Author Topic: League of Legends Thread 10 - Threads...threads are truly outrageous.  (Read 225699 times)

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Re: League of Legends Thread 10 - just build a damn Warmog's
« Reply #150 on: February 26, 2013, 05:55:22 AM »
I only play like Ahri and Lulu on a regular basis anymore. Everything else is generally not so common and ussually a one of typically

Swiftwater

• Licking sweet bean paste, filled with sweet bean paste!!
  • You can even taste it on the outside...
« Reply #151 on: February 26, 2013, 02:24:43 PM »
Talk about AP Trynd.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #152 on: February 27, 2013, 12:26:37 AM »
Talk about AP Trynd.

Why? He's getting his heal killed next patch anyway.

You know, because Morello saw there was sustain in the game.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #153 on: February 27, 2013, 12:32:32 AM »
Why? He's getting his heal killed next patch anyway.

You know, because Morello saw there was sustain in the game.

are you trolling or do you actually pay that little attention

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #154 on: February 27, 2013, 03:11:21 AM »
Husbando bought me Kennen for my birthday :V
I had fun with him but man I go down pretty fast and I don't really know what to do other than fly around and try to zap people without dying.  Is there anything major I am missing?

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #155 on: February 27, 2013, 03:29:08 AM »
The only bit of advice I know about Kennen was relevant back when Maokai was new, and I'm sure the spirit of it hasn't changed much sense then:

Kennen should be fearless, but not reckless. Get in, spread lightning, get out, nail chasers with shurikens.

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #156 on: February 27, 2013, 04:43:21 AM »
Husbando bought me Kennen for my birthday :V
I had fun with him but man I go down pretty fast and I don't really know what to do other than fly around and try to zap people without dying.  Is there anything major I am missing?
I happen to be an expert on this particular subject! Well okay, not an expert, but I'm still a seasoned Kennen player. I just really wanted to use that phrase.

Alright, laning phase: You'll usually spot Kennen going either top or mid. I hear he's more of a top champ, and even then not very common, but I always play him mid. You could also try playing AD Kennen down bot lane if you're insane and short on other ADCs, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Wherever you're going, what I want you to remember is your Q is a fine poking tool, especially combined with your W passive and active. Since each hit from a skill of his gives the recipient of the blow a Mark of the Storm, you can constantly scare the crap out of your opponent with two of those puppies. My recommendation, though? Never throw in the third mark unless you know you can get the kill. Yeah, I know the stun also comes with an extra little damage, but I'm a kill-greedy bastard, especially after this one game with some guildmates... Not a single kill, man... :<

But since you're starting out, I recommend focusing on farming and getting used to Kennen's AA first, so you can last-hit competently. Use your Q for those last hits as well, but make sure you're still a threat to your enemy, One thing I don't recommend doing during the laning phase, though, is zipping through the entire minion wave with your E and zapping them down with your W active. Sounds like a cool idea, yeah, but you won't get the last hits on quite a few of those minions. Great for the late-game when you find yourself split-pushing or solo farming, though.

Kennen's big advantage, alongside the other ninjas and whatever other energy users there are, is that his energy bar allows him to stay in lane longer and harass harder, which means more farm, better kill possibilities, and an overall pain in the healthbar for your lane enemy. Granted, because it's a smaller and un-upgradable version of the usual mana bar that recharges at a static rate of 10 energy/s, he becomes pretty useless in teamfights after his initial burst and a few spells after that. Always be careful about how much energy you have in a teamfight. Jump into the fray after the initate with your E and ult to stun as many of the enemies as you can, then get to taking down the ADC and other frail targets with your Q and AA with the rest of your team. If you can, jump out of the fight after your burst and take down the stragglers from behind your melee friends with your Q and AA.

If there's something I missed or what you wanna know specifically, I can try to answer any questions you've got.

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

Widermelonz

• Delicious
  • Yum
« Reply #157 on: February 27, 2013, 04:56:18 AM »
i just started playing this game holy fuck how do i kill garen

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #158 on: February 27, 2013, 05:00:35 AM »
i just started playing this game holy fuck how do i kill garen
you wait until next patch when they nerf all of his free resistances

EDIT: OMG IS THAT WHITE GLINT IN YOUR SIG

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #159 on: February 27, 2013, 05:18:52 AM »
So I tried a few matches of Twisted Treeline today.

