Author Topic: Disgaea Mafia -Game Over-  (Read 48491 times)

Re: Disgaea Mafia -Day 3-
« Reply #480 on: January 15, 2013, 04:56:56 AM »
i'd probably be NKed :T

i didn't really think about the wagon thing when posting that

« Reply #481 on: January 15, 2013, 05:08:26 AM »
I kind of want to say Affinity scanned me since he voiced literally no suspicion of me even though he'd have reason to look at me after ED1

« Reply #482 on: January 15, 2013, 06:32:06 AM »
wait a minute right now im completely confused by dorians and dormios roles right now. dormio could you explain yours?

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #483 on: January 15, 2013, 07:27:17 AM »
Dormio wonders what is not to get!
Dormio gives one of Dormio's many toys away whenever Dormio feels like it!
Then whoever Dormio gave the toy to gets to play with Dormio's toys during the day!

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #484 on: January 15, 2013, 07:32:40 AM »
Adell, VT. I can kick the tar out of demons barehanded but apparently all I can do here is be a ##Mofo.

LYLO means NNR wasn't scum which is just fabulous. Still don't think Dorian is scum though.

I'm good with the Die IHNN notion.

Dorian White

• The most handsome non-vampire diplomat you ever encountered ~
  • With a Gandalf like evolution.
« Reply #485 on: January 15, 2013, 11:21:46 AM »
I see that I wasn't quick lynched while I slept, nor was anyone else, so far so good.

I have to agree with Dormio, IHNN is the best choice for the lynch. His lurking has method, as Affinity said: ?laying low but not too low?. His opinion are as thin as his presence and, as much as I still like my case on NNR do I have to say that, he were quite too easy convinced. That he claimed de facto the same as the one before him is just the icing on the cake.

About the SK speculation, I think an additional scum NK would be more likely to explain Serelas death and Affinity isn't a odd choice considering the possibility of a protective role.

Why would an SK shoot someone who was being wagoned anyways, over say, you?
Indeed Shadoweh, why did you do that? Serela were just too cute in his little wafflehouse.
Seriously, an SK needs to take care that he doesn't hit town ?too hard?, cause he would end up in same uncomfortable situation as we (town) are in right now. But I'm still not buying it, see above.
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Gensokyo nube. Nam quae Mars aliis, dat tibi diva Venus.

« Reply #486 on: January 15, 2013, 03:49:27 PM »
Thinking about the game before school, I suspect my priorities will be IHNN > Dorian > rawr > BT > Shadoweh or somesuch.

Decided Shadoweh is playing too much to the beat of her own drum this game to really read scum. Not doing enough to avoid negative attention.

IHNN claiming the same vanilla power as me confuses me. It could be modWIFOM, but given that he never even brought it up until the claim and ignored how I claimed the same thing entirely (seriously, that didn't even seem a bit odd to you?) he makes sense as scum who made it up without reading my post.

Question to Dorian, how were NNR's reactions to you scum-minded?

I'll go in detail after school but will be home later than usual.

Dorian White

• The most handsome non-vampire diplomat you ever encountered ~
  • With a Gandalf like evolution.
« Reply #487 on: January 15, 2013, 05:23:32 PM »
I think that I said it here already but let me try to rephrase those two lines to make it clear what I saw in them.

?Scum in general are going to have weaker cases because they're hunting town, and have to convince town that one of their own is scum, whether there's actually anything worth convicting or not.?
Scum in general are going to have weaker cases because they're hunting town, and are therefore more likely to adapt what happened to their interpretation (misrepresent) instead of interpreting what happened.
?Why WOULDN'T I write a case that puts favor on what I'm saying, as ANY alignment??
Why shouldn't I write a case that looks good no matter if my points are true or not?

