Author Topic: Disgaea Mafia -Game Over-  (Read 48487 times)

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
Re: Disgaea Mafia -Day 1-
« Reply #90 on: January 07, 2013, 04:04:42 PM »
So after reading this I kind of want to put that last vote down on Huhwhat. His gambit was really retarded  and I don't like the amount of manipulation and tomfoolery he's been posting. His RVS stuff is harder to call him out on, but I don't like his tunneling PX for doing nothing even after RVS apparently ended and there were other people doing the same thing, which diverts attention from them.

I was going to say I dislike Conq but I realized I misread him and he looks better then I actually previously thought. Also his pointing that this isn't not a bastard game and the game has bastard roles does help my claim that I am going to flip scum regardless of what alignment people think I actually am. (I would hope claiming Miller at the start of the game is still standard procedure)
Could use some reasoning for that BT vote, unless you stated it in an earlier post (in which case you should have linked it)

I don't see anything wrong with Bard's post. I suspect he wasn't aware of the number of votes on Huhwhat. I don't agree that leaving RVS =  Towntell because anyone can end RVS, so he actually gives me double the reasononing to vote Huhwhat.

Dormio's Shadoweh vote is pretty eh, the tone of Shadoweh's post there is somewhat ambiguious or sarcastic, not really a decent reasonong for a vote. Aside from that he's been pretty transparent and I nearly forgot he was there.

Rawr... is Rawr in this game? Rawr IS in this game. Rawr, you should do something useful.

I feel like I should have something to say about PX and Shadoweh but I really don't, to be honest. Shadoweh is being too ambiguous and non-serious to read (which actually is a reason to dislike him) and PX I only see a reads post and some non-scumhunting votes/bad retorts (which is actually also a reason to dislike him).

Have no opinions on any one else. Affinity exists and Serela/999 only have just started existing. If I missed other people then they aren't important in my POV so whatever.

Consider this a vote on Huhwhat, once someone tells me what the score on him currently is.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #91 on: January 07, 2013, 04:08:22 PM »
I just reread that and noticed I was rather double-sided on the issue of Shadoweh and Dormio's vote. I don't like Shadoweh's tone overall from this game, but think Dormio's singling out one post to vote on at the same time is rather meh.
If that's still double sided then my bad??? The point is Dormio would benefit from a more solid reasoning for the vote.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #92 on: January 07, 2013, 04:26:06 PM »
Im glad I like the character I'm leveling up

Bardiche (1): Huh What
BT (1): Conq
Shadoweh (2): Dormio, PX
Dormio (0):
PX (2): BT, Shadoweh
Ihavenoname (0):
Affinity (1): Serela
Drrawr (0):
Conq (0):
NekoNekoRex (0):
HuhWhat (2): Affinity, Bardiche
Hero999 (0):
Serela (1): Hero999

Not Voting: ihavenoname, Drrawr, NekoNekoRex

With 13 left Alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

~60 hours left

Bardiche is in need of a replacement

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #93 on: January 07, 2013, 05:27:15 PM »
##Vote: Huhwhat for my above post and plus he's no longer L-1

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #94 on: January 07, 2013, 05:28:55 PM »
##Vote Conq

HW lynch isn't happening. The early PX thing read legit and I was proven right later. The only thing I'm unsure about is the whole hated townie thing but it reads different from Micro 31 shens because he keeps being productive and along with this it's more like a side joke. Since I linked the Bard vote I'll say that I'm not seeing it so much, esp. compared to other stuff.

The whole wave of Conq questioning sent me straight back to Angel Beats! Scum!Conq when he pushed my Dan vote at early D1.

All this PX attention seems pretty tryhard when you could apply the logic to any number of other people.
This in particular is crap when his entire case was specific to PX and is just more fuel for the fire.

And then there's this:
But I like activity and bandwagons, so I reject voting PX in favour of voting you as a counterwagon to your PX wagon.
##unvote
##bt

The whole L-1 thing happens yet no response to it nor to HW's recent posts plus a vote that does absolutely nothing. When one of the reasons for the HW vote was "I like activity" and you follow with this I'm ready to call bullshit.

From what I read PX's lack of participation so far is bad, although I dunno if everyone's even posted in the thread yet so I'd have to reserve my judgment just a bit.
Next in line to die for that first part. Good thing he claimed Death Miller since that means we get to PL him before LYLO anyway. I don't like the part in his #90 about Conq either: it sounds like he literally likes him for supporting the claim (while, by the way, other people have done the same, but no mention of that). Why not say outright that his BT vote is lacking in reasoning, or state your reasons for "going to say I dislike Conq"? Are you buddies?

