Author Topic: League of Legends Thread 10 - Threads...threads are truly outrageous.  (Read 225659 times)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Re: League of Legends Thread 10 - Threads...threads are truly outrageous.
« Reply #240 on: March 04, 2013, 11:05:43 PM »
Oh wait Sheen isn't procced by Hurricane because it's consumed by the first hit.

Derp.

Or more exactly, whichever attack hits first triggers Sheen and consumes the buff.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
Re: League of Legends Thread 10 - just build a damn Warmog's
« Reply #241 on: March 04, 2013, 11:20:54 PM »
e: also with Warmog's nerf and new BotRK we needed a new thread title

also ironic that you post this when warmogs meta is likely coming to a close

...say, from a balance perspective, is there a reason not to make Lulu's passive on-hit instead? Hurricane is not an earlygame item, it would not strengthen Lulu's earlygame. It simply would make her more relevant lategame. Support lulu would be affected only if another team-member builds hurricane, which rarely happens.
Maybe it would make her too good at splitpushing, considering how good Lulu is at running away, but then again, that hasn't made Teemo op, either.

Otherwise I could see only Pix's animation being a concern...

it would give her a lot of confusing power she doesn't really need. things like ezreal q would start proccing pix, which would be conflicting with how players are taught how lulu's passive works(ie only on autos). in terms of pure balance, i don't see it being all that problematic, but in terms of the game overall, i think it'd be really strange. it would definitely make learning about lulu difficult for her enemies(do those shots activate on autos or spells idgi???????? and such)

i think there might also be some technical issues. iirc, on-hit stuff is calculated and activated quite literally on hit, but on-attack is calculated when the attack takes place. so, using ezreal's q as an example again, ezreal would q, the spell would hit, and THEN pix would fire shots. currently, pix fires shots as soon as the auto is completed, regardless of whether or not the projectile is still in the air.

Oh wait Sheen isn't procced by Hurricane because it's consumed by the first hit.

Derp.

Or more exactly, whichever attack hits first triggers Sheen and consumes the buff.

i'm pretty sure sheen and stuff is supposed to only apply on the enemy the player is targeting with their attack. so if i had sheen and hurricane, and i clicked on shen standing next to two creep, the sheen proc should only apply to shen and not the two creep regardless of their distance.

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
Re: League of Legends Thread 10 - just build a damn Warmog's
« Reply #242 on: March 04, 2013, 11:36:15 PM »
it would give her a lot of confusing power she doesn't really need. things like ezreal q would start proccing pix, which would be conflicting with how players are taught how lulu's passive works(ie only on autos). in terms of pure balance, i don't see it being all that problematic, but in terms of the game overall, i think it'd be really strange. it would definitely make learning about lulu difficult for her enemies(do those shots activate on autos or spells idgi???????? and such)

i think there might also be some technical issues. iirc, on-hit stuff is calculated and activated quite literally on hit, but on-attack is calculated when the attack takes place. so, using ezreal's q as an example again, ezreal would q, the spell would hit, and THEN pix would fire shots. currently, pix fires shots as soon as the auto is completed, regardless of whether or not the projectile is still in the air.
Hmm, that makes sense. I guess they could add -another- extra clause to the code of hurricane, but they don't really have any incentive to do that, since they don't really care about the viability of AS lulu as long as she is a strong support pick, from what I gather. Oh well.  :derp:
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #243 on: March 04, 2013, 11:53:37 PM »
Which also leads me to ask, why exactly can Vi have stacks of Denting Blows on multiple targets, while Vayne cannot do the same with Silver Bolts? Especially considering both passives are so similar.

Or would a Hurricane-wielding Vayne be too broken like that? It's just right now, I can't see myself building Hurricane on any character who isn't caitlyn or Teemo.

Also, from League of Cleavers, to League of Warmogs, to League of the Ruined King. Me and friends had a running gag of the "League of Black Warmog's" where we'd all build Cleavers and Warmogs. I guess now we'll change it to "League of Black Ruined Warmogs" where we all build BotRK, BC and Warmog's, and become the ultimate broken team.

