Author Topic: League of Legends Thread 10 - Threads...threads are truly outrageous.  (Read 225684 times)

Smashy

• :V tank
  • ᕦ(? Д?)ᕤ
Re: League of Legends Thread 10 - Threads...threads are truly outrageous.
« Reply #570 on: April 05, 2013, 02:32:29 PM »
You forgot that in solo queue, it is always somebody else's fault.

Usually the jungler's.

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #571 on: April 05, 2013, 04:35:10 PM »

Usually the jungler's.
I believe this should describe this sort of thing quite well. And boy, do I ever know THAT feel, though I think it's more about me not being that great jungler. Then again, when everyone on MY team starts over-extending like crazy, I don't exactly get a lot of gank opportunities, and then when they start getting crushed due to their overly aggressive playstyle, they tend to blame me for not ganking their over-extended lanes. Because it simply cannot be their fault.

"The customer is always right" mentality... My FAVOURITE.

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #572 on: April 05, 2013, 06:00:50 PM »
I bought my doggie.  :D

[attach=1]

We won bot, but everyone else fed their top, mid and jungle. By midgame I was dealing enough damage to get a triple in a teamfight and went into hard carry mode. Pretty sure we would have won if akali hadn't ragequitted.  :V
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #573 on: April 05, 2013, 11:12:26 PM »
The most annoying thing about that game, Iryan?

Rengar never hit level 16.  I wanted The Hunt!

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #574 on: April 06, 2013, 06:01:24 AM »
two ranked matches, first I'm caitlyn with taric on bot against blitz/mf, tl;dr we get stomped on bot and fizz end up feeding orianna mid so we lose.

Second I'm hec jungle, they have no ADC, they manage to win because [blank]

I DON'T KNOW HOW THEY WON CONSIDERING THEY DIDN'T DO DRAGON, BARON, STOLE ONLY ONE OF MY BUFFS AND WE STOMPED EARLY GAME.

This game.

This equals three straight losses on my placement matches, at this rate I'll be bronze V >_>''

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #575 on: April 06, 2013, 09:18:50 AM »
The most annoying thing about that game, Iryan?

Rengar never hit level 16.  I wanted The Hunt!

Rengar dosen't have to hit Lv 16. Only Kah'Zix.

This equals three straight losses on my placement matches, at this rate I'll be bronze V >_>''

Better than being Gold V but getting 6 LP per win at 0 LP.

Frustrating thing is even after going on multiple streaks in a row, I'm still getting 6 LP. That said my W/L is still negative after that unfortunate period of chain losses. I can go up to 24 LP and go down to 0 with one loss.

I'm sure it looks weird for people to see someone on 18 LP and a streak.

Usually the jungler's.

As a jungler/support main, I have grown accustomed to being blamed, but also because I watch all the lanes, knowing where the blame truly lies, and convincing the people who are not whining at me of such.

Also frequently when the enemy team allchat-cries I correct them.

Oh, and it's nice to be able to play my year-long main in ranked without being accused of trolling. Which happens to be a carry-jungler. [Usually I play tank/support junglers, so I can't carry games as well as I could if I was playing Hecarim]

Can't wait for next patch where I get to stomp with Sejuani instead without accusations of trolling. Even if Hecarim is my main, I want to do more than instalock Hecarim every time he's unbanned and count on the enemy team banning Malphite over Hecarim for some inexplicable reason every time I'm firstpick.

Seriously. Stop banning Malphite. He's been average at best since the general armor nerfs and the S3 jungle changes. He's not a justified ban, and his winrates are constantly significantly below 50% these days. He seems to be a permaban on EUW despite not even being a Top 15 ban according to LOLKing on EUW.

Just like until people realized 'Oh wait Hecarim is godly' I was sick of playing Maokai every game.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 09:32:43 AM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #576 on: April 06, 2013, 10:04:30 AM »
I can no longer hardcarry, whether I'm playing OPLateGameFedVayne or RidiculouslyFedAPBruiserDiana.

