Author Topic: Touhou Remix: Game Over Man, Game Over!  (Read 66669 times)

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
Re: Touhou Remix Day 2! Someone died!
« Reply #210 on: August 10, 2009, 11:10:13 PM »
I didn't doubt that Sodium would flip town. What I doubted was that town even had a fraction of a chance at turning the game around. I voted to end the game and my headache, since the only other vote needed on him would have been coming from scum if not me.
So in other words, you voted Sodium solely because you wanted the game to end and deliberately acted against the goals of your faction. Nice job.

The message I'm getting here is that once more than two people agree that someone is acting sort of scummy, the town should then decide that no one besides that person is scum, and that we should just conclude that that person is the day's lynch. I understand that not knowing Sodium's flip is what made my case so bad last game, but it's getting harder to not feel jaded when the message behind why my play was so bad appears to be because Tunnling on a single person is pro-town if more than one person does it.
If several people are able to develop a decent enough case on one player, of course it's likely that the Town will start moving in on them. After all, if said person is unable to defend themselves properly, and the case makes sense to the rest of the Town, then what reason is there to not believe they're scum?
Umineko was a case where Sodium (in short) messed up by acting incredibly scummy. The cases against him were relatively solid, and ignoring a relatively solid case is in itself scummy. People considered the Serp lynch, but felt the case against Sodium was stronger. If you honestly felt that Sodium wasn't the right person to die then you should have held to your beliefs rather than conform.

No, you misread me.  My words were "Town Jan has no reason not to vote for me."  In that post, since Suwako had claimed that Jan going after me would only look bad after my flip, I was going over the four possible scum/town alignment combinations for myself and Jan from an outside perspective.  I agreed that the vote would not make sense if both of us were scum, but if Jan's scum and I'm not, then it would make perfect sense.  And if Jan was Town, then I suppose he could've believed the case on me was legit regardless of my alignment, but since his reasoning in that post was so bad, it doesn't look like he had actually gone through any logical train of thought to determine that I looked scummy - and that means that the vote was more likely to be a scummy strategic move than an honest conclusion.
So in truth this boils down to something as simple as 'Jan made a poorly-explained vote on me, therefore I suspect him'? Trying to connect flips together based on one vote is dangerous and is begging for potential WIFOM.

And a point I missed earlier:
Quote from: Sodium
Well, there is one thing I feel like bringing up. What's with all the "he wasn't behind the Tenshi wagon, so I don't think he's scum" stuff? It isn't a bad thing that they weren't behind the Tenshi lynch, but to say that they feel town just because of that seems to be going too far, especially when they have a large amount of bad actions. Kiro said this on Jan-san, and Roukan on Zakeri.
I don't remember saying that it was staying off the Tenshi lynch that made me uncertain of Zak being scum. What my point was is that the lynch seemed to produce genuine irritation from him. It's AtE, true, but I don't remember Scum!Zak being this...emotional.

(And yes, I did just use meta despite apparently being anti-mindhax. Sue me.)

Stiiiiiiiiiiill waiting on Kerigis...T_T

Serp

• It's all about overwhelming force and irresistible style
  • And in a pinch, style can slide
« Reply #211 on: August 10, 2009, 11:57:31 PM »
So in truth this boils down to something as simple as 'Jan made a poorly-explained vote on me, therefore I suspect him'? Trying to connect flips together based on one vote is dangerous and is begging for potential WIFOM.

The reason I made that point in the first place was Suwako's claim that voting against me wouldn't have made any sense for Scum Jan, and I was just refuting that.

Also note that I don't agree that connecting flips with votes is begging for WIFOM.  Words are cheap.  Votes decide who dies.  Some votes are more important than others.  Throwaway votes and votes that just cement an already-decided bandwagon are pretty close to useless, yes, but bandwagon swingers (or attempts thereof) are some of the strongest evidence there is.  It's when you say that such a vote is a nulltell because it could be bussing that you're invoking WIFOM.
[15:13] <Sana> >:<

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #212 on: August 11, 2009, 12:53:31 AM »
Suwako: To review Zakeri's #124:

I wish he'd comment on more cases than just mine and Moonspeak's

Now that you've backed off your point, You'll get your wish.
##Unvote: Serpentarius

I really don't understand this unvote at all. Zakeri is going to fulfill Serp's wish and comment on other cases and THAT gets him to unvote Serp? Zakeri can still comment on others and still decide Serp is still his vote for the rest of the Day. Why is Zakeri preemptively placating Serp by unvoting him first and then going down and eventually voting Nietz? Zakeri "usually" types as he reads so he had all the intention of unvoting Serp when he started the post.

An unvote of Serp should only come because of something Serp did and the main things was him unvoting Alice, vote Tenshi, then unvote Tenshi, and vote Jan-san (I missed that in my earlier wall). How did that satisfy Zakeri or make Serp more consistent in Zakeri's eyes? It's weirder than I first thought and it's actually muddling my read of Zakeri as a result. And to get to the point, I don't know how scummy this is without a relevant flip of Serp, Alice or Jan-san, but it's really weird and needs clarification.