We might as well all pick up Mercury threads and make an all-bruiser team, I mean, with warmog's tankyness, % damage on BotRK and the armor shred on BC, I don't think anything could possibly stop us from wrecking face.

Total Item Cost is about 9600 with boots, which quite frankly, isn't that bad. We might as well make the last two items be Guardian Angels and Wit's End for a 13k~14k gold build that wrecks more face than you can shake a stick at, sustain, tankyness, armor shred, magic damage, attack speed and if we somehow die, we come right back up and get pentas.

Somehow, this feels a lot more ridiculous than it sounds.

And all of this is not counting Taric's OP state right now.

Okay Riot, I appreciate you being such a player-centered company, but quite honestly, what the fuck are you thinking?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 12:02:16 AM by Sacchi Kuroi »

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
« Reply #244 on: March 04, 2013, 11:59:07 PM »
Which also leads me to ask, why exactly can Vi have stacks of Denting Blows on multiple targets, while Vayne cannot do the same with Silver Bolts? Especially considering both passives are so similar.

Or would a Hurricane-wielding Vayne be too broken like that? It's just right now, I can't see myself building Hurricane on any character who isn't caitlyn or Teemo.
Varus for multi-blighting. But yeah, I think that's about it.

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #245 on: March 05, 2013, 12:07:02 AM »

because vayne's playstyle is centered around autos and taking down a single target whereas vi's playstyle is designed to be more team distruptive. vayne is supposed to position and annihilate one target whereas vi is supposed to explode through teams and wreak havoc. for this reason(and other reasons such as her combo's flow), denting blows also applies on spells. since it applies on spells, it also needs to apply to multiple targets since all of her spells have some sort of aoe nature

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #246 on: March 05, 2013, 12:09:37 AM »
Varus for multi-blighting. But yeah, I think that's about it.
Or Kayle. Especially AP Kayle. Hurricane bolts does carry the bonus magical damage to main target from Righteous Fury, which somehow stacks with the splash. So if an enemy takes both the splash from main hit AND a bolt, that'd be 120 + 80% her AP + 40% her AD as magic damage, and an extra 10 + 50% AD phys damage from Hurricane at rank 5 Righteous Fury, and that's not counting the passive (though new meta is HP stacking so that shouldn't matter too much). That's a total of 130 + 80% AP + 90% AD, which HURTS. Glorious days of old Kayle passive, anyone?
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki, if both of us ended up as mafia
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- I would be so angry
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- that I will snap and give into my rage

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #247 on: March 05, 2013, 12:26:22 AM »
hp stacking meta is over though

warmogs nerfed several billion times and tons of % hp burning items

Taboo

• FLY AWAY NOW FLY AWAY NOW
  • FLY AWAAAAAAAY
« Reply #248 on: March 05, 2013, 01:38:28 AM »
IPL6 canned, statement here.

Glad I got to go to IPL5 at least, meeting people was an experience

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #249 on: March 05, 2013, 04:00:29 AM »
yay xypherous confirmed hotfix nerf for botrk

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
« Reply #250 on: March 05, 2013, 10:16:29 AM »
yay xypherous confirmed hotfix nerf for botrk
Hmm... increased cost, lower AD, Less healing from the active... So the reasons why I would want this Item on Udyr and Lulu stay intact even if the item is weaker in general.
I wonder if they are going to reduce the AD below what Cutlass gives, considering otherwise they can't cut the AD by more than 5. Counterintuitive as that seems, it would still deal more AA damage in most of the situations. Your AD-scaling abilities would get weaker, but it is an AA-item in the first place, not intended for AD casters, so that should not be a concern.

Widermelonz

• Delicious
  • Yum
« Reply #251 on: March 05, 2013, 11:24:43 AM »
omg thresh is so fun why is he so fun

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #252 on: March 05, 2013, 11:52:38 AM »
Called it, BotRK hotfix.