I guess that makes it clear, now allow me to ask the other way around. I'm not really a ?Gut-player? and I can only speculate about the feelings of others, so what was so town about his ?rage? that it couldn't have been a feint meant to scare me away?
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Gensokyo nube. Nam quae Mars aliis, dat tibi diva Venus.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #488 on: January 15, 2013, 05:36:52 PM »
oh my god. I'm rereading Day 2 and I have been trying to figure out why Affinity spent the entire day literally ignoring me when I voted him. Fuck.
Why still Shadoweh over me etc.), that Shadoweh is being a parrot and for all her terrible word:content ratio, I don't find her suspicious?  Can we just lynch rawr instead, for saying something smart but one-off with regards to Shadoweh (not really following up on her response regarding the PX thing D1), for his very limited range, and for his constant reference to me as some magical pivot point?

##Unvote
##Vote: rawr

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Shadoweh

« Reply #489 on: January 15, 2013, 05:47:53 PM »
This is really not useful to me. I hate power roles.  But right now it is honestly hard to miss. Dormio is town. If I'm still willing to extend my townie branch to Dorian, there's only one other person alive who can't be scum. The early wagon on BT was made up of all town. Scum!rawr could have been jumping on for last minute cred. It's a question of whether scum spread out early (BT huh what Rawr), if the scum were willing to stick together (ihnn and huh what) or if literally the entire scum team piled onto PX (huh what dorian bt this probably didn't happen). I guess the real question is if I feel like losing to scum what  again or if he's actually town.

huh what: I don't think the ed1 wagon on you was in votecounts, but I probably discounted it for being made up of lulz.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

« Reply #490 on: January 15, 2013, 08:21:10 PM »
Dormio wonders what is not to get!
Dormio gives one of Dormio's many toys away whenever Dormio feels like it!
Then whoever Dormio gave the toy to gets to play with Dormio's toys during the day!
does this mean you didnt give the gun to anyone last night?

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #491 on: January 15, 2013, 09:09:59 PM »
Dormio wonders why DrRawr wants to know so much about Dormio!
Dormio was too busy playing with the prinnys last night to give away any of Dormio's toys!

Even though Dormio hates Shadoweh, Dormio still doesn't want to see Shadoweh die!
Dormio still thinks that Huh What is evil!

« Reply #492 on: January 15, 2013, 09:45:46 PM »
Dormio was too busy playing with the prinnys last night to give away any of Dormio's toys!

Even though Dormio hates Shadoweh, Dormio still doesn't want to see Shadoweh die!
im just wondering because no one claimed to have a vig and was wondering if you were roleblocked or something

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #493 on: January 15, 2013, 10:11:37 PM »
No votes yet

48 hours left

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #494 on: January 15, 2013, 10:19:00 PM »
Dormio wonders if I Have No Name intends to post any time soon!
Dormio also wonders why Dormio doesn't just vote for I Have No Name...

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #495 on: January 15, 2013, 10:32:27 PM »
Oh, deadlines, that's cool.

##Vote IHNN

A few things I have in mind.

Shadoweh: Rank your scumspects. That earlier runthrough of scenarios is some serious PoE when you didn't even seem to consider HW before. Also:
Also if you will note I've been sticking to my reads from earlier in general. What's happened since then is Dormio has gotten cuter, Affinity has stayed eh, Hero has become the scum of the earth, Rawr has shot up in my 'doesn't give a fuck but at least is trying to find scum' meter (huh what if you really think he's scum I might trust you on it, but I'd expect the kind of confidence in it as when you shot him..) and that's all I wish to commit on at this moment.
What actions of his is this referring to?
(This quote is the last mention of HW before the PoE if anyone wants to know where I'm coming from with this)

HW: How strong are you townreading Shadoweh? First Conq did this and now you and I don't have hi-tech Shadowreading powers.

Dorian:
Indeed Shadoweh, why did you do that? Serela were just too cute in his little wafflehouse.
Seriously, an SK needs to take care that he doesn't hit town ?too hard?, cause he would end up in same uncomfortable situation as we (town) are in right now. But I'm still not buying it, see above.
I think I lost you. What do you think about the SK thing and what do you think about Shadoweh?