---

Zakeri's #197 doesn't change anything for me. He's basing it on our last game so it's just a history lesson and his philosophy from a Town perspective. That DOES NOT MEAN he's actually Town this game as he does not bring up any specific examples of anything he did that demonstrates he's doing the same thing this game. He was already focusing on the future regarding the coaching business. I brought up some more points on you though so please address those.

---

As for Nietz, I'm now a little torn that he voted Zakeri, but doesn't spend much time expanding that case and a little more on defending himself. Sometimes the best defense is a good offense and I would have liked to see more details about his suspicions on Zakeri, Alice, and whomever else. Like I said, I hope I don't provide all the talking points and Nietz should understand that making statements based on assumptions that the person is Scum is not quite scumhunting.

And I'm going to cut to the chase, but we need some time to digest your answer to the following question. Nietz, do you have a restriction of any kind? There's no way you're dumb enough to do some of the things you've done. Saying yes would explain a few things, but it does not clear you. I'd rather not wait for a last minute roleclaim from you, seeing as how this is the Day's lynch appears to be shaping at the moment.

---

Sodium: Tell us why you're voting Alice over Kerigis/Jan-san for the sake of having it down in writing.

And Serpentarius' assumption about Jan-san voting him is noted. But is that really the crux of your case on Jan-san? Town Jan-san "can" vote you if that's how he really felt, simple as that. I feel this is the second time you might be interpreting things differently than what most people think and I'm finding it difficult to determine how independently scummy that is without Alice's or Jan-san's flip.

Kiro

« Reply #213 on: August 11, 2009, 01:00:27 AM »
EBWOP: Bleh, rereading my post, I think I misunderstood the very first paragraph about Serp's unvote. As a result, the only parts that should remain are:

"Zakeri can still comment on others and still decide Serp is still his vote for the rest of the Day."

"Zakeri "usually" types as he reads so he had all the intention of unvoting Serp when he started the post."

Serp

• It's all about overwhelming force and irresistible style
  • And in a pinch, style can slide
« Reply #214 on: August 11, 2009, 01:26:25 AM »
And Serpentarius' assumption about Jan-san voting him is noted. But is that really the crux of your case on Jan-san? Town Jan-san "can" vote you if that's how he really felt, simple as that.

Yes, yes, I'm well aware of that.  This is why I said "Town Jan has no reason not to vote for me."  If he's Town, then his vote on me was presumably because he felt that I was more likely to be scum than Moonspeak.  That's a possibility, yes.  But considering the lack of any good reasoning behind that vote, it doesn't look like he really thought that I was a better case than Moonspeak.

And as for whether it's the crux of my case, the scummy factor is the bad reasoning behind the vote.  The only reason that I'm pointing out how the vote would fit into Scum Jan's agenda is that Suwako originally claimed that it wouldn't make any sense for Scum Jan to vote against me.  The vote itself isn't the scummy factor, but it's certainly not a towntell.
[15:13] <Sana> >:<

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #215 on: August 11, 2009, 01:42:49 AM »
Sodium: Tell us why you're voting Alice over Kerigis/Jan-san for the sake of having it down in writing.
1.At the time of my vote, the replacement had apparently fallen through(later proven false), so there wasn't any point of voting Kerigis, was there?
2.At this point, I don't want to just randomly move my vote thats a prod to prod another person, and they both need prodding. Also, I'm assuming that Kerigis needs to read the whole game, while Alice only needs to catch up on considerably less.

Roukan:I have once again misunderstood something. I need to lrn2read. =V
META! At least it's not a clear, but more of a "Let's wait and see". I don't really like it, but I'll put it aside.

Suwako: Your post came off to me as "Zakeri isn't as bad as you guys say, Take it easy!". Also,
He wasn't attacking Serpentarius for voting Alice for lurking, he was attacking Serpentarius for being inconsistent. (To address #124 at the time time, I would guess Zakeri unvoted Serpentarius exactly because Serpentarius unvoted Alice and thus stopped being inconsistent.)
Why does Serp unvoting Alice make the inconsistency go away? Serp had still been "inconsistent" before he unvoted, so he had been inconsistent for a period of time.

Well, this day is moving at a snails pace. Doesn't help that there was a double replacement and how 2 people haven't spoken AT ALL yet, and how those two result in less posting from everyone in general. On that note, Affinity and Suwako are missing as well.

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #216 on: August 11, 2009, 02:54:38 AM »
As for Nietz, I'm now a little torn that he voted Zakeri, but doesn't spend much time expanding that case and a little more on defending himself. Sometimes the best defense is a good offense and I would have liked to see more details about his suspicions on Zakeri, Alice, and whomever else. Like I said, I hope I don't provide all the talking points and Nietz should understand that making statements based on assumptions that the person is Scum is not quite scumhunting.

And I'm going to cut to the chase, but we need some time to digest your answer to the following question. Nietz, do you have a restriction of any kind? There's no way you're dumb enough to do some of the things you've done. Saying yes would explain a few things, but it does not clear you. I'd rather not wait for a last minute roleclaim from you, seeing as how this is the Day's lynch appears to be shaping at the moment.
To be frank, I'm quite uninspired for this game. Of the active players, the only case I have some relative confidence is Zakeri, and I've presented my points through the game already: placeholder vote on Alice, behavior towards the Tenshi case and what I felt was an unsatisfying justification for it. Rather than making these points assuming he's scum, it's just that they seem to make a lot more sense if he is.
As for the other, I'm not a little dismayed at the absolute lack of everything from Alice and Jan/Kerigis and the very little from Affinity. There's no much more I can say about them if they're not even playing the game.