Never thought I'd be able to read Serela so early, but yeah, Affinity kneejerk vote is townie. Also agree with it (obviously): the whole "our shepard is a fraud" thing sounds forced. The other post is null which is pretty much what I expected (Affiniscum reads null for the majority of the game) so I approve of the wagon. (which apparently only includes Serela now)

Now that you mention it, I want another BT post explaining whether he was just sheeping or actually found PX's response scummy.
Sheeping. That response was null.

...no comment. Also I'm sad there was no quicklynch considering how quickly you all piled upon him. You people are so flip-floppy.
##Vote Affinity
Sheeping Serela for Love and Justice!
No comment is right. You're sad there was no mislynch but that's it? How do you feel about HW? Also explain your Serela vote because I don't get it.

PX leans town for this. Shadoweh leans town for #75-#76. Thus ends this friendly broadcast.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #95 on: January 07, 2013, 05:30:45 PM »
In case anyone missed it, we are policy lynching NekoRex before LYLO.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #96 on: January 07, 2013, 06:23:23 PM »
The whole wave of Conq questioning sent me straight back to Angel Beats! Scum!Conq when he pushed my Dan vote at early D1.

What's wrong with my line of questioning here? And how does it have anything to do with Angel Beats? (Also, my play in Angel Beats wasn't my scum play since I was genuinely scumhunting the entire game. TD would have been more relevant.)

This in particular is crap when his entire case was specific to PX and is just more fuel for the fire.

Why does that matter? It doesn't change the fact that he threw out a bunch of stuff that was hardly relevant at 3 hours. A bit of a nonsensical accusation.

And then there's this:The whole L-1 thing happens yet no response to it nor to HW's recent posts plus a vote that does absolutely nothing. When one of the reasons for the HW vote was "I like activity" and you follow with this I'm ready to call bullshit.

It's like you only skimmed my posts and are trying to convey them in the worst possible way. I talked about Affinity and Bardiche. Jury's out on huhwhat. His L-1 dance did nothing for my read on his alignment, but I wanted to explore something else first. How is a vote on you a vote that does nothing?

HW lynch isn't happening. The early PX thing read legit and I was proven right later. The only thing I'm unsure about is the whole hated townie thing but it reads different from Micro 31 shens because he keeps being productive and along with this it's more like a side joke.

This defense of huhwhat is really bizarre. Describing the PX overanalysis as "legit" when it's literally extrapolating paragraphs from a vote three hours into the game is pretty ridiculous. What is this, Super High School Level Literature Class? The bit about huhwhat keeping productive is awful too when it's just the stuff he'd do any game as either alignment (not to mention the only reason he gave up in Micro 31 was because his buddy was dead and he was about to be lynched; here he was only faking being lynched). Anyway not sure if this is white knighting or just a really hard defense but either way BT is more likely to be scum than huhwhat. Pretty comfortable with my BT vote, everyone should follow me.

nope

Also Bardiche, if you're the one replacing out, don't leave.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Conqueror

« Reply #97 on: January 07, 2013, 06:26:57 PM »
NNR, is Death Miller your role name?

Shadoweh, are you seriously voting PX on the basis of him being a counterwagon to huhwhat?

Hero, stop being silly.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

Conqueror

« Reply #98 on: January 07, 2013, 06:33:22 PM »
how is bard's post likable though, he put me at l-1 for fishing for towncred when i explicitly cautioned people against giving others towncred for what i was doing
Key word here is "others." i looked now and couldn't find your explicit warning, could you quote it perhaps?
here's what I did find:
Silly, maybe, but it wasn't something I could easily avoid accountability for, and as scum I wouldn't have much reason to do so when people see LEAVING RVS as a towntell (when alone it isn't but yeah).
so yeah opinion on bard is still the same as before

Conqueror

« Reply #99 on: January 07, 2013, 06:44:59 PM »
Could use some reasoning for that BT vote, unless you stated it in an earlier post (in which case you should have linked it)
(the reasoning for the vote at the time was that I didn't want to vote other people, but there's more to it now that he's checked in)

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #100 on: January 07, 2013, 07:03:16 PM »
What's wrong with my line of questioning here? And how does it have anything to do with Angel Beats? (Also, my play in Angel Beats wasn't my scum play since I was genuinely scumhunting the entire game. TD would have been more relevant.)
Yet this reminded me of AB and not TD. Naturally - I wasn't going to remember much of your TD game since we were super distance buddies. And you realize that 1) even if the goal is to genuinely scumhunt there's going to be scum/town differences and 2) I'd have to believe your word for it.