LCS will probobly be on the hotfix patch. Probably. Hopefully.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #253 on: March 05, 2013, 02:32:27 PM »
I wish I could play Cait like this.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #254 on: March 05, 2013, 10:09:57 PM »
The Brazillian server oficially has their own server in S?o Paulo, reducing my ping from 140 to 15, and the Tribunal was oficially released yesterday.

This is a happy day indeed.

Oh yeah, I'm also spamming punish on Tribunal, because every single case deserves it, jesus christ I had no idea players were this toxic.

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #255 on: March 05, 2013, 10:26:18 PM »
The Brazillian server oficially has their own server in S?o Paulo, reducing my ping from 140 to 15, and the Tribunal was oficially released yesterday.

This is a happy day indeed.

Oh yeah, I'm also spamming punish on Tribunal, because every single case deserves it, jesus christ I had no idea players were this toxic.

new tribunals tend to have like SUPER TOXIC players everywhere

after a few weeks it should die down

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #256 on: March 06, 2013, 01:48:57 AM »
Our MF is hyperfed?

Our MF outCS'ed me?

Our MF went to shop with 5 k at one point?

I still have about 3k more because I'm playing Bankplank, and had a full build at about 35 mins. At the point I got my 2nd major item [Warmogs] I had over 500 gold on Q and Averice Blade each, and who knows how much from my gold runes [Well, significantly over 750, seeing as A.Blade was ~550] and masteries.

Basically at about 20 mins I had over 2k gold just from passive sources/Q.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 01:51:28 AM by Raikaria »

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #257 on: March 06, 2013, 02:00:08 AM »
Our MF is hyperfed?

Our MF outCS'ed me?

Our MF went to shop with 5 k at one point?

I still have about 3k more because I'm playing Bankplank, and had a full build at about 35 mins. At the point I got my 2nd major item [Warmogs] I had over 500 gold on Q and Averice Blade each, and who knows how much from my gold runes [Well, significantly over 750, seeing as A.Blade was ~550] and masteries.

Basically at about 20 mins I had over 2k gold just from passive sources/Q.
Gogo jungle gold-sweating gp.
And while you're at it, check to see if BoRK % damage is also used to calculate crits, and if it is try to make the biggest crit possible with that + IE + Triforce :3
D'aw. Nevermind.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 02:14:17 AM by Raitaki »
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki, if both of us ended up as mafia
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- I would be so angry
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- that I will snap and give into my rage

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #258 on: March 06, 2013, 02:06:47 AM »
Gogo jungle gold-sweating gp.
And while you're at it, check to see if BoRK % damage is also used to calculate crits, and if it is try to make the biggest crit possible with that + IE + Triforce :3

BotRK damage cannot crit. When you crit you see two red numbers. This is because BotRK is an on-hit effect.

EDIT: KARMAGEDDON IS COMING
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 01:34:33 AM by Raikaria »

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #259 on: March 07, 2013, 02:39:48 AM »

EDIT: KARMAGEDDON IS COMING

I'm going to miss the fans. I liked those.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #260 on: March 07, 2013, 02:41:08 AM »
On the visual Redesign:

On one hand, Legs. On the other hand, Legs.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #262 on: March 07, 2013, 09:35:19 AM »
Karmageddon has been announced... what, 2 years ago?

I'm glad it's finally coming, Karma deserves it.

I was thinking of refunding her for Leona, then those news hit me and I was like "nope".

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #263 on: March 07, 2013, 04:33:26 PM »
I found a new desktop.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #264 on: March 07, 2013, 06:49:02 PM »
Screw botlanes that collectively go about 1/14/2 in 20 mins against a Vayne.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
« Reply #265 on: March 07, 2013, 07:14:34 PM »
Repeatedly asking the entire team to place more wards as apparently I was the only one doing that, then at about 40 minutes in our support rammus asks "What is a ward?". I actually sent that rammus a friend request after the match so that I could explain him a few things and possibly help him, but he didn't accept.  :fail:

Got fed off of early jungle ganks and teamfights, but if your team disperses rather than group up as I keep suggesting, and they get picked off alone, even with full build I can't do much as Lux.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #267 on: March 08, 2013, 12:10:43 AM »
It's so sad skarner is 6300 and I need Leona for my Support roster since she's the only support I know how to use properly.

