Author Topic: League of Legends Thread 10 - Threads...threads are truly outrageous.  (Read 225610 times)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Re: League of Legends Thread 10 - Threads...threads are truly outrageous.
« Reply #540 on: April 03, 2013, 11:38:19 AM »
Karma's honestly more unique and standout than she was before. Before she was just 'Enlightened Ionian Elder who took lessons from Janna'. Now she's a Ionian Elder who manifests her very willpower as a weapon, and seeks out a 'third option' between war and pacifism, scarred by the events of Noxus v Ionia.

Oh, and she's now unquestionably black/asian. Which makes her unique.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 11:41:13 AM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

« Reply #541 on: April 03, 2013, 12:12:44 PM »
Trundle wasn't really ever unique neither. He just had a good back story which made him stand out. But hes always kind of been the text book example of a world of warcraft troll.

He lacked the Jamaican accent but still had the same type of trolly voice and look. Also a funny note both vol'jin and the junkyard trundle skin have a bright orange mohawk.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #542 on: April 03, 2013, 04:31:35 PM »
So I played two more ranked games. Somehow I got both times paired up with the same idiot. Both games I am support, both games he says he wants to be adc yet picks teemo and builds regular AP build. He just autoattacks every creep to death, pushing lane and missing a lot of last hits. He runs away when I engage and then calls me a feeder when the enemy escapes with less than 100 health.

This is the first time league has made me legitimately angry.  :matsuriscowl:
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

« Reply #543 on: April 03, 2013, 05:00:09 PM »
FUCK I CAN'T GET OUT OF SILVER

it's like whenever some teammate becomes pessimistic everything falls from there.

Ori: "Shen you stupid fuck stop dying"
*shen dies to fed morde*
Ori: gg

then botlane decides to full retard by 2v4ing when they could have lived; ori didn't do jackshit or got greedy for kills, top was still dying then i try to stay optimistic but everyone's fighting and shit and they don't play a good game.

now i'm back to 66 points again. ;-;

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #544 on: April 03, 2013, 06:03:18 PM »
You guy ever thought of duoing with a buddy, say maybe from here?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 06:10:38 PM by hyorinryu »

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #545 on: April 03, 2013, 06:05:36 PM »
People need to understand dying is like Pringles.

Once you die once, it's not exactly that easy to stop. Especially if the enemy champion is one who can make you go *pop*.

Example: Yeah, telling mid to stop dying to that 6/1 Kassadin who can just riftwalk under the tower and burst them 100-0, then riftwalk back out is really gonna help, isn't it?

That said, when it comes to 'report X for feeding' I have my '3 minute rule'. Generally, when you consider the first ~1:30 min of the game, respawn, and time to travel back to lane, it is quite difficult to die more than once every 3 minutes without trying, unless, of course, you are the initiator and it's teamfights all the time. If you're 0/9 or 0/8 at 20 minutes, you either really, really, really suck, or didn't even care about dying in the first place, or fed on purpose.

Of course the situation is also taken into account. If it's a 4v5, it's a lot easier to die every 3 minutes! They could also be 0/8/20.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 06:12:23 PM by Raikaria »

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #546 on: April 03, 2013, 06:10:19 PM »
People need to understand dying is like Pringles.

Once you die once, it's not exactly that easy to stop. Especially if the enemy champion is one who can make you go *pop*.

Example: Yeah, telling mid to stop dying to that 6/1 Kassadin who can just riftwalk under the tower and burst them 100-0, then riftwalk back out is really gonna help, isn't it?

I never really got that tbh. I have yet to see a game where someone stopped feeding just cuz someone told them not to.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #547 on: April 03, 2013, 06:14:58 PM »
I never really got that tbh. I have yet to see a game where someone stopped feeding just cuz someone told them not to.

Generally if I tell someone to stop dying it's because I just ganked and gave them a kill to try and snowball back, and give confidence back. It's like 'Yeah, I ganked. He died. You got a kill. Now stop crying, dying, and blaming me, because if you keep dying you can't claim 'JUNGLER DOSEN'T GANK111!1'

That or they're in general being stupid, but that's more a 'stop walking on your own to facecheck when all 5 are MIA'

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #548 on: April 03, 2013, 06:25:56 PM »
Generally if I tell someone to stop dying it's because I just ganked and gave them a kill to try and snowball back, and give confidence back. It's like 'Yeah, I ganked. He died. You got a kill. Now stop crying, dying, and blaming me, because if you keep dying you can't claim 'JUNGLER DOSEN'T GANK111!1'

That or they're in general being stupid, but that's more a 'stop walking on your own to facecheck when all 5 are MIA'

Yeah, if I want to say something, I find it better to be specific about it. Like "please don't grab Amumu,he'll nuke the shit out of us," or "I'm Ashe, let me initiate."

