Author Topic: League of Legends Thread 10 - Threads...threads are truly outrageous.  (Read 225639 times)

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
Re: League of Legends Thread 10 - Threads...threads are truly outrageous.
« Reply #270 on: March 08, 2013, 04:32:18 PM »
What am I supposed to do as adc when the enemy jax can 1v4? He wasn't even that fed, I think he only had Boots, BoRK, Randuins, and then a few dorans, yet he was killing everybody without being able to get focused down, and when I get in aa range for more than one attack, I am instantly jumped and gibbed.  :(
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #271 on: March 08, 2013, 04:36:08 PM »
You stay back until his counter strike ends, then hit him and kite as much as possible. If you're playing Vayne, you can easily use your stealth to kite him to death, and if he ever gets close to killing you, you can condemn him away, regardless if it stuns or not.

Jax is pretty snowbally though, that's for sure.

@Diana

My problem with not taking Zhonya's ASAP is because Diana is such a good initiator, I can QRE in and that slows everybody and puts them close to me, which puts me in a dangerous situation, so I tend to zhonya's right after to avoid being exploded and making them shift targets to someone else while I gather my bearings and explode their carry as soon as the stasis ends.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 04:38:01 PM by Sacchi Kuroi »

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #272 on: March 10, 2013, 04:42:26 AM »
Well I am more or less quitting league for who knows how long. Simply because I don't really enjoy playing anymore unless i'm playing with a friend and I feel kinda meh about actually improving at the game anymore.

Besides if I played now I'd only want to play Ahri and I am not very good at her.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #273 on: March 10, 2013, 07:13:13 PM »
Farming's so hard. 9 times out of 10 the opponent farms better than me, even if they're getting camped. :(

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #274 on: March 11, 2013, 11:10:50 AM »
Farming's so hard. 9 times out of 10 the opponent farms better than me, even if they're getting camped. :(

i don't really know many ways to improve farming beyond just dedicated practice

the one thing that really helped me though was playing bot games in dota 2(back when there were no easy bots). csing is a lot harder in dota, and getting ~10 cs in lane vs sniper bot with his fucking perfect deny improved my cs in league by like an average of 30-40cs in the laning phase

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #275 on: March 11, 2013, 03:58:43 PM »

I'm the complete opposite. 9 out of 10 times, unless I'm fighting someone who is braindead to CS with, like Garen, I will be ahead by at least 20 CS, even when camped. Honestly I'm usually 50+ CS ahead of everyone else in my own team, and there are times I out-cs my mid and top as jungle [Although that may be more due to them being bad]. The other times are when I'm botlane and against a Leona/Blitz, because I get scared and absolutely refuse to go past my minions in those lanes

I think your ease of CS'ing largely depends on your playstyle. Aggressive players spend more time harassing, or pushing up to take towers, so their CS suffers as a result. I am a passive player, however, a very passive player, and I just focus on farming to 20 mins, not dying and winning through CS. 1,200+ games of that playstyle later, and CS'ing is second nature to me.

I think that might be a reason why I'm not doing too good right now. The game favors aggressive playstyles more than being safe and farming.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 04:02:06 PM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Taboo

• FLY AWAY NOW FLY AWAY NOW
  • FLY AWAAAAAAAY
« Reply #276 on: March 11, 2013, 04:43:26 PM »
what i've learned: go ham 24/7

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
« Reply #277 on: March 11, 2013, 05:49:58 PM »
It all depends on how much damage you do and how much sustain the enemy has, but what I see is that often people will autoattack the enemy laner a single time and then back off, rather than using said autoattack on a low-health creep, and miss a cs they could have easily gotten, yet their AA deals little damage and doesn't really bother the sustain-rich enemy much if at all.

As far as I understand it, if the enemy has good sustain, missing a cs for a single autoattack on them is generally a bad idea.

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #278 on: March 13, 2013, 05:40:19 AM »
pbe signups open again

Jam-Kiske

• i am not witty
« Reply #279 on: March 13, 2013, 06:19:01 AM »
pbe signups open again
THANK YOU

Now I just have to remember where I put the client since I downloaded it ages ago without having a PBE account...

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #280 on: March 13, 2013, 01:41:34 PM »
SUCCESS, finally

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #281 on: March 13, 2013, 02:23:38 PM »
THANK YOU

Now I just have to remember where I put the client since I downloaded it ages ago without having a PBE account...

You could try searching for PBE, I think that's what it calls it by default.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #282 on: March 13, 2013, 04:39:13 PM »
> Gets Quinn

> First game troll Fiora 'support' who does nothing but walk around base/2nd ring of towers, and recalling randomly, leaving me 2v1 against Taric/Graves, which ofc i lose horribly

> 2nd game, Lux 'support' that refuses to ward or support. No tank. Teemo jungle, who never even comes anywhere near bot, while the enemy Blitz jungle camps all day while Lux still refuses to ward. Also Shaco toplane.

OFC both games I'm blamed. When I get trolled both games.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
« Reply #283 on: March 13, 2013, 06:54:24 PM »
So I tried to jungle a bit again.

