Author Topic: League of Legends Thread 10 - Threads...threads are truly outrageous.  (Read 225697 times)

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
Re: League of Legends Thread 10 - Threads...threads are truly outrageous.
« Reply #330 on: March 17, 2013, 05:57:28 PM »
welp, I did it

I hit 0 LP in gold

I am

the worst

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #331 on: March 17, 2013, 06:37:25 PM »
So, thoughts about ZAC. He doesn't seem viable at all outside of jungle. He's like...a melee Cassiopeia. His DPS is good, but he has horrible burst, and he can't even just toss up some DoT and walk away like Cass. He's also heavily dependent on the slow on his Q and his victim not having any escape or movement cc (escape on CD is not good enough unless it's like 20 secs), since that that and his ult are just about the only reliable cc he has, and his ult has like 2 mins of CD. His stun is usable, but it requires charging up, doesn't stun very long, and is pretty jukeable. Even with his passive, in fights vs other champs unless he aims to just bounce around a teamfight just generally AoE'ing everyone nearby, his skills still do a good job dragging his health down as he won't have the luxury to just recollect his droplets in the middle of a fight. His reforming passive only seems to be good for deterring tower dives and giving him a second chance in teamfights where his team is winning, as it's really easy to kill the globs, and they're uncontrollable. He's not really a good pusher either, as he is easily kited if he tries to chase anyone out of his lane, his AP ratios don't help much with killing minions, and he's just generally a really shitty champ to build AD on.

As for being a jungler, in my opinion, he has just about perfect sustain, but I can't really see him being able to fend off invaders or win duels without the enemy jungler just simply deciding to steal his big creep and leaving or just punching him out. Being a melee AP (D:) he can't get much use out of red either, outside of for killing creeps (and he's still better off just giving his ADC red or just ward it and gank enemy jungler when they show up to take red). Using red to slow down enemy champs for ganks doesn't really work if you're underfarmed compared to them, can DPS but can't burst a lot, and your main non-ult method of damage involves sacrificing your health continuously.

So my 2 cents. Though I rarely jungle, so consider my thoughts on jungler ZAC at your own peril :P
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki, if both of us ended up as mafia
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- I would be so angry
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- that I will snap and give into my rage

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #332 on: March 17, 2013, 06:52:00 PM »
welp, I did it

I hit 0 LP in gold

I am

the worst

Ring when you get 8LP per win while at 0 LP in gold.

Stupid 12 or so game streak of 0-10 or worse botlanes/mid+top combined

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #333 on: March 17, 2013, 06:56:32 PM »
Quinn: Abuse her blind when initiating. Use vault when the enemy tries to run away or when you want to retreat while pewpewing them down. Ult only to get away or to finish. Carry ignite, not barrier. Don't use her vs varus. That is all.
Don't forget Caitlyn. Don't use Quinn against Caitlyn. EVER. Seriously, just the range advantage alone puts Quinn in a terrible position with her. Otherwise, yeah, this pretty much hits how2Quinn spot on. Also, don't forget to AA the target before using Vault if they've already got a Harrier mark on them, because otherwise you're tossing away some good damage. In lane, her poking is more like a violent launching of the poke stick at her target if done right; whether they have the Harrier mark or not, start off by blinding them and then proceed to let off one or two AA's, depending on how many you can get away with safely. With Harrier, it can easily take a nice chunk out of your lane opponent's life bar while leaving yourself relatively unharmed. Sure, if you poke too often, it'll drain away your mana stupidly quick, but it's worked beautifully for me when I get the chance to use her.

Don't have a lot to say on Irelia and Leona, though, and Gappy covered Caitlyn pretty well.

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #334 on: March 17, 2013, 07:07:54 PM »
Ring when you get 8LP per win while at 0 LP in gold.

Stupid 12 or so game streak of 0-10 or worse botlanes/mid+top combined

yes it's definitely the pub's fault every time

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #335 on: March 17, 2013, 07:11:19 PM »
yes it's definitely the pub's fault every time

I had some bad games in that streak, I admit that [I never said those scores didn't include me], but that streak included the sort of games where I'm 3-1-7 as a jungler [or similar] and all lanes still manage to lose. Multiple times. Also a few AFK's.

