Author Topic: League of Legends Thread 10 - Threads...threads are truly outrageous.  (Read 225649 times)

gammaraptor

• i won't depend on anyone anymore
Re: League of Legends Thread 10 - just build a damn Warmog's
« Reply #210 on: March 03, 2013, 04:09:15 AM »
Well I played another top Taric game, got D/C'ed for the first 9 mins, and had to lane against a Pantheon who was Lv 6 and 1-0 already.

By about 20 mins I was able to duel him. And my tower was the last to fall. I had a bad k/d/a that game because bot and mid both lost pretty hard too, and I kept getting Malphite Ulted D:

Still, nine-min freefarm and 1 kill advantage? Nah, I don't care, I'm Taric.

Now imagine if I had started even with Pantheon.

I just played against a taric top it was so gg

« Reply #211 on: March 03, 2013, 06:23:45 AM »
Just tried Taric top, unfortunately fucked up early and gave a kill to Riven because I started mana crystal/2 and went flash/barrier.

Still, end of game had 300 armor and 220 (effective) AD.

Idea for build: Iceborn Gauntlet, Frozen Heart, Muramana, Trinity Force, Ninja Tabi

And then last item either Randuin's Omen, Rod of Ages or Zhonya's Hourglass.

Thoughts?

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #212 on: March 03, 2013, 06:28:32 AM »
Just tried Taric top, unfortunately fucked up early and gave a kill to Riven because I started mana crystal/2 and went flash/barrier.

Still, end of game had 300 armor and 220 (effective) AD.

Idea for build: Iceborn Gauntlet, Frozen Heart, Muramana, Trinity Force, Ninja Tabi

And then last item either Randuin's Omen, Rod of Ages or Zhonya's Hourglass.

Thoughts?
Triforce and Gauntlet are redundant.  Muramana and Iceborn Gauntlet should be first (I actually ran zerkers with this to decent effect), then FH.  At that point you kind of need some health and MR; Abyssal and Warmog's are good to finish this one up.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #213 on: March 03, 2013, 06:33:35 AM »
Triforce and Gauntlet are redundant.  Muramana and Iceborn Gauntlet should be first (I actually ran zerkers with this to decent effect), then FH.  At that point you kind of need some health and MR; Abyssal and Warmog's are good to finish this one up.

I say Triforce and Gauntlet because Triforce gives a lot of stats that being an autoattacking AP tank, you'd like. Mana for passive, AD, AP, AS since you don't have any else, (crit wasted), movespeed, (somewhat redundant slow, though I'm pretty sure they stack so it's not a waste) and spellblade.

Alternatively, kinda forgot, Lich Bane?

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #214 on: March 03, 2013, 07:04:28 AM »
Is building damage on Taric top not cool. I like armguard and Haunting Guise personally. I really like Haunting guise on my tops actually. I like it on Kennen more than the usual revolver rush, though I think I need to test it more. I should play top and mid more often.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #215 on: March 03, 2013, 07:08:49 AM »
I say Triforce and Gauntlet because Triforce gives a lot of stats that being an autoattacking AP tank, you'd like. Mana for passive, AD, AP, AS since you don't have any else, (crit wasted), movespeed, (somewhat redundant slow, though I'm pretty sure they stack so it's not a waste) and spellblade.

Alternatively, kinda forgot, Lich Bane?
I'd say swap Triforce with something situational, like Ruined King if the enemy tank is stacking a ton of HP. Triforce, Lich Bane and Gauntlet all have the same unique passive, only with slightly different effects, so only 1 of them will take effect at a time.
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki, if both of us ended up as mafia
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- I would be so angry
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- that I will snap and give into my rage

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #216 on: March 03, 2013, 07:56:33 AM »
Is building damage on Taric top not cool. I like armguard and Haunting Guise personally. I really like Haunting guise on my tops actually. I like it on Kennen more than the usual revolver rush, though I think I need to test it more. I should play top and mid more often.

building mana IS building damage on taric

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #217 on: March 03, 2013, 09:01:40 AM »
Is there a reason not to build at least one attackspeed item, like, idk, Wit's end which also gives MR? if you deal damage equal to 6% of total + 6% of current mana + other things, that almost seems like not too bad an idea. It also gives you faster heals. :derp:
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

« Reply #218 on: March 03, 2013, 11:09:44 AM »
Oops, knew there was a reason I didn't originally suggest Lich Bane. Played a few more games, got revenge on a Riven getting lv 1 first blood. Late game, found Ashe, stun, she cleanse, w aa r aa she died. God damn, Taric's burst.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #219 on: March 03, 2013, 06:10:21 PM »
Ocelote blindly picks Kassidin. Ends up hard countered, half Alex Ich's Cs, and Alex is left beating at Mid Teir 2 for 1.5 mins about 12 mins in the game.

