Author Topic: League of Legends Thread 10 - Threads...threads are truly outrageous.  (Read 225670 times)

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
Re: League of Legends Thread 10 - Threads...threads are truly outrageous.
« Reply #600 on: April 08, 2013, 03:57:07 AM »
I hate it when game last longer than we should. It's 23/11, end the damn game. No one cares about your 400 farm if it takes you 50 minutes to do it.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #601 on: April 09, 2013, 02:17:32 AM »
when support nidalee works out its a beautiful thing

it doesn't quite compare to fed sona tho

jarvan and ahri ganked bot

4v2

we killed them all

TWICE

:derp:
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 06:03:54 AM by Suikama »

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #602 on: April 09, 2013, 02:40:40 PM »
Two very nice ranked games... and then on the third game our top only connects once everyone is already level 5, feeds the enemy top yi, and yi gets a pentakill at the 20th minute, after which we unanimously surrender.  :]
We also lost botlane because our ez had delusions of superiority and E-dived a 1/3rd hp caitlyn... who was protected by her allied blitz... and then their jungledyr cam running in from their lane as well. Funny how these things go.

Still, ranked is fun as long as poeple don't rage (too much). And out of 9 played placement matches I've won 5 so far, so I guess I'll... end up somewhere bronze 3 bronze 2? Idk.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 02:43:32 PM by Iryan »
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #603 on: April 09, 2013, 03:20:02 PM »
Aaaand I'm on my 3rd streak in a row.

22 LP in 3 games when you discount 3 from a dodge. That's more than 6 per game [In fact 7 1/3rd]! PROGRESS!

Also apparently you're full tank on Mordekaiser when your items are:

Lucidity Boots
Revolver
Abyssal
NLR+Blasting Wand

Although the tears of the Diana moaning about how I would 'sit under tower and spellvamp and build full tank' were funny. Of course I'm defensive, ZAC's already tried [and failed] to kill me with Ult-ganks twice, and Ezreal's tried to snipe me after both times! What do you expect me to do, build no durability at all on Morde?

Not that she was bad, she would back off if I walked forward and her shield was down, so as not to take E poke. Unfortunately she never tried to bait out my W and then re-engage when it wore off, but hey, I know Mordekaiser, she might not.

Both times the gank didn't work, by the way. The first of those without blowing summoners.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 03:23:46 PM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #604 on: April 09, 2013, 04:53:31 PM »
Well, 7 of my placement matches are done, 2 wins, 5 losses.

I'm calling Bronze IV.  :derp:

« Reply #605 on: April 09, 2013, 05:02:38 PM »
troll tends to be around slivers for some reason
specially at promotion
either they go afk or screw up the team by trying to get their lane
rly piss me off :getdown: :getdown: :getdown:

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #606 on: April 09, 2013, 10:12:11 PM »
Patch notes

of special note is muramana procs now dealing physical damage

change...is good

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #607 on: April 09, 2013, 10:15:29 PM »
Patch notes

of special note is muramana procs now dealing physical damage

change...is good

I concurr, Muramana is now good on who it's supposed to be good on, and not a trap item on Ryze.

And yes, Muramana Ryze is a trap. Yes, he gets *slightly* better single-target damage, assumeing full mana. However, by the time he has Muramana, teamfights are starting. In a teamfight you get a LOT more damage out of pressing R and making all your spells have an AoE, and thus, incompatable with Muramana.

And you're not stuck with a useless Manamuna and AD.

Also Riot how many patches in a row are you going to nerf Kayle? We had Nashor Nerfs, then Kayle nerfs, then more Nashor nerfs, and now more Kayle nerfs. At least the Lizard Elder and/or Hecarim didn't get nerfed again [5 less AD for a better build path and 300 less gold? That's a buff to me!]
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 10:17:25 PM by Raikaria »

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #608 on: April 09, 2013, 10:23:26 PM »
Nooo those Kayle nerfs!
I can no longer get away with randomly showing up late and tanksform allies to victory one huge wall away ;_;

Funny how Kayle is one of those champs almost nobody uses and even less complain she's OP but still gets tons of nerfs :V I swear, if her old passive (which converts AP to AD and vice versa) is still around...
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki, if both of us ended up as mafia
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- I would be so angry
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- that I will snap and give into my rage

« Reply #609 on: April 10, 2013, 02:15:50 AM »
>checks eyem's lolking

>challenger tier

too good :V

« Reply #610 on: April 10, 2013, 02:16:29 AM »
lol u have no idea how op kayle she is at the rank field
people used her like a boss

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
« Reply #611 on: April 10, 2013, 04:55:39 PM »
Aaaand bronze 1 get. And my first win didn't tell me how much LP I got... but I am sitting at 29 points now so idk... and the win after that gave me 30.