As for the second part, I was hoping to have something from those two before, but since the game doesn't seem to be going forward even with the extension I might as well say it already.

I'm a town Psychologist, which by the description is basically a Psychiatrist without the Doctor function. And while I don't put it behind UK to throw it in as a red herring, this does strongly indicate a SK in the setup. Being 12 players in the setup, I would assume, for the sake of balance, that there are only two scum.
I targeted Carthrat night 1, mainly for his reserved and neutral attitude on day 1. And while I'm not informed of success or even in what order the actions take place, the fact that there wasn't a second night kill and that his flip didn't have a role descriptor (just flavor and alignment), indicates I might have gotten it right. (The alternative being that the SK didn't act/doesn't exist and that Carth was an exception to the role madness.)

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #217 on: August 11, 2009, 04:29:27 AM »
I was hoping that both Kerigis and Alice could say something so as to invite discussion, but it seems that this isn't so.  In my opinion, the two prominent cases here, on Nietz and Zakeri have been run aground already; Nietz for making rather WIFOMy accusations (it makes sense if X is scummy) and questionable scumhunting (sitting on fence with the 'but it would be pretending" argument, and Zakeri for the history lessons and strange scumhunting. 

If I were to have an opinion, I would be leaning more to Nietz as scum due to his day one actions which did not point very strongly to anything, which is a tried and tested scumtell.  The roleclaim now for the reason that the game isn't going forward is also questionable.

---

Na2O2 seems to be better due to his questioning and stuff, which helps Xan to some extent, and puts him above Alice and Kerigis at the very least.

Kiro also seemed like he was role-fishing with that restriction question; why did you ask it?  Just because Nietz was acting weirdly doesn't seem to be sufficient enough justification.

Also, Serp, sorry if I missed it, but why are you still voting Na2O2?  What do you think of his actions so far?

Kiro

« Reply #218 on: August 11, 2009, 05:37:38 AM »
Affinity: The way I worded my request to Nietz was to determine if he had a voting restriction. I really wanted to know why else he wouldn't vote for people early in the game. In other words, the only votes he's placed have been on an already existing bandwagon and only a singular vote. The sole exception is Unesco, but I wasn't going to say anything about that in case a supposed vote restriction could only deal with actual players or not. I wanted to give him as few leads as possible in case he decided to make up something. And whether he said he has one or not doesn't clear him, but merely gives consideration into why he may have been so passive through the game.

His lack of a restriction of any sort makes things a little worse for him though. In essence, he did not commit to any early case, not even to vote for the sake of basic Townie duty before going on Tenshi and declaring him pretty newbscum. Ditto with Day 2 and some suspicion on Zakeri and only voting him after I voted him. Can't say I like that too much.

The roleclaim and the problem with such a claim has been mentioned by Nietz himself so it's hard to say whether it's believable or not. The only thing I can think of to say though is that it's possible the mod will never release descriptions for any flips. While we can infer what Tenshi's Jazzy Jailkeep is, there was no description attached to it and we can't actually prove the role is what we think it is. The same pattern applied to Carth's MetalMixer and despite not being able to infer anything, we still didn't get a description. So bleh. I'd like a response from Nietz on why he didn't bother voting for cases in early parts of the Day. If anything, that's what got him into trouble in the first place.

But christ... for all of what Nietz has done; objectively Alice has done the same AND has had no content for the last 84 hours. I still have a case on him and I'm very unhappy he pops in now and then to say he'll post, but doesn't actually do so. Yet he also doesn't ask for a replacement? I am willing to consider his random checking in and not wanting to be replaced as a sign of Scum trying to lurk through the Day. Zakeri and Nietz are somewhat responsive and a Day and Night flip might clear up some things with them, particularly an Alice flip. But this whole thing is unacceptable and it's really time to put my foot down on this one.

##Unvote Zakeri
##Vote Alice Margatroid

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #219 on: August 11, 2009, 05:43:26 AM »
That last bunches of posts looks like a bunch of clarifications. Nothing really new to sink my teeth into, sadly, aside from the fact that Xandium is now actually posting.

Kiro's case on Zakeri is starting to look better, though I sort of disagree with part of his point on Zakeri #166 since Serp didn't jump until the bandwagon was a foregone conclusion (and the only other remotely possible choice was himself). I'm kind of upset that it took a second pass to look this way for me but I guess that's the nature of cases.

As for #124, I submit it was possible Zakeri could find no one he liked better and stuck his vote back on Serpentarius by the end of the post but that seems somewhat unlikely and diving into those sorts of hypotheticals is dumb anyway especially when I'm not Zakeri so I see what you're getting at there.

Why does Serp unvoting Alice make the inconsistency go away? Serp had still been "inconsistent" before he unvoted, so he had been inconsistent for a period of time.

I don't know, you'd have to ask Zakeri. Not knowing why he did it doesn't make me any less confident in what I think he did, though.

I would like mod clarification on the mechanics of someone being attacked at night and not killed before I form a solid opinion on Nietz's roleclaim. Is an attacked individiual notified of such?

