Author Topic: League of Legends Thread 10 - Threads...threads are truly outrageous.  (Read 225702 times)

Re: League of Legends Thread 10 - Threads...threads are truly outrageous.
« Reply #300 on: March 15, 2013, 11:55:11 PM »
He looks like some Disney Pixar thing.

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #301 on: March 16, 2013, 12:16:43 AM »
So ryuu wanna test the karmaggeddon when she's out on PBE?

Because I wanna test the karmaggeddon when she's out on PBE.

And I want to test the shit out of it.

Also, ZAC's passive is pretty much a stronger anivia.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #302 on: March 16, 2013, 01:41:03 AM »
He looks like some Disney Pixar thing.

HES

FUCKING

FLUBBER

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #303 on: March 16, 2013, 07:44:35 AM »
Dear lord these massive nerfs:

Hecarim Ult from  100/200/300 (+0.8*AP) +  50/125/200 (+0.4*AP) to  50/100/150 (+0.4*AP) + 100/175/250 (+0.8*AP)

So that's focusing the damage all on the Fear-Wave [R.I.P AP Pony], and cutting the total damage by 100

But wait! There's more!

Spirit of Dread: 18/17/16/15/14 Seconds to 22/21/20/19/18 Seconds

4 seconds extra C/D at all ranks. Yay?

But wait, there's even more!

UNIQUE Passive: Basic attacks and spells that do not inflict damage-over-time deal 14-50 (based on level) bonus true damage over 3 seconds on hit
to
UNIQUE Passive: Basic attacks and spells that do not inflict damage-over-time deal 6-40 (based on level) bonus true damage over 3 seconds on hit.

Hasn't Riot learnt about hitting champions with three sizable nerfs at once from Diana, Rengar and Olaf?

Apparently having a functional jungle carry who actually has a pretty bad earlygame to take advantage of is not allowed.

Also:

Rumble launches a line of rockets at the targeted area dealing 150/225/300 (+0.5*AP)magic damage and leaving a burning trail for 5 seconds dealing 100/140/180 (+0.2*AP) magic damage per second and slowing opponents by 35 % while inside the area of effect.

to

Rumble launches a line of rockets that creates a burning trail for 5 seconds.Enemies in the area have their Movement Speed slowed by 35 % and take 130/185/240 (+0.3*AP) magic damage each second.

R.I.P Rumble. Who stays in your ult for anything more than a couple of ticks unless forced to? No more impact damage, and the total damage is significantly less now too [Base, AP ratio total is the same, but, as before, when do you get all 5 seconds?].
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 07:47:20 AM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #304 on: March 16, 2013, 07:48:45 AM »
Apparently having a functional jungle carry who actually has a pretty bad earlygame to take advantage of is not allowed.

this statement is factually incorrect

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #305 on: March 16, 2013, 07:56:44 AM »
this statement is factually incorrect

Hecarim gets low clearing
If anyone invades Hecarim he is forced to give up or die, because he can't duel
Anyone with any escape skill can evade Devestateing Charge,making it impossible for him to gank pre-6
His damage and tankiness are very low early
He has to blow a 2 min ult to gank anyone with an escape skill.

Yes, Hecarim's early game is awful. The only upside is he can run over wards at 500 speed. That doesn't make Rammus good, and Rammus' ganks have always been, and will always be, better than Hecarim's by a mile.

Name junglers with a worse earlygame than Hecarim.

I can name one. Warwick, and that's debatable since Warwick probobly wins duels.
Alistar isn't a jungler anyone, he doesn't count.
Sejuani and Nautilus are better early [Sej can gank with Q and Permafrost, Nautilus dosen't fight or farm, he just ganks with CC out his rear]
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 07:59:07 AM by Raikaria »

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #306 on: March 16, 2013, 08:27:59 AM »
Hecarim gets low clearing

doing it wrong
If anyone invades Hecarim he is forced to give up or die, because he can't duel

once again, doing it wrong

Anyone with any escape skill can evade Devestateing Charge,making it impossible for him to gank pre-6

thrice now, doing it wrong.
His damage and tankiness are very low early

factually incorrect, his burst damage at level 2 is incredibly high

He has to blow a 2 min ult to gank anyone with an escape skill.

so do a lot of strong junglers?