I'm being matched with retards recently on normal games. My ultimate mechanic knowledge as far as ADC goes doesn't seem to go a long way when my team fails to protect me, I can barely stay alive by orb-walking through my tumbles, kiting from CC, flashing at the right times and condemning people to walls.

That said, with a half-competent team I can just R and pentakill, but anyone can do that with Lategame vayne :/

As far as Diana goes, the only mistake I made in the entire game was to jump on a seemingly alone caitlyn and suddenly find another four. That's what I get for greedyness. I mean, the only MAJOR mistake anyway, several small ones.

Honestly, my bf keeps telling me "you won't improve if you just blame others" but it seems like I can do nothing BUT blame others at this point lol.

Smashy

• ᕦ(? Д?)ᕤ
« Reply #577 on: April 06, 2013, 05:00:19 PM »
Seriously. Stop banning Malphite. He's been average at best since the general armor nerfs and the S3 jungle changes. He's not a justified ban, and his winrates are constantly significantly below 50% these days. He seems to be a permaban on EUW despite not even being a Top 15 ban according to LOLKing on EUW.

tbh I'd rather not ban the big 4 past Amumu and Blitz but I fear the QQ would be too strong otherwise.

(Right now my bans would likely be Akali/Vi/Hecarim, swapping one for Amumu should I be purple or someone wants one of those 3)

Smashy

• ᕦ(? Д?)ᕤ
« Reply #578 on: April 06, 2013, 05:26:24 PM »
SK really likes that top-side mid brush, don't they?

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #579 on: April 06, 2013, 05:39:24 PM »
tbh I'd rather not ban the big 4 past Amumu and Blitz but I fear the QQ would be too strong otherwise.

(Right now my bans would likely be Akali/Vi/Hecarim, swapping one for Amumu should I be purple or someone wants one of those 3)

I just ban stuff so I make words.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Smashy

• ᕦ(? Д?)ᕤ
« Reply #580 on: April 06, 2013, 05:56:25 PM »
I just ban stuff so I make words.

(Also I just reminded myself via surrender@20 that Muramana's damage toggle is becoming physical now.  Might be time to start banning Kha'Zix again)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #581 on: April 06, 2013, 07:19:03 PM »
Froggen what are you doing? Froggen Stahp!

My reaction to Froggen standing in Rumble Ult for the full duration. Krepo did it later... both of them could have easily walked out and still been useful and not out of position.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

theshirn

« Reply #582 on: April 07, 2013, 12:25:52 AM »
Rengar dosen't have to hit Lv 16. Only Kah'Zix.
Upon checking it, you're correct; Rengar needs 10 stacks on the Bonetooth Necklace, not level 16.

Rengar was not getting any stacks that game. :V

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #583 on: April 07, 2013, 12:34:59 AM »
I thought the amount of stacks was irrelevant?

theshirn

« Reply #584 on: April 07, 2013, 12:38:00 AM »
According to the wiki, Kha'zix must evolve three times and Rengar must have 10 stacks on the Bonetooth Necklace.

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/The_Hunt_is_On!

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #585 on: April 07, 2013, 04:39:05 AM »

Holy shit Karthus on Proving Grounds is so fucking hilarious. Totally worth buying him just for it (even though I didn't intend to)

Would have won if Malp had actually saved his ult for teamfights, Tryn knew how to use his ult or Graves wasn't crap. He seriously started with Runaan's. wth
This game is pretty much an example of how Karthus can be extremely shitty and suicidal and still carries the team like hell. Every respawn was me half-screaming, half-laughing as I sit with passive in the middle of teamfight trying to Q down Lux and Ashe (the laughter prevents any short of aiming beyond RAPIDLY CLICK THE PERSON AND MASH Q), laugh again and allcaps all chat about how Ashe/Lux keeps managing to survive by a hair (a hair as in one of those reeeaaally crappy Karthus AA). Veigar always die somewhere in the process. Like seriously one time I was furiously mashing Q at their turret after failed Ashe kill and Veigar just randomly died on it.
Funny how at the beginning of the game everyone was joking about Veigar would completely counter me with his dreaded R (and I was pretty much the only one on the team it would have been useful on), then he just proceeds to ult Nasus and Graves and randomly dying.

