Author Topic: League of Legends Thread 10 - Threads...threads are truly outrageous.  (Read 225657 times)

Re: League of Legends Thread 10 - Threads...threads are truly outrageous.
« Reply #480 on: March 29, 2013, 09:02:47 PM »
Also I had a Leone in one of my games. People were not crashing.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3278908 "If Leona happens to Zenith blade another champion that becomes invulnerable (or untargetable) due to any reason - Vlad's pool, Fizz's pole, Kog'maws passive, Karthus, Zhonyas, etc. The game crashes for all 10 players, and they are unable to reconnect as the game ends with no record."

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #481 on: March 29, 2013, 09:25:44 PM »
On a less gamebreaking note, I noticed that if you hop on your pole as fizz and the enemy nexus is destroyed while you are on it, you will resume being vulnerable after you hop back down, meaning you can die after the game has technically ended.

And yes, new bear stance is balling and new phoenix animation is sweet.
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

« Reply #482 on: March 29, 2013, 09:47:18 PM »
On a less gamebreaking note, I noticed that if you hop on your pole as fizz and the enemy nexus is destroyed while you are on it, you will resume being vulnerable after you hop back down, meaning you can die after the game has technically ended.
This is true for other invincibility moves like Zhonya's as well

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #483 on: March 29, 2013, 11:20:22 PM »
On another note, just played against a Rumble as Varus. With no durability items, I just walked out of Rumble's Ult without even taking 10% damage.

He had a full AP build.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #484 on: March 30, 2013, 05:46:46 AM »
A friend of mine also stole baron with Rumble's ult without a full AP Build.

Let's not forget that they had a fed Vayne on their team, meaning they could just destroy Baron.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #485 on: March 30, 2013, 07:54:25 AM »
A friend of mine also stole baron with Rumble's ult without a full AP Build.

Let's not forget that they had a fed Vayne on their team, meaning they could just destroy Baron.

Isn't it easier to steal Baron with old Rumble Ult that had burst damage, instead of getting lucky with small ticks of DoT which fall between Vayne's AA's?

Also, did some math on my earlier statement that Flamespitter > Equaliser at Lv 6.

Flamespitter Rank is + 70 damage, 6 sec C/D. + 97.5 damage in Danger Zone.

Because Rumble cannot keep a target in The Equaliser, and it can be left in 1 second regardless of how slowed you are, I gave the benefit that the foe doesn't have a skill that just lets them jump out instantly therefor taking only one tick of damage, and gave Rumble's Ult 1 second. That's 130 + 30% AP, on a 105 second cooldown.

So... 60 [+30% AP at Lv 6 when Rumble has almost none]/32.5 more damage... on a 99 second longer cooldown.

I think I know which one I should be taking at Lv 6, considering most facebashing contests toplane take longer than 6 seconds, and Flamespitter is also your main farming and harass tool.

To get more out of Equaliser in a toplane scenario early-game, without a gank holding them down, you'd have to assume your foe is stupid and stands in your Ultimate. Usually in these sorts of things you assume the highest skill level possible. On the other hand Flamespitter turns with Rumble, and follows the target as Rumble chases them, so running from that is futile, as you're just taking free damage.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 08:01:09 AM by Raikaria »

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #486 on: March 30, 2013, 08:11:23 AM »
Every time I read your posts I wonder why you're so focused on only the numbers instead of what it is that the skill does.
But whatever.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #487 on: March 30, 2013, 10:42:14 AM »
Every time I read your posts I wonder why you're so focused on only the numbers instead of what it is that the skill does.
But whatever.

The only difference is the Equaliser has a minor slow [Which ends when you leave the effected area, within a second, since you need not move more than 100 units, and min movespeed is 110/sec] and much greater max range, one of which you get anyway by earlier Harpoon Leveling or buying RCS.

It's not like I'm comparing a single-target and an AoE skill, or a skill with hard C.C to one without. They are both AoE DoT spells. One is an Ultimate, the other a normal skill.

Honestly the Equaliser would be fine in it's new state if they made it 3x2 rockets instead of 6x1. As it stands putting more focus on the DoT instead of the direct impact makes it worthless because it's so thin. If it was made 3x2 it would again reward landing it so that the target is in the center, a direct hit, but not with the lolburst it had before. And it would be a better 'YOU SHALL NOT PASS' line. Not to mention that layout makes more sense from a design standpoint since Rumble has 3 rockets on his back, two barrages of three rocket sets.