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #496 on: January 15, 2013, 10:46:43 PM »
Dormio wonders if I Have No Name intends to post any time soon!
nah
You're all going to lynch me anyway regardless of what I do like Ten Desires Mafia D1 so I'm not going to devote my entire day and night and day and night and day to trying to prevent the inevitable.
Besides I can use the time spent not posting in Mafia to do homework.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #497 on: January 15, 2013, 10:51:16 PM »
Dormio will say that I Have No Name can do whatever I Have No Name wants then!

##Vote I Have No Name

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #498 on: January 15, 2013, 10:51:27 PM »
How about 3 reads?

Shadoweh

« Reply #499 on: January 16, 2013, 12:53:44 AM »

I still heart you too you crazy boy. Who don't you want to see die besidese me Dormyon?

BT: What point is there in ranking right now? Tthere's only one person left in my mind who isn't scum. All there's left to decide is who it is. Or to like twiddle my thumbs until IHNN gets quicklynched if he's the townie I supose. BT, do you realize that from my perspective you and huh what can't be town together right now?

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #500 on: January 16, 2013, 01:10:52 AM »
Who does Dormio want to die?
Dormio wants to see I Have No Name die!
Dormio wants to see Huh What die!
Dormio isn't sure if Dormio wants to see BT or Dr Rawr die!

« Reply #501 on: January 16, 2013, 01:12:50 AM »
im ok with killing huhwhat if were talking about it. i do find it pretty strange how he hasnt tried getting me killed in some way

« Reply #502 on: January 16, 2013, 01:20:00 AM »
BT, do you realize that from my perspective you and huh what can't be town together right now?
We can and probably are because your read on Dorian is baseless shit tbh.

I think it's rawr / Dorian / IHNN, post incoming, maybe. I would seriously rather just sleep.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #503 on: January 16, 2013, 01:27:13 AM »
Dormio thinks that we should lynch I Have No Name right now and be done with it!
Dormio doesn't think that today's lynch will change and Dormio thinks that talking tomorrow will be better!

Shadoweh

« Reply #504 on: January 16, 2013, 01:29:29 AM »
I would but baseless lylo votes are a huge scumtell for me imo

Then you think it's Dorian/IHNN/Rawr, huh what?

« Reply #505 on: January 16, 2013, 01:32:13 AM »
No I clearly don't think the scumteam is the scumteam I mentioned in my post.

I lined out a huge case on Dorian in my head while showering this morning but maybe it'll be factually inaccurate when I re-read.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #506 on: January 16, 2013, 01:35:47 AM »
Dormio would like to take this opportunity to say that Dormio really wants to see Huh What die!
Dormio will make another post later about why if Dormio notices that the day hasn't ended by then!

« Reply #507 on: January 16, 2013, 01:44:09 AM »
It's like you want me to hammer IHNN early so scum can shoot you before you tarnish my good name.  :colbert:

« Reply #508 on: January 16, 2013, 02:37:17 AM »
Eh, I had some case where Affinity probably town-scanned me based on stuff that was said in the Adorable Mafia graveyard, but that was apparently IHNN and not me. I still think I'm probably his N1 clear based on him ignoring me for no apparent reason after ED1, for whatever that's worth coming from me. <_<

Anyway, thoughts on other players.

Shadoweh
Already explained read. Doesn't look like she's trying to keep attention off of her, with weird moves like the Affinity gut vote and a general lack of appeasement. Seems more aggressive than reactionary, too, and I don't see her shooting Conq N1 when he had her down as super-town. Bugs me here and there but I guess it's not a scummy sort of bug and if she somehow is maf she's done a good job of abusing her own meta. Though even if she was doing that I'd expect her play here to be more like her scumplay from C7D. Oh wait.

