38:37 AM by Suikama »

Parallaxal

• Moon Sign "Theft of Dreams"
« Reply #652 on: April 13, 2013, 03:39:30 AM »
Highlight of the day was Dyrus sleeping on camera. Most Laid Back NA.

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #653 on: April 13, 2013, 05:21:20 AM »
super drunk right wnoi

jut st wanna asay

ilu guys

shim is supr cool

raicarkai keep disgareing with me becuase it's fu
 aruging

thread has dnioe a lto fo rego

good luck trnaslatign this

ilu gg

edit: also triangles is super aswesome participate in her contest becasse she's coool as fuck and stfuff
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 05:23:15 AM by Ryuu »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #655 on: April 13, 2013, 06:22:31 AM »
seeing sona do so well again has me split on being happy and worried

riot if you nerf sona again

oh man TSM coming back in this

Her winrates are almost 56%. Wouldn't shock me if her and Janna get nerfs...

*Looks at PBE*

Glitterlance [ Q ] - Now costs 60/65/70/75/80 Mana (up from 40/50/60/70/80 Mana)

http://www.lolking.net/champions/lulu#statistics

> Lulu's Winrates are far below 50%, as low as 45%, in fact, she's in the lowest 15 winrate champions in the game.
> Nerfing Lulu when Thresh, Janna and Sona all have 53%+ winrates
> Lulu's winrate is the lowest of any support [Unless you count Karma]
> Lulu isn't exactly dominating LCS play, that is again, Thresh.

RIIIIIOT

Also Udyr is now from Frejord, or however you spell it. The monk he met who took him to a monastery is named as Lee Sin too.

Also Tryndamere's new lore apparently teases a new champion, judgeing by a Red's Reaction

The amount that skill actually effects ARAM? Very small. It's harder to MISS skillshots in ARAM, you don't need to CS either... and since the champion selection is random, it's an equal chance the Diamonds would get champions like Akali and Udyr compared to the Bronze team. All you need to know to ARAM is how to use the champion well enough to actually do something in a teamfight.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 06:28:46 AM by Raikaria »

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
« Reply #656 on: April 13, 2013, 06:43:25 AM »
Glitterlance [ Q ] - Now costs 60/65/70/75/80 Mana (up from 40/50/60/70/80 Mana)
...allow me a moment to say "the fuck"

Udyr and Gragas turned into Freljord champions. Allow me a moment to say "the fuck"

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #657 on: April 13, 2013, 07:19:38 AM »

Udyr and Gragas turned into Freljord champions. Allow me a moment to say "the fuck"
Gragas actually always had the ties to Freljord - in the JoJ he cut a deal with Ashe to basically own a Freljordian glacier for his brewery.  Udyr's lore previously was almost ignorable - he's still an ionian warrior monk now too but his origins are more defined and matter a little more than "surprise demon animal kid".

Also Tryndamere's new lore apparently teases a new champion, judgeing by a Red's Reaction
There's also a theory going around that Tryndamere's just creating a spectre to hate in order to deal with having killed his own clan because after all this exists

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #658 on: April 13, 2013, 07:22:25 AM »

Gragas already was linked to Freljord. He doesn't come from there. Still doesn't. 'Gragas' quest eventually brought him to the Freljord,'

Udyr, on the other hand, re-reading, has got a minor retcon. While it never outright said he was born in Ionia:
Born in a grassy clearing under a red moon

They kept the red moon, but he certainly wasn't from Freljord, nor outright stated to be from Ionia when it comes to birth [Although it mentions the mystics are from there]

Also:
A monk on a long journey passed through his woods one day, and Udyr decided to scare him, leaping from a nearby brush. The monk casually turned and redirected Udyr to one side. Udyr, enraged, tried time and time again to best him, but the monk was unassailable. When Udyr was exhausted, the monk wordlessly beckoned him to follow, and together they walked in silence to the Hirana Monastery. The monks there took him in, and taught him to harness and control his animalistic fury... most of the time.

Now Lee Sin.

That;'s two champions dragged to Freljord for Lissandra...

@ Garlyle: What makes me doubt DemonBlade Tryndamere is the mention of 'Unearthly Magic'. Tryndamere doesn't use magic. Also, there are more red posts which say they want to explain how his undying rage works, apparently there's more vital lore to come, and undying rage is linked to something within Tryndamere's bloodline.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 07:25:02 AM by Raikaria »

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #659 on: April 13, 2013, 09:31:00 AM »
The amount that skill actually effects ARAM? Very small.
actually it's REALLYT REALLY HIGH. i can't tell you how any peopel i've dunked ebcause they wer ebad in aram. it's more than just skillshots. it's also a lot of knowing whta the enemy wants to do and working aroudn that to turn it against them. you have to not only just avoid skillshots, but know all the champions of your team and the nemey team, and be abel to analyze the opalyers of both and be able to figure out what the players want to do and owrk around it. i've carried a lto fo 4v5 arams because of stuff like that. there's a lot more to "being good" than just pure mechanical skill

you don't need to CS either...

you really do actually. the team that cses more (deliberately) will always beat the team that doesn't. especially the good teams that distribute their cs properly.

and since the champion selection is random, it's an equal chance the Diamonds would get champions like Akali and Udyr compared to the Bronze team. All you need to know to ARAM is how to use the champion well enough to actually do something in a teamfight.

i've trashed arams with akali. she's one of my favorite champions to get. another reason why the winrate ststaitsic is shit--it doesn't accoutn for consistent high tier play, just overall imbalacned stats.

re: lulu, she's incredibly powerful in 5s regardless of her tournament play and can easily win organized lanes in any sort of agame

i had other stuff to say but if fofrgot yay alcohcol