Besides, I know my biggest single flaw is my passive playstyle. People I beat in lane will give up and roam. I tend not to play heavy push characters, so it's not that easy for me to roam, and when I'm losing, I just grit and bear it while farming in lane. I don't make plays, I follow them up.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 07:15:33 PM by Raikaria »

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #336 on: March 17, 2013, 09:54:08 PM »
Why do people say Sivir hardcounters Caitlyn. I don't see it, yet people seem to believe in it to the point where I was called "special" for believing otherwise.
I mean yeah, she has E sheild to block peace makers and use traps for free mana, but if I see wasting your shield on my traps, my support will go in on you and you'll lose. Besides if you can consistently block stuff with E, you could probably consistanly dodge it with Graves/Ez E and counterattack with more burst, and no one says they hardcounter Caityn.

That 525 range doesn't help matters either. I would think choosing that would mean Caitlyn would have a field day with you like Quinn does. I could see it being a skill matchup, but I would still think it's in Caitlyn's favor.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #337 on: March 17, 2013, 10:16:10 PM »
low elo sivir counters low elo caitlyn

mid elo sivir may or may not counter mid elo caitlyn

high elo sivir loses to high elo caitlyn

in my experience at least. low elo people tend to but a TON of focus on spells, so sivir can absorb peacemaker and counter with boomerang blade

mid elo is a tossup because some people are more auto oriented and some people are more spell oriented.

high elo people realize that caitlyn's true strength largely comes from her long range and headshots and will abuse that on sivir to no end

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #338 on: March 17, 2013, 10:33:11 PM »
low elo sivir counters low elo caitlyn

mid elo sivir may or may not counter mid elo caitlyn

high elo sivir loses to high elo caitlyn

in my experience at least. low elo people tend to but a TON of focus on spells, so sivir can absorb peacemaker and counter with boomerang blade

mid elo is a tossup because some people are more auto oriented and some people are more spell oriented.

high elo people realize that caitlyn's true strength largely comes from her long range and headshots and will abuse that on sivir to no end

Guess I'd better work on improving my normal Elo then :(

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #339 on: March 17, 2013, 10:46:54 PM »
oh shit my elo is dropping cause I haven't played in ages :derp:

tera pls

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #340 on: March 17, 2013, 10:56:58 PM »
oh shit my elo is dropping cause I haven't played in ages :derp:

tera pls

tera has so many tiny things that bother me that just don't show it as a well designed game

like how a party leader has to queue for an instance and not just a member of a party. or how crafting equipment is virtually worthless leveling up

« Reply #341 on: March 18, 2013, 12:05:47 AM »
also masterworking rng bs that doesn't even increases with failure like enchanting

but elins 2 cute ;-;

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #342 on: March 18, 2013, 01:02:23 AM »
Sivir doesn't counter anyone botlane ATM except maybe Urgot and Ashe.

Sivir in general is in a very bad state right now. Low range, subpar burst compared to characters like MF, her spellsheild has far too long C/D, her all-in is bad, her lategame is pants, she literally drinks mana...

There is pretty much no reason to pick Sivir over Graves/MF right now, unless you're against Urgot [Spellsheild Corrosive Charge]. Especially since both MF and Graves have far better lategames, better mobility, C.C, and AoE burst potential [Not to mention Staick Shiv marginalizes Sivir's pushing, the whole reason you used to pick Sivir, since any ADC can now push rather fast]
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 01:05:03 AM by Raikaria »

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #343 on: March 18, 2013, 01:22:23 AM »
also masterworking rng bs that doesn't even increases with failure like enchanting

but elins 2 cute ;-;

elins bother me because they're cute but at the same time their giant thighs and round ass are obviously trying to pull in a creepy pedo crowd

league of legends thread 10 - tera thread 2

« Reply #344 on: March 18, 2013, 01:46:32 AM »
elins bother me because they're cute but at the same time their giant thighs and round ass are obviously trying to pull in a creepy pedo crowd
the ol' "they're like a thousand years old so its okay" card

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #345 on: March 18, 2013, 02:00:01 AM »
the ol' "they're like a thousand years old so its okay" card

i made a mystic and a sorcerer and i hate that pants are apparently forbidden to me

« Reply #346 on: March 18, 2013, 02:20:37 AM »
MMM I haven't played in while. Whats Fotm right now?

