Author Topic: League of Legends Thread 10 - Threads...threads are truly outrageous.  (Read 225598 times)

Raitaki

• 雷滝
Re: League of Legends Thread 10 - Threads...threads are truly outrageous.
« Reply #420 on: March 24, 2013, 11:36:41 PM »
hay shim let's compare our kass =3c

In other news, support Kayle baits everyone. EVERYONE. It's like they want to force me to ult myself or something. Even pre-6. :P
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki, if both of us ended up as mafia
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- I would be so angry
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- that I will snap and give into my rage

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #421 on: March 25, 2013, 07:45:01 PM »
So...Trundle's getting a visual update...

I dunno how much I like the new one tbh. I didn't play him because he was ugly, I didn't play him because I couldn't gank anything with him, and his clear time didn't seem fast enough to be a jerk that way. He can 1v1 people though...

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #422 on: March 25, 2013, 10:00:21 PM »
Looks like they just took him and made him buff as fuck. Not sure if this will connect well with the idea of trundle being the lovable basement troll we identify with.

I really dislike the idea of changing his lord. He possibly had the best back story in the whole game.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 10:03:56 PM by Dlanor A. Knox »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #423 on: March 25, 2013, 11:19:55 PM »
Trundle is... eh. He lost his charm, just to be stuffed into what is obviously when combined with filedigging the Lissandra Release. Like Karthus lost his whole story to be shoehorned into the Shadow Isles.

Also he lost his OP dance.

In other news:

Chaox is booted, not benched.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 11:23:56 PM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

« Reply #424 on: March 26, 2013, 01:32:39 AM »
Comes as no surprise after wildturtle got that penta kill.

Taboo

• FLY AWAY NOW FLY AWAY NOW
  • FLY AWAAAAAAAY
« Reply #425 on: March 26, 2013, 03:11:12 AM »
Comes as no surprise after wildturtle got that penta kill.

stop

he got booted because of heat with reginald and the fact that he hasn't been taking it as seriously as the rest of the team (see: why he got benched to begin with)
also he's been performing like crap all season

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #426 on: March 26, 2013, 04:37:49 AM »
stop

he got booted because of heat with reginald and the fact that he hasn't been taking it as seriously as the rest of the team (see: why he got benched to begin with)

Honestly, the hardest thing to believe is that he did all that. I mean, being in that position and screwing up like that.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 12:02:54 PM by hyorinryu »

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #427 on: March 26, 2013, 11:26:52 AM »
stop

Its a joke bro. Anyways, I still wish Regi had left the team.

As far as ingame, Choax has a bad habit of being out of position for team fights.
He either shows up to a fight after his team has already started and died, or is jumped on and taken out right as the fight starts.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 12:02:02 PM by Dlanor A. Knox »

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #428 on: March 26, 2013, 12:04:39 PM »
Its a joke bro. Anyways, I still wish Regi had left the team.

As far as ingame, Choax has a bad habit of being out of position for team fights.
He either shows up to a fight after his team has already started and died, or is jumped on and taken out right as the fight starts.

Why Regi? He's seemed solid whenever I've seen them play. I can't recall the last time I heard "Man, Chaox is really big right now, he's making the plays." That's usually Regi, Dyrus, or Oddone.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #429 on: March 26, 2013, 12:12:27 PM »
Ryuu has said this before, Regi only has one mod of play and that's full aggression. Great for catching inexperienced teams off guard, not so great for teams waiting to bait in a kill.
He often finds himself flashing into enemy teams and either getting a huge pay off or completely murdered.

I recall one game, I think at the start of S3 where regi flashed into a fight for no reason as kayle. I guess he thought he had his ult on or something and died instantly.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 12:26:44 PM by Dlanor A. Knox »

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #430 on: March 26, 2013, 04:31:09 PM »
Let me just hop in to say:

Fffffffawesome, finally Fizz freeweek!  :]
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

lumber_of_the_beast

« Reply #431 on: March 26, 2013, 05:39:15 PM »
So, I'll be reinstalling LoL at the start of next month, Selemene help me.

I quit playing around the time Jayce came out. Anything important change since then?

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #432 on: March 26, 2013, 05:48:29 PM »
I quit playing around the time Jayce came out. Anything important change since then?
New item shop, for one. That's probably the biggest thing. Recommend making a custom game just so you can toy around with the new interface and learn how to steer it.

Then there's all the new champs and the tweaks they've made to a few others.