So, shouldn't take -too- long to get into silver.  :3

Also, it feels very good to positively influence the outcome of a match not by playing well, but by standing up for your teammates who get yelled at and trying to keep the team spirit alive. Really, ranked doesn't seem nearly as bad so far as I would have expected.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 06:17:17 PM by Iryan »

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Smashy

• :V tank
  • ᕦ(? Д?)ᕤ
« Reply #612 on: April 10, 2013, 07:04:54 PM »
You may be 30 now, but soon you will have to deal with the clamping that happens when you get near Silver.

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #613 on: April 10, 2013, 08:05:51 PM »
You may be 30 now, but soon you will have to deal with the clamping that happens when you get near Silver.

his placement mmr might have put him potentially above silver and might not clamp on his gains that much

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
« Reply #614 on: April 10, 2013, 08:41:54 PM »
I'd really like to know how exactly the mmr interacts with your leagues and league points. I mean, I know the better my winrate (and the better the opponents I win against), the higher my mmr goes, putting me against better players as well, and I know that higher mmr means more league points gained per win, somehow, but that's still not very precise...

theshirn

« Reply #615 on: April 10, 2013, 08:45:24 PM »
As I understand it, there are certain cutoff points for your MMR before the system feels confident about promoting you, especially through divisions (as you can't be demoted).  In this case the system will clamp LP gains until your MMR reaches said point.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Smashy

• :V tank
  • ᕦ(? Д?)ᕤ
« Reply #616 on: April 10, 2013, 10:32:28 PM »
I think the good news is that if you win a bunch of games while clamped, once you do lose you should have a much easier time getting to your Bo5.  And then once you're in the Bo5 your gains are large enough that you get back to promotion series easily enough.

Also, 89 game Ranked winstreak, 8 different champs, already over halfway to Silver III after that rollercoaster of Bronze I promo series.

EDIT: Followed by two straight fail ADC games and a Cho'Gath win <_<  I don't think Cho was part of the streak so yeah.

But the real reason for the edit: mass health pot is officially dead, Wither's AS reduction is getting cut in half, Quinn's getting the most useless buffs ever (a slight lowering of her rank 2 and 3 ult CDs and a 0.5 AP RATIO ON BIRDTOSS SO OP)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 02:59:38 AM by Smashy »

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #617 on: April 11, 2013, 03:30:49 AM »
I think the good news is that if you win a bunch of games while clamped, once you do lose you should have a much easier time getting to your Bo5.  And then once you're in the Bo5 your gains are large enough that you get back to promotion series easily enough.

Also, 89 game Ranked winstreak, 8 different champs, already over halfway to Silver III after that rollercoaster of Bronze I promo series.

EDIT: Followed by two straight fail ADC games and a Cho'Gath win <_<  I don't think Cho was part of the streak so yeah.

But the real reason for the edit: mass health pot is officially dead, Wither's AS reduction is getting cut in half, Quinn's getting the most useless buffs ever (a slight lowering of her rank 2 and 3 ult CDs and a 0.5 AP RATIO ON BIRDTOSS SO OP)

I don't know what to start on Rumble now. How do I make up for being bad with him :(

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #618 on: April 11, 2013, 03:50:25 AM »
Try one of the components of your first core item then pots, maybe? That's what I do when unsure.
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki, if both of us ended up as mafia
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- I would be so angry
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- that I will snap and give into my rage

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #619 on: April 11, 2013, 07:56:37 AM »
Boots 3 for more Flamespitter chase.

Amp 1 for Hextach rush or Haunting Rush

Doran's Sheild

Cloth 5

BluePot + Items

I never went 9 pot start with Rumble. Glad it's dead, 9 pot 2 ward was dumb. Especially as a jungle main. I don't like all my entrances warded from go, slaughtering any power I have early. I don't want every lane to effectively be the immovable object that is Morgana... with escapes half the time.

And yes, those are the most worthless buffs to Quinn ever. One is outright worthless except to trolls, and the other is outright worthless seeing as it's a high-rank only buff, and Quinn has no R in a teamfight unless she wants to suicide. Riot Sthap.

Only thing that can save Quinn is:
- Blatantly OP numbers on Q/W/E to balance out what is one of the worst ults in the game
- Rework, be it just to how the ult works [Resets? Immunity to slows? Who knows?], or outright to Quinn.

Her concept is flawed. Outright. She was already almost the new Karma in winrate without the Karma buffs, wouldn't be shocked if Quinn is the new Karma.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 08:00:46 AM by Raikaria »

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #620 on: April 11, 2013, 04:20:54 PM »
So I've been a bad member of the ~community~ and not on the forums much in like a month, and I'd like to redeem that and get back into the swing of things with a
SKIN GIVEAWAY(since I couldn't do it during the holidays when everyone else was)

I'll be giving away one 975RP and one 520RP* skin, how can you throw your hat in the ring for them?
Draw a picture of the skin you want to win!