Yes, Hecarim's early game is awful. The only upside is he can run over wards at 500 speed. That doesn't make Rammus good, and Rammus' ganks have always been, and will always be, better than Hecarim's by a mile.

you see you keep arguing this point, but you're literally just flat out wrong. i don't even comprehend how someone can have this point of view on the subject because it's like saying "ezreal has shitty poke" or "blitzcrank has no zone control"

Name junglers with a worse earlygame than Hecarim.

nautilus sejuani amumu fiddlesticks rammus skarner twitch yi warwick darius elise alistar fiora udyr off the top of my head

I can name one. Warwick, and that's debatable since Warwick probobly wins duels.

you have a very large incorrect preconception of everything
Alistar isn't a jungler anyone, he doesn't count.

does this mean fiddle isn't jungling anymore? all i'm hearing is "wah wah i want to make a point but it's wrong so i have to add a bunch of exceptions that'd make me look super wrong waaahhh"
Sejuani and Nautilus are better early [Sej can gank with Q and Permafrost, Nautilus dosen't fight or farm, he just ganks with CC out his rear]

sejuani and nautilus get super low, are super blue reliant and are super invadable.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #307 on: March 16, 2013, 08:47:11 AM »
I've been playing Hecarim since his release. I know he does not have a good earlygame.

I know Hecarim ganking 010: You charge from behind your target. You try to knock them back. The target hops over you as you hit them, so you end up shoving them to tower. You rely on the enemy using their escape skill before you gank and having it on C/D, so, ultimately, you rely on your enemy not having wards [To see you waiting for them to burn escape] and/or being dumb and burning their escape anyway.

His lv 2 burst damage is 'high'. Except Hecarim isn't a Lv 2 ganker. He pretty much has to start blue, and if he takes E Lv 2, he's screwed his clearing.

nautilus - Ganking monster early, even pre 6
sejuani - Actually clears somewhat fast, even if first clear is average. Q to permafrost ganks pre 6 are pretty hard to escape without flash, a lot harder than Hecarim's pre 6 ganks
amumu - Suffers 'loses every duel syndrome' like Hecarim, but has better ganks.
fiddlesticks - Fear -> Silence -> Drain ganks. Doesn't get low in jungle.
rammus - One of the BEST early gankers. He has high AD due to his passive, and just rolls up and taunts.
skarner - If Skarner gets on you, you have to flash. If Pre-6 Hecarim gets on you, you... walk away. Skarner clears past pre 6, Skarner is a god duelist.
twitch - Not a jungler in S3
yi - Clear speed is godly, even without getting lucky. Can't gank. Yi is hardly a jungler anyway.
warwick - I said he's weaker
darius - No. God duelist, Apprehend ganks with red and Crippling Strike, he's pretty much second to Zed in clear.
elise - Rappel to gap close. Cacoon. Decent burst, Spiderling steroid to kill camps at a good speed. No.
alistar - Not a jungler anymore
fiora - Not a jungler
udyr- Clears like lighting. He may suck, but he can still walk in, steal all of Hecarim's stuff and kill him if he tries to defend it.

So, of that list, there's only:
Twitch
Fiora
Alistar
Yi

None of those are actually junglers at all, except maybe Yi. Twitch dies outright, Alistar by the time he can do Lv 2 ganks isn't scary anymore because he's almost dead, and Fiora was never a real jungler because she can never gank to save her life. Yi isn't good at all.

Oh, and Warwick. Who I already said.

Hecarim can't invade, his clear speed is average, his ganks pre-6 are pretty poor due to his lack of C.C, and his damage, except Lv 2 EQ is low.

You don't pick Hecarim to gank all the time. You pick Hecarim for the lategame. He is a jungle carry.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 08:52:58 AM by Raikaria »

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #308 on: March 16, 2013, 09:45:41 AM »
I've been playing Hecarim since his release. I know he does not have a good earlygame.

you've been doing it wrong since release. hecarim's ganks wreck early and his dueling is average to above average. just because he loses to lee sin and shaco(like, you know, everyone does) does not mean his early game is terrible

I know Hecarim ganking 010: You charge from behind your target. You try to knock them back. The target hops over you as you hit them, so you end up shoving them to tower. You rely on the enemy using their escape skill before you gank and having it on C/D, so, ultimately, you rely on your enemy not having wards [To see you waiting for them to burn escape] and/or being dumb and burning their escape anyway.

so if i'm reading this right you're saying that you screw up pushing people with devastating charge so his early game is weak

His lv 2 burst damage is 'high'. Except Hecarim isn't a Lv 2 ganker. He pretty much has to start blue, and if he takes E Lv 2, he's screwed his clearing.

i know many hecarims who would disagree with you. wqq or qwq for clearing, qe for level 2 gank.

nautilus - Ganking monster early, even pre 6

except he's so squishy and his shield is so weak right now that if he ganks he's liable to just die.