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #433 on: March 26, 2013, 06:15:39 PM »
i had a dream last night that i got into another argument with raikaria

idk if that means i should post here more or less

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

« Reply #434 on: March 26, 2013, 10:50:39 PM »
So, I'll be reinstalling LoL at the start of next month, Selemene help me.

the wonderful new shop interface, really easy to search and recommended items lists are now fairly good.
3v3  map redesign,
item price changes and base stat changes now mean buy HP for defence unless the other team leans heavily to AD or AP, and you can get boots a bit later.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #435 on: March 27, 2013, 01:18:12 AM »
Jayce was before Season 3 happened, so probably the biggest change you'll have to get used to is that there's been massive overhauls to the item system - almost everything got changed in some way, from just gold or stats to being completely new items or building out of different things or so on and so forth.  They also completely overhauled (I mean new map and everything) the Twisted Treeline, and have released several champion reworks/visual updates.

Champs you missed in a nutshell:
Zyra: Mage/Support who's a living demonplant chick.  Puts down seeds then if her spells hit them they grow into attack plants.  Big on CC.  Ultimate is a big radius plant attack that does damage on first contact and knocks up everyone in range at the end.
Diana: AP Assassin or Bruiser-y with a moon knight design.  She's basically an "all in" character, catches you with her skillshot then dashes in with "ultimate" (which refreshes if she uses it then) and basically sticks to you and kills you.
Rengar: AD Assassin lion-predator thing.  Manaless and every fifth cast ignores cooldown and gets bonus effects, also has a personal item that stacks bonuses for each kill.  Ult involves longterm stealth, kind of a pain in the neck.  Seems to jump between OP and UP.
Syndra: AP Caster gravity dark mage.  Creates little black hole things, then plays billiards with them.  Also picks up and throws minions/monsters.  Ultimate does single target burst.  Very difficult to play effectively.
Kha'Zix: AD Assassin praying mantis alien.  Does best against targets 'isolated' from allies.  At 6/11/16 also gets to 'evolve' an ability permanently adding an extra effect.  Likes to jump around fights at squishies.
Elise: AP Mage/Bruiser-ish spiderwoman.  Harasses at range in human form, taps R to turn spider and mobs down a target with her babies helping.
Zed: AD Assassin who is basically Shredder.  Creates shadow clones that mimic his attacks.  Huge burst damage but extremely hard to play.
Nami: Support caster mermaid.  Has a spell which bounces as heal/damage/heal etc between allies and enemies, bubble trap, and auto-attack empower.  Ultimate is like a huge but slow moving version of Sona's.
Vi: AD Bruiser borderlands girl with giant fists.  Charges up dash punches, punches more things, punches MORE things, and gets bonuses on striking targets repeatedly.  Ultimate is an unblockable dash to a target ending in CC.
Thresh: Support who can play solo too.  Blitz-style hook and good position control, ult creates walls around him that slow and damage anyone.  Less stats per level than anyone else but killed enemies drop souls that give him stats if he picks them up.
Quinn and Valor: Ranged ADC female ranger and her eagle.  Short-ish range but decent fighting control, ultimate temporarily replaces her with her eagle who's a super fast melee ADC.

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #436 on: March 27, 2013, 06:10:10 AM »
All of these descriptions are not only glorious and hilarious, but are also 100% correct.

I applaud. (And laugh, because I'm laughing a lot right now)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #437 on: March 27, 2013, 06:35:04 AM »
On the topic of 'Regi should have left instead':

1: I agree, Regi is the core of most of TSM's problems due to his overly aggressive play, and need to snowball, that';s TSM's whole tactic.

2: However it ain't gonna happen. TSM is Reginald's team. He made it. He's the boss. It's like saying Ocelote should leave SK, when it's Ocelote's team.

===

EDIT:

Our Ezreal just 'XPeke'd' the enemy nexus. While I help all of the enemy team from b'ing as Nasus jungle, with help from Diana.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 11:14:04 AM by Raikaria »

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

« Reply #438 on: March 27, 2013, 11:42:10 AM »
I'm waiting for Dyrus to be replaced with Wingsofdeathx.

Not sure if he shows up to tournaments this way but on steam Dyrus always seems half awake.

lumber_of_the_beast

« Reply #439 on: March 27, 2013, 12:32:52 PM »
next question, hopefully last: is there an up-to-date guide on what runes aren't useless?