Why does that matter? It doesn't change the fact that he threw out a bunch of stuff that was hardly relevant at 3 hours. A bit of a nonsensical accusation.
You'd have to point out the irrelevancy. That, and that's not why that was bad. You said he "could apply the logic to any number of other people" which is plain wrong.

It's like you only skimmed my posts and are trying to convey them in the worst possible way. I talked about Affinity and Bardiche. Jury's out on huhwhat. His L-1 dance did nothing for my read on his alignment, but I wanted to explore something else first. How is a vote on you a vote that does nothing?
Yeah I basically said "response to HW" twice, my bad. Why did you choose that moment to explore something else? It's a fact that a vote on the guy that posted nothing will do nothing. It looks like you backed down.

This defense of huhwhat is really bizarre. Describing the PX overanalysis as "legit" when it's literally extrapolating paragraphs from a vote three hours into the game is pretty ridiculous. What is this, Super High School Level Literature Class? The bit about huhwhat keeping productive is awful too when it's just the stuff he'd do any game as either alignment (not to mention the only reason he gave up in Micro 31 was because his buddy was dead and he was about to be lynched; here he was only faking being lynched). Anyway not sure if this is white knighting or just a really hard defense but either way BT is more likely to be scum than huhwhat. Pretty comfortable with my BT vote, everyone should follow me.
Here you realize that "legit" isn't absolute. The posts I linked are what made me think his choice of pushing against PX (if exaggerated) is probably coming from town. Also, I know what I said about M31, he was pretty nonserious even before the PX lynch and it's unlike what he did here. If he wanted to cause an emotional clusterfuck or whatever he could have just been more vague instead of making sure everyone was aware he was aware he's not lynched.

nope
We are not bringing a death miller to LYLO.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #101 on: January 07, 2013, 07:35:45 PM »
Just posting to say I'm here and reading everything.  Got distracted by AGDQ yesterday and then way way way way way overslept today.

Actual opinion post to follow.

Conqueror

« Reply #102 on: January 07, 2013, 07:37:59 PM »
I'll drop the meta thing because it's ~*meta*~ but suffice to say that my scum play is really different from my town play because I hate playing scum and it oozes through my entire scumplay.

You'd have to point out the irrelevancy. That, and that's not why that was bad. You said he "could apply the logic to any number of other people" which is plain wrong.
Relevant in terms of moving the game along, sure, but that's null. Relevant in terms of scumhunting, no. That's what I meant by relevance. The extremely overblown way which he did it felt like posturing. And yes, he could apply the logic to any number of other people. Not in the sense that other people made QT posts about whatever strategy, but that other people could have done "more stuff" and one could probably pull up relevant examples from meta why they would do more. Also, if I want to go with that shtick I don't get how PX OMGUS voting huhwhat for the counterwagon isn't moving the game along. Does he have to comment on literally everything? Why don't his responses further the game along? huhwhat's just posting stream of consciousness and/or bs and once you poke at the logic it all falls apart.

Yeah I basically said "response to HW" twice, my bad. Why did you choose that moment to explore something else? It's a fact that a vote on the guy that posted nothing will do nothing. It looks like you backed down.
I switched votes because 1) the whole L-1 sorta soured my taste for the wagon and 2) I wasn't as sure of huhwhat scum anymore? Given my history of past play with huhwhat it looks like I always get into slapfights with him. So yeah, I did back down. I'm re-evaluating based on how huhwhat is going to continue to post.

Also, a vote is a vote is a vote. It's more useful on potential scum even if they haven't posted. And as it is I'm not looking at Affinity/Bard/Shadoweh scum.

Here you realize that "legit" isn't absolute. The posts I linked are what made me think his choice of pushing against PX (if exaggerated) is probably coming from town. Also, I know what I said about M31, he was pretty nonserious even before the PX lynch and it's unlike what he did here.

Okay, so what about those posts are more likely to come from town!what than scum!what wrt what I posted earlier? Also, hw seemed pretty serious before the PX lynch in M31 (discounting RVS shenanigans where we were all trolling), so how is that unlike what he did here? That entire slapfight with Om was bloody painful to read.

If he wanted to cause an emotional clusterfuck or whatever he could have just been more vague instead of making sure everyone was aware he was aware he's not lynched.
Except that the mod posted a votecount and made it clear the jig was up so he'd have had choice anyway?

We are not bringing a death miller to LYLO.
Maybe I'm biased because I was a death miller once but it would be nice to give a chance for night actions and dayplay to take care of the "death miller" before we start making proclamations about them. Same deal as with normal millers etc.