What tankiness?

"I KILLED VEIGAR EVERYTIEM"
"were shitting on you"
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki, if both of us ended up as mafia
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- I would be so angry
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- that I will snap and give into my rage

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #586 on: April 07, 2013, 05:19:59 AM »
And then I ran into a game with 3 support carries and a Soraka quadra and a Sona quadra and they're only not penta cuz ace
aram on weekends is beast c:
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #587 on: April 07, 2013, 11:59:46 AM »
*Plays and wins ranked game*

*Leauges Data Updateing or w/e it says*

OK, looks like I'll have to check my LP manually...

8 LP

For most people, they wouldn't care, but for me, this is a big deal, as it's a sign I'm making progress back to recovering my MMR after *that* period.  I was on 6 LP per win last streak. My objective isn't to reach Gold 4 right now, it's simply to restore my MMR.

I do wonder what happened to 7 LP. And why I got 6 LP last ranked win, lose a game, and then get 8 this win. I've been consistently getting 6 LP every game for about 7 wins before this.

Oddly enough last game had players ranging from Silver V to Silver I. [Well and Gold V counting me]. Looks like my last game was like a soup of divisions.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 12:03:44 PM by Raikaria »

Smashy

• ᕦ(? Д?)ᕤ
« Reply #588 on: April 07, 2013, 02:54:05 PM »
Toplane Lulu, Jungle Nunu, Mid Nidalee, Bot Kog/Janna

<sarcasm>guys I'm trying to figure out the comp but it's tricky</sarcasm>

Also gotta be careful of those OP Lichbane Froggen-powered Anivias

(Dragonborns vs EG)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 03:17:28 PM by Smashy »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #589 on: April 07, 2013, 03:19:51 PM »
Toplane Lulu, Jungle Nunu, Mid Nidalee, Bot Kog/Janna

<sarcasm>guys I'm trying to figure out the comp but it's tricky</sarcasm>

Also gotta be careful of those OP Lichbane Froggen-powered Anivias

(Dragonborns vs EG)

Dragonborns you so silleh. Do you WANT 8th place?

« Reply #590 on: April 07, 2013, 03:41:55 PM »
*Plays and wins ranked game*

*Leauges Data Updateing or w/e it says*

OK, looks like I'll have to check my LP manually...

8 LP

For most people, they wouldn't care, but for me, this is a big deal, as it's a sign I'm making progress back to recovering my MMR after *that* period.  I was on 6 LP per win last streak. My objective isn't to reach Gold 4 right now, it's simply to restore my MMR.

I do wonder what happened to 7 LP. And why I got 6 LP last ranked win, lose a game, and then get 8 this win. I've been consistently getting 6 LP every game for about 7 wins before this.

Oddly enough last game had players ranging from Silver V to Silver I. [Well and Gold V counting me]. Looks like my last game was like a soup of divisions.
Starting to think the divisions are too different in "widths"
Bronze will have the same Elo range as silver, gold and plat combined. However it decides how much LP you get is messed up by this.
That's why progression is so bad.

I go from 25 Lp a game to 6 on promotion out of Bronze V (which is easy).

Still think the only way to unbreak it now is do away with placement matches and start everyone with 1000 Elo in Bronze V and then it will fix itself, but will take ages for the first players to move up the ladder.

Smashy

• ᕦ(? Д?)ᕤ
« Reply #591 on: April 07, 2013, 03:49:52 PM »
Right now I'm in Bronze I trying to promote and my games are mostly with Silver players, usually Aluminum V* to Silver III.  And usually when I'm not in promotions a win gives me so much LP I'm back into promotions at two wins or so.

Let's ignore that right now I'm on this thing where I find the winstreaks out of promos and the loss streaks in promos <_<

*Silver V, but I've heard horror stories of how bad it is so yeah that's my "Wood League" name for it.  Haven't thought of names for Gold/Plat/Diamond V yet because I doubt I'll be up there for a long time

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #592 on: April 07, 2013, 04:11:52 PM »
Starting to think the divisions are too different in "widths"
Bronze will have the same Elo range as silver, gold and plat combined. However it decides how much LP you get is messed up by this.
That's why progression is so bad.