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #440 on: March 27, 2013, 12:59:28 PM »

Not sure if he shows up to tournaments this way but on steam Dyrus always seems half awake.

A lot of streamers aren't really giving it their all on stream. When you play for hours like that, you get bored. I seem to recall wings saying that he does certain things to get more viewers.

next question, hopefully last: is there an up-to-date guide on what runes aren't useless?

If you were here for the Jayce update, it's pretty much the same, though cooldown reduction runes may have gotten popular on people like Sejuani. They also got buffed.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #441 on: March 27, 2013, 01:18:38 PM »

That's just Dyrus being Dyrus. Dyrus has a sleepy-looking face. I always look half asleep, even when I'm wide awake.

And honestly, without Dyrus TSM didn't win anything. Dyrus is not a weak link in any way.

« Reply #442 on: March 27, 2013, 02:17:01 PM »
If you were here for the Jayce update, it's pretty much the same, though cooldown reduction runes may have gotten popular on people like Sejuani. They also got buffed.
Some CDR runes just got tweaked again recently. Should be possible to hit the cap exactly when using them now.

Smashy

• :V tank
  • ᕦ(? Д?)ᕤ
« Reply #443 on: March 27, 2013, 02:38:45 PM »
So I have went from 93 to -3 (0 LP and then dodged when our fp called ADC, picked Jax, and then asked for ADCs I don't own right now) to 83.

Also no more playing at 2 AM :V  Thought the team was going to implode at champ select (especially when the enemy team ganked bot and our Vi was wondering where our global ults were.  Shen was lvl 7 but admittedly lowish, but TF was level 5) but np Vi and I (on Graves) carry.

(Also first time I've seen Wit's End on Vi, but when they have a Teemo and AP Nid I guess the MR is fun)

lumber_of_the_beast

« Reply #444 on: March 27, 2013, 02:49:19 PM »

Well, part of it is that I don't really remember what's good. :V

Also, since I forgot to say it earlier: Thanks for the info, Garlyle!

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #445 on: March 27, 2013, 04:10:43 PM »
So I just made my first hop into ranked games afterall.

Games so far:

1. Jungling as Mao. Get invaded, they take my blue but one of them dies, so ok I guess. Our fiddle in the middle is... quite bad, to put it bluntly, and feeds lux somewhat hard, which ends in our teams demise. My favorite part was me pinging mid and walking up in the side brush, then while I wait for a good time to jump on lux, fiddle just starts casting his ult and goes in. I obviously follow up, but fiddle walks into enemy tower range, gets snared and dies for aboslutely no reason. Oh well.

2. Support as Lulu. All lanes are even except top, where their olaf feeds our elise hard before ragequitting. Easy win afterwards.

3. Support as Lulu. Laning with a well-playing Tristana, she scores a doublekill at lvl 2, then another doublekill soon after. Snowballing hypercarry leads to quick victory.

4. Mid as Lux. All our lanes do well, especially bottom, we have some back-and-forth with teamfights but end up even or on top every time, slowly push down turrets, get inhib, get baron, seal game.

So far, so good. Let's see how that is gonna play out in the long run. Say, how long can you go without playing ranked before you start dropping passively?
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #446 on: March 28, 2013, 12:22:56 AM »
I told myself I wouldn't go in to ranked until:

1.I have more wins than defeats.

2. I stop being more than 30 behind the enemy laner at 10 min.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #447 on: March 28, 2013, 01:32:03 AM »
I told myself I wasn't gonna ranked until I had at least 2 champions for each role and got my Flat AD Quints. Only 3500 IP to go. :derp:

« Reply #448 on: March 28, 2013, 01:47:15 AM »
screw ranked

bots games erryday

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #449 on: March 28, 2013, 04:01:29 AM »
I vowed not to go back into ranked until the following:

1 - I find I have a minimum of four champs in each lane pick that I can use efficiently.
2 - I am playing on my father's internet connection, since it runs smoothly enough that I don't feel as if lag ruins my plays and therefore I can blame my poor playing purely on my own stupidity at that particular point in time.
3 - I get someone to go ranked with me that might be able to pull me out of bloody well Bronze III.

Those first two are easy clears, since I have several champs I can use/have used with great efficiency for each lane. (Kennen in top/mid, Hecarim in jungle/top, Lux in support/mid, Ez in ADC, and several others) I just can't seem to bring myself to ask someone to play ranked with me and help me carry any troll teams we get to victory.

I'm also scared of my own possible incompetence. :<

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.