Conqueror

« Reply #103 on: January 07, 2013, 07:38:19 PM »
EBWOP:  so he'd have had no choice anyway

Conqueror

« Reply #104 on: January 07, 2013, 07:41:26 PM »
ebwodp: I'm saying this because I don't think NNR is scummy.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #105 on: January 07, 2013, 07:51:33 PM »
Dorian G replaces Bardiche.

As you were demons.

Conqueror

« Reply #106 on: January 07, 2013, 07:54:41 PM »
sigh...anyway welcome to the game dorian

« Reply #107 on: January 07, 2013, 07:56:51 PM »
What the fuck Bard? A reaction test is part of the game. I wasn't trying to emotionally manipulate people, I was acting, so that people could actually believe the reaction test. People do this every time they roll scum and I don't think anything I posted went beyond the boundaries of the game.

Ugh, writing a post but wanted to address this first because I hate it when people sub out over minor stuff.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #108 on: January 07, 2013, 08:00:46 PM »
I got released early :D

Also wtf Brodiche? This is why we can't have nice things

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #109 on: January 07, 2013, 08:09:05 PM »
Boy you people give a lot of unnecessary hell

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #110 on: January 07, 2013, 08:10:12 PM »
What the fucking shit happened while I was asleep?
Serela's entire series of posts seems to me like fluff.  Affinity raises a good point about NNR in the linked post (#53).
Dormio/Bard short concise normal-looking posts make me totally not want to vote them right now, but it might just be because they make me feel like I'm playing a good, intelligent mafia game for the first time in three months. (Granted, it's probably been longer, but that's an easy statement since we haven't run a game in three months.) Conq kinda is here too from his last post?
So you don't want to vote Dormio or Bard Dorian because they're posting short messages?  How does that determine alignment?  Something feels a bit off to me about Conq but his 3 posts right after I showed up do make me not want to vote him for now.

So for now I'm going to ##Vote:Serela and go re-read the huh what wagon because right now I don't quite get why it ballooned to L-1.

Hero999

• Banzai!
  • Beep~
« Reply #111 on: January 07, 2013, 08:18:02 PM »

What the fuck Bard? A reaction test is part of the game. I wasn't trying to emotionally manipulate people, I was acting, so that people could actually believe the reaction test. People do this every time they roll scum and I don't think anything I posted went beyond the boundaries of the game.

Ugh, writing a post but wanted to address this first because I hate it when people sub out over minor stuff.

First thought I had about this was Huh What is claiming scum.
Then I re-read it and went like whut?

No comment is right. You're sad there was no mislynch but that's it? How do you feel about HW? Also explain your Serela vote because I don't get it.

What? So like I want to look at that one word there.
Mislynch. Your confidence that Huh What is an mislynch confuses me.

Serela? Avoiding, staying away, attention stuff.

« Reply #112 on: January 07, 2013, 08:30:31 PM »
I think Bard's vote on me is Scummy because he's painting me as trying to get towncred when I explicitly cautioned against giving people towncred for doing what I was doing, and even though this barely means anything he puts me at L-1 over it instead of just voting his other scumread. Given his second post I'm inclined to believe this wasn't town!Bard doing it for shits and giggles (I personally think his sub out is null, could see him getting frustrated about this from the PoV of scum knowing I'm town).

Shadoweh #76: You're literally voting PX based on what other people were doing with no flips, not based on any actions of his own. This is actually a Scum Case on D1 because you're not forced to justify why the guy you're voting is playing like scum. Is there anything about PX's actual content that's scummy to you?

Serela #79: This is an awful way of judging the alignment since it's easy for scum to post that stuff and you're not considering their content.

RE: Affinity: If we had scum!PX not giving a fuck about the game I would've expected him to keep doing the same weak, empty posts and probably try to actually paint me as scum instead of setting up an unvote. Otherwise it's typical PX, note that I didn't say I'm townreading him but he's low-priority. Do you find PX scummy, on that note?

I don't think you singling out NNR vs me singling out PX is a double standard when PX implied he would have work in the future, not at the exact moment he posted it. PX voters were at least pushing my ED1 post which is more constructive in some way.

Describing the PX overanalysis as "legit" when it's literally extrapolating paragraphs from a vote three hours into the game is pretty ridiculous.
Reminder that I wouldn't have been posting paragraphs without you poking at my vote in the first place. It was literally just "hey, PX's responses disappoint me and are bad enough for an ED1 scumread, I like keeping my vote down here atm" not "guys we're lynching PX D1 he's obvscum".