Maybe, maybe not

List of Other Smallish Things I Don't Like

- Zakeri's recent AtE.
- Roukanken's antagonization of Zakeri here. The first mini-paragraph in particular is highly unnecessary and isn't even relevant to the current game.
- Kiro giving Sodium a minipass on not saying a lot by suggesting Sodium may be waiting for the other inactives. Xan's finally here; make him talk.
- Sodium floating in the background without being forced to offer up a strong opinion. He's voted for an inactive and lightly brushed most things without taking anything heavily to task. Stop asking questions and give us "I think ______ is scum because ______".
- Alice not playing the game at all but everyone feels this way so.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 06:36:23 AM by Pesco »
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Kerigis

• *Gnaws Donut*
  • Bow down before the true administrator!
« Reply #220 on: August 11, 2009, 06:32:15 AM »
Everyone's favorite Nuclear-lover cat is here! Give him a big applause!
(Christ, I think joining here was a bad idea since I won't be running too much... whatever, the show must go on)

Okay, I'll try to recap:

Day 1:
-Serp kicked the ball. Made a bit of a fuss. Moving on.
-MAPs (Massive Alice Prods).
-Moonspeak making small and unconsistent posts wasn't good for his image. Or at least, that are the vibes from everyone.
-People aren't too happy with my previous incarnation as well.

Day 2:
-Reminiscence about flips.
-WoT from Kiro.
-Lurking matches and things on plays, etc.
-Roleclaim from Nietz. (I'd say it's a bit early for that...)
-More MAPs.

If you feel like I've missed something important I'd have to check, please feel free to yell at me for it.

This is just a sign to say I'm alive and kicking. I'll probably start going for a much detailed read.

No votes right now. The only important reaction to me was raising an eyebrow at Nietz's claim, though.

Powerup punchin'!

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #221 on: August 11, 2009, 11:38:33 AM »
Nietz's claim is very much 'eh'. I don't see why SK wouldn't kill N1, and unless both scum and SK targeted Carth then that's more or less what would have had to happen.
Plus his 'nothing is happening, screw it I'm claiming' attitude sounds sort of like 'I need an excuse to claim this townie-sounding role'.

- Roukanken's antagonization of Zakeri here. The first mini-paragraph in particular is highly unnecessary and isn't even relevant to the current game.
I was getting very irritated with how Zak was wording his argument. He basically admitted 'I'll play anti-Town if I can't be bothered convincing people about my case', and he practically insulted everyone on the Sodium wagon while he was doing it. That's an attack on the person, not the case.

ALICE WHERE ARE YOU

Also Affinity has sort of been going under the radar, which always worries me a little.

Checking for prods and stuff now
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 12:20:10 PM by Pesco »

« Reply #222 on: August 11, 2009, 02:07:18 PM »
So in other words, you voted Sodium solely because you wanted the game to end and deliberately acted against the goals of your faction. Nice job.
I was getting very irritated with how Zak was wording his argument. He basically admitted 'I'll play anti-Town if I can't be bothered convincing people about my case', and he practically insulted everyone on the Sodium wagon while he was doing it. That's an attack on the person, not the case.
Take it to court.
Yes, I know I shouldn't have folded like a house of cards getting punched, but really that's exactly what lylo last game felt like to me. It's really taken it's toll on me, in case the majority of my previous posts don't have enough of a hint in them of this, to the point where I feel like I'm the only one who took it seriously enough to change his playstyle. I knew then it was hopeless, but it felt like everything that happened was my fault, so I took the loss into my hands, and now I'm trying to change myself so I never find myself in that situation again.

And Enough, Rou. This is NOT game discussion at all. This is not the place for this, and I'm getting stressed out again just having to talk about it. I'm almost willing myself in inactivity because I don't want to deal with this, and with two replacements and an Alice, we don't need more inactivity!

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #223 on: August 11, 2009, 02:40:51 PM »
Considering you were the one who asked about it in the first place, you should be expecting people to talk about it.

Nevertheless I agree that this isn't useful play, so I'll move on. I just don't like being painted the bad guy for giving an opinion when I'm asked for one.

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #224 on: August 11, 2009, 03:25:47 PM »
Considering that I probably won't be coming back before the deadline,

##Vote: Alice

which is probably the safest play for now; since modkills seem out of the question for today.  The three posts he made on day one weren't very special of sorts (though perfectly fine for D1), and highlighted opinions which were quite general.  While there were clear stances, it is not enough to absolve him from his absence today.  I'm still weary of lynching Nietz for now, with Kerigis and Alice in the shadows, and would like to see what happens the next day.

In any case, Alice, if you have no time to type a full wall, you should just put out a vote at the very least, given the deadline.

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• The real Alice Blackbarn!
  • "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #225 on: August 11, 2009, 03:43:08 PM »
@Kiro: yes, because my statement that I was going to be more inactive than usual is somehow invalid? :V I do apologise for taking this long, but stuff came up etc. I should be fine now, at least until the weekend.

Just letting you all know that the next person to need replacing will probably get Wrathie filling the spot. Think long and hard about that before you decide to go inactive.