I wonder who Ocelote will bench/kick to protect his ego after that... he has a tenancy to do that not long after he makes a huge fail.

That said, pretty much all of SK failed, they had horrible CS, Hrqubot never ganked...

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

theshirn

« Reply #220 on: March 03, 2013, 06:18:34 PM »
Picked Taric top in blind pick.  The enemy team runs a Xin/Wukong double top who also invade our blue and kill our Vi for FB, then kill me when they get to lane. :(  At one point I'm 1/7/2 because they murder me every time I show my face, constant dives, etc.

End 9/10/17.  Taric is kind of ridiculous with gold now.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #221 on: March 03, 2013, 07:13:04 PM »
Normally, a Soraka lane wouldn't be able to keep up with a Draven and a Sona harassing whenever someone goes to CS.

So how about we just throw in an AP Nidalee for double the heals!

EDIT: Giants: We can't let Froggen have his mains.

Then they don't ban Aniva.

EDIT2: It seems the way to beat Froggeniva is to not fight Froggeniva, it's to fight EVERYONE ELSE [And camp Wickd as per usual]
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 10:09:56 PM by Raikaria »

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
« Reply #222 on: March 03, 2013, 11:47:50 PM »
ADD ME TO LIST
summoner name: Infinnacage
NA and EUW.

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #223 on: March 04, 2013, 06:29:51 AM »
build bork on everyone

it's so broken

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #224 on: March 04, 2013, 06:47:00 AM »
build bork on everyone

it's so broken
^
Why the hell did they put AS on it? D:
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #225 on: March 04, 2013, 11:34:58 AM »
Botrk is pretty much a better and cheaper BT right now. It's also completely broken. Especially with the hp meta. Combine that with vayne buffs and suddenly i'm wrecking face harder than ever, and they didn't even buff vayne's AS. This is pretty ridiculous.

gammaraptor

« Reply #226 on: March 04, 2013, 01:42:38 PM »
Botrk is pretty much a better and cheaper BT right now. It's also completely broken. Especially with the hp meta. Combine that with vayne buffs and suddenly i'm wrecking face harder than ever, and they didn't even buff vayne's AS. This is pretty ridiculous.

Yeah they either have to nerf the attack speed, bring the %hp to 4% or go back to the drawing board. It's also pretty crazy on vi. or if you get hurricane it's also ridiculous on any adc, especially vayne

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #227 on: March 04, 2013, 02:14:28 PM »
Yeah they either have to nerf the attack speed, bring the %hp to 4% or go back to the drawing board. It's also pretty crazy on vi. or if you get hurricane it's also ridiculous on any adc, especially vayne

It's basically zany on anyone who autoattacks.

Had a Wukong running for his life against my On-Hit Lulu who rushed BotRK and 2 levels behind me.
Snowballed like mad on Nocturne when I rushed BotRK after Razor.

Unfortunately too heavy to carry syndrome kicked in those games. Seriously why would you pick Vlad when we need an ADC, and then moan about how Quinn is shredding us, while making our bot lane Lee Sin/Sona?

Just to put new BotRK into perspective:

More Lifesteal than a non-stacked BT
AS and AD, which is multiplicative better than BT
The Tank Shredding bonus damage
Kite abilty with active
Burst heal with active [By the way the heal is the base damage not the post-armor damage. So you heal 15% of the target's max HP, nomatter what]
DFG Equivalent with active [15% max HP damage, and let's face it slow+haste+heal means you'll do more damage since you can stick more and live longer, so that's the Doom effect DFG gives for all intents and purposes]

Riot seriously did not think this through. The fact it's a DFG that heals you for the same amount, while slowing them and hasting you is insane ALONE. That's before you get to the insane LS, tank shredding, and multiplier factor.

Hell, this thing is Gold-Efficient before you account for EITHER passive. And the active alone is massive.