Got distracted by AGDQ yesterday and then way way way way way overslept today.
I don't normally watch speedruns and stuff but I want to see the Gimmick! run tomorrow because that game is sick :>

Conq is being gung-ho without AtE or folding under pressure; don't really find him scummy or think the BT vote is unreasonable for town to make once my wagon became stale. At the same time I find the BT case weak too. How is he defending me in a scummy way? Don't really want to lynch either. On that note, I agree with Conq about NNR. BT suggesting we policy lynch NNR is a terrible idea since any attempt to analyze from his flip is WIFOM. Policy vig, though, sure. If you're just using the threat of policy lynch as rhetoric to push your NNR case then you should probably admit to it and stop.

Prefer Dorian slot lynch, want more from Affinity but he rubs me the wrong way.
Shadoweh and Serela have Questionable Logic in ways I find scummy. More Serela than Shadoweh, Shadoweh reads give me lazytown!Shadoweh vibes but the Serela logic I quoted is the kind of meaningless, poorly-reasoned filler I've come to expect from scum!Serela. Also I hate having to use meta to read people when they do dumb shit.

Hero cut: not a scumclaim, I'm just saying that I was acting in a way that is par for the course in a game of Mafia, since scum do it every game.

« Reply #113 on: January 07, 2013, 08:31:43 PM »
"acting" as in being an actor

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #114 on: January 07, 2013, 08:51:07 PM »
Dormio's Shadoweh vote is pretty eh, the tone of Shadoweh's post there is somewhat ambiguious or sarcastic, not really a decent reasonong for a vote. Aside from that he's been pretty transparent and I nearly forgot he was there.
Shadoweh is being too ambiguous and non-serious to read (which actually is a reason to dislike him)
Dormio is wondering if NekoNekoRex has issues!
Doesn't what NekoNekoRex said seem kind of hypocritical?
Dormio thinks so!

Dormio isn't entirely sure on what to say right now...
Instead Dormio thinks that Dormio will ask Serela about what Serela thinks about the game!
Dormio wonders if Serela really intends to ignore a large chunk of the information presented so far...
Dormio also wants to ask Serela if Serela thinks that Affinity's reaction is worse than anything and everything else in the thread...
What should Dormio do...

« Reply #115 on: January 07, 2013, 09:19:42 PM »
Dormio, do you have thoughts on the Bard case at least? Why's Shadowmeh a better vote than Serela for you, anyway?

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #116 on: January 07, 2013, 09:46:23 PM »
NNR, is Death Miller your role name?
That's a secret!  :3

Just want you to know this is a highly pointless statement since my flip is only going to mislead town.

I have more reasons I like Conq then just his observation on my claim. His RVS posts were likable.
In fact I don't really like any of that big BT post at all. Lots of meta and I don't like the case on him. Particularly the part where you called Conq's #45 post bad, which I thought was a townie post.

Dormio is wondering if NekoNekoRex has issues!
Doesn't what NekoNekoRex said seem kind of hypocritical?
Dormio thinks so!

Dormio isn't entirely sure on what to say right now...
Instead Dormio thinks that Dormio will ask Serela about what Serela thinks about the game!
Dormio wonders if Serela really intends to ignore a large chunk of the information presented so far...
Dormio also wants to ask Serela if Serela thinks that Affinity's reaction is worse than anything and everything else in the thread...
What should Dormio do...
I think you missed the post directly after that... ^^;;

More to come maybe?

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #117 on: January 07, 2013, 09:48:52 PM »
forgot

##Unvote
##Vote: BT

Don't think I've forgotten about Huhwhat, I just think BT is a much better choice with his recent posts leaving a poor taste in my mouth.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #118 on: January 07, 2013, 09:52:49 PM »
It dawns on me just now Bard's #82 was him subbing out

Bard I don't think you're cut out for Mafia if you can't handle :social pressures:

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #119 on: January 07, 2013, 10:12:06 PM »
Dormio, do you have thoughts on the Bard case at least?
Dormio has many thoughts!
Dormio wonders what 'sis is doing...
Dormio worries about big bro...
And Dormio doesn't particularly agree with the Bard case!

Why's Shadowmeh a better vote than Serela for you, anyway?
Dormio hopes for the day that Serela will provide content for Dormio to solidify thoughts on!
And Dormio is lazy.
Dormio thinks that it's probably because Dormio is lazy...

I think you missed the post directly after that... ^^;;
Did Dormio do that...?
It looks like Dormio made a mistake!