Because I'm having so much fun with skarner.

My main build with him tends to be Boots of Mobility/Spirit of the Ancient Golem/Trinity Force, aside from that it's all situational. Last game, for example, we needed tankyness so I built a wit's end (because I needed the magic resist for a relatively fed AP teemo, plus, I needed more damage for said AP Teemo), warmog's and sunfire.

Also, last game I had a raging malphite on my team just because I didn't ult akali under his turret (My ult wasn't off cooldown at the time, and right before that, I went to the jungle to make use of skarner's passive and reduce the cooldown of his ult) I just ignored and reported.

It felt so good.

Suddenly I feel myself loving bruisers... Weird.

Now let's talk diana.

I was thinking of dropping my Assassin Diana as my main build (Crystalline Flask > Boots > Haunting Guise > Sorcs > Abyssal > Lich > Situational) and making it a 100% situational build, instead, I think I'll be doing AP Bruiser Diana from now on.

So the build I have in mind is: Crystalline Flask > Boots > Catalyst > Merc Threads/Sorcs Shoes > RoA > Zhonya's > Situational (I was thinking, Deathcap if I'm ahead and Abyssal if I'm behind, then the other option and finally a Lich Bane to finish things off.)

How does that sound? Also, for the record, my AP rune page (Aptly named "Diana") is AP Quints, MR Scaleing Blues, Magic Pen Reds and Mana Regen Yellows, sound good?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #268 on: March 08, 2013, 02:20:55 PM »
Reccomennded items added to files for ZAC and... LISSANDRA

ZAC is apparently an AP Jungler/Tank.

Lissandra is an AP caster it seems.

gammaraptor

• i won't depend on anyone anymore
« Reply #269 on: March 08, 2013, 03:26:20 PM »
Now let's talk diana.

I was thinking of dropping my Assassin Diana as my main build (Crystalline Flask > Boots > Haunting Guise > Sorcs > Abyssal > Lich > Situational) and making it a 100% situational build, instead, I think I'll be doing AP Bruiser Diana from now on.

So the build I have in mind is: Crystalline Flask > Boots > Catalyst > Merc Threads/Sorcs Shoes > RoA > Zhonya's > Situational (I was thinking, Deathcap if I'm ahead and Abyssal if I'm behind, then the other option and finally a Lich Bane to finish things off.)

How does that sound? Also, for the record, my AP rune page (Aptly named "Diana") is AP Quints, MR Scaleing Blues, Magic Pen Reds and Mana Regen Yellows, sound good?

Diana should be built situationally. Assassin Diana is pretty good if you're fed, but other than that if you don't have any tankyness, you'll die as soon as you get focused. Unlike akali who imo is the most similar champion to Diana, her CD's aren't as short and she doesn't have any innate spell vamp. I honestly like bruiser Diana a lot more.

Starting is always optional, I don't usually do crystalline flask. For your build you definitely want to rush catalyst and RoA ASAP definitely a core item. I usually finish my tier 2 boots after RoA on any AP champ I play, you should be flexible with merc treads and sorcs, Getting an early Seeker's armguard after RoA, but you don't need to upgrade it to a Zhonyas straight after, unless their AD's are fed or you're getting focused like crazy. After it's for sure situational. If you need more HP go rylais since it gives you nice utility. Tons of AP, go for abyssal, if you're straight up fed just go deathcap. And then finish up Zhonyas, and lich bane is a nice finisher. And last item is your choice, you can go GA to become absolutely unkillable haha

Runes are usually personal preference but yours should work, MPen Reds and Flat AP Quints are pretty standard, When I go mid I usually just go mana regen/level and MR per level glyphs, or AP/level
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 03:28:39 PM by gammaraptor »