This is an item that is broken on the levels of Release Xin/Le Blanc/Zyra. Doubt we'll get a hotfix like Zyra did, although for LCS purposes that might happen.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 02:22:30 PM by Raikaria »

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #228 on: March 04, 2013, 02:18:24 PM »

Runaans doesn't work with Silver Bolts though.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

gammaraptor

« Reply #229 on: March 04, 2013, 03:06:35 PM »
Runaans doesn't work with Silver Bolts though.

I know, but multitarget 5%hp is still crazy. The only way to really counter botrk is randuin's, but honestly if you just build a black cleaver or last whisper.

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #230 on: March 04, 2013, 03:30:19 PM »
> AS BoTRK + Runaan Kayle
You stand there clearing minion eaves and suddenly the whole enemy team is dying from hurricane

« Reply #231 on: March 04, 2013, 05:42:42 PM »
It's basically zany on anyone who autoattacks.

Had a Wukong running for his life against my On-Hit Lulu who rushed BotRK and 2 levels behind me.
Snowballed like mad on Nocturne when I rushed BotRK after Razor.

Unfortunately too heavy to carry syndrome kicked in those games. Seriously why would you pick Vlad when we need an ADC, and then moan about how Quinn is shredding us, while making our bot lane Lee Sin/Sona?

those were some crazy games, still scared that we were ahead for most of the AD lulu, soraka mid, lux jungle game. why did draven have to feed so much.

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #232 on: March 04, 2013, 08:55:49 PM »
This is an item that is broken on the levels of Release Xin/Le Blanc/Zyra. Doubt we'll get a hotfix like Zyra did, although for LCS purposes that might happen.

league of the ruined king

i'm literally just not playing until it's taken care of. don't feel like going through league of cleavers again

also lcs and other tournaments are typically x patches behind to avoid issues like this

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
« Reply #233 on: March 04, 2013, 09:15:28 PM »
So I just had a thought. Twitch's ult doesn't work with hurricane, does it? Because it seems like that would be absolutely ridiculous...

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #234 on: March 04, 2013, 10:02:29 PM »
league of the ruined king

i'm literally just not playing until it's taken care of. don't feel like going through league of cleavers again

also lcs and other tournaments are typically x patches behind to avoid issues like this

LCS is one or two weeks behind, can't recall how many. They were playing on the live patch last week.

Last major tourny where was something super-broken [Zyra], all of them played on the Zyras Hotfix patch instead.

As for Spray and Pray, no, the minor bolts do not pass through. Spray and Pray is an on-attack effect, not an on-hit effect. On-attack effects include Silver Bolts, Sheen, Righteous Fury's AoE, and Spray and Pray.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 10:04:56 PM by Raikaria »

theshirn

« Reply #235 on: March 04, 2013, 10:08:23 PM »
Actually, Silver Bolts is an on-hit effect.  They had to code a specific exception for Silver Bolts, as it only tracks one target at a time, meaning a Vayne with a Hurricane could never get three stacks on one target if there were secondary bolts firing.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
« Reply #236 on: March 04, 2013, 10:24:30 PM »
not pass through. Spray and Pray is an on-attack effect, not an on-hit effect. On-attack effects include Silver Bolts, Sheen, Righteous Fury's AoE, and Spray and Pray.
...doesn't sheen etc work with Ezreal's Q and would thus be an on-hit?

Also I wish Lulu's passive was on-hit, not on-attack. I want my tri-barrel glitter machinegun.

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #237 on: March 04, 2013, 10:47:37 PM »
...doesn't sheen etc work with Ezreal's Q and would thus be an on-hit?
yes

theshirn

« Reply #238 on: March 04, 2013, 10:49:49 PM »
The thing is that Hurricane was extremely confusing.  Basically, the way it works is if the effect applies on every attack (ex: Toxic Shot), Hurricane's minor bolts will apply it; otherwise, they will not.  Exceptions include things like Silver Bolts and the splash effect from Righteous Fury.

e: also with Warmog's nerf and new BotRK we needed a new thread title

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
« Reply #239 on: March 04, 2013, 10:57:37 PM »
yes
...say, from a balance perspective, is there a reason not to make Lulu's passive on-hit instead? Hurricane is not an earlygame item, it would not strengthen Lulu's earlygame. It simply would make her more relevant lategame. Support lulu would be affected only if another team-member builds hurricane, which rarely happens.
Maybe it would make her too good at splitpushing, considering how good Lulu is at running away, but then again, that hasn't made Teemo op, either.

Otherwise I could see only Pix's animation being a concern...