PANTHEONS EVERYWHERE. Between his jump, stun, shield, ult and wave clears, there was no escape. D: D: D: D: And they thought us flashers were bad and wanted to widen walls to nerf us. :\

In other news, apparently TT was designed to be completely and utterly uninhabitable to any non-tank AP champs without either sustain (those with sustain still spend most of their time running out of people's range in teamfights anyway) or long range (i.e. everyone who is not Ziggs or Cass). It doesn't matter who's ganking who, being a squishy in a freaking map with bunches of twist and turns and places for people to jump out of does wonders to shorten your lifespan, even if you're Kassadin trying to gank people with your flashult :\
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki, if both of us ended up as mafia
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- I would be so angry
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- that I will snap and give into my rage

Jam-Kiske

• i am not witty
« Reply #160 on: February 27, 2013, 06:19:35 AM »
So if I'm going to contribute to the "who do you play" discussion.

Support Sona
That is literally all gosh I keep saying I need to play not support but haha I'm too afraid to do it without someone holding my hand which I'll probably never get cuz I don't think any of my irl friends who are any good know how to do anything beyond make someone feel bad when they're not good, much less give constructive criticism.

Also I used to play Nami occasionally I guess (still support, surprise)

If I end up not support I tend to play MF cuz I'm really cool obviously.

« Reply #161 on: February 27, 2013, 06:31:11 AM »
sona da bes

u dun need any other champ

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #162 on: February 27, 2013, 06:34:07 AM »
Oh, right. The roster thing.
I kind of blew a lot of IP on runes, so I don't really own many champs :V Guess I'll just list both the ones I have and the ones I would rather grab from free rotation whenever they pop up.

Mid: Kassassin (not a typo), Kog Maw (if team is particularly dumb), Cho Gath, (Veigar), (Xerath), Fiddles
Bot: Kassassin, Kayle, Kog Maw, (Teemo), (Zyra), Ryze
Top: Gangplank, Kayle, (Kassassin) (only if team lacks AP or it's draft and I see other team getting lots of AP), (Urgot), (Kog Maw), Cho Gath, Ryze, (Fiddles)
Jungle: what jungle? :3
Support: Sona. I avoid support, since I have bad map awareness and am not well-versed in game theory enough to pick a good build. In Normal I'd pick any support if people ask for one to practice, but I've found Sona to be particularly easy to play, and she can get by decently with a bit AP mixed in too.
Tank: Urgh. Gangplank (kind of like tanky DPS, not a real tank), (Rammus), (Urgot)

TT AD: Gangplank or (Teemo). Although I'd also play other champs for practice.
TT AP: Ryze, Kassassin.

PG: I'd always ask for an AP champ, or at least a ranged AD. Xerath or Kassassin is preferred. Xerath rapes PG.
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki, if both of us ended up as mafia
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- I would be so angry
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- that I will snap and give into my rage

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #163 on: February 27, 2013, 06:45:17 AM »
So if I'm going to contribute to the "who do you play" discussion.

Support Sona
That is literally all gosh I keep saying I need to play not support but haha I'm too afraid to do it without someone holding my hand which I'll probably never get cuz I don't think any of my irl friends who are any good know how to do anything beyond make someone feel bad when they're not good, much less give constructive criticism.

Also I used to play Nami occasionally I guess (still support, surprise)

If I end up not support I tend to play MF cuz I'm really cool obviously.

playing support well is one of the harder things to do in this game, so doing good there means you should be okay in other roles(once you get used to last hitting)

Smashy

• :V tank
  • ᕦ(? Д?)ᕤ
« Reply #164 on: February 27, 2013, 02:32:41 PM »
Friendly reminder for all LCS watchers that they're doing games today.

A lot of them.  12 today, to be exact, with the next two days being the standard 4 games.  First up will be a rematch of last week, where Vulcun started their 3-game winning streak at the expense of CLG, and now want to make it a 4-game win streak.  At the expense of CLG.

http://na.lolesports.com/season3/split1/matches/4 for the rest of the games.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #165 on: February 27, 2013, 06:10:34 PM »
Friendly reminder for all LCS watchers that they're doing games today.

A lot of them.  12 today, to be exact, with the next two days being the standard 4 games.  First up will be a rematch of last week, where Vulcun started their 3-game winning streak at the expense of CLG, and now want to make it a 4-game win streak.  At the expense of CLG.

http://na.lolesports.com/season3/split1/matches/4 for the rest of the games.

Thanks for that info, I wondered what was going on with the LCS in this superweek.

are you trolling or do you actually pay that little attention

I don't play Tryndamere, I'm just going by what everyone who does play Tryndamere is saying about it, and it's all doom and gloom and 'Morello hates Sustain', at least on EUW.