Stuff like that.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Parallaxal

• Moon Sign "Theft of Dreams"
« Reply #549 on: April 03, 2013, 06:53:27 PM »
Lissandra leaked

For those who can't read French.

Passive - Sublimate: Every X seconds, Lissandra's next spell costs no mana. Sublimate's CD decreases each time she slows an enemy with an ability.

Q - Ice Shard: Skillshot that explodes and slows the first enemy it hits, damaging it and enemies standing right behind it as well. (think Graves R?)

W - Circle of Frost: Damages and snares all enemies around Lissandra.

E - Icy Path: Fires a slow-moving skillshot projectile that passes through and damages all enemies in its path. Can be activated a second time to teleport Lissandra to where the projectile is.

R - Polar Tomb: Targeted ability that can be cast on enemy champions or on Lissandra herself. If cast on an enemy, it stuns them and briefly shrouds them in an ice storm that slows and damages all nearby enemies. If cast on herself, Lissandra roots herself and becomes untargettable for a short duration and grants the slow+damage aura to herself instead.

And she's totally evil according to her lore. White Witch indeed.

EDIT - English reveal
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 07:02:51 PM by Parallaxal »

« Reply #550 on: April 03, 2013, 06:57:47 PM »
oh shit shes an argon

« Reply #551 on: April 03, 2013, 07:04:01 PM »
oh god i think i might have another instabuy here

digging those evil women man

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

« Reply #552 on: April 03, 2013, 07:08:50 PM »
so much cc

i smell a new support

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #553 on: April 03, 2013, 07:31:13 PM »
oh gawd
cc opness aside
are we getting a kayle self-ult on a real mage now
bait carry/support new meta calling it
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 07:33:36 PM by Raitaki »
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki, if both of us ended up as mafia
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- I would be so angry
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- that I will snap and give into my rage

« Reply #554 on: April 03, 2013, 10:22:14 PM »
Looks like I lost like 30 league points. That sucks. And I make them all back in one game.

But somehow still got the 4 win ip boost.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 10:54:17 PM by Dlanor A. Knox »

gammaraptor

• i won't depend on anyone anymore
« Reply #555 on: April 04, 2013, 05:06:37 AM »
I quit league and then they nerf akalis early game? Good thing I quit otherwise I'd be pretty mad

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #556 on: April 04, 2013, 06:57:08 AM »
so much cc

i smell a new support

Some weak slows, all AoE skills to steal farm while harassing, and her snare is a self-centered one whereas Zyra's is a huge range skillshot? Let's not even compare the massive whole lane knockup to a single-target stun and 20% aoe slow.

Lissandra will not work as a support. She's inferior to Zyra in every way at it.

I quit league and then they nerf akalis early game? Good thing I quit otherwise I'd be pretty mad

It's also a buff to lategame with the higher AP ratio. The part it really hits is when she hits Lv 6, before she has enough AP. You know, when she usually starts facerolling most of the game too dumb to counter her? It also encourages Akalis to actually buy AP. Not pen and resists.

oh gawd
cc opness aside
are we getting a kayle self-ult on a real mage now
bait carry/support new meta calling it

It's a Zhonya's Hourglass. Not a Kayle Ult. And you can't use it on allies, only yourself.

Oh, and last night, I had this theory about Aniva being allied with Lissandra.

Then I wake up and Aniva's Lore is retconned, removing my theory.

Sad Panda is Sad.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 07:18:05 AM by Raikaria »

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #557 on: April 04, 2013, 07:42:54 AM »
Anivia's new skin makes me think it's legendary tier.

According to her new Lore, she's pretty much the living embodiment of Freljord, and it mentions the Darkness of Freljord could (and would) dominate her if it isn't stopped, this new skin makes Anivia a bit on the dark side of things, making me think that's an Alternate Storyline, kinda like Aether Wings Kayle.

That plus there's too many new particles (and a new voiceover too) for it to simply be 1350RP. :V

As for Lissandra... She's weird.

I mean, her pushing potential is off the damn charts, between her E, her W and her Q. And even with just her Q, her ratios are high enough (and its cooldown low enough) that she can make a pretty good effort pushing a lane.