99% of it's use would still be erased by anyone with a gapcloser/escape skill, but still, better than the steaming heap of garbage The Equalizer is now.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 10:51:48 AM by Raikaria »

Taboo

• FLY AWAY NOW FLY AWAY NOW
  • FLY AWAAAAAAAY
« Reply #488 on: March 30, 2013, 11:02:55 AM »
Leona and Thresh hotfixes within 24 hours, shrug

Ryuu help me theorycraft jungle Nidalee.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #489 on: March 30, 2013, 11:13:48 AM »

I'm not Ryuu but I imagine Razors + Heal's AS boost would be your best bet for not outright dying in the jungle.

Ganking? Uh... throw a spear from the brush?

wailofthebanshee

• Go away for a bit.
« Reply #490 on: March 30, 2013, 12:44:21 PM »
So I've been on a half year break from this game and only came back recently.
I was hoping to come back to a pleasant community with mature players. Yeah, that's right, I'm just looking for an excuse to post these images.
http://i.imgur.com/O1kUoia.jpg
Fizz starts going crazy insulting that guy's mother and making "threats" after a single "ks" in broken english.
http://i.imgur.com/gtkRNBg.png
And this started not 10 seconds into the game.

And to top it off this is dominion, the mode with the least amount of toxicity, at least from what I've seen. Nice to see that Riot's report feature is doing it's job. I'm half tempted to just filter everyone at game start from now on.

Parallaxal

• Moon Sign "Theft of Dreams"
« Reply #491 on: March 30, 2013, 04:31:31 PM »
You act like as if taking Flamespitter over Equalizer is even a choice presented to you. Maxing Q first means you get it at levels 1, 3, 5, 7, and 9. To take something else over your ultimate means taking another rank in W or E, not R. Getting one more rank on something else is nothing compared to getting AN ENTIRELY SEPARATE SKILL, no matter how much you think it was nerfed.

Yes, Rumble's ult is worse now, but you're just delusional if you think it's worth not taking it at level 6. Sure, you can complain about it, but you're still going to get it at level 6 and use it as you always have. Because otherwise you're just playing sub-optimally out of pure spite.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #492 on: March 30, 2013, 05:35:57 PM »
So I've been on a half year break from this game and only came back recently.
I was hoping to come back to a pleasant community with mature players. Yeah, that's right, I'm just looking for an excuse to post these images.
http://i.imgur.com/O1kUoia.jpg
Fizz starts going crazy insulting that guy's mother and making "threats" after a single "ks" in broken english.
http://i.imgur.com/gtkRNBg.png
And this started not 10 seconds into the game.

And to top it off this is dominion, the mode with the least amount of toxicity, at least from what I've seen. Nice to see that Riot's report feature is doing it's job. I'm half tempted to just filter everyone at game start from now on.

That first image reminds me of Rumiko Takahashi stuff. I'm going to be honest here. As much as people complain about the toxic community, I rarely find myself having to use the report button. If you're really worried you can play in premades. We have a chat, and while we rarely use it, we can always start.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Parallaxal

« Reply #493 on: March 30, 2013, 05:57:41 PM »
Personally, I find that the best way to de-stress after people raging is to look at some more humorous examples.

Now in dubbed form.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #494 on: March 30, 2013, 06:08:43 PM »
Personally, I find that the best way to de-stress after people raging is to look at some more humorous examples.

Now in dubbed form.

I love that video. My favorite is the Nocturne quote.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #495 on: March 30, 2013, 07:31:19 PM »

step 1: pick nidalee
step 2: pick flash/smite
step 3: reconsider your life choices and pick someone else

Now in dubbed form.

WHAT'S THAT SPELL?

USELESS FUCKING CUNT

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

Parallaxal

« Reply #496 on: March 30, 2013, 08:02:48 PM »
Heh, incoming hotfix to remove the Karma W + Muramana interaction. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
« Reply #497 on: March 30, 2013, 08:35:53 PM »
So. What makes a bruiser? They are people who deal considerable damage despite being very tanky. Sometimes that means they are naturally tanky or get tanky from building damage, like Jax. Usually it means they have a) damage that scales with hp, b) % hp damage, c) resistance debuffs or d) get offensive stats for free.

Considering b, c and d... I know what I must do.

Bruiser Kog'Maw new meta.