Don't think I'll have enough time to grind up for Karma.

theshirn

« Reply #347 on: March 18, 2013, 02:35:53 AM »
How do I do horribly horribly horribly and then have games like this

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #348 on: March 18, 2013, 03:44:41 AM »
How do I do horribly horribly horribly and then have games like this

Kassassin da bes
I normally don't approve of LB Kass but it worked for you so eh

Also ninja doubleflash o/
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki, if both of us ended up as mafia
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- I would be so angry
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- that I will snap and give into my rage

gammaraptor

• i won't depend on anyone anymore
« Reply #349 on: March 18, 2013, 02:15:47 PM »
I got another pentakill as akali a few days back. I didn't even snowball all that hard, my score started out as 1/3 before i went 9/4 cuz I somehow manage to get myself fed in some way or another. During that teamfight, both the enemy tanks Jarvan and Darius both had oracles and like 3 or 4k hp with a decent amount of MR. They started the teamfight near enemy red when i was at the tribrush cuz I was going to clear top, and then I just jumped and absolutely melted everyone. Usually by the time you get a triple kill you just have that feeling that you're going to penta, anyone know what I'm talking about?

Anyways that's number 4 for me, pretty funny when I look at the pentakill stats that say you're only on average going to get one every 1500 games yet I've gotten that number in 1000.

« Reply #350 on: March 18, 2013, 02:50:52 PM »
Anyways that's number 4 for me, pretty funny when I look at the pentakill stats that say you're only on average going to get one every 1500 games yet I've gotten that number in 1000.
statistically speaking 1 in 1500 odds doesn't mean you'll actually get 1 in 1500 but rather it's 1 in 1500 when averaged over all games played by everyone :V

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #351 on: March 18, 2013, 03:18:30 PM »
I got another pentakill as akali a few days back. I didn't even snowball all that hard, my score started out as 1/3 before i went 9/4 cuz I somehow manage to get myself fed in some way or another. During that teamfight, both the enemy tanks Jarvan and Darius both had oracles and like 3 or 4k hp with a decent amount of MR. They started the teamfight near enemy red when i was at the tribrush cuz I was going to clear top, and then I just jumped and absolutely melted everyone. Usually by the time you get a triple kill you just have that feeling that you're going to penta, anyone know what I'm talking about?

On the topic of Pentakills I saw my 3rd non-ARAM penta a couple of days ago.

It was our Fiora who got it, cleaning up a teamfight.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #352 on: March 18, 2013, 04:00:57 PM »
I've seen a few pentas, they were mostly on the enemy team though. I don't think I've every got one. Then again, playing support a lot tends to do that.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #353 on: March 18, 2013, 05:06:12 PM »
I've had two pentas myself, the first was on ARAM with Ahri and the second was... Vayne. Their Talon focused me hard enough to bring me from 100% to 1 HP in four spells, I would've died if not for Botrk and Kayle Ult, I disengaged while they focused the rest, then I re-engaged and got an instant triple, I went for their Pantheon, which completely ignored me while he tried to get bottom inhibitor tower, quadra, then Lee, who tried to escape BUT I'M FUCKING VAYNE SON and I got a penta.

It was pretty much a 1v5 penta, though it was the leftovers of a fight. We still lost. ):

theshirn

« Reply #354 on: March 18, 2013, 05:29:30 PM »
I don't think ARAM pentas should count :V

I've gotten two, one on ARAM, one on Dominion.  The Dominion one was unbelievably dumb, as I was like level 19 at the time and building the stupidest stuff.  I got the penta as Vayne...with a Wit's End and a Stark's Fervor.  Hardcore.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #355 on: March 18, 2013, 05:44:11 PM »
Specifcally the three non-ARAM Pentas are:

Me, Mordekaiser Pentakill. PENTAKILL was cried as the enemy nexus exploded. Technically I should have brought Pentakill Mordekaiser to celebrate.

A Xin Zhao [Pre-rework], in a 2v5 with me on Veigar helping out.

Aformentioned Fiora cleanup, 1v5. [BTW we still lost. Not hard for a Fiora to show up late to a teamfight, and ult 5 people who are 200HP, regardless of how bad she was]

All the ARAM Pentas I've seen are AP Yi, btw.

EDIT: Oh wait I've seen an enemy MF get a pentakill too against my team on SR. So that's 4 Pentas.

« Reply #356 on: March 18, 2013, 05:51:57 PM »
seen 4 here:
3 fed assassins (Kata and Akali) (quick games where they snowballed early, 1 might have been surrender at 20 can't remember)
1 fed carry, Twitch (long-ish game)

« Reply #357 on: March 18, 2013, 09:59:09 PM »
nerfs everywhere

MEANWHILE AT RUMBLES

theshirn

« Reply #358 on: March 18, 2013, 10:23:14 PM »
PATCH NOTES

RUMBLE STILL AWESOME

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #359 on: March 19, 2013, 01:34:25 AM »
The Hecarim nerfs are also not there.

Since they were on the most recent PBE patch with ZAC, it's likely because those changes are still in the testing phase. Probably 3.05 patch if they go through.