The EEWR combo is kind of hard to do because you just need to be so quick about it, BUT it can also deal some pretty ridiculous damage, lol.

One of her recommended items is zhonya's and I can see why: Anything besides her Q has ridiculous cooldown, so QEEWR buys her 1.5 seconds, zhonya's buys another 2.5, enough for another Q and about half of her W.

She's gonna need cdr, almost as badly as lux, it seems, but it's going to pay off.

Overall, she seems pretty interesting and a damn good AP Carry, though she isn't an initiator by herself, she's more like an extention to another champion's initiation considering her E is so slow moving :/

She's kinda like Katarina as in she needs to jump in to do her full damage, but unlike katarina, she doesn't NEED to wait for enemy cc to do so, especially considering W has no real animation and does not stop her movement.

As for how well she'd do as a support, this is theorycrafting, but she's 100% viable, not the best option, but quite CERTAINLY viable.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 08:47:36 AM by Sacchi Kuroi »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #558 on: April 04, 2013, 11:22:30 AM »
Anivia's new skin makes me think it's legendary tier.

According to her new Lore, she's pretty much the living embodiment of Freljord, and it mentions the Darkness of Freljord could (and would) dominate her if it isn't stopped, this new skin makes Anivia a bit on the dark side of things, making me think that's an Alternate Storyline, kinda like Aether Wings Kayle.

That plus there's too many new particles (and a new voiceover too) for it to simply be 1350RP. :V

It's clearly Legendary.

Ather Wing Kayle isn't alternate storyline. It's future, after the evil and Morgana were defeated, at the cost of Kayle's wings. Then she comes back to Runeterra to sort THAT out. It's more a 'Kayle from the Future of this storyline'.

But yeah, Evil Aniva is AU. Unless, of course, Lissandra wins. Then it's Future Aniva.

She's gonna need cdr, almost as badly as lux, it seems, but it's going to pay off.

Seeing as her scaling is also pretty average, CDR is probobly the best way to pump up her damage [And C.C. And Mana efficiency due to Ice Born.]

As for how well she'd do as a support, this is theorycrafting, but she's 100% viable, not the best option, but quite CERTAINLY viable.

Not really. I've said why before. She has to get close range to root [Alistar could just Q, or Zyra/Lux/Morg snare from miles away anyway, or Janna Q, or Nami Q, ect], her whole kit steals the CS and pushes the wave, her slows are small, and her ult, well... that's the length of Dazzle in terms of actual stun. I don't think sub 30% slows are exactly the poster child for support. Not to mention to get in root range she has to use her escape. [Or the enemy is dumb], meaning she probobly dies after doing so.

Honestly she's more likely to be strong top than support. Hell, even jungle with her mass AoE skills, mana-saving passive, short Q C/D and ability to bypass wards with claw. Support looks likely to be her weakest role, barring ADC. [And even then a ADC with an anti-focus ult isn't that bad. IDK her AA range

EDIT: 550. If it was, say, 575, I'd say it could be a thing, but not really with average ADC range]]

Remind me to try Jungle Lissandra when she's free.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 11:27:29 AM by Raikaria »

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #559 on: April 04, 2013, 03:12:12 PM »
I know her ult can't be casted on an ally, that's why I said self-ult. And unlike a Zhonya's she can still cast and attack and use other items and let enemy team waste CD on her and stuff (unless it's a full invin like Zhonya's, instead of still being targettable like Kayle's ult). Not to mention assuming she can still be targetted her allies can use things like Lee's shield and Shard of True Ice on her.

Oh and also intentionally running into the middle of the enemy gank party alone and self-ulting also places her in a pretty good position to root a bunch of people at once before the rest of her team goes in. And looks like her E lets her teleport away after ult wears off as well! Yep, I'm STILL calling bait support new meta :V
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #560 on: April 04, 2013, 03:14:54 PM »
I know her ult can't be casted on an ally, that's why I said self-ult. And unlike a Zhonya's she can still cast and attack and use other items and let enemy team waste CD on her and stuff (unless it's a full invin like Zhonya's, instead of still being targettable like Kayle's ult). Not to mention assuming she can still be targetted her allies can use things like Lee's shield and Shard of True Ice on her.

Oh and also intentionally running into the middle of the enemy gank party alone and self-ulting also places her in a pretty good position to root a bunch of people at once before the rest of her team goes in. And looks like her E lets her teleport away after ult wears off as well! Yep, I'm STILL calling bait support new meta :V

That depends, does the E have a travel time longer than 1.5 seconds? If not, you can't do that. Or you'll blink about 5 cm.