sejuani - Actually clears somewhat fast, even if first clear is average. Q to permafrost ganks pre 6 are pretty hard to escape without flash, a lot harder than Hecarim's pre 6 ganks

this does nothing to address where i pointed out that she's incredibly blue reliant and squishy early on. her ganks are just average without ult

amumu - Suffers 'loses every duel syndrome' like Hecarim, but has better ganks.

amumu only ganks better with ult. can't stick to people to apply redbuff. can only stun one target.

fiddlesticks - Fear -> Silence -> Drain ganks. Doesn't get low in jungle.

almost every jungler in the game can invade fiddlesticks and kill him.

rammus - One of the BEST early gankers. He has high AD due to his passive, and just rolls up and taunts.

you seem to cherry pick your responses a lot. you honestly think rammus is better early when he's very invadable and his clear time is slow as balls? you are literally playing devil's advocate and only making yourself look more and more wrong.

skarner - If Skarner gets on you, you have to flash. If Pre-6 Hecarim gets on you, you... walk away. Skarner clears past pre 6, Skarner is a god duelist.

except skarner is heavily blue reliant and does not duel well at all. his ganks are also weak pre-6 due to lack of good gap closer.

twitch - Not a jungler in S3

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/19658519#history

yi - Clear speed is godly, even without getting lucky. Can't gank. Yi is hardly a jungler anyway.

"yi is hardly a jungler" IT'S HIS MAIN ROLE ARE YOU KIDDING ME ROFL

yi can't duel against a bunch of people early because he doesn't have enough passive ad yet. his clear time is also super sporatic
warwick - I said he's weaker

>implying i read all of your post and then reply and not just read it as i reply

darius - No. God duelist, Apprehend ganks with red and Crippling Strike, he's pretty much second to Zed in clear.

no gap closer, can't duel without red, average duelist with red. weak ganks. you are cherry picking situations again.

elise - Rappel to gap close. Cacoon. Decent burst, Spiderling steroid to kill camps at a good speed. No.

clears below average, only duels well in specific circumstances. first clear is slow and she gets low.
alistar - Not a jungler anymore

i do not believe you have the authority to make that statement
fiora - Not a jungler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=YRyGvsGbHnM#t=305s

"open with a vampiric scepter when jungling"

when jungling

WHEN JUNGLING

udyr- Clears like lighting. He may suck, but he can still walk in, steal all of Hecarim's stuff and kill him if he tries to defend it.

um part of the reason no one played udyr anymore was because he couldn't duel like anyone at all. seriously. like no one.

So, of that list, there's only:
Twitch
Fiora
Alistar
Yi

None of those are actually junglers at all, except maybe Yi. Twitch dies outright, Alistar by the time he can do Lv 2 ganks isn't scary anymore because he's almost dead, and Fiora was never a real jungler because she can never gank to save her life. Yi isn't good at all.

Oh, and Warwick. Who I already said.

so basically you cherry pick examples to try and make yourself look as correct as possible when you've just not been doing it right. i also question how you can say "yi is maybe a jungler" and not say the same for fiora when they are both the same exact style of jungler.

Hecarim can't invade, his clear speed is average, his ganks pre-6 are pretty poor due to his lack of C.C, and his damage, except Lv 2 EQ is low.

anyone can if they do it right, it's above average, they're really strong except apparently you have difficulty with his e, his damage is pretty high but you seem to not chain your autos inbetween qs since you think he can't stick when red buff and his high ms make it easy to stick.

You don't pick Hecarim to gank all the time. You pick Hecarim for the lategame. He is a jungle carry.

ganking is exactly why you pick hecarim, he's so good at it. i also also question how you say hecarim is a jungle carry but you don't think the same of yi and fiora who are literal jungle carries. gotta stop contradicting yourself bro

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #309 on: March 16, 2013, 10:25:58 AM »
um part of the reason no one played udyr anymore was because he couldn't duel like anyone at all. seriously. like no one.
...wait what? Really? Pre 6?
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #310 on: March 16, 2013, 11:12:18 AM »
Yi's main role is AP, not jungle. Yi's role never has been intended to be jungler. There's a reason he doesn't have the 'jungler' tag.

You can't even open with a Vamperic Sceptre on Fiora anymore, so that is null and void, and just because Phreak plays her as a jungler, in Season 2, doesn't mean anything. This is Season 3, the jungle is rougher, and no more Vamp starts. Also that doesn't address 'Fiora can't gank to save her life'.

Wow, you found one person who plays jungle Twitch. He also plays Twitch only, and has 69 CS in 25 mins in one of his games on Jungle Twitch.

