Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments Thread 19: 90FPS FOR EVERYONE  (Read 222134 times)

Getting clipped since Feb. 2012.

Youtube

Tumblr

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
Re: Touhou Accomplishments Thread 19: 90FPS FOR EVERYONE
« Reply #421 on: December 24, 2012, 12:20:35 PM »
PoFV Normal Clear with all characters, completing Normal across all games with all characters/shottypes and finals.

I really dreaded PoFV Normal, mainly because I remembered it as quite hard, which it was, but completing it with all characters allowed to get a much, much better understanding of the game, things I never really used even on higher difficulties. Surprised that I got so many clears on the first try, though. Also learned not to take a quick look at the timer when there's an awful lot going on, especially not past the third minute in Stage 9 Round 3 with 3 Spells and 0 Extra Lives in stock.

Anyway, guess that means that I'll have to move on to Hard Mode.

Getting clipped since Feb. 2012.

Youtube

Tumblr

redlakitu

« Reply #423 on: December 24, 2012, 03:45:19 PM »
Nine misses? 29 bombs used? 14 spell cards captured? Seriously, my stage practice performace yesterday was so unexpectedly good and uplifting, but then I started a full run and proceeded to fail basically everything the game would throw at me, even things like Deep-Rooted Butterfly which seemed trivial yesterday. And in hilarious ways, too. Youmu's first spell? Let's die to the first wave with two bombs in stock. Repository of Hirokawa? Let's bomb it, then lose a life anyway. Yuyuko's first nonspell? Let's get trapped IMMEDIATELY. And so on.

And despite all that, I still got my PCB Hard 1cc with one spare life - without even reaching the 1000 extend because I'm too scared to autocollect on Hard. I swear, I don't understand this game at times.

fsvgm777

• One of the only Touhou fans from Luxembourg... I guess.
  • Oh, I'm just a concerned observer.
« Reply #424 on: December 24, 2012, 05:37:36 PM »
I just 1cc'd PoDD Normal with all characters. The last character I've 1cc'd the game with is Ellen. The run was meh score-wise, though. I only died twice, and both deaths were to Yumemi.

...I should really 1cc SA Normal with ReimuA now.

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #425 on: December 24, 2012, 06:50:04 PM »
Hurray, I finally cleared SA's Extra stage! So, that leaves SoEW, LLS, MS, PCB Phantasm, PoFV, UFO, FW, and TD. Totally got this, you guys.  :)
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

« Reply #426 on: December 24, 2012, 07:55:07 PM »
Hurray, I finally cleared SA's Extra stage! So, that leaves SoEW, LLS, MS, PCB Phantasm, PoFV, UFO, FW, and TD. Totally got this, you guys.  :)

Congrats. It's the hardest one to clear for the first time from the main Windows games. Go for Phantasm, imo it's the easiest out of these. Or UFO, though you'd preferably make some survival route with a bunch of red and green UFOs or just randomly get them w/o any strategy like I did :V. Btw, I remember I cleared both Phantasm and UFO Extra for the first time in the same day. :3

RNG

• Lord of all that Bullshits
« Reply #427 on: December 25, 2012, 12:09:48 AM »
Spin The Cephalic Plate timeout, along with some other shenanigans. Kaze, you wanted this?

IDK if this stage is possible to pacifist. Seppo claims it is. He's scary.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #428 on: December 25, 2012, 12:20:10 AM »
IDK if this stage is possible to pacifist. Seppo claims it is. He's scary.
It's pretty much all streamed so I'd say it is.  Hardest part would be the 7 bullet spreads shortly after the midboss.

« Reply #429 on: December 25, 2012, 12:36:31 AM »
holy shit what a day. I might have once gotten 2 achievements on one day (not even sure about that), but four!? needless to say, I am amazed and really happy.
Koishi
Eirin (hard)
Mamizou
Yukari
(well, the last two were past 12am, so I guess it's two days?)
of course, the runs tend to be bombspammy (or border-breaky), and I gloriously failed hourai elixir because I thought it would be going into the other direction. :V whatever! clears are clears, and I'm really happy with that.
if anybody wants to feel good about themselves, I have 369 attempts on Nine Syllable Stabs (and 120 on Ancestors) as well as 217 attempts on Will-o-wisps in Unknown Orbit. took me an ungodly time to do this.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 12:50:01 AM by Limian »
Lunatic 1ccs: MoF (ReimuB)

« Reply #430 on: December 25, 2012, 01:06:12 AM »
After being so inactive with touhou, I have had a good attempt at VowG lunatic which ended up in a 1DNB. Time to get some practice and capture this card at least once.

« Reply #431 on: December 25, 2012, 01:28:20 AM »
Did a 1cc of MoF as MarisaC. A character that I've never really tried but I wanted to unlock Extra for her so there's that. The accomplishment is that I managed to die to almost all of the easiest stuff. Sanae's midboss card. Haha, yeah thank you for that you little fat-ass witch. I'll totally blame her slightly larger hitbox for that one. Sanae's first spell: Yeah, didn't really approach it with my normal route since I kinda forgot it so had to read, then clipped bullet. Moses Miracle. Killed by the water. Divining Crop: Alas it had to happen sometime. This hasn't killed me in forever. And finally, Nitori's first spell too.

Cute little run. Very bad but I am still happy that I did it since I get to have a replay where I only get hit by one hard attack and that would be Saruta Cross which can be pretty hard when you are retarded and at 1xx power...

MoF you are so easy... Just don't ask me to no-bombs with her. She is clunky as hell to use.  :3

Yatakarasu

• Always failing, sometimes winning!
  • Fail mode activate!
« Reply #432 on: December 25, 2012, 05:10:00 AM »
Random progresses:
Got to Kaguya's last card in IN on normal. (not the last word, just the normal set of cards)
Got to Suwako's last card in MoF extra. Died really early in that fight, so I was surprised that I got far at all.
Captured Byakuren's first card on normal.

Suwako is so close. I just need that one good run and to stop having stupid deaths.

Normal Clears: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Hard Clears: PoFV, SA, TD, DDC
Extra Clears: PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Current touhou goal: Improve! ...1cc more Hard Modes

Goldom

• Whee
« Reply #433 on: December 25, 2012, 07:28:38 AM »
I beat Marine Benefit on easy. :smokedcheese:

Had been held back because my "old" computer, despite still having no trouble with brand new AAA games, doesn't have a fast enough CPU to handle MB's awfully optimized code without dropping to about 15 FPS. Now I can play it properly at last on a silly little laptop, because even what was a fairly cheap Ivy Bridge is a beast compared to my old Lynnfield.

« Reply #434 on: December 25, 2012, 08:15:19 AM »
Got IN Extra no bombs before Christmas! I'll take this as a pretty good Christmas present as I've never, ever been good at Mokou ever. I feel a bit more comfortable now, but there are some cards that particularly haunt me. Mokou's first card is now fine, but her Flying Phoenix card is now nightmare inducing for me (for whatever reason). Fujiyama Volcano is still really hard for me, and I'm still terrible at Hourai Doll and Imperishable Shooting. But I can now make up for my terribleness by basically perfecting everything pre-Rings of Death, so I'm fine with that for now. Also, surprisingly few people have done any no bombs/perfect IN extra attempts (at least replays.gensokyo.org says so), which is somewhat surprising to me.

Welp, only have TD and GFW left. TD might be a tad hard since I want to do No Trance as well, and I don't think you can get more than 3 lives with a no trance condition. GFW is GFW. I might consider going back and attempting perfects of some Extras, but I probably will do them in between my primary goals to preserve my sanity.

Also it's Christmas where I am, so Merry Christmas everyone!

« Reply #435 on: December 25, 2012, 08:50:46 AM »
Got IN Extra no bombs before Christmas! I'll take this as a pretty good Christmas present as I've never, ever been good at Mokou ever. I feel a bit more comfortable now, but there are some cards that particularly haunt me. Mokou's first card is now fine, but her Flying Phoenix card is now nightmare inducing for me (for whatever reason). Fujiyama Volcano is still really hard for me, and I'm still terrible at Hourai Doll and Imperishable Shooting. But I can now make up for my terribleness by basically perfecting everything pre-Rings of Death, so I'm fine with that for now. Also, surprisingly few people have done any no bombs/perfect IN extra attempts (at least replays.gensokyo.org says so), which is somewhat surprising to me.

Welp, only have TD and GFW left. TD might be a tad hard since I want to do No Trance as well, and I don't think you can get more than 3 lives with a no trance condition. GFW is GFW. I might consider going back and attempting perfects of some Extras, but I probably will do them in between my primary goals to preserve my sanity.

Also it's Christmas where I am, so Merry Christmas everyone!

Well, I'm a little busy so I can't DL the replay at the moment, but since you mentioned Flying Phoenix... If you're having problems with it, here's a little "Christmas Present"~ If you could call something so simple such a thing.

Made sure to use Sakuya/Remilia as your link says (even though I couldn't watch it yet) so maybe it'll help a bit? It's quite easy if you realize there's plenty of room for misdirecting the Phoenixes. Then again, I may be giving useless advice as I couldn't watch yet. Maybe you already know this.

Not like I was able to actually get any of you guys anything for Christmas, so I'll just pretend this is a super-nice thing to do. Hope it helps though!

Anyways, good job! And good luck, whatever you decide to go for next!
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 08:54:04 AM by SirBlueberry »

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #436 on: December 25, 2012, 12:59:19 PM »
Also, surprisingly few people have done any no bombs/perfect IN extra attempts (at least replays.gensokyo.org says so), which is somewhat surprising to me.

oh course, congratz. the reason nobody perfects this stage is the 8th non. there is no spell practice for it and stuff, but it's fucking fast and difficult. NMNB IN extra IS an eventual goal of mine, but it will take a while, just like SA stage 5 etc.

good luck on GFW and TD. as I said, GFW isn't as bad as it looks. you get TONS of life, even without bombs. I think a good ice-route without bombs gives your around 13 lives or so.

Cor

« Reply #437 on: December 25, 2012, 01:27:13 PM »
I cleared all UFO shots on Normal. woop woop, Happy Holidays all

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #438 on: December 25, 2012, 02:43:41 PM »
Also, surprisingly few people have done any no bombs/perfect IN extra attempts (at least replays.gensokyo.org says so), which is somewhat surprising to me.
I've done perfect attempts, but I kind of stopped after getting an ND2B run (7th nonspell silly hit, obligatory hit to 8th nonspell).  I do plan on going back to it at some point, but for now I'm pretty happy with 2 bombs and 13 spell captures (yes I failed Imperishable Shooting I wasn't thinking straight)

Byronyello

• "The Western Non-Otaku That Respects and Likes Touhou"
  • I guess that'd be my title in a Touhou game...
« Reply #439 on: December 25, 2012, 05:42:05 PM »
Merry Winter Solstice Christmas people!

...and I completed Marine Benefit on Normal with all reasonable shot-types! ....Yes, I know that reduces the amount of eligible shot-types by quite a wide margin, but Sanae's special effects are quite infuriating to work with. (i.e: Reimu A,B,C and Marisa A,B,C completed.)

Edit: Don't want to double post, but I just got what I would call a good accomplishment. I managed to get a score of 1,230,765,480(replay), which I think is fairly good. (Though, I imagine some people are guffawing at the thought that it is a good score, but eh....)
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 07:04:13 PM by Byronyello »
(Strike-through indicates a clear)
Hard Clears: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC.
Lunatic Clears: Someday, perhaps.
Extra Clears: EoSD, PCB, PCB Phantasm, IN, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC.

Alicirno

• Seer of Heart
  • Paruparuparu
« Reply #440 on: December 25, 2012, 09:04:25 PM »
Just managed to 1cc LLS Normal with ReimuA with 1 life to spare! :toot:

... Now for Gengetsu  :ohdear:

« Reply #441 on: December 25, 2012, 10:13:19 PM »
...and I completed Marine Benefit on Normal with all reasonable shot-types! ....Yes, I know that reduces the amount of eligible shot-types by quite a wide margin, but Sanae's special effects are quite infuriating to work with. (i.e: Reimu A,B,C and Marisa A,B,C completed.)
MarisaA is arguably the worst shot type in the game, so well done on that.

SanaeA is much, much better than she looks. When I picked her for my perfect run, it was not a self-imposed challenge, it was a key advantage that made things much easier for me. Once you get past the difficulty in aiming the virtues (and not focusing your attention on them), the only real problem is the terrible bomb. And if you have too much trouble, just play her like ReimuA and treat the virtues as just a bonus. SanaeA at max power focused is actually very slightly stronger than ReimuA.

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #442 on: December 25, 2012, 10:49:21 PM »
I've never liked Marine Benefit, but might as well point out that SomeGuy712x, a friend of mine who doesn't have an account here, seems to prefer SanaeC (see videos: perfect Extra, no-death Normal, Lunatic 1cc).

Byronyello

• "The Western Non-Otaku That Respects and Likes Touhou"
  • I guess that'd be my title in a Touhou game...
« Reply #443 on: December 25, 2012, 11:12:04 PM »
I absoutely despise Sanae C because I'm pretty sure the developers actually did not use it. At all. It, because it is add-blended, covers up other add-blended bullets. (Google it, I can't explain it eloquently.) How did such a thing get past development? Without the visibility problems, I think it would be a reasonable shot-type.

Sanae A and B are relatively okay, but for some reason I can't use them that well compared to the more traditional shot-types.
(Strike-through indicates a clear)
Hard Clears: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC.
Lunatic Clears: Someday, perhaps.
Extra Clears: EoSD, PCB, PCB Phantasm, IN, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC.

RNG

• Lord of all that Bullshits
« Reply #444 on: December 26, 2012, 12:09:38 AM »
It's pretty much all streamed so I'd say it is.  Hardest part would be the 7 bullet spreads shortly after the midboss.

...no. There are the fairies that fire arrowheads, right before Nitori's first appearance, which are hard as hell. Then there's the wall fairies after the midboss, which require you to be in position right as you time out Hydro Camouflage (which is no small task). The 7 bullet spreads are u-streaming, I've done them before without shooting.

Please try it out yourself before you jump to conclusions like that.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #445 on: December 26, 2012, 12:21:02 AM »
Please try it out yourself before you jump to conclusions like that.
I have actually tried it.

and just now I avoided the "arrowhead fairies" before midboss Nitori first attempt.  (failed the section with 2 of them because I tried my standard approach rather than turtling it out in the corner).  In the try i did just now...the 7-bullet spreads were the hardest [stage] part.  Like I expected.

Please do not make assumptions about what I have and have not tried.

WOOHOO TWO DEATH MOSES MIRACLE TIMEOUT
I'M HAPPY (first death was 52 seconds in, and anyone who knows the card knows this is a huge deal, Malky, get on timing this thing out)

oh and the replay is in the lucky dodges thread if you want to see it  :V

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #446 on: December 26, 2012, 01:56:43 AM »
actually, I don't think it's that big of a deal. I timed that thing out in 2 attempts before. I never thought anything of it, so I didn't safe the replay.

is it really that difficult to time out? I mean, it's just a variation of streaming, isn't it? there are definitely things more worthy to be timed out in that game...I mean, still congratz. if it's really something more difficult than I thought, then it's pretty good, seeing how that thing has 70 seconds; so surviving for the first 52 is...good. yes.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 01:58:14 AM by Sakurei »

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #447 on: December 26, 2012, 02:03:35 AM »
actually, I don't think it's that big of a deal. I timed that thing out in 2 attempts before.
Really?  It gets really hard to reverse near the end, I'd say it's probably the single hardest card in MoF to time out (yes, harder to get than VoWG because VoWG doesn't get harder after a certain point and Moses Miracle just keeps getting faster).  But yeah, playing normally it's not really something you noticed as it ends fast but timing it out gets very hellish very quickly-even 30 seconds in reversing is an ordeal.

« Reply #448 on: December 26, 2012, 02:32:12 AM »
IN Spellcard #206: Unseasonable Butterfly Storm, No Horizontal

Alright. I myself am not sure how cool that is really, because I kinda got the feeling that was how I was supposed to capture it, since moving horizontally I have a terrible capture rate with this card. :V Unless I'm doing Remi solo where I can capture it before I trap myself in a corner.

But I'll consider this an accomplishment even if it turns out it's something easy, for two reasons; firstly because it's like the first thing I ever attempted No Horizontal ever (besides beating my brother at PoFV but that's different) and secondly this along with Tree-Ocean of Hourai makes 9/17 Last Word captures for me with Border Team (or in other words, more than half) so that's something.

Oh

« Reply #449 on: December 26, 2012, 02:38:25 AM »
NMNB Aya
I am so inconsistent with Aya, I NMNB'd her twice (once in a full run) with ReimuA but never with ReimuB
With some effort I guess I could NMNB the entire stage as well. Oh well, LNB comes first as this is all practice.