And it's like Zhonya's/Vlad Pool not Kayle Ult. She's outright untargetable.

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #561 on: April 04, 2013, 03:26:06 PM »
That depends, does the E have a travel time longer than 1.5 seconds? If not, you can't do that. Or you'll blink about 5 cm.

And it's like Zhonya's/Vlad Pool not Kayle Ult. She's outright untargetable.
Ah, rats. Then it won't be quite as useful as I thought it could be. Unless against like an enemy team full of skillshot/self-centered AoE users.
Also, in a teamfight, even a short dash can make the difference between "right smack dab in the middle of the enemy" and "behind angry top lane who tanks everything". And if the enemy team neglects cleanse/tenacity or your team can cc them hard, you can like delay the E to after your ult ends and you can move again, then E and run in opposite directions. That'd either divide their attention between chasing you and chasing your E or outright allowing you to create twice the amount of distance if they only chase one, and most likely distract them from your teammates coming in. Or you can Zhonya's again and wait for your team to scatter them, although I don't know if Zhonya is going to be really good on her.

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #562 on: April 04, 2013, 04:05:11 PM »
Zhonya's is considered an essential on her, combining her ult and Zhonya's, she gets a full 4 seconds of waiting for cooldowns, which, combined with cdr, could probably give her a second W in a teamfight, and quite a few more Qs, maybe even a second E (Though I doubt it, the cd on E is atrocious)

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #563 on: April 04, 2013, 06:29:01 PM »
Holy crap. Just tried her out on PBE, and her playstyle (at least one of the possible ones that I find successful) is pretty similiar to Kassadin, except everything is AoE, burst is even bigger, and the teleport has longer range, albeit longer CD. Definitely would put her on my to-buy list.

Apparently she also can't cast spells with herself ulted, but the aura damage is pretty strong ("meh, why is the damage and ratio on the ult so similiar to the minor abilities :\ WAIT A SECOND IS THAT AOE DOT") so walking into enemy then WQR is definitely viable. At lv5 her E only has like 11-12s of CD before CDR, so with CDR it should be possible to E in, burst, self-ult, zhonya, then E out. Although I might get a bad habit of using my teleport skill on the enemy like I do with Kass again...

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #564 on: April 04, 2013, 09:07:09 PM »
That 60 HP Nexus, Compexity v CLG [Watching about 10 mins behind]

Smashy

• :V tank
  • ᕦ(? Д?)ᕤ
« Reply #565 on: April 04, 2013, 11:49:54 PM »
So it's a bad idea to let a team with Karthus/Tristana/Vladmir reach lategame.

And then said team gets an ace, baron, and everything mid by 20 minutes.

gee effing gee

(Vulcun vs TSM)

Parallaxal

• Moon Sign "Theft of Dreams"
« Reply #566 on: April 05, 2013, 12:58:38 AM »
Actually, Lissandra's ult isn't a DoT (although I can see why people would make that mistake given its description). The damage is applied only once, when the ice first spreads. The ice remaining for the next several seconds just serves to produce the slowing field (think Iceborn Gauntlet).

Lissandra's ult has below-average damage for an ult, although that's to be expected given her heavy emphasis on CC and utility.

« Reply #567 on: April 05, 2013, 01:47:49 AM »
Looks like $10 can buy me 3 on-sale champs. Where's Riven sitting in terms of power these days?

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #568 on: April 05, 2013, 02:00:17 AM »
Lissandra best initiates and jukes 2013.

I might actually whip out a full 200php this time.

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #569 on: April 05, 2013, 09:12:51 AM »
Caitlyn: Stop splitpushing you're making us lose teamfights Singed.

Me: But you lost 4v4 and I got a tower while they got nothing.

*Team moans so I group anyway*

*5 minuites later*

Me: *Pings for assistance at bot inhib tower because Diana got caught out for the 2nd time*

Caitlyn: *Splitpushing top*

Caitlyn proceeds to trade 2nd and 3rd top towers for OUR ENTIRE BASE, except the Nexus.

[0/4/5] Caitlyn: *We lose because Singed never in TF*

[3/3/4] Me: *Facepalm*

After that logic failed, she then blamed out jungler. Who actually had the most gold in the game because she ganked bot and mid so much [She also got a double kill on a countergank top, but that was her only visit because I won alone anyway]. Despite this Caitlyn still fed.

Hypocrites. Don't you love them?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 09:17:38 AM by Raikaria »