Hecarim is very blue reliant as well, so blue reliant arguments are void.

Amumu with red buff sticks just as well as Hecarim with red buff.

Let me ask you then, when did you last see Jungle Alistar? Bear in mind the nerfs in S2 were intended to kill Jungle Alistar, and the changes to make the S3 jungle harder, when the cow could hardly clear the S2 jungle, almost certainly buried him.

I'm specifically saying Rammus is better at ganking early. Also if someone invades Rammus, Rammus can live long enough with Defensive Ball Curl and taunt to allow his team to collapse.

Darius is not a weak duelist. Give me a jungler that wins a 1v1 against Darius. The only one I can think of is Lee Sin, who isn't even a certainty, and *maybe* Skarner. The debuff from Crippling Strike destroys most junglers in a duel. Then there's his passive damage, and the fact Crippling is an AA reset, and he can pull you back in... I never said his ganks are *good* but if he comes from behind he is deadly, since that means you have to go past Darius, and he can save Apprehend for after you get past him, and them he has Crippling Strike, combined with his high damage. Also if the lane has C.C his can make use of his high damage too.

If you think Skarner doesn't duel well, please, play Skarner. Crystal Slash is a stronger Rampage, with permaslow, and every AA is giving him 1 second of CDR for more shields and Q's, which he can fire off about every 1.5 seconds [3.5 - 2 for AA's] Skarner's base AD is among the highest in the entire game as well. Also Fracture heals. Skarner is one of the best duelists in the entire game, at each stage of the game. His weakness lies in being kited.

No, not every jungler in the game can invade Fiddle and kill him. They get feared, and Fiddle walks away. Unless you're Lee Sin or someone who can keep on constantly jumping on him after you get on him the first time, it's hard to actually kill Fiddle.

You clearly haven't been playing against good people. Any escape skill can be used during the animation of Hecarim's E, once the autoattack HAS ALREADY BEGUN AND CANNOT BE STOPPED and it will push them further away. An Ezreal, for example, can shift behind Hecarim once the AA animation starts, and he gets pushed further away. Someone with good timing can easily use an escape skill, or flash, to force Hecarim to push the wrong way. It is that abuseable window that makes Hecarim's pre-6 ganks trivial to avoid if you have any escape skill whatsoever.

There have been cases where I literally cannot gank with Hecarim all game because the enemy team is Renekton, Fizz, Ezreal. Renekton just uses Slice as you use E's AA and gets pushed the wrong way, Fizz either uses Q or Trollpole, and Ezreal shifts as you hit him, a-la Blitzcrank hook. If your enemy has a dash that can be used as an escape, and good timing, they can easily avoid all Hecarim ganks except ones using his Ultimate.

That is my 'difficulty' with the E. People being good enough to react to it properly. I know how to use Hecarim's E fine, however, there is a short window the enemy can use before the knockback but after the AA begins, to force the knockback to go the wrong way. Which is also why you don't see Hecarim in tourny play, the players are good enough to abuse that window consistently, so Hecarim is incapable of ganking. [On top of J4, Xin and Vi slaughtering him if they ever meet him because Hecarim is an awful duelist early.]
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 11:30:24 AM by Raikaria »

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #311 on: March 16, 2013, 12:58:26 PM »
LORE

AND HOLY SHIT WHAT A NEW PROVING GROUNDS

Additionally I wanted to let you guys know that we are actively working on an official matchmaking queue for ARAM and plan to launch it with the map when it?s ready.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 01:00:13 PM by Garlyle »

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #312 on: March 16, 2013, 02:02:09 PM »
Yi's main role is AP, not jungle. Yi's role never has been intended to be jungler. There's a reason he doesn't have the 'jungler' tag.

it's like i don't even need to respond anymore

You can't even open with a Vamperic Sceptre on Fiora anymore, so that is null and void, and just because Phreak plays her as a jungler, in Season 2, doesn't mean anything. This is Season 3, the jungle is rougher, and no more Vamp starts. Also that doesn't address 'Fiora can't gank to save her life'.

so you call hecarim a late-game farming jungler but it's apparently blasphemy for anyone else to be in that role?

Wow, you found one person who plays jungle Twitch. He also plays Twitch only, and has 69 CS in 25 mins in one of his games on Jungle Twitch.

i found one person five divisions above you and trending upwards towards plat lololol

Hecarim is very blue reliant as well, so blue reliant arguments are void.

no they're not? you can be blue reliant and be worse off than someone else blue reliant. hecarim can survive uncomfortably without blue, but not having it cripples many of the ones i listed

Amumu with red buff sticks just as well as Hecarim with red buff.

amumu's auto takes longer and the animation is more frontloaded. hecarim has a faster auto that chains into his q spam, a more evenly balanced animation and more movespeed.

so no, amumu does not stick just as well.