Although 'Morello hates sustain' is true. There's a reason why Soraka is almost useless atm, especially at low levels, and the item named after him inflicts Grievous Wounds, as well as the one champion he helped make being most commonly played as a support who has no sustain mechanic whatsoever. [Zyra]
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 06:12:57 PM by Raikaria »

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #166 on: February 27, 2013, 06:31:48 PM »
The nerf to AP Tryndamere, if you can even call it that, is extremely simple.  Instead of the AP ratio on his heal being completely frontloaded, it's now spaced out per fury.

The reason AP Tryndamere is stupid, and the reason it is being nerfed, is because it recovers all his health on a stupidly low CD with no downside or effort involved.  Testing on the PBE, last I checked, still has the heal restore 1.5AP, but only at max Fury.  This requires AP Tryndamere to...you know...actually use his resource instead of just being a splitpushing uncatchable unkillable asshat with peerless sustain for no tradeoffs.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Smashy

• ᕦ(? Д?)ᕤ
« Reply #167 on: February 27, 2013, 07:02:54 PM »
Condensed version: He can splitpush forever and is nearly impossible to kill 1v1.

Longer version: Nashor's+CDR boots+Masteries= 7 second 1.5 ratio no resource heal, and 5 second potentially lower waveclear, and if things truly go bad he still has ult.  I think the lack of resources pushes it over the top because if you send one person after him you might almost kill him but he'll be back up to full or near it by the time the next wave arrives, and E goes through walls so it's hard to actually pin him down.  And then he grabs a Deathcap and Lichbane and suddenly he's actually able to fight people 1v1 with the 1:1 AP ratio E and Lichbane procs.

Yes, his direct teamfighting is trash, but when he winds up being able to 1v1 most champs through pure attrition while grinding down towers because his AP core contains aspd too...

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Also what he said

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #168 on: February 27, 2013, 07:07:12 PM »
Yes, I know that, but AP Tryndamere dosen't manage his fury. He dosen't really AA all that much to build it, all he will do is:

Spin -> Get fury for killing units -> Heal because otherwise it would all decay.

Smashy

• ᕦ(? Д?)ᕤ
« Reply #169 on: February 27, 2013, 07:24:36 PM »
The problem is currently he doesn't need to.  The bonus heal from fury isn't too big compared to what he gets from AP (Nashor's+Deathcap+Lichbane+runes/masteries is 600+ HP heals every 7 seconds, 100 fury only gives like 230 extra HP at max rank and that's not even maxed first) and most of his AP damage comes from spinning, smacking you with the lichbane proc, and if any crits happen he gets another quick spin+lichbane smack.

And again, no resources. Which if I had to guess is the dealbreaker because AP Nidalee also has heals and is stupidly hard to catch but at least she'll OOM eventually.

EDIT: Dat Xerath.

CLG>Vulcan, off of Vayne grabbing the first 3 kills and CLG just becoming too damaging midgame

And now, PRO PLAY TRYNDAMERE  :munch:
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 08:11:35 PM by Smashy »

« Reply #170 on: February 27, 2013, 08:37:30 PM »
The problem is currently he doesn't need to.  The bonus heal from fury isn't too big compared to what he gets from AP (Nashor's+Deathcap+Lichbane+runes/masteries is 600+ HP heals every 7 seconds, 100 fury only gives like 230 extra HP at max rank and that's not even maxed first) and most of his AP damage comes from spinning, smacking you with the lichbane proc, and if any crits happen he gets another quick spin+lichbane smack.

And again, no resources. Which if I had to guess is the dealbreaker because AP Nidalee also has heals and is stupidly hard to catch but at least she'll OOM eventually.

EDIT: Dat Xerath.

CLG>Vulcan, off of Vayne grabbing the first 3 kills and CLG just becoming too damaging midgame

And now, PRO PLAY TRYNDAMERE  :munch:
Voyboy is gonna get every top champ nerfed

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #171 on: February 27, 2013, 08:39:14 PM »
'It's two deathcaps to one right now..'

'Wait Voyboy?'

'He just brought that out of nowhere...'

Voyboy, buying Deathcaps right up. I find that amusing.

EDIT: Nm, he had a NLR.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 08:48:31 PM by Raikaria »

Smashy

• ᕦ(? Д?)ᕤ
« Reply #172 on: February 27, 2013, 08:51:35 PM »
I... thought he was sitting on a NLR for a while.

But yeah, officially Curse>MRN.  Nidalee spears less effective when the champ catching them sustains that well.  AP Trynd counterpick to AP Nidalee activate?

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #173 on: February 27, 2013, 09:13:08 PM »
AP Trynd counterpick to AP Nidalee activate?
this is the best argument to date for keeping AP tryn as-is

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Taboo

• FLY AWAY NOW FLY AWAY NOW
  • FLY AWAAAAAAAY
« Reply #174 on: February 27, 2013, 09:23:49 PM »
AP Nidalee really only works mid and bot
in top lane bruiser is so, so, so, so so so so so so so much better. sunfire cape spirit visage GA and then whatever else you need, split-push like a god

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #175 on: February 27, 2013, 10:53:29 PM »
I don't play Tryndamere, I'm just going by what everyone who does play Tryndamere is saying about it, and it's all doom and gloom and 'Morello hates Sustain', at least on EUW.

on top of what shim said

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=34908022#34908022 look a diamond rioter explains the problems with it

Although 'Morello hates sustain' is true. There's a reason why Soraka is almost useless atm, especially at low levels,

rofl soraka isn't useless. she's still pretty decent.

as well as the one champion he helped make being most commonly played as a support who has no sustain mechanic whatsoever. [Zyra]

support zyra was more emergent gameplay than it was intentional design.  saying MORELLO HATES SUSTAIN SO HE MADE ZYRA is like saying ironstylus hates sustain so he made leona

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #176 on: February 28, 2013, 12:46:52 AM »
Soraka is decent once she has some levels, CDR, and her Ult. At low levels she has massive cooldowns, low effects, no c.c except a very short silence, no kill potential, and no escapes or disengages.

Soraka's pre 6 is pretty awful, especially before she has QW and E. Any decent lane foe will take advantage of Soraka's rubbish early, and either zone your carry because they are effectively 2v1 for those 20 seconds Astral Blessing is on cooldown, or outright kill them or Soraka. There's a reason she's not picked anymore. Not to mention 70 HP is gone in one ability. Lulu can fire three Glitterlances in the time Soraka can heal once. At rank 1 it is 80 base damage. That's putting how bad Soraka's early sustain is into concept. In the time Soraka can heal 70 HP, Lulu can put out 240 damage, and that's not counting AA follow up after the slow.

Soraka is good later, when her cooldowns are lower, her heals are bigger, and her buffs larger.

Although it's worth mentioning in this HP meta, a 350 heal isn't a 'big' as it used to be. 350 when you're rocking 3,500 HP and have few resists isn't as *big* as a 350 when you're at 2,000 max and have more resistances.

Although more HP makes her passive technically give more EHP, and her armor buff also technically 'stronger' for it's duration.

Right now Soraka is honestly in a pretty bad way. The most common ADC's don't have [many] magic damage abilities, which is mitigated by her passive, and have enough burst on a short enough cooldown to completely overwhelm her healing. Miss Fortune outright gives her a middle finger with Impure Shots.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 12:54:30 AM by Raikaria »

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #178 on: February 28, 2013, 01:14:37 AM »
Soraka is decent once she has some levels, CDR, and her Ult. At low levels she has massive cooldowns, low effects, no c.c except a very short silence, no kill potential, and no escapes or disengages.

Soraka's pre 6 is pretty awful, especially before she has QW and E. Any decent lane foe will take advantage of Soraka's rubbish early, and either zone your carry because they are effectively 2v1 for those 20 seconds Astral Blessing is on cooldown, or outright kill them or Soraka.

once again you show your trend of incorrect estimations. it is incredibly difficult to 100-0 someone pre-6 bot lane. soraka is a defensive support, so your carry should position defensively. this makes it harder for the enemy to apply a lot of damage, and then when they DO actually do damage, you just heal it back up. during your w cd, they can farm with spells and you can enable that by giving them free mana.

There's a reason she's not picked anymore.

because the state of mobility, jungle money, new items, and strong champions have mixed together to create a hyper aggressive turret push meta in which soraka does not fit very well. soraka not being picked has little to do with soraka and more the role she fills.

Not to mention 70 HP is gone in one ability. Lulu can fire three Glitterlances in the time Soraka can heal once. At rank 1 it is 80 base damage. That's putting how bad Soraka's early sustain is into concept. In the time Soraka can heal 70 HP, Lulu can put out 240 damage, and that's not counting AA follow up after the slow.

there are so many fallacies in this statement, including ignoring time, ignoring level growth, ignoring positioning, ignoring spell level order, ignoring mana costs and so forth. i don't even know where to begin.