I go from 25 Lp a game to 6 on promotion out of Bronze V (which is easy).

Still think the only way to unbreak it now is do away with placement matches and start everyone with 1000 Elo in Bronze V and then it will fix itself, but will take ages for the first players to move up the ladder.

No, it's nothing to do with divisions, it's to do with MMR. The Silver 4's would have been ones who just hadn't managed to get promoted, but won a lot so had higher than normal MMR. Meanwhile mine is lower than normal, due to a really rough period.

So I get really low LP, because my MMR is below Gold V levels. It's like when you're in XYZ 1 and trying to go up, but your MMR is too low. Except I get it at 0 LP because my MMR is in the 'Silver' ranges.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #593 on: April 07, 2013, 04:21:15 PM »
Right now I'm in Bronze I trying to promote and my games are mostly with Silver players, usually Aluminum V* to Silver III.  And usually when I'm not in promotions a win gives me so much LP I'm back into promotions at two wins or so.

Let's ignore that right now I'm on this thing where I find the winstreaks out of promos and the loss streaks in promos <_<

*Silver V, but I've heard horror stories of how bad it is so yeah that's my "Wood League" name for it.  Haven't thought of names for Gold/Plat/Diamond V yet because I doubt I'll be up there for a long time

Well, this is the first time I've heard time I've heard of people having that. Usually it's the opposite. If I were to guess, you're actually in silver, since the s3 system is just something pasted on the s2 one.

That said, why do people say that qss completely shuts down Malzahar? Can't he just have someone else hold the guy in place?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 07:51:59 PM by hyorinryu »

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #594 on: April 07, 2013, 04:37:57 PM »
Well, this is the first time I've heard time I've heard of people having that. Usually it's the opposite. If I were to guess, you're actually in silver, since the s3 system is just something posted on the s2 one.

That said, why do people say that qss completely shuts down Malzahar? Can't he just have someone else hold the guy in place?

Because you hardly need to move at all to break the tether, it's rooted on your location, I think. Besides, how many people are going to snare or stun the target of a Malzahar ult? They just expect them to die.

So yeah, it kind of does shut down Malazahar.

« Reply #595 on: April 07, 2013, 06:29:23 PM »
I swear everyone plays this game on dial up or something.

5 loses for today. I was bored the entire time mostly.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 06:31:13 PM by Dlanor A. Knox »

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #596 on: April 07, 2013, 07:52:40 PM »
I swear everyone plays this game on dial up or something.

5 loses for today. I was bored the entire time mostly.

Nah, I think riot just took a dump on their servers. I had a ARAM where 7 people were disconnected at the start.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Smashy

• ᕦ(? Д?)ᕤ
« Reply #597 on: April 07, 2013, 11:10:23 PM »
I made it to silver aluminum.  Before 100 wins.  Yay enemy instalocking Vayne that attempts to fight my MF level 1, not even Flash and Barrier could save her from giving up first blood.

Now to see how long it takes before I get anywhere near Gold  :V

And while I'm thinking about it...

Dear purple-side allied botlanes,

When I walljump into the river brush, that blows the 13 second cooldown on my combo. STOP IMMEDIATELY ENGAGING RIGHT AFTER I JUMP THE WALL FORCING ME TO GANK WITHOUT THAT COMBO.

Sincerely,

Smashnuke, Jarvan IV jungler
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 11:26:12 PM by Smashy »

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #598 on: April 08, 2013, 03:05:42 AM »
So I just rolled my face on my keyboard as Leona giving my ADC a penta on a lost game which saved his life by 1 HP and gave us the win.

I almost literally rolled my face on the keyboard too, I didn't even know what I was pressing, I was just mashing buttons.

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #599 on: April 08, 2013, 03:23:41 AM »
I thought going to PBE to try different champs and roles against people was a good idea

Then I got queued up with a cait who try attacking a Kayle with BF sword and phage until she has half HP left and a Garen who'd just stand there and duel anyone who walks into him