Let me ask you then, when did you last see Jungle Alistar? Bear in mind the nerfs in S2 were intended to kill Jungle Alistar, and the changes to make the S3 jungle harder, when the cow could hardly clear the S2 jungle, almost certainly buried him.

like a week ago

I'm specifically saying Rammus is better at ganking early. Also if someone invades Rammus, Rammus can live long enough with Defensive Ball Curl and taunt to allow his team to collapse.

i'm sure he can because literally everything works out in your favor in magical

Darius is not a weak duelist. Give me a jungler that wins a 1v1 against Darius. The only one I can think of is Lee Sin, who isn't even a certainty, and *maybe* Skarner. The debuff from Crippling Strike destroys most junglers in a duel. Then there's his passive damage, and the fact Crippling is an AA reset, and he can pull you back in... I never said his ganks are *good* but if he comes from behind he is deadly, since that means you have to go past Darius, and he can save Apprehend for after you get past him, and them he has Crippling Strike, combined with his high damage. Also if the lane has C.C his can make use of his high damage too.

i read the comment below this one first on accident. it's like you really don't think kiting is in dueling at all

If you think Skarner doesn't duel well, please, play Skarner. Crystal Slash is a stronger Rampage, with permaslow, and every AA is giving him 1 second of CDR for more shields and Q's, which he can fire off about every 1.5 seconds [3.5 - 2 for AA's] Skarner's base AD is among the highest in the entire game as well. Also Fracture heals. Skarner is one of the best duelists in the entire game, at each stage of the game. His weakness lies in being kited.

do you think that kiting isn't part of dueling or something???

No, not every jungler in the game can invade Fiddle and kill him. They get feared, and Fiddle walks away. Unless you're Lee Sin or someone who can keep on constantly jumping on him after you get on him the first time, it's hard to actually kill Fiddle.

you just... walk in on him doing a buff after he feared it to reduce damage on himself and kill him? isn't this common knowledge?

You clearly haven't been playing against good people.

um i play with gold 3+, usually against plat and diamond players. i also play with semi-pro players and such from time to time. i don't think you can really pull this card on me.

Any escape skill can be used during the animation of Hecarim's E, once the autoattack HAS ALREADY BEGUN AND CANNOT BE STOPPED and it will push them further away.

so have your lane bait the escape first wow. literally jungling 101

An Ezreal, for example, can shift behind Hecarim once the AA animation starts, and he gets pushed further away. Someone with good timing can easily use an escape skill, or flash, to force Hecarim to push the wrong way. It is that abuseable window that makes Hecarim's pre-6 ganks trivial to avoid if you have any escape skill whatsoever.

so a scant few(of which you've picked the most abusable of the roster for your example) can abuse a bug in the game to avoid cc, so hecarim is bad early game?

There have been cases where I literally cannot gank with Hecarim all game because the enemy team is Renekton, Fizz, Ezreal. Renekton just uses Slice as you use E's AA and gets pushed the wrong way, Fizz either uses Q or Trollpole, and Ezreal shifts as you hit him, a-la Blitzcrank hook. If your enemy has a dash that can be used as an escape, and good timing, they can easily avoid all Hecarim ganks except ones using his Ultimate.

uh you could communicate with your lanes to get your enemies to expend their escapes offensively, or you could have your lanes CC them while you're incoming?

That is my 'difficulty' with the E. People being good enough to react to it properly. I know how to use Hecarim's E fine, however, there is a short window the enemy can use before the knockback but after the AA begins, to force the knockback to go the wrong way.

so instead of attempting to play around the people who can abuse the game, you just say his early game is bad. yeah i'm sure the problem is 100% on hecarim here

Which is also why you don't see Hecarim in tourny play, the players are good enough to abuse that window consistently, so Hecarim is incapable of ganking.

UM hecarim has been banned pretty frequently in a lot of tournaments. and he's seen pretty consistent use when he's not being banned.

[On top of J4, Xin and Vi slaughtering him if they ever meet him because Hecarim is an awful duelist early.]

man it's really like over-the-top duelists are good at dueling or something man wow

PC

• riot pls nerf trondamere
  • poultry shout too strong
« Reply #313 on: March 16, 2013, 02:08:20 PM »
lux is a real shitty ap because lb can burst her down

unrelated but how do i irelia

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #314 on: March 16, 2013, 03:54:33 PM »
Max W first, do as much ASPD and damage as you possibly can, win every duel because of OP true damage and sustain and stun.