BT
Doesn't seem to fit into any scumteams. Consider the following:
BT / Dorian: BT obviously thinks scum can't mislynch the death miller D1 since he doesn't try pushing until other players do... so he lets Dorian do the pushing instead, for a wagon of 2 scum and 1 town when most other players don't want a NNR lynch? Buh? This is beyond stupid given that scum would need a counterwagon for BT at this point.
BT / rawr: D1, rawr has every reason to vote Affinity based on precedent, but swing votes the wagons toward BT anyway. Based on refuge in audacity sheeping, which makes rawr look awful if BT doesn't flip first. Sure, bussing is a thing, but in a BT / rawr / ? scumteam, the policy vig target is prooobably not the one doing the bussing, especially when he could easily push another case and D1 scum wagons tend to fall apart when not solid.
BT / Shadoweh: Shadoweh is town and if she were somehow scum then BT shouldn't be opening up D2 with a bus when his post was late enough in the day to see that nobody really wanted to lynch her. I guess that's not implausible, but again, I feel strongly enough about Shadoweh-town that I'm probably fucking this up if I'm wrong about it anyway.

I GUESS BT / rawr / IHNN could be maaaybe plausible if you want to push the basis that rawr is unpredictable and I'm overthinking bus votes like in adorbs maf? But even then, I haven't had a serious problem with BT's posts all game and his play has seemed mostly solid to me.

Though, while IHNN / BT don't have any strong dissociative tells, IHNN dismissing BT / Conq as town/town without any further thought makes me think he'd be telling the truth as scum based on his general level of scum play.

If I wanted to ask him for clarity about anything, it'd be why he never pushed IHNN after his initial contentpost on D2, and why he wanted to hammer Hero early without a claim.

rawr
A comprehensive case on rawr can't really be made because he's done jack shit this game, but, well, he's done jack shit this game. Hasn't seemed to be paying attention either which is seriously rawr's #1 scumtell as far as I'm concerned. From play without flips alone he's probably scummier than IHNN.

Him fishing for whether Dormio gave out a gun or not (which town shouldn't care about) gives me IMP vibes, too.

IHNN
Already explained weird stuff about he and I having the same vanilla claim. IHNN strikes me as the sort of dude who would nitpick at that if he were town but he ignored my action entirely??? Which is tbh more telling than us actually having the same action.

Aside from that, this made me want to lynch him after Shadoweh brought up scum not wanting Affinity to out his reads yesterday:
Guys, we aren't lynching Affinity today.
I dunno how much more blatant you can get. But even if Affinity wasn't the cop, IHNN was defending a lynch target without actually doing anything to move off the lynch. This is how scum buddies mislynch wagons. It's especially weird since Affinity had found IHNN scummy all day but that didn't unnerve IHNN about Affinity at all.

Rest of his play isn't really impressive; I honestly thought it leaned newb!town compared to the rest of the useless fucks in the game but he actually has done scummy shit with flips in mind and I'd lynch him on PoE plus his effortless white knight end-of-D2 post alone. Also his reaction to BT's vote is lmao not a town LYLO post. I'm fine lynching this.

Dorian
Misc. scummy shit:
D2 - Goes from thinking Shadoweh mildly suspicious at start of day with no comment on Hero to having a vote on Hero's wagon while saying nothing about the booming Shadoweh wagon at the end of the day. ???????

What's actually bugging me a lot:
Okay, so town vigs like shooting their #1 scumreads, that's understandable.

Except Dorian gunned for the lynch of Hero who arguably deserved a vig more immediately after the shot, with no consideration of even shooting a scummy-inactive weak player before the vig. Hell, there wasn't even any mention of Hero until after NNR bit it. It's like he was aiming for one easy kill followed by another. Especially bugs me given the above Shadoweh disconnect.

I have to ask Dorian: what could NNR have really said that would have made you feel better about him? You asked for last reads and a claim, but you seemed intent on killing NNR regardless.

If scum!Dorian just shoots NNR, it's easy for him to justify from town!Dorian's PoV, gives town WIFOM in the form of a death miller flip, and given that Dorian would prooooobably be buddies with one of rawr / IHNN, prevents him from drawing attention to how he shot the weak player that wasn't his buddy, etc.

This is basically one way I see scum handling a dayvig. Compare Dormio shooting Dan over PX in IMP.

« Reply #509 on: January 16, 2013, 02:38:13 AM »
also i'm set on an ihnn lynch today, i really don't see him as town after he compared lylo to a day 1 mislynch of all things but maybe we want to talk before he self-hammers so i'm not voting him yet