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Taboo

• FLY AWAY NOW FLY AWAY NOW
  • FLY AWAAAAAAAY
« Reply #498 on: March 30, 2013, 09:16:46 PM »
step 1: pick nidalee
step 2: pick flash/smite
step 3: reconsider your life choices and pick someone else

no seriously

I figure you'd skill EQEQWR and build wriggles > bruiser

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #499 on: March 30, 2013, 09:29:26 PM »
So like Draft pick
Picked Kayle
30 secs later the person on next picking turn was like I want adc
So I was like ok then I'll support
Got chained by thresh 5 times
0/1/8 by 20 mins, bot Draven 4/0/2 and only not 5/0/2 cuz Sivir got lucky and spellshielded one exhaust
SUPPORT KAYLE BEST BAIT NA
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki, if both of us ended up as mafia
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- I would be so angry
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- that I will snap and give into my rage

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #500 on: March 30, 2013, 09:51:22 PM »
no seriously

I figure you'd skill EQEQWR and build wriggles > bruiser

yeah but if you're going to do that, you should just go top and then actually be an assistance to your team

jungle nidalee doesn't bring anything that top bruiser nidalee brings better

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #501 on: March 30, 2013, 11:19:43 PM »
I'm just leaving this here

They tried an early invade, gave us two kills (both to me) and their Olaf dc'd twice, giving me another two kills, after that I just snowballed top lane and was the ultimate support/AP in the game, their teamfighting was atrocious, they'd jump on us and I'd just RQ them and there goes half their HP. My three deaths were like "Ok, I'll trade my life for another 3 kills". :V

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #502 on: March 31, 2013, 02:09:07 AM »
I just

What

How'd I

Normally I accidentally snipe kills from people while supporting, especially with how easily new Karma can end up tossing out burst damage without meaning to

I just went 0/0/31 and only 17 CS. Typical Esi botgame, but still - even in a bot game, I'm normally dying at least once or twice to either stupidity, out of position, or my ping shoots up because my neighbor is microwaving something and murdering all the wifi in the apartment complex.

To not snatch any kills, but instead set up a large portion of the 19 kills Vayne got - and then helping everyone else later for those other 12 kills - and not dying or KSing.

...I'd post a screenie but I'm on Jen's iMac and don't really wanna fuss with it, I get in enough trouble for leaving a mouse with a right button plugged in

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #503 on: March 31, 2013, 05:00:14 AM »
My team has a hard time carrying from botlane. If botlane is behind, but mid is doing even or is ahead, then he can usually roam a bit to even things out. But if mids behind, we don't know what to do, and if we were winning before, we just get camped into oblivion.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
« Reply #504 on: March 31, 2013, 09:05:14 AM »
My team has a hard time carrying from botlane. If botlane is behind, but mid is doing even or is ahead, then he can usually roam a bit to even things out. But if mids behind, we don't know what to do, and if we were winning before, we just get camped into oblivion.
If you get camped, then a) your jungler can come as well to dunk theirs, b) your jungler is now free to gank mid. Once your jungler interaction has resulted in a kill, you can get a tower or a dragon.

At least that's what I'd think.

gammaraptor

• i won't depend on anyone anymore
« Reply #505 on: March 31, 2013, 09:59:15 PM »
I'm quitting league for a while. I'm willing to sell my account too if anyone's interested. I have 50 champs now, with around 15 skins. PM me if interested

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #506 on: March 31, 2013, 11:59:09 PM »

I just
What

Early game we entered bush late, they came even later, Fiddles walked in for some reason, killed him (no flash used), other two also went in and only flashed when they got below 20%, cuz of my passive they all died
Thought "this is gonna be so easy"
Then they did it again and again

Seriously my build is just like I dived to spawn and died and had like 5k lying around and nexus was dying so just right clicked random stuff
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki, if both of us ended up as mafia
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- I would be so angry
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- that I will snap and give into my rage

Parallaxal

« Reply #507 on: April 01, 2013, 08:06:46 AM »
Breaking news! Riot has just announced a brand-new game! It's time to play League of Legends: CHEW!

I just beat the game, lol. You can unlock a mini-game ("Astro Teemo") partway through. There's also two boss fights at the end, at least one of which should be obvious.

Caitlyn has got to be the most annoying enemy in CHEW. Everyone else is easy to avoid or kill, but Caitlyn's ult is nearly impossible to dodge later on in the game if you've been eating everything and growing huge. And its got significant knockback, which can knock you off of a building and down into the bloodbath of tanks and soldiers and Singed/Garen/whatever waiting below.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 08:53:35 AM by Parallaxal »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #508 on: April 01, 2013, 09:08:22 AM »
Agreeing in Caitlyn.

Also, there's a countdown above CHEW.

Also, CHEW has been teased since Emumu. Look at the posters... one is 'Cho Gath Eats World'

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #509 on: April 01, 2013, 12:27:20 PM »
Screw Caitlyn. i was so happy when Garen killed her building, only for her to pop up in another one.

How do you kill twitch without using Rupture?

Also,
Spoiler:
Hup-two-three-four

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff