Author Topic: Kisume Quest IX - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 31670 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Kisume Quest IX - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #360 on: January 19, 2013, 04:02:09 PM »
> Shrug.
> "Maybe we could just ask her later, once we're not longer in a public setting. Or you could ask Sariel's replacement."

>"Maybe so," says Komachi.
>"Unless no such being have perished yet," says Shikieiki. "Given how new they are, this is a distinct possibility as well."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #361 on: January 19, 2013, 04:06:29 PM »
> "Anyway, we should probably devote some private time for the story to be told regard the last 24 hours. Some time after VIVIT's had time to enjoy herself, since I get the feeling that doesn't happen often."
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #362 on: January 19, 2013, 04:32:04 PM »
> "Anyway, we should probably devote some private time for the story to be told regard the last 24 hours. Some time after VIVIT's had time to enjoy herself, since I get the feeling that doesn't happen often."

>"Sure thing," says Komachi.
>"Would you like to do this now?" says Shikieiki. "I'm sure that Komachi can delay her next trip long enough for that."
>"Don't worry, I'll get some other Shinigami to do it," Komachi says with a shrug. "The new kid needs some time to practice, anyways."
>"This is the least appropriate time for someone to practice, I'm sure you're aware," says Shikieiki. "But yes, I suppose a replacement will be fine for awhile, given circumstances."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #363 on: January 19, 2013, 04:35:29 PM »
> "We can, if you think it's okay to pull VIVIT away from the fair after she just got into it."

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #364 on: January 19, 2013, 04:50:02 PM »
> "We can, if you think it's okay to pull VIVIT away from the fair after she just got into it."

>"That's why I'm getitng the replacement," says Komachi.
>"I may have misunderstood," Shikieiki says. "I'm afraid that your maid friend is quite at the top of my thoughts."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #365 on: January 19, 2013, 05:09:22 PM »
> "Okay. Feel free to not rush, just in case she's found something she likes and it's hard to pull her away from it."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #366 on: January 19, 2013, 05:12:52 PM »
> "Okay. Feel free to not rush, just in case she's found something she likes and it's hard to pull her away from it."

>"Don't worry, I have a few favors coming," says Komachi, waggling a finger. "This will be easy as pie."
>"What shall we do in the meantime?" Shikieiki says.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #367 on: January 19, 2013, 05:20:32 PM »
> Smirk.
> "That's easy! Do you have any idea how long it's been since I enjoyed a fair day?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #368 on: January 19, 2013, 05:28:48 PM »
> Smirk.
> "That's easy! Do you have any idea how long it's been since I enjoyed a fair day?"

>"Well, I suppose that settles it, then," says Shikieiki. She looks to Komachi and says, "Kindly make arrangements? We'll meet you by the pier."
>"Right-o, Shiki,"  says Komachi. She then gives you another pat on the head and says, "Don't eat more than you can comfortably lift, kiddo," before sauntering off.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #369 on: January 19, 2013, 05:42:48 PM »
> "Oh, we'll just see about that."
> Turn to Eiki.
> "Let's go see what my friends are up to. Have you met Yamame before? I know she goes topside sometimes."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #370 on: January 19, 2013, 05:57:39 PM »
> "Oh, we'll just see about that."
> Turn to Eiki.
> "Let's go see what my friends are up to. Have you met Yamame before? I know she goes topside sometimes."

>"I have not had the pleasure," says Shikieiki. "It is not often I can visit Gensokyo, and seldom for long."
>"You'll like her," Komachi calls back as she leaves. "Or at least I hope you do! She and Kisume are real close!"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #371 on: January 19, 2013, 06:06:26 PM »
> Facepalm.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #372 on: January 19, 2013, 06:12:15 PM »
> Facepalm.

>You facepalm, while Komachi's laughter vanishes into the crowd.
>"I think my delivery is better than her's," says Shikieiki.

>_

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #373 on: January 19, 2013, 06:13:04 PM »
>"...Yup."
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #374 on: January 19, 2013, 06:28:52 PM »
> Blink.
> "Oh well. C'mon, let's go!"
> Head out into the fair and fair it up! Be sure to stop by with Yamame and/or VIVIT as we see them.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #375 on: January 20, 2013, 08:02:57 AM »
>"...Yup."
> Blink.
> "Oh well. C'mon, let's go!"
> Head out into the fair and fair it up! Be sure to stop by with Yamame and/or VIVIT as we see them.

>You decide to put that behind you, and enjoy the fair. The first order of business, of course, is getting something to eat. For you, this is easy enough, but it gives Shikieiki some pause. Unlike you, and many of the festival goers here, she is not a night person like many of the people presently here and doesn't quite fancy fair food at this hour, even if she does seem to have been up most of the night. Eventually, she settles for nibbling on a bit of taiyaki. As for yourself, you end up getting the most heavily-laden okonomiyaki you can, partially because you would be a fool to turn it down and partially because you feel like you want to alleviate some concerns that you're not eating well.
>You then spend some time checking on the various games, while Shikieiki talks about various things that have happened since you left. To be honest, it isn't very interesting at all, but you try to pay attention regardless. Things like organizational changes aren't very significant to anyone living outside of Higan, and you don't care too much for a lot of the people whom Shikieiki mentions. You try your hand a few games, doing rather poorly at some, but successfully winning top prize at a goldfish dip (which isn't to dissimilar to some actual fishing you've done in the past). As most places in Higan prohibit pets, the prize you get are a number of tickets that you can exchange for various sundry prizes.
>About an hour passes this way. Komachi has yet to return, Shikieiki suggests she probably had to return to Higan to find her replacement.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #376 on: January 20, 2013, 08:08:13 AM »
> Based on what we've learned over the last couple of days, mentally estimate the proximities between our current location, Nazrin's junk shop, Minoriko's part of the forest, and that human house in the middle of nowhere...Renko was her name? The one in the fedora with the teacher friend that we bagged some time ago.
> "Hmm. Actually, in that case, there are a couple of pieces of unfinished business I could take care of in Gensokyo proper while we wait for her to finish up. That'll give VIVIT and Yamame more time to enjoy this place."
> Gesture up and down at Eiki.
> "And it'll give you a break and a chance to clean up, since you look like you need both pretty badly."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #377 on: January 20, 2013, 08:17:49 AM »
> Based on what we've learned over the last couple of days, mentally estimate the proximities between our current location, Nazrin's junk shop, Minoriko's part of the forest, and that human house in the middle of nowhere...Renko was her name? The one in the fedora with the teacher friend that we bagged some time ago.
> "Hmm. Actually, in that case, there are a couple of pieces of unfinished business I could take care of in Gensokyo proper while we wait for her to finish up. That'll give VIVIT and Yamame more time to enjoy this place."
> Gesture up and down at Eiki.
> "And it'll give you a break and a chance to clean up, since you look like you need both pretty badly."

>"I wouldn't begrudge the opportunity," says Shikieiki. "I think I will take the offer, we'll meet by the pier."
>The Junk Shop and Renko's home are reasonably close to each other, due south of the human village, with the shop being further south and a bit further into the Forest of Magic. Minoriko's forest is little ways north and a fair ways east of Renko's home.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #378 on: January 20, 2013, 08:27:24 AM »
> "Okay. Let Yamame and VIVIT know I'll be back soon too, so they don't wonder about me. Catch you in a bit."
> Assuming no objections from Eiki, take flight and head south, to the forest junk shop. Hopefully it's open at this hour...
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 08:30:05 AM by Kilgamayan »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #379 on: January 20, 2013, 09:37:43 AM »
> "Okay. Let Yamame and VIVIT know I'll be back soon too, so they don't wonder about me. Catch you in a bit."
> Assuming no objections from Eiki, take flight and head south, to the forest junk shop. Hopefully it's open at this hour...