Also, Q to never lose farm.

Your ult gives you more sustain than a Soraka ever could.

That's all.

(PS: I'm horrible at Irelia.)

« Reply #315 on: March 16, 2013, 04:35:37 PM »
I can't stand the sound of Irelia's auto attacks. So I never bought her.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #316 on: March 16, 2013, 07:44:28 PM »
lux is a real shitty ap because lb can burst her down
More like that's just Lux's weakness as a character is to that kind of diver assassin.  Even just among other APs, Fizz, Leblanc, Diana, and Ahri all fit into that type that can jump onto Lux's face and deal some serious damage.  On the other hand though, Lux generally just outranges and laughs at other mages.

She's a fantastic AP frankly, but last I checked mid lane currently loves roaming assassins which is her vulneurability.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #317 on: March 16, 2013, 08:14:23 PM »
More like that's just Lux's weakness as a character is to that kind of diver assassin.  Even just among other APs, Fizz, Leblanc, Diana, and Ahri all fit into that type that can jump onto Lux's face and deal some serious damage.  On the other hand though, Lux generally just outranges and laughs at other mages.

She's a fantastic AP frankly, but last I checked mid lane currently loves roaming assassins which is her vulneurability.
(hint: that line was sarcasm)

Also isn't lux like the most played mid champ atm with plenty people calling for nerfs despite the fact that she has a steady 50% winrate?  :derp:
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 08:44:50 PM by Iryan »
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #318 on: March 16, 2013, 08:21:42 PM »
Except if you're sitting around waiting for the enemy to burn an escape, a good enemy will have wards in the locations you would want to wait. Unless you're going to wait in the middle of the river where anyone can gank you with your camera far away from you, while you sit waiting for those escapes to be used, you are likly sitting on a ward against good players.

Good players can evade Hecarim's E [By the way, it's not a bug, it's how all autoattacks work, once it starts it hits, regardless of it you blink or dash out of range], and if Hecarim jst sits there and waits for the escape to be burnt, he's on a ward if playing against a good player, so they won't burn it anyway.

That's the last I'll say on the Hecarim issue, seeing as you now seem to have accepted the issue with Hecarim's ganks pre-6 on characters with dashes.

Also, kiting is not a part of fights in the jungle unless you are a ranged jungler [Fiddlesticks and Elise]. 'Kiting' as a melee is not dueling. That's 'running away because you can't win'. Dueling as a melee is pretty much face-bashing. Why would most junglers kite Darius if their aim was to duel him? All that accomplishes is putting you in range for the outer ring of Decimate, if you can even get away from the red buff and Crippling Strike anyway. The only thing I can think of is buying time for cooldowns, but that just, as mentioned before, lets Darius get Outer Ring Decimates, and lets Hemorrhage tick...

And if you run on sight [Bearing in mind he could have been waiting in brush for ambush too], then that's not dueling. That's running away.

Also, Fiora isn't a jungle carry. She ends up underfarmed, not fed because she can't gank, underleveled, and is useless in a teamfight in the first place because she gets CC'ed and blown up. Fiora isn't a ganking jungler, she isn't a farm and carry jungler, and she isn't an invader either.

« Reply #319 on: March 16, 2013, 08:22:05 PM »
AND HOLY SHIT WHAT A NEW PROVING GROUNDS
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

yessssssssssssssssssssss ARAM queue, yay not having to dig through the list of customs for the like one ARAM game that's not 30s only and not trying to lure people in by putting something like "tits" in the damn title does that even actually work to get players in my god

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #320 on: March 16, 2013, 08:40:33 PM »
'Kiting' as a melee is not dueling.
omg this hecarim keeps running while Q'ing my face why ;_;

Even for melee champions, while dueling you can still kite to wait out your CDs, wait out enemy buffs/debuffs, or buy time for someone on your team to come help. Also as Hecarim you can Q while moving so if both you and the enemy champ has about the same movement speed you can pull off a few free Qs (which can make quite the difference in early game dueling) then turn around and melt face. Or you can just pretend to run through a bush but stop and stat bursting them out. Doing so negates a ranged enemy's range advantage, and while they're busy trying to enter the bush you can unload some skills on their face too. Early on these little advantages can really add up.
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki, if both of us ended up as mafia
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- I would be so angry
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- that I will snap and give into my rage

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #321 on: March 16, 2013, 09:51:45 PM »
Except if you're sitting around waiting for the enemy to burn an escape, a good enemy will have wards in the locations you would want to wait. Unless you're going to wait in the middle of the river where anyone can gank you with your camera far away from you, while you sit waiting for those escapes to be used, you are likly sitting on a ward against good players.

so you can't buy pink wards so you can gank? it's not uncommon for me to buy a pink on my first buy to try for a double bot pre-6. also you can just watch how they play to see if their escape is down. if enemy ezreal is full health but last hitting with q from max range, his e is likely on cd.