First off, responses:

Quote from: NEETz
This was weird considering that Tenshi's lynch was almost a certainty by that point, and had he flipped scum I would be considerably less suspicious for going after him when I did. This whole comment seems based on the notion that he would flip town.
Wait, what? How does my opinion on Moonspeak's alignment influence you being scummy for lacking an opinion on ANYONE?

Quote from: Kiro
I noticed you vote Jan-san in #71 for the standard reasons. But what I think stands out to me the most is your #87 when you question what Tenshi was doing and make no comment about Jan-san's post above yours including his unvote. For someone who was unhappy about Jan-san, you are suddenly quite single-minded in your pursuit of Tenshi. That single-mindedness gives me the impression of scummy intent, that you're just itching to vote Tenshi, but also don't want to jump on too quickly. And to reiterate my point from before, you justify your vote saying "nobody is this scummy, but I remembered about ras255" is rather selective thinking. But we were wrong about Nuclear Fusion last game and we're wrong about Tenshi this game. Your evidence there is faulty. I think you were trying too hard to look ok while voting Tenshi so I find your vote on his bandwagon the most telling. And then at the end, you just state you're going to go after Jan-san again. See below about why I'm wary of that.
Honestly, Jan was pretty bad, but...the problem with cases like Moonspeak and Nuclear Fusion is that you really don't know what to do. Past a certain point of flailing, someone can seal their doom in mafia since there's just too much WIFOM in trying to determine their alignment, and the only thing that can do this is an investigative role, which is not only prone to failure (RBs, Godfathers, etc.), but also can be best used elsewhere. So I stand by my Moonspeak vote, and I would have voted Nuclear Fusion D2 in Umineko despite his claim, as the WIFOM and nuttery at that point just hit ridiculous levels.

Because Alice claims Nietz can't hold a clear and concise opinion which is incorrect because he had one on Tenshi.
I went over NEETz's posts and didn't find this. All I found were lots of accusations of "null tell". So if you think he did have one, link to the relevant post?

Also on reread, I didn't necessarily like his case on Roukan on a point that didn't look like it would go far and the case on Nietz feels a little half hearted for some reason.
The case on Rou was notably odd, but as a general rule going off on weird tangential cases D1 seems to be more of a Town-tell in general than a Scum-tell. Reason being that Scum really have no point in trying to vote for someone who almost certainly won't be a lynch that day, and it makes them look noticeably awkward.

Quote from: NEETz
The whole point was that Alice was already looking forward to me being pursued Day 2. Don't tell me you didn't notice that.
Um, where is this? I said it's notable to keep an eye on you and see if you suddenly gain scumhunting skills or not, because of how you work when you're scum. Misrep much?

Anyway, this current situation is a bit weird. Relevant opinions:

First off, @mod, what was Carthrat's role as flipped? Vanilla Townie?

Don't think it said Vanilla Townie, but what does a rabbit like me know? Maybe the cat could tell you, but she needs the soul to even know who they are.

Now, NEETz is weird. D1 he acts like a typical scum-NEETz, then D2 after a lot of prodding he gets into things and starts at least trying to scumhunt, though I don't like his conclusions. His roleclaim seemed a bit early (there are still 10 hours left in the day, and he wasn't at L-1), and what's arguably weirder is he claimed an obscure role which implies a second killing party, then claims to have used it on The Dead Guy, which explains why there was only one NK N1.

First off, @mod: if such a role were to exist in this game, and were to cure a hypothetical SK-Carthrat N1, would his N1 kill still go through, or not? Most of the time I've seen shrinks used, the townieficiation only became relevant starting the next night.

No idea. Ask Eirin?

Of course, this seems like something that could clear itsself up if we wait long enough and then notice a pair of NKs one night. Waiting until D3 sounds good for me, especially since NEETz is just starting to contribute now and this seems like something that we could check out. Possible vote target, but not my first.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I basically hate, loathe and despise everything about Xan's play, but at the same time, the fact that Town-Xan ALSO works this way leaves me to be ultimately uncertain about his scumminess. Possible vote target, but again, I'd have to think about it a bit more.

At the beginning of D1, I thought that Jan-san was likely scum, with the only point against him being that he voted for Serp D1 instead of the obvious free bandwagon. It still makes mild sense for Scum-Jan to vote Town-Serp like this, but it more-or-less eliminates a Jan/Serp scumpair in my mind *at this point*. Need more input from Sodium Chlorate now, he seems to be almost uncharacteristically wishy-washy, but considering he just replaced a lurker in this game, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I'm not seeing the case on Zakeri very much. In fact, D1 seems to play out very much in his favour! He didn't slap down a vote for the obvious bandwagon, instead trying to point out why coaching is not necessarily bad (an opinion I disagree with personally, but one which is not in and of itsself anti-Town...). Some of his other actions, like voting me without much reasoning, or his move to Serp after this for...uh, very questionable reasons, are bad, and I'm not sure about his reasoning on Nietz (slaps down 3 cases on Nietz, Carthrat and Xan, all 3 of which have weak reasoning, proceeds to vote the one most likely to get lynched), but I can't see him being scum at this point due to him not jumping onto the Moonspeak wagon.