Really makes you appreciate smart ping. Makes everything so much easier. Also I love the tree. Only problem is I always seem to end up underleveled, but eh.

« Reply #284 on: March 13, 2013, 10:37:27 PM »
Junglers typically level as about as fast as the support. Depends on how you do really.

« Reply #285 on: March 13, 2013, 11:09:48 PM »
Unless you need to hold a lane for someone who had to back, or actually farmed efficiently, you'll be behind.

As a jungler you should help lanes begrudgingly, gank only if it will be effective (you'll get a kill/assist) or you need to save mid or bot, otherwise farm (he* who has most gold wins)

*this is a gender neutral he, Riot always use he to refer to sumoners

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #286 on: March 13, 2013, 11:21:06 PM »
Just don't forget that if your opponent burns a flash in one of your ganks and does not go passive from then on, gank again immediately, 90% of chances to get a kill.

You'll be accused of camping though.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #287 on: March 13, 2013, 11:43:54 PM »
Just don't forget that if your opponent burns a flash in one of your ganks and does not go passive from then on, gank again immediately, 90% of chances to get a kill.

You'll be accused of camping though.

Why would you not want to be accused of camping a lane? That's Enemy-ese for "Good Job, do it more." I thought junglers were supposed to level faster than a duo lane though.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #288 on: March 14, 2013, 12:02:40 AM »
Can get pretty annoying if the opponents bitches about it, but hell, there is an ignore button.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #289 on: March 14, 2013, 12:36:34 AM »
Why would you not want to be accused of camping a lane? That's Enemy-ese for "Good Job, do it more." I thought junglers were supposed to level faster than a duo lane though.

Not if they're spending a large amount of time walking around the map and not farming.

And if you farm enough to not fall behind the duo, you get screamed at for not ganking.

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #290 on: March 14, 2013, 10:53:23 PM »
Major Question Time: Support Nidalee: Why doesn't it work?

I take it its because she doesn't really work because she NEEDS AP to be useful, much like Karma and Lux, but Lux has the obscene range and Mejai's thing, while Karma... Is Karma, she doesn't work, period.

Also because she brings no CC to the table. So if you want to play a "good" support Nidalee, you gotta play Nidalee AP, pretty much.

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #291 on: March 14, 2013, 11:24:06 PM »
Major Question Time: Support Nidalee: Why doesn't it work?

I take it its because she doesn't really work because she NEEDS AP to be useful, much like Karma and Lux, but Lux has the obscene range and Mejai's thing, while Karma... Is Karma, she doesn't work, period.

Also because she brings no CC to the table. So if you want to play a "good" support Nidalee, you gotta play Nidalee AP, pretty much.

support nidalee is nothing past laning phase

additionally her laning phase is countered by standing behind creep

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #292 on: March 14, 2013, 11:32:46 PM »
support nidalee is nothing past laning phase

additionally her laning phase is countered by standing behind creep

Bahaha. Completely forgot about THAT glaring weakness.

I'm having an argument with a Nidalee main that says she's a completely viable support, and to make her viable you need to build AP.

He's kinda forgetting that if you do that you're kinda doing AP Nidalee, not Support Nidalee.

Oh well, I'll finish off my arguments with that, thanks Ryuu, btw, I dropped your name in that argument, right after "I learn from the best". Here, have that ego boost.

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #293 on: March 15, 2013, 01:16:55 AM »
Bahaha. Completely forgot about THAT glaring weakness.

I'm having an argument with a Nidalee main that says she's a completely viable support, and to make her viable you need to build AP.

He's kinda forgetting that if you do that you're kinda doing AP Nidalee, not Support Nidalee.

Oh well, I'll finish off my arguments with that, thanks Ryuu, btw, I dropped your name in that argument, right after "I learn from the best". Here, have that ego boost.

she can do the mejais thing, yeah, but where with support lux you get some burst AND good utility, nidalee only has burst. if you're building ap on her, you might as well just play ap nidalee, yeah

also my ego is already overpoweringly massive

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
« Reply #294 on: March 15, 2013, 10:16:37 PM »
So. Karma.

I'm kinda sad that the tripwire effect is gone, since that was such a unique aspect of her, but considering that that was the most problematic aspect of her in terms of being useless unless your team knows hot to use it, I can see why they did away with it.

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #295 on: March 15, 2013, 10:20:46 PM »
they could use it more on a hecarim-like initiation ult on a tank, where they throw out a clothesline and charge forward into the enemy team

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #296 on: March 15, 2013, 10:33:59 PM »
Karmageddon is coming.

Also hello, Zac.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #297 on: March 15, 2013, 10:44:03 PM »
I am so insta-buying Zac. That kit seems perfect for my playstyle as a jungler.

Also lol @ 'Karma is a bad support still' threads. Karma ISN'T A SUPPORT ANYMORE.

Also her sheild is on such steroids now it's hilarious. I would not be shocked if that was completely broken unless the AP ratio is toned down significantly.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #298 on: March 15, 2013, 10:46:45 PM »
oh god it's FLUBBER

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
« Reply #299 on: March 15, 2013, 11:00:46 PM »
HERO KID BUU