>"I will be certain to do this," says Shikieiki.
>You depart, and begin to fly southward. For a little while, there isn't a whole lot to see, just empty fields and the occasional forest, with mountains in the distance to the east. Then you start to catch sight of a field of flowers to the west, and give it a wide berth. Then you note a hill to the east, and wonder if it is that Nameless Mound you hear about. You think you catch sight of a doll laying there, but on closer examination, you don't see it and suspect it might have just been your eyes playing tricks on you. Further on, you find yourself in more familiar territory, as the human village comes into sight, bustling with morning activity as always. Further south, you pass through the fields and the toward the Forest of Magic. You see Renko's home, and continue onward toward the Junk shop.
>The first thing that strikes you about the Junk Shop are the gobs and piles of fluff that litter the ground everywhere. It is as though a dozen overstuffed chairs were savagely ripped apart; clumps of fluff litter the road. They are catch in the bare patches of earth around the shop, they are tangled into tree roots and caught on rocks.  There is a large pile of it against the side of the store, and you see a child-sized faerie in a frilly blue dress snoozing in the middle of it.
>You do note the front door of the shop has a sign on it that reads, "Come on in"

>_

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #380 on: January 20, 2013, 10:28:21 AM »
>Examine fairy.
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #381 on: January 20, 2013, 10:52:18 AM »
>Examine fairy.

>The faerie has short blonde hair in thick ringlets and a round face. Upon closer inspect, she is also clutching a large wad of fluff to her chest and hold it between her knees.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #382 on: January 20, 2013, 12:31:53 PM »
> Shake head.
>  Enter the shop.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #383 on: January 20, 2013, 12:58:35 PM »
> Shake head.
>  Enter the shop.

>You shake your head, and enter the shop.
>Walking inside, you find Nazrin sweeping a small pile of fluff into the corner. "Oh, hey," she says. "Come on in. Don't mind the fuzz."
>The Store contains:
>Iron Key
>Empty Bag
>Length of Scrap Metal
>Black-Feathered Arrow
>Golden Rod
>Black Box
>Potted Rose
>Red Stone Sculpture of a Pig
>Katana Sheath
>Bundle of Incense
>Set of 5 Marbles
>Bag of Yellow Leaves
>Book: The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam
>Glass Shield
>Bead Necklace
>Bottle of Red Sauce
>Tiny Pillow
>Set of 3 Stuffed Mice
>Unfamiliar Green Fruit
>Small Black Wheel
>Blue Crystal Orb

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #384 on: January 20, 2013, 01:04:41 PM »
> "Man, the fairies must have absolutely hounded Ellen."
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 01:06:32 PM by Kilgamayan »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #385 on: January 20, 2013, 01:23:54 PM »
> "Man, the fairies must have absolutely hounded Ellen."

>"Yep," says Nazrin. "Then they got into a brawl, and we barely had any customers at all... She told me it'd all fade away when it rains, but I think I might go out there with a dipper and wet it down myself."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #386 on: January 20, 2013, 01:29:06 PM »
> Nod.
> "Anyway, I don't have a lot of time, due to a massive amount of extenuating circumstances. I can tell you that your missing candle was a recent donation to the 'Fairy Shrine', whatever or wherever that is. A fairy named Cherry Blossom did it. I can go looking for it if you like, but unfortunately there is something else that's come up that has to take higher priority, so it'll have to wait a bit."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #387 on: January 20, 2013, 01:33:16 PM »
> Nod.
> "Anyway, I don't have a lot of time, due to a massive amount of extenuating circumstances. I can tell you that your missing candle was a recent donation to the 'Fairy Shrine', whatever or wherever that is. A fairy named Cherry Blossom did it. I can go looking for it if you like, but unfortunately there is something else that's come up that has to take higher priority, so it'll have to wait a bit."

>"Faerie Shrine?" says Nazrin. "I'll guess I'll have to ask Ichirin about it, she knows about faeries. Oh, speaking of, that rabbit did come in, yesterday. We've not worked out a deal yet, but I guess that's good enough for me. Go ahead and take what you want."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #388 on: January 20, 2013, 01:44:57 PM »
> Anything present that stands out at something either of the 'rents would like?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #389 on: January 20, 2013, 02:13:58 PM »
> Anything present that stands out at something either of the 'rents would like?

>You suspect, at the least, Shikieiki would enjoy the incense; likely both of them would. They might not mind the Bag of Yellow Leaves, either, if it's really a nice flavoring with rice like Nazrin said yesterday.

>_