Going to have to think about this some more. Current suspicion goes Nietz > Zakeri (which would be a vote right now if him not being on the Moonspeak wagon confounds him being Scum) > Xan/Sodium Aspartate > Jan-san/Kerigis. Going to think about this a bit more and slap down a vote in my next post, in 2 hours or so.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 03:53:56 PM by Pesco »
"Oh, great. Another game where I get screwed by Kilga." ~ Carthrat

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #226 on: August 11, 2009, 04:02:32 PM »
Quote from: Pesco
Don't think it said Vanilla Townie, but what does a rabbit like me know? Maybe the cat could tell you, but she needs the soul to even know who they are.
Smart-aleck comments aside, what in the actual fuck is a "Metalmixer"? I've never heard of such a role before and it's not on the MS wiki either.

We'll see after the game.

I dunno, but it sounds pretty cool, doesn't it?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 07:15:25 PM by UncertainKitten »

« Reply #227 on: August 11, 2009, 04:04:31 PM »
Zakeri's vote on Alice in #55 still looks like a convenient placeholder vote to me as he wasn't sure "where to take my vote to lynch now." I'm not saying that he wants to vote Alice to lynch, but rather, he's not ready to commit to anything early on which is pretty much just like Nietz at the time.

Well, the only thing we had to respond to at the time was Serp's sudden Serious Business, which many thought was a good reactionary vote. I was under the impression that Serp had managed to find some evidence that Alice had been on shortly before he had. I took a quick look, and by coincidence, there was evidence. So I voted based on that.

Also, I think it's weird that you call me out on not wanting to Vote to Lynch both So early in the day and while my reason for voting Alice was "Why didn't you Random vote?" The only other person that was worth voting at the time was only questionably scummy, as my later questioning proves.

An unvote of Serp should only come because of something Serp did and the main things was him unvoting Alice...
The main reason behind my vote of Serp was
1. Admiting his reasoning for voting Alice was bad (Considering it a Null-tell)
2. Keeping his vote on Alice

Where exactly is the discrepancy? Yes, I still feel it's suspicious, but the main problem was taken care of, and there's not much more reason to pursue it unless I think Alice is town. Of which I'm doubting due to His recent lack of presence.

Should note that Serp did vote Tenshi in the end. So in that sense, you are ignoring him because his vote did help to secure the lynch. Why do the scum have to be amongst Nietz and the people before him?
I was mainly focusing on the large wagon near the top of the page, but looking back, I agree Serp's vote of Tenshi should be given as much of a look over as Neitz, Xan, and Alice's votes need to be.

Affinity: The way I worded my request to Nietz was to determine if he had a voting restriction.
...A Voting restriction? Seriously? What makes you think there would be such a restriction in the first place? Unless this is a bastard mod game, it's highly doubtful that there would be a "Scummy Voting Only" Restriction put on a townie. You're not afraid to call me out on my Prod on Alice, and the weird look behind my Unvote of Serp, yet you're hesitant to Assume that Neitz's Bandwagon of Bandwagons it worth considering scummy?

Neitz starts out with FoSing my post on him, since I had "More points on Carthrat than I had on him." Which, is missing the point since I felt Neitz's play was more likely to come from scum than Carthrat's. He continues mentioning this offhandedly right up until his first post after Kiro makes an entire Case around me.

It's worth noting that he did bring up the stance on Tenshi and held it up for quite a while, even after my refutation. It seems to be the only decent point he's holding though.

As for Neitz's roleclaim, it does make a certain kind of sense, but it has certain problems with it. It borrows on the "I targeted a dead guy." and it's miniscule enough a role that there's unlikely any sort of counter claim, even with all of the extra roles in this game. It's also too vague what a metalmixer is, and It's weird how he adds in that "It might just be the mod screwing with us if there isn't a Serial Killer on the loose."

Several Cuts:
1. Thanks :)

2. Safevote turns out not to be safe. Irony ensues.

3. I'm basically considering Xan's play Null, since I could see the basic workings of a townie who's just not invested in the game as well as bandwagoning scum. I'm willing to Judge Sodium on his own merits, whenever those show up.

4. All I have on me is useless speculation, if you still want it.

Kiro

« Reply #228 on: August 11, 2009, 04:17:27 PM »
Because Alice claims Nietz can't hold a clear and concise opinion which is incorrect because he had one on Tenshi.
I went over NEETz's posts and didn't find this. All I found were lots of accusations of "null tell". So if you think he did have one, link to the relevant post?

He had an opinion on Tenshi. He thought he was nubscum and voted him. If you stand by your vote on Tenshi, I might also assume he stands by his.

Quote from: Alice
Also on reread, I didn't necessarily like his case on Roukan on a point that didn't look like it would go far and the case on Nietz feels a little half hearted for some reason.
The case on Rou was notably odd, but as a general rule going off on weird tangential cases D1 seems to be more of a Town-tell in general than a Scum-tell. Reason being that Scum really have no point in trying to vote for someone who almost certainly won't be a lynch that day, and it makes them look noticeably awkward.

This is entirely your opinion subject to WIFOM. Using it in your own defense is not giving me a good feeling.

At the beginning of D1, I thought that Jan-san was likely scum, with the only point against him being that he voted for Serp D1 instead of the obvious free bandwagon. It still makes mild sense for Scum-Jan to vote Town-Serp like this, but it more-or-less eliminates a Jan/Serp scumpair in my mind *at this point*. Need more input from Sodium Chlorate now, he seems to be almost uncharacteristically wishy-washy, but considering he just replaced a lurker in this game, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

How did any of the flips (or lack thereof for Serp or Jan) convince you to change your mind on this issue?