Not an art contest (oh dear god no, I can't draw worth beans myself) but I want to see some effort and stand a chance at figuring out what it is from the pic or at least the character.  I attached a pic of what I would enter: this is more than acceptable art skillz for my purposes :V
[attach=1]
You can enter for both skin tiers, though you can only win one, and I'll pull names out of a hat from anyone who enters.

I'll be doing the drawing (pun intended) in one week, let's say deadline of April 18th 7pm EST.  I think I've got a lot of you on my friends list already, add taterbox (NA server) if not and if you win I'll send over the skin as soon as it's cleared.  If you're on another server, I can paypal the equivalent $$$ amount for said skin since I don't think you can do cross-server gifts, we'll figure something out.

*EDIT: because I'm great at timing and there's all sorts of pricing shenanigans going down (here's a full chart I found)
- I'll count 975 and 975 -> 750 in the same category
- Can use future 975 -> 520 skins to enter in the latter

Of course the pricing changes are happening in two weeks so add taterbox NOW NOW NOW please, especially if you're eyeing one of the 950 -> 1350 skins.  I'm not going to say WTF NO if the price goes up from when I'm eligible to send it to you, but I'd like to save the RP if I can :ohdear:

theshirn

« Reply #621 on: April 11, 2013, 04:37:51 PM »
well I cannot draw for beans either but I may scribble something :V

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #622 on: April 11, 2013, 04:45:53 PM »
I still haven't played with like anyone from motk besides the dots/teamspeak group. I may use this as an excuse to draw something though

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #623 on: April 11, 2013, 05:07:04 PM »
Well this also is a chance for me to say feel free to invite me to (non srsbiz) games!  I duo queue on classic mode with MJP nowadays like 80% of the time since I like the voice chat and a guarantee there will be at least one non idiot/flamer/jerkbutt on my team.  I just hit level 28 so almost ready for the big girl leagues!  (I'm still pretty terrible though, but now I sometimes run into players worse than me!)

In other news, I've started to jungle more because we tend to duo-queue with other duo-queues who take bot first (also MJP has discovered Cottontail Teemo we're all doomed) and I'm still not really sure what I'm doing.  I've gotten yelled at for being nearby too much and not ganking enough  :derp:  I've been really only playing Sejuani since she's never otherwise taken or banned, and I think here in scrub tier not a lot of people know what she does.  At least I know where all the monster camps are and which one is which?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #624 on: April 11, 2013, 06:20:22 PM »
> Sees enemy TF running away from failed gank

> Teleports to creep in the way, and he flashes away

> Flash Rupture

Aw yeah, that feel. Both teams went THAT CHO.

IN OTHER NEWS

http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/news/skin-rp-price-changes

70+ skins reduced in price, I own 0.
I do own Tyrant Swain

My brother owns three skins going up in price :V

Only one I disagree with is Frostblade, I dislike Wildfire and think it is worse than base but I can see why it's worth 1350.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 07:44:38 PM by Raikaria »

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #625 on: April 11, 2013, 08:21:29 PM »
idk why tyrant swain, frostblade irelia, or blackthorn morgana are being upgraded

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #626 on: April 11, 2013, 08:24:51 PM »
idk why tyrant swain, frostblade irelia, or blackthorn morgana are being upgraded

Tyrant Swain's model is completely new, his walk animation and skill animations are different, and he has TWO new models. He's the most deserving of all of those champions, even Austonautilus.

BlackThorn Morg has new animations on all her skills, which are pretty detailed, and that rose-petal trail after her. I think there might be a couple of other minor things too. She's no less worthy than the Warring Kingdoms duo.

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #627 on: April 11, 2013, 09:21:49 PM »
Tyrant Swain's model is completely new, his walk animation and skill animations are different, and he has TWO new models. He's the most deserving of all of those champions, even Austonautilus.

BlackThorn Morg has new animations on all her skills, which are pretty detailed, and that rose-petal trail after her. I think there might be a couple of other minor things too. She's no less worthy than the Warring Kingdoms duo.

and yet mecha kha'zix isn't being upgraded???

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #628 on: April 11, 2013, 09:22:55 PM »
and yet mecha kha'zix isn't being upgraded???

The overall model is the same in size and shape, with a few minor changes, unlike Steel Legion Garen, the animations are the same, unlike Tyrant Swain, although they have different particle effects [Which most 975's have now], his voiceover is like Jayce/Draven, and he only has a slightly different joke. He's doesn't fit the legendary criteria.

And he's already 1350 anyway.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #629 on: April 11, 2013, 10:34:30 PM »
And he's already 1350 anyway.
This basically; heck he was the first 1350 skin because of the fact that evolving models are a lot of work.

People are of course freaking out because WEH PRICES RAISED WTF RIOT but at the same time I'm pretty much okay with this and it's nice that they're basically deciding that they'll be releasing a percent of skins at a lower price point as well.

Also nobody's freaking out over the "2-4% Ultimate tier skins" and that confuses me because that's basically a hard confirmation there's another Pulsefire Ezreal on the way to freak out over