Soraka is good later, when her cooldowns are lower, her heals are bigger, and her buffs larger.

soraka is actually less useful after laning phase due to the nature of ap largely being frontloaded burst and the risk required to apply starcall stacks

Although it's worth mentioning in this HP meta, a 350 heal isn't a 'big' as it used to be. 350 when you're rocking 3,500 HP and have few resists isn't as *big* as a 350 when you're at 2,000 max and have more resistances.

you are totally ignoring the MASSIVE ARMOR BUFF on her heal, which is really her largest contribution late game imo. said armor buff is even better now that hp stacking is a thing--resists are less common and more expensive overall, so soraka got indirectly buffed to some degree by the changes

Although more HP makes her passive technically give more EHP, and her armor buff also technically 'stronger' for it's duration.

idk why you're saying technically when soraka standing around does make hp more effective

Right now Soraka is honestly in a pretty bad way. The most common ADC's don't have [many] magic damage abilities, which is mitigated by her passive, and have enough burst on a short enough cooldown to completely overwhelm her healing. Miss Fortune outright gives her a middle finger with Impure Shots.

you are playing soraka wrong and ignoring that supports deal primarily magic damage

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #179 on: February 28, 2013, 03:06:23 AM »
there are so many fallacies in this statement, including ignoring time, ignoring level growth, ignoring positioning, ignoring spell level order, ignoring mana costs and so forth. i don't even know where to begin.

soraka is actually less useful after laning phase due to the nature of ap largely being frontloaded burst and the risk required to apply starcall stacks

you are totally ignoring the MASSIVE ARMOR BUFF on her heal, which is really her largest contribution late game imo. said armor buff is even better now that hp stacking is a thing--resists are less common and more expensive overall, so soraka got indirectly buffed to some degree by the changes

I did not ignore time, the whole argument was time. The 20 second cooldown of Astral Blessing against the 6 second cooldown of Glitterlance. At lv 2 this gets even worse, because Astral Blessing is still Rank 1, while Lulu now has Help; Pix too. I'd like to see you go from 1~3 in 20 seconds in normal circumstances. If I 'ignored' anything, it's that Glitterlance can miss, but hey, Glitterlance can also hit both targets, and I didn't assume that.

And 100-0 is not hard in botlane. That's the entire aim of any lane with Leona, Blitzcrank, and to a lesser extent, Taric and Alistar. Draven can kill easily pre-6, as can Miss Fortune, Twitch and Graves. Sona is the squishiest champion in the game, and Soraka is up there.

I am not ignoring the armor buff on her heal. It also only lasts three seconds. You just wait it out, and bam, 17 seconds of useless Soraka. Meanwhile, as Soraka gets levels and CDR, the armor buff gets larger, the heal gets larger, the silence and mana restoation both grow and Starcall shreds more. With CDR she can do all of these drastically more often as well. Soraka is a lot more effective when she can throw out a 350 HP heal with 105 armor every 12 seconds as opposed to 20, with 70/25, and throw out a 2.5 second silence every 6 seconds as opposed to 1.5 every 10.

And that's ignoring Wish. You know, 2,200 burst healing at max rank. That doesn't even exist at pre-6. 2,200 burst healing at max rank is insane and teamfight turning.

As a Zyra support player, this is what happens when I fight a Soraka:
I land an early snare. The damage from me and my AD forces Soraka to heal. We back off because of the armor buff.
12 seconds later, another snare lands on Soraka because she has no evasion, trash movespeed, and didn't start boots. Soraka dies because she has no heal, and is made of paper.

This applies to Leona's Xenith Blade as well.

Soraka also struggles to cope with poke lanes like Caitlyn/Lulu, because she can't keep up with the damage.

She can't fight burst lanes.
She can't fight poke lanes.
She's pretty much useless after the first three seconds in all-in situations.
If a gank comes she's useless, be it ally or enemy, unless someone dives and she can armor buff them.

Meanwhile, in teamfights, her passive is more effective due to more targets, her armor buff and passive are more effective due to larger HP pools, she can use her heals more, she has far, far larger heals, she has wish, she can spam silences a LOT more.

Soraka is multiple times better in a teamfight than in lane. In lane she is undoubtedly the worst support atm, besides maybe Karma. MAYBE. Karma has more ways to save and aid her ADC than Soraka does earlygame, with her shield, heal, and speedbuff/slow, as well as some burst.

Honestly if I see a Soraka pick right now, I just go hyper-aggressive and take advantage of the 17 seconds it's a 2v1 lane. Things snowball quickly after a couple of sets of 17 seconds of 2v1.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 03:13:40 AM by Raikaria »