I'm not seeing the case on Zakeri very much. In fact, D1 seems to play out very much in his favour! He didn't slap down a vote for the obvious bandwagon, instead trying to point out why coaching is not necessarily bad (an opinion I disagree with personally, but one which is not in and of itsself anti-Town...). Some of his other actions, like voting me without much reasoning, or his move to Serp after this for...uh, very questionable reasons, are bad, and I'm not sure about his reasoning on Nietz (slaps down 3 cases on Nietz, Carthrat and Xan, all 3 of which have weak reasoning, proceeds to vote the one most likely to get lynched), but I can't see him being scum at this point due to him not jumping onto the Moonspeak wagon.

Noted. Let's get this post out first while I check Zakeri's.

Kiro

« Reply #229 on: August 11, 2009, 04:32:55 PM »
Also, I think it's weird that you call me out on not wanting to Vote to Lynch both So early in the day and while my reason for voting Alice was "Why didn't you Random vote?" The only other person that was worth voting at the time was only questionably scummy, as my later questioning proves.

Hey, saying you didn't know where to put your vote to lynch was in your own words. I don't expect people in early Day 1 to necessarily know where to put their votes to lynch, but you bringing it up indicates you're conscious of it and perhaps worried about making your vote useful.

Quote from: Zakeri
An unvote of Serp should only come because of something Serp did and the main things was him unvoting Alice...
The main reason behind my vote of Serp was
1. Admiting his reasoning for voting Alice was bad (Considering it a Null-tell)
2. Keeping his vote on Alice

Where exactly is the discrepancy? Yes, I still feel it's suspicious, but the main problem was taken care of, and there's not much more reason to pursue it unless I think Alice is town. Of which I'm doubting due to His recent lack of presence.
Noted. An unvote of Serp though should also consider other actions he performed which in that same period had him vote Tenshi (a wagon you avoided and/or were conflicted about) and then unvoting Tenshi and voting Jan-san. It seems you ignored that and focussed strictly on his unvote of Alice. *stares*

Quote from: Zakeri
Should note that Serp did vote Tenshi in the end. So in that sense, you are ignoring him because his vote did help to secure the lynch. Why do the scum have to be amongst Nietz and the people before him?
I was mainly focusing on the large wagon near the top of the page, but looking back, I agree Serp's vote of Tenshi should be given as much of a look over as Neitz, Xan, and Alice's votes need to be.
Noted.

My approach with Nietz is mainly why he didn't bother to vote early. I came to a conclusion that it had to be that he either degenerated as a player or he was being restricted. The fact that he states he's rather uninspired for this game is now making me not rule out the first point. Frankly, his answers make him look more worthy of a vote to me now.

Damn, can we get another extension or something? Or at least a specific deadline time and votecount. Having to rush this with an estimated 30 minutes left is not my idea of a good time.

Deadline is in 36.5 hours at 10:00 PM EST, Tuesday, August 11.

I won't be around for this, but Orin definitely should
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 04:37:09 PM by Pesco »

Unesco

• United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization
    • www.unesco.org
« Reply #230 on: August 11, 2009, 04:46:40 PM »

The Elventh "GOD DAMNIT TEWI!" Vote Count

Tewi! EienTewi

Roukanken (0)
Affinity (0)
Nietz (3): Roukanken, Zakeri, Suwako Moriya
Suwako Moriya (0)
EX Na2O2 (1): Serpentarius
Kiro (0)
Zakeri (1): Nietz
Serpentarius (0)
Alice (3) :Sodium, Kiro, Affinity
Kerigis (0)

Not Voting (2): Alice, Kerigis

With 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch
Nietz is at L-3, Alice is at L-3

Deadline is in 8.5 hours at 10:00 PM EST, Tuesday, August 11.

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #231 on: August 11, 2009, 04:47:11 PM »
Alert for Kiro to check the Pesco edit to his post just in case he hasn't noticed already.

Catching up, gimme a moment.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Kiro

« Reply #232 on: August 11, 2009, 04:48:52 PM »
EBWOP: Oh... in my post replying to Alice: the second paragraph actually has my quote referring to Suwako rather than to cases Alice presented himself. Otherwise, the basic idea of the point still stands.

And geez... didn't know the voted Extension got us 33 hours instead of 24.

« Reply #233 on: August 11, 2009, 04:52:27 PM »
Damn, can we get another extension or something? Or at least a specific deadline time and votecount. Having to rush this with an estimated 30 minutes left is not my idea of a good time.

It was given last vote count. The new deadline is in nine hours.

Hey, saying you didn't know where to put your vote to lynch was in your own words. I don't expect people in early Day 1 to necessarily know where to put their votes to lynch, but you bringing it up indicates you're conscious of it and perhaps worried about making your vote useful.
But it's the job of town to make their vote useful. Of course I'd be worried about it. Is ... is this even an accusation anymore? The way you put it, it's got this weird "Hey man, don't blame me for insulting yourself." feel to it, like you're disassociating it to yourself.

Noted.
Noted.