Good players can evade Hecarim's E [By the way, it's not a bug, it's how all autoattacks work, once it starts it hits, regardless of it you blink or dash out of range], and if Hecarim jst sits there and waits for the escape to be burnt, he's on a ward if playing against a good player, so they won't burn it anyway.

you make a lot of assumptions here. also when the auto starts, it's supposed to be applying cc immediately. however, due to the nature of that specific cc, certain escapes can still get out of it.

instead of looking at how to improve, you are basically just saying "oh well they have this so i just shouldn't gank" or "they have wards so i shouldn't gank" instead of trying to learn how to get past those issues and improve. this is why you are stuck in the lower reaches of gold v.

That's the last I'll say on the Hecarim issue, seeing as you now seem to have accepted the issue with Hecarim's ganks pre-6 on characters with dashes.

nnnnnoooo that's a bug that's been around forever. that's why ezreal was a counterpick to blitz at high elo. if you play correctly, hecarim is still super strong.

Also, kiting is not a part of fights in the jungle unless you are a ranged jungler [Fiddlesticks and Elise]. 'Kiting' as a melee is not dueling. That's 'running away because you can't win'. Dueling as a melee is pretty much face-bashing.

okay i lied above. THIS is why you are stuck in the lower reaches of gold v.

kiting is an integral part of any fight ever. you want to minimize the damage they do to you and maximize the damage you do to them simply because you can't account for everything. they might have a surprising rune set. their mia lane might be right behind you. maybe they are strong standing and fighting and weak if they have to move while doing so. maybe you want to bait them.

there's also the whole, taking less damage in a fight means you can still do stuff after the fight is over. if you kite darius and kill him but still have 50% of your health, you can still farm your jungle or gank a really low lane. if you just sit there and headbutt each other, suddenly you're at 10% and have to go b, greatly lessening the effect of the advantage you gained. killing someone often isn't the whole advantage, it's using the time they are dead to increase that advantage in the form of cs or objectives. that is a big reason why it's important to always minimize your damage taken.

Why would most junglers kite Darius if their aim was to duel him? All that accomplishes is putting you in range for the outer ring of Decimate, if you can even get away from the red buff and Crippling Strike anyway. The only thing I can think of is buying time for cooldowns, but that just, as mentioned before, lets Darius get Outer Ring Decimates, and lets Hemorrhage tick...

there is a sweet spot about 100 range thick where darius will hit you with his shaft but be unable to auto you. you can kite him in that range and minimize the damage he does to you while maximizing the damage you do to him. this forces him to spend his high cd ganking ability to fight you properly, which could save a lane's life. and since gap closers are so popular on junglers, you just use it to back away so he can't continue autoing you, and kiting him down with your abilities.

And if you run on sight [Bearing in mind he could have been waiting in brush for ambush too], then that's not dueling. That's running away.

the tone of this post seems to imply that "running away" is a bad thing in general. like it's not good play to tactically pick your fights at advantageous positions or something.

Also, Fiora isn't a jungle carry. She ends up underfarmed, not fed because she can't gank, underleveled, and is useless in a teamfight in the first place because she gets CC'ed and blown up. Fiora isn't a ganking jungler, she isn't a farm and carry jungler, and she isn't an invader either.

hecarim ends up underfarmed too. all junglers do.  but you say hecarim is a jungle carry??

omg this hecarim keeps running while Q'ing my face why ;_;

Even for melee champions, while dueling you can still kite to wait out your CDs, wait out enemy buffs/debuffs, or buy time for someone on your team to come help. Also as Hecarim you can Q while moving so if both you and the enemy champ has about the same movement speed you can pull off a few free Qs (which can make quite the difference in early game dueling) then turn around and melt face. Or you can just pretend to run through a bush but stop and stat bursting them out. Doing so negates a ranged enemy's range advantage, and while they're busy trying to enter the bush you can unload some skills on their face too. Early on these little advantages can really add up.

this is a good post

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #322 on: March 16, 2013, 11:24:23 PM »
In rather unrelated news, ZAC seems to be pretty strong, actually, with just 29% cdr (4 from masteries, 15 from scaling cdr quints and flat cdr blues, improvised stuff, and 10% from spirit of the spectral wraith) his W has less than 3 seconds of cooldown, and it deals magic damage based on the opponent's max health, which, with a spectral wraith, rylai's and I believe that's it was just 9% of the opponent's max health.