My approach with Nietz is mainly why he didn't bother to vote early. I came to a conclusion that it had to be that he either degenerated as a player or he was being restricted. The fact that he states he's rather uninspired for this game is now making me not rule out the first point. Frankly, his answers make him look more worthy of a vote to me now.
Still, the Idea of a voting restriction is rather silly to contemplate. This does quell some worry, though.

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #234 on: August 11, 2009, 05:15:19 PM »
I would like mod clarification on the mechanics of someone being attacked at night and not killed before I form a solid opinion on Nietz's roleclaim. Is an attacked individiual notified of such?

Maybe, maybe not

Well that's all sorts of helpful.

This leaves me torn on the roleclaim. On one hand, it's weird enough to be in this setup. On the other hand...it's weird enough to be in this setup. ScumNietz could have pulled something out of his ass just as easily as TownNietz could be telling the truth, and with no reliable way to check if someone else was attacked last night we have a hard time determining if there is an SK or not (and this check itself isn't even totally reliable, given the number of non-doc non-BP ways last night could have played out with an SK present).

I'm...going to leave my vote where it is. The number of scummy things Nietz has done outweighs whatever could be gleaned in his favor from the roleclaim after one gets by all the aneurysms.

Kerigis shows up, gives us a news report...and disappears. Grah.

I still want to hear who Sodium thinks is scummy and why. Normally less than 12 hours with no response wouldn't be enough to get me impatient but there's just under 9 left in the day, so.

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #235 on: August 11, 2009, 05:25:40 PM »
Quote from: Kiro link=topic=1398.msg57872#msg57872
How did any of the flips (or lack thereof for Serp or Jan) convince you to change your mind on this issue?
[/quote
Still haven't changed my mind, still think Jan-san is awful, waiting for more input from his replacement. Simply find the action of him voting for Serp weird enough that I'm not ready to jump on him, especially as it has the clear implication of "either one of Jan-san or Serp is scum, but not both".

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #236 on: August 11, 2009, 05:30:31 PM »
Alice posted! Huzzah!

Also a bit of "derp" when Alice said "Nietz isn't my first vote target", then in the end, lists him as first in his scumlist. >_>

Nietz:
"Oh Hai Guize, My role depends on the existence of a SK, and I targeted the dead guy. I'm also roleclaiming at an awkward time."
=<
Well, I don't really like roleclaims followed by "I targetted the dead guy", unless it's a vig or something, where it would make sense that they're dead. Then there's the timing of the roleclaim(not close to the deadline at all, and only at L-3), and how there's no evidence of a SK being in the game.

Kiro:Derp

Suwako: Nietz. I like the case on him, I don't like his case on Alice(OMG, ALICE WANTS TO KEEP AN EYE ON ME, HE MUST'VE KNOWN THAT TENSHI WOULD FLIP TOWN), and I don't like his roleclaim.
Second would be Affinity or Kerigis. Kerigis because the collective Jan-san and Kerigis have produced little to NOTHING, and Affinity seems to just be dropping in, giving vague opinions, then leaving for a while before dropping in again.

Well, I'm removing my Alice vote as he's finally posted, and I don't really see Nietz's case on Alice. I also no longer think that the Zakeri case is viable at this point in time(both in reasoning and number of votes), so that leaves Nietz. I agree with the case on him(lack of anything early day 1, jumping onto Tenshi wagon, etc), and his roleclaim isn't believable, in my opinion. If he DOES flip what he said he is, then it means that there's a good chance that there's a SK(or that Unesco is screwing with us, VERY MUCH).

##Unvote
##Vote Nietz L-2

Kerigis, you there? >_> All you did was drop some IIoA, then ran away.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #237 on: August 11, 2009, 06:11:01 PM »
I'll start by saying that no explanation of new roles on flip is bull. :/

Alice has arrived and posted. But I'm seconding Sodium's raised eyebrows over the 'Nietz isn't my main suspect but he's at the top of my list' point. T_T

Kerigis is sort of horrible, but we'll see if he picks up by Day 3.

Honestly not much new has come up, so I'll repeat my belief that Nietz's claim is too convenient and press on.

I never do it in my MS games. Why should I do it here?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 07:13:04 PM by UncertainKitten »

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #238 on: August 11, 2009, 07:29:46 PM »
Well, frankly, the best thing town could do is to let me die today. As I said, I'm not particularly inspired for this game and my death would at lest be helpful by 1) confirming what I said about my role and the setup and 2) avoiding carrying this distraction into Day 3. And anyway, if I was right about the setup and Carth, then LYLO is still away.

Sorry about this, I'm too worried about other stuff lately to play the game properly, but I'll try to come with some decent opinions before the deadline.

Quote from: Alice мафиятроид
NEETz
Fine, I put the title back. :‌V

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #239 on: August 11, 2009, 07:34:41 PM »
I never do it in my MS games. Why should I do it here?
Not only is it standard as per this site, it's also what generally is the case on MS. This is mildly hateful and means the Town lacks critical information.

That's simply how this round works. Move along, we aren't telling.
You get their alignment. That's pretty critical information. In the games I started with we didn't play with reveal at all. Town can cope. I mod differently. Sorry you weren't aware as I had never had complaints about it before
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 10:24:28 PM by UncertainKitten »