Aside from his E bug (It's sometimes canceled just as its used) he actually has one hell of a gap closer and his Q slow seems good enough, his ult gives him a stacking ms buff for each bounce,  it slows and knocks up so I guess that's great?

His passive actually seems like a worse anivia, considering that all of the blobs have only 10% of zac's max health, and they all take true damage from everything, which makes them squishy as fuck.

Also he grows in size for each 1k health he currently has, with 4k health he was hitting cho'gath status.

His early clear is horrendous though.

Also, today I went noc jungle after not playing noc in forever.

I buried the top AP Yi after granting 2 kills to my xin zhao, I managed to push LB out of lane twice to stop the pressure on our annie and gave our ADC a kill on bot and got two for myself (or else risk escaping) at bot lane.

However, I was having to build tank because xin was doing pure damage, by the time xin actually did some survivability the game was pretty much over for us, LB was the major problem, so I guess it's kinda my fault that I didn't make a bulwark.

I also stole their baron with a well timed ult + smite.

I ended 8/6/14, out of the 6 deaths, 4 was after LB was fed.

So I guess that's great for someone who doesn't touch the champion in forever? I was really screwing up my W timing though
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 11:31:45 PM by Sacchi Kuroi »

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #323 on: March 17, 2013, 12:28:51 AM »
Oh god the new ARAM map is super pretty even if it isn't finished.  The wind looks amazing and I admit I spent my entire first battle here distracted by the scenery.

Also, the Poro.  The Poro are so goddamn cute they're these little rat-like furrball things that run around on the bridge and constantly scatter away from champions and they're super cute and

i want one
Spoiler:
also this post has been pretty useless

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #324 on: March 17, 2013, 01:15:44 AM »
The Equalizer nerf is really, really going to hurt Rumble.  No one stays in the Equalizer unless forced to, and if enemies dash or flash out after the first half-second tick it'll make your ult do basically nothing, which is going to feel absolutely awful.  I hope it doesn't go live.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #325 on: March 17, 2013, 06:25:55 AM »
The Equalizer nerf is really, really going to hurt Rumble.  No one stays in the Equalizer unless forced to, and if enemies dash or flash out after the first half-second tick it'll make your ult do basically nothing, which is going to feel absolutely awful.  I hope it doesn't go live.

Man, just when I starting to win with him :(

Well, if it does, I will always have Kennen.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #326 on: March 17, 2013, 08:45:59 AM »

As I said, R.I.P Rumble.

It's not a nerf. It's an outright destruction. Effectivly the ult's damage against people who are not rooted or stunned, neither of which Rumble has, is going to fall by about 80%.

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #327 on: March 17, 2013, 10:08:54 AM »
If that's the way they're going to make Rumble players make "smarter decision" with his ult, well, that's not a particularly smart way to do it.

It barely does any damage as it is now.

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #328 on: March 17, 2013, 05:14:04 PM »
I've taken to playing Karma a lot in bot games (because people yell at me if I try to bring her into my scrub tier normals :ohdear: cmon we don't have junglers on either side half of the time who cares about ~optimal OP team comps~) and really liked her too, so I'm psyched to try the new kit.

Also so this PBE is pretty nifty because holy crap do I like Quinn!  Also trying to l2Irelia and l2Leona and l2Caitlyn there so any tips on any of them would be awesome.  Probably will be buying either Quinn or Caitlyn fairly soon.

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
« Reply #329 on: March 17, 2013, 05:42:04 PM »
Caitlyn: Long range pewpew and headshots. Stand behind your frontmost minions and pewpew anyone (enemy ADC) who dares come close to farm your minions. When headshot's up, walk up and pewpew your enemy adc then withdraw before they can get within shooting range. you can also happily pewpew any offensive support who dares live in your bush. Headshot's up faster in bush so when duelling stand in a bush when possible, and if the enemy's trying to auto-attack back, go in and out of bush to both proc your headshots and mess up enemy aim, provided they don't have a ward in your bush. Use the caliber net to get away from stuff, never use it to start a fight. You can use it to jump over ledges and thin walls like golem wall and jarven and anivia's walls. Use your ult only to finish and only when you have a clear shot as they can be blocked by enemy friendlies.
Quinn: Abuse her blind when initiating. Use vault when the enemy tries to run away or when you want to retreat while pewpewing them down. Ult only to get away or to finish. Carry ignite, not barrier